[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Force of Will
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 6
File: 458=-38.jpg (90 KB, 528x960) Image search: [Google]
458=-38.jpg
90 KB, 528x960
What decks are you running right now/trying to build? Trying to make a Musketeer deck at the moment, but it does kind of limit me a bit with what I can include.
>>
>>46827200
That butt ... It's illegal !!
>>
>>46827200
the shitty weeb aesthetic of this game is such a shame, I really like the game design behind it
>>
I want to fuck Piruruk.
>>
This game looks pretty fun but it doesn't seem too popular. I don't know if i want to get into it.

Also I can only imagine the most weeb community
>>
>>46829195
Weebs only care about YGO and won't ever try anything else. The game plays closest to MtG with changes that I think are improvements. There are some balance issues right now but they are learning and the game is still young.
>>
>>46829195
It's a stillborn in japan.
>>
>>46829625
>There are some balance issues right now but they are learning and the game is still young
The Battle for Attrwhateverthefuck looks like it's going to help things settle out a bit.

>>46829652
Not completely, but it still has it's community in place for events and other such things. People expecting a fairly recent game to somehow overtake/seemingly compete with 10+ year old established games is a bit silly.
>>
>>46828932
>I really like the game design behind it
What about it do you even like?
>>
I have been really getting into this for the last 3-4 months and I find it a lot of fun. I started out with a Cain regalia deck but now im playing green machines and i absolutely love it.
Machina
4 Elvish Priest
4 moonbreeze elf
4 gretel
4 wall of wind
4 clockwork soldiers
4 mechanical sprite
4 magic screw
1 power supply team
3 dark machina
3 marybell, the resonator
2 marybell, the regalia
1 sacred horn of magic beast
2 march of the machine lord

Im still working on the sideboard but so far its something like:
4 wind secluded refuge
2 marybell, regalia
4 deathscythe
4 robe of the fire rat

The deck is a blast to play and I usually go 3-1 with it
>>
>>46833215
>Cain regalia deck
What did you have in that one?
>>
>>46833444
I was just starting out and some nice folks at my FLGS gave me what I needed to start a deck, then I filled it out a little more. I have taken it apart since but ill try to remember what i had
Cain
4 marybell
4 laevateinn
4 excalibur
4 artemis
4 gleipnir
4 horn of sacred beasts
4 deathscythe
4 perceval
4 queen's butler
4 hunter in black forest
>>
>>46827200
Got any other cheesecake cards to show off, OP?
>>
>>46829172
It seems you're in every thread, even the non-Wixoss ones.
>>46827200
Can you link me to a rules explanation for FoW? I'm curious to see how it plays.
>>
>>46833527
There's no other promo cards that are like Zero, there's a Knight of the Round with swim trunks and a surf board, but that's about it.
>>
>>46833570
>Can you link me to a rules explanation for FoW? I'm curious to see how it plays.
http://force-of-will-tcg.wikia.com/wiki/How_to_Play
>>
>>46833608
So what's the deal with "Valhalla Rules"? Are they normal or no?
>>
>>46833643
No, ignore them. If you're in the US you'll probably never even lay eyes on a Valhalla card.
>>
>>46833653
Aus
>>
I think this may be one of the problems with how FoW comes off asides the weeb aesthetic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPJLCF5BOYo
>>
>>46833643
>>46833653
Anything from the Valhalla cluster is generally not allowed in most tournaments, not will you really every find anything from them in Local Shops.
>>
>>46832522
Because BfA has been shit so far. Wait for them to release all the OP shit. Also there will apparently be an RR killer which could end up just being an even more broken ruler.

Honestly though I hope they slow the game down although I liked it at modern level instead of standard.
>>
>>46827200
Where is this card from? Is it even real?
>>
>>46835084
>Because BfA has been shit so far
How so?

>>46835205
Yes, it's a Summer Promo card for the new set releasing in June.
>>
>>46829652

I thought it was actually doing okay in Japan. Nothing spectacular, but at least staying afloat better.
>>
What are card prices like in this game? Getting kinda fed up with MTGs secondary market bullshit.
>>
>>46836458
Not really that bad unless it's a full art or some other type of promo. Even the more pricey cards like Cheshire Cat you can basically figure out ways to do its same function with a cheaper card. There's only a few including the cat that are that expensive.
>>
>>46835268
The stuff spoiled so far has been pretty weak. The Memoria in particular are overcosted. 3 will to gain 100 life? 4 will to do 100 damage?
>>
>>46836591

Like what would a moderately competitive deck run you for?

And how impactful would you draw luck is in winning the game? For example are there several games where a player gets the equivalent of mana screwed or hosed?
>>
>>46836458
Super cheap if you build mainly within Alice Cluster. You can get non-foil versions of even the highest rarity non-ruler cards, which are usually cheap as fuck. FoW is easily the cheapest game to build a competitive deck in.
>>
>>46836679
You can't get mana screwed/flooded. Think of it like this. Take all the lands out of your Magic deck and make them their own deck. That is how FoW works. You can only call of stone (land) a turn unless you have ramp cards. So if your curve is right it's never a problem.
>>
>>46836633
I don't expect much of anything big to be revealed yet. Anyways, this set's purpose is really just to hard counter some existing sets, so I can't imagine it'll be too crazy to begin with.

>>46836679
>Like what would a moderately competitive deck run you for?
I think I spent around 25-40 bucks building a deck, but that's because I didn't like the newer version of a card's art because I'm a picky fuck.

>draw luck
I've really never felt that bad playing FoW than I did with Magic when it comes to that. Mana being something separate has helped me like this game quite a bit when I started following it, and there's so much you can do to build a deck around options that you still feel like you can do things even when the draw hasn't been all too amazing.
>>
>>46836727
>>46836740

That's promising. So many FNM matches lately have had one player just drawing a card, sighing heavily and grumbling "Pass".
>>
>>46836960
I can't lie and say that it won't happen in FoW, but it's not happened to me nearly as much as it did with Magic. Like I said above, the mana/will stones being a separate deck is such a nice little change from MTG.
>>
Why can't Pricia get a break?
>>
>>46837170

Some draw luck is always to be expected.

What size sleeves does it use? Would my Dragon Shields fit them?
>>
>>46837361
Standard size.
They're also a lot more durable using nippon paper folded 1000 times. You don't need to double sleeve foils which is nice.
>>
>>46837305
Why else would you have a cheery-type girl if you aren't going to bully her?
>>
>>46836591
What's the reprint policy and all?
Japanese TCGs usually start out cheap and then go full retard with extreme powercreep and fluctiations.
>>
File: 456=-85.jpg (275 KB, 958x670) Image search: [Google]
456=-85.jpg
275 KB, 958x670
>>46837480
They seem to reprint cards all the time. Taking them from older sets/decks and put them into newer ones with new art or some such. Take Lancelot for example.
>>
>>46837573
How did Lancelot suddenly grow tiddies?
>>
>>46837887

I'm not sure, but I can't say I liked the newer version they released with him. Mordred basically stayed the same with his reprint, but for some reason they needed to change Lancelot.

It's why I also bought the older versions as well.
>>
What is the smallest value used for Life, Attack and Defense? 100 or 50?

Pointless zeroes are a pet peeve of mine.
>>
>>46837970

Usually goes by 100's and such.

Japan loves big numbers if you couldn't tell by now. But it really doesn't impact much.
>>
>>46838005

I just remember Marvel vs Capcom 2 and the scores you could get in that.

Well I'll be going to the store to check for any intro packs in an hour or so.
>>
>>46838352

There's also new Starter Decks/Sets coming out in September-ish for FoWE, but you can still find the 5 starter decks that've been around for a bit given the shop that has them actually holds events for/sells the game in the first place.

But that's another issue of a shop not wanting to interject another game into their weekly "Seven days of nothing bu MTG tournaments". It's just a never ending stream of MTG, Yugioh,Pokemon, and sometimes Vanguard.
>>
>>46827226
>>46827200
that ass is too big
>>
File: assman.png (213 KB, 600x393) Image search: [Google]
assman.png
213 KB, 600x393
>>46839058
U fukin wot
>>
>>46839495
it looks like her upper and lower torso belong to different people.
>>
>>46839526
A L L T H E B L A C K W I T H O U T T H E F L A C K
>>
File: 54=-027.jpg (272 KB, 557x777) Image search: [Google]
54=-027.jpg
272 KB, 557x777
>>46839526

She hides it well.
>>
What card pages do you guys recommend for storing multiple cards in the same spot in a binder?
>>
What ruler should I consider using for a R/W Knights of the Round deck, Blazer?
>>
>>46837887
Flavor text something something variations in the summoning.
No, seriously, the flavor text on the cards mentions that Lancelot manifests differently depending on the summoner. It's even translated differently on the different printings.
>>
>>46827200
Boy, she really does enjoy flashing
>>
>>46837573
So far they haven't reprinted anything from an actual card set in another set, they've reprinted things in or from sealed product (Vingolf and Melgis vs Faria duel decks), but that's about it.
>>
>>46842857
Isn't that about the same thing? Even if the art has changed, if they pop them out in normal boosters compare to sealed sets, doesn't that basically mean the same thing?
>>
File: IMG-20160419-WA0013.jpg (187 KB, 557x777) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20160419-WA0013.jpg
187 KB, 557x777
I'm amazed by the popularity that fow have here in Italy, Especially in my zone. Magic is not that played ( apart for a group if 40y old ) but fow, oh boy, it's everywhere
>>
>>46842983
I suppose I should have also specified that all the sealed product reprints have been within the same block as the original printing. We won't really know until after September when stuff from the new block starts dropping, but so far we've seen no evidence that they intend to reprint anything outside it's original block.
>>
>>46843220
I mean, looking through the cards on some of the TCG sites, there's actually a decent amount that are on their second printing as well.

And really, they could've just let cards like Mordred, Guinevere, and Lancelot just sit in the Melgis/Faria bit. But they wanted to reprint them/alter them to fix some of the text issues and such, so they ended up reprinting them.
>>
>>46836274
Hardly. The game have practically zero presence in nip stores and online retailers/single sellers. Even shitty games such as zillions and ange vierge fare better than fow.
>>
>>46843220
Despite just dropping 20 dollars on a playset of blasting waves, I really hope they don't get reprinted. The dual lands just enable 5 color faggotry because they have flat out zero drawbacks.
>>
I am put off by how this game is literally a copy of Magic, with a few changes. Even Dominion ---> Tanto Cuore was more different.
>>
Hey so what exactly is Force of Will? I keep seeing it at my local card shop but I'm not really sure what's up with it? Any of you guys have like a quick primer?
>>
>>46843451
It's weeb MTG with titty monsters, lolis, and a sprinkling of manly men.

Hell, the first picture of this thread should be enough to notice that. If you've played MTG, then you'd have no issue picking this game up.
>>
>>46843588
Ah okay, I figured it was an anime titty cardgame but the specifics weren't really clear. Thanks man.
>>
>>46843399
Split Heaven and Earth
>>
>>46843588
Which compared to the Valhalla block is really something.
>>
>>46843709
But I loved life break.

LOVED IT
>>
>>46843770
I meant the art.
>>
>>46843805
Most of it is pretty inline with the early stuff though.
>>
>>46838569

Went to my one store, owner gave me a demo kit for free if I can figure out how to teach other players.

I then went to another store and grabbed a Fire Intro Pack and two boosters of Moonlit Savior. Are the three Norn cards any good? Skuld from Oh My Goddess had been my waifu for a long time.
>>
File: Horn_of_Sacred_Beasts.jpg (116 KB, 480x670) Image search: [Google]
Horn_of_Sacred_Beasts.jpg
116 KB, 480x670
>>46838569
I actually got pressured into buying a Pricia starter deck because the shop owner really wants it to take off. I haven't gone to a tournament yet but I've been told that it's pretty fun and has a growing playerbase.

Speaking of Pricia, is there any way to make the 4 sacred beasts viable at all?
>>
>>46844859
Can't say I've used them in a deck, but that's because I like building ones that don't really seem to work well in general.

>>46845054
>Speaking of Pricia, is there any way to make the 4 sacred beasts viable at all?
That deck really isn't that bad. Arla and the Pricia deck are my favorites from the starter decks, mainly because they don't need too much work from them to make them viable. Hell, I just threw in another Behemoth and some more buff/builder cards and was doing fairly decent with that one. Arla just needs quick ramp to make it effective, so there's a few things you can do to help solve that.
>>
>>46827200
How hard is this promo card going to be to get?
>>
>>46845054

I'd go with a mostly Fire/Wind shell. Maybe have one or two copies of the tiger and the turtle for her God's Art/The Flying and Target Attack when she flips. Round out the rest of your creature base with a couple other beasts perhaps. With a smattering of burn and countermagic, a recurring 1000/1000 Swift can get hard to deal with even without the other abilities.
>>
Is there a way to play online, akin to Webxoss, for FoW?
>>
>>46850174
Untap.in
>>
>>46835084 there will apparently be an RR killer
Yeah that's what they said about Primogenitor and he turned out to be a shit ruler that still got run over by R&R

If you want to stop R&R print the incredible rulers from Valhalla, like Ushuah, Oathkeeper of the Sacred Sea, or Garmheld.

Unless they straight up ban R&R, they aren't gonna beat it.
>>
>>46851185
The problem is that to kill R/R, you would either need an absurdly strong ruler or something that is custom made to kill it. In the case of the first, then what kills the new ruler? In the case of the second, the R/R could just sideboard his R/R out for a different ruler after G1.
>>
>>46851336
>then what kills the new ruler?
Maybe hard counter to R/R, but has shortcomings elsewhere?
>>
How big is the FoW scene in your area?
>>
>>46851336
Well Primo pretty much killed Regalia decks, so something like him, but that increased the cost of activated abilities of Rulers would work well.
>>
We had a little local tournament last night and im gonna post about it whether you like it or not!
I played my machine deck that I posted earlier in the thread.
First game was against Sylvia G/R aggro.
I won the dice roll and was able to just race him in game 1 and beat him.
Then for game 2 I sided in some robes of the fire rat but he still managed to get there because I waited too long to play it and underestimated Sylvia's burst damage (like a damn fool). But game 3 I was able to stabilize after a rocky start thanks to the robe.
It turns out sideboarding is really important and this was the first time I really ever did it.
Next game was against Primo Regalia. I had played against this deck before and its pretty nasty. J-activating turn 2 or 3 and swinging in for 2000 flying nasty. He won the roll off but I was able to beat him game 1 by overwhelming him with little robots with screws. Then game 2 he just trounced me. Game 3 was suuuuper close. He had just swung at me for 22 and I was dead in another turn. But I J-activated to drop 2 marybells and a power supply team, then put a screw on marybell and was able to just pierce through his little blockers to do exactly the 25 damage I needed to kill him.
Then my last game (we only did 3 rounds instead of 4 because we only had 8 people because a few were driving to the tourney this weekend) was against kaguya 3.0, which my deck historically has lots of trouble against. He won the roll off but I managed to win thanks to wall of winding his izanagi on turn 6. Then in game 2 he was able to beat me when we went to time. Im pretty sure i wouldve beaten him in the last game because I was going first but we just ended up splitting the packs and I pulled a full art kaguya and a full art lucifer. It was a ton of fun!!! I always have a blast playing in my FLGSs friday night tourneys. Do any of you play regularly in game nights hosted at your game stores? I would love to hear stories/decklists/anything
>>
>>46856131
What are you running in that machine deck?
>>
>>46856166
4 Elvish Priest
4 moonbreeze elf
4 gretel
4 wall of wind
4 clockwork soldiers
4 mechanical sprite
4 magic screw
1 power supply team
3 dark machina
3 marybell, the resonator
2 marybell, the regalia
1 sacred horn of magic beast
2 march of the machine lord
>>
>>46856131
>>46856645
What is your general strategy with this deck?
>>
Dead thread

Dead game
Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.