[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tried and True Adventures
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6
File: Sharn By Night.jpg (103 KB, 400x476) Image search: [Google]
Sharn By Night.jpg
103 KB, 400x476
Ok, /tg/, we all know there are some adventures or plots or whatever you call them that have been around since forever. Thing is, I haven't gotten to do any of them.

ITT we list/discuss classic adventures premises.
>A town is in the path of an Orc warband.
>A vampire has a town under its control.
>A something has kidnapped the princess.
>>
File: orc-baby.jpg (204 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
orc-baby.jpg
204 KB, 800x600
>the Paladin encounters an orc baby
>>
The local/regional/national ruler is actually evil and corrupt.
An ancient evil has awoken.
>>
File: Pun Intended.jpg (19 KB, 254x194) Image search: [Google]
Pun Intended.jpg
19 KB, 254x194
>>46803372
I said adventures, not one-shots.
>>
>>46803290
>X location was once guarded by Y. Y is rumored long dead, help A claim B which is in Y for wealth.
>>
>>46803290
>Refugees need protection as they flee a warzone.
>Miners find an ancient tomb full of skeletons and shit.
>A Dragon is hungry, or demands a tithe the locals cannot afford.
>A witch has cursed the village.
>Dwarf/Elf animosity is simmering to a boil, threatening to start a war.
>The Prince has run off on an "adventure" and gotten into trouble.
>The King wants to estabish a new settlement.
>Pirates are getting bolder, and are pillaging previously untouch towns
>Something's happening in the forests, and the Druids need help
>Hauntings lead to needing to solve a murder
>Mages need adventurers to bring them exotic components, Giant Ballsacks or something
>>
Weird how /tg/ constantly bitches about hackneyed adventures, but here's a thread for that exact thing and it's dead.
>>
File: image.jpg (96 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
96 KB, 960x640
>>46803290
Not op here
Bump
Also, you can never go wrong with the old out-of-nowhere murder mystery
Pic unrelated
>>
>>46804523
too cliche.
>>
File: image.jpg (57 KB, 397x609) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57 KB, 397x609
>>46808201
...that's the point.
>>
>>46808201
Seriously, I don't care if it's cliche. Shit gets cliche because it's been over done. I haven't gotten to do any of it. I have a DM who isn't sure what they want to do, but they don't want to do a long narrative, just a string of small adventures. I've been encouraged to suggest stuff, and this seems like a great opportunity to try out some of the old cliches.
>>
>>46808547
One last bump before I let the thread die.
>>
>>46803290
>An orc warband is recovering from injuries after a great battle, but unfortunately the mobile town of Panzerburg is coming their way.
>A town has enslaved a vampire to use his regenerating blood and fangs as a basis for magical component based economy.
>The princess is a serial kidnapper and killer. She disappears when she goes too far and kidnaps some thing.
>>
>>46803473
The good and just king is forced to rule over a nation of always chaotic evil creatures.

An ancient evil goes to sleep, chaos ensues from good and neutral aligned creatures filling the power vacuum.
>>
>>46803290
>the one ring has been discovered
>>
dead cat bump
>>
File: 1458313922856.jpg (129 KB, 720x926) Image search: [Google]
1458313922856.jpg
129 KB, 720x926
>>46803473
>The tavern cellar is infested with giant rats. Kill all of them.
>>
>>46812030
The rat warrens are infested by hipsters setting up cereal bars and gentrifying the working class neighbourhood
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.