[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>the BBEG, a man of his word, offers to make you rich beyond
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (89 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
89 KB, 1280x720
>the BBEG, a man of his word, offers to make you rich beyond your wildest dreams
>all you have to do is betray your party in the final encounter

What would you do, /tg/?
>>
My current character is LE, but loyal to his allies. He considers them good friends. Hell he met his wife because of one of them.
>>
>>46796680
Say no, obviously. Material wealth is pretty low on my character's list of priorities.
>>
>>46796680
Nah. If we kill him, his riches will be ours anyway.
>>
>>46796680
Current character? Politely tell him no thanks, and then kick his arse. Paladins rock.

Me myself? Long elaborate scheme involving pretentding to betray the party to get the upperhand on the villain and take him out with minimal effort. Or I just shoot him, whichever is gonna work better.
>>
Any of my characters who're not lawful would do it, because the other people I play with are fucking ass holes at the table. My lawful characters tend to end up murdered unless I can entertain them. I wish chaotic alignment didn't fucking exist.
>>
>>46796680
>tfw my character is the only one who has taken a vow of poverty

Poor shekelmonger, you choose the wrong nigga.
>>
My party is filled with lawful stupid faggots anyway, why the fuck not
>>
My party was already expecting me to betray them.

Does this mean I *shouldn't* betray them?

I want that money.
>>
>>46796680
>Expecting the BBEG to keep his promise

NOT TODAY, GOLDSTEIN
>>
>>46796680
Well, considering the Sorceress literally owns my soul after she bought it back from that devil, I'm afraid I can't do that.
>>
> rich beyond your wildest dreams

I have some pretty wild dreams, so I'd want to see evidence that the BBEG is even *able* to follow through on that, let alone *willing* to follow through.
>>
It depends. Without any attachment to the party, he'd betray the party with only minimal guilt, if they pissed him off, he'd do it gleefully, but if he liked them, he'd hesitate when asked, but ultimately turn down the offer, and feel good about himself, a rare feeling for his low self-esteemed ass.

If we were in DnD land, what alignment would this character have?
>>
>>46797350
Neutral or Evil, couldn't see a good character doing this
>>
>>46797407
I figured that, but I was more curious on the first half, the Lawful, Neutral, Chaotic parts. I assume he'd be either Neutral or Chaotic, but I'm not sure the exact differences between the two.
>>
>>46796727
Yeah, this is my thinking. Just take his credit card off his corpse and buy shit online to his secret lair which we now own by merit of nekking
>>
>>46796680
Money is easy to acquire, especially when you take the riches of those you slay.
>>
>>46796680
Pssh, once you're dead I'll have ALL of your shit.
>>
>>46796680
Ask how he's going to do it.

Then steal his identity and do whatever would get me the money anyway after he's dead.
>>
For money or power, no.

If the BBEG was attractive though and offering sex/an evil relationship, I'd betray the party a hundred times over in a heartbeat.
>>
Agree but only if he gives half up front, then I split the money with the rest of the party and go ahead and kill the bad guy as normal.
>>
>>46796680
I'm a filthy barbarian what do I care about money
>>
>>46796680
Do it, because similar things have happened in the game already and nobody would care out of game. They might even enjoy it from a storytelling perspective. This game has been a sort of "get all the backstabbing and shittery out of your system" type game since session 2, and we've all loved. It is ironically our longest running game ever, closing in on two years of playing once a week now.
>>
File: Senechal 1.jpg (65 KB, 338x834) Image search: [Google]
Senechal 1.jpg
65 KB, 338x834
"You wish to bribe me? how cute. Unfortunately, not only do i have a very respectable amount of personal wealth, i'm also the primary accountant and manager for a financial empire whose net worth is almost literally beyond counting, and which owns entire worlds. Do you have an idea how much money i can transfer to my own goals every day, without any soul even suspecting anything? Enough to make any imperial governor green with envy. And it's not just the money either. This job brings me new contacts in hing places, ancient and esoteric technologies, and access to even more exotic resources.

So, that is the current offer for my loyalty. Do you want to propose a counter offer, or should we just skip the charade and get on with the bloody parts?"
>>
>>46796680
Murder him in cold blood on the spot because he was dumb enough to get in close enough proximity to me to ask me to betray the party.
>>
>>46800504
It seems to me just as likely that this sort of deal would be made through a messenger or perhaps some kind of mystical or technological long-distance communication.
>>
>>46796680

I want to become the BBEG's Wife and rule by his sideand take half his property in the prenup
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.