[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So their making a dark souls board game. Actually looks pretty
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
So their making a dark souls board game. Actually looks pretty cool and could be fun with some mates. It's a shame other video game series don't release board game versions, I would love a bioshock or fallout board game.

What do you think?
>>
I'm disappointed that they went for a generic dungeon crawler, but I kinda love the minis.
>>
>>46795250

>It's a shame other video game series don't release board game versions, I would love a bioshock or fallout board game.

Halo just released a 15mm wargame with some great minis. Spartan Games is handling it, so the rules will be pretty decent. They've also already got a fleet game out as well.
>>
>>46795250
Me and a friend both want a copy, so I'm thinking of scraping together the extra $58 now, giving it all to my LGS in advance, and making a deal with them for 4 copies. (using their vendor licence)
>>
>>46795250
there is a bioshock inifinite board game. In general though video game IPs in board games are just cash grabs and almost never better than those made with original IP. There have been several pretty good board games with book IPs and a couple ones based on TV and movies that aren't complete trash.

But again if it was a good board game on its own they wouldn't have paid all the money for IP licensing in order to sell it
>>
>>46798115
that's on top of the fact that they're going to have major production issues. This company has published only one other no-name title and even with very little interest it had big delays, little to no communication with backers, and didn't deliver on some pledge levels
>>
>>46798191
and they "hid" those problems by starting a new kickstarter account, so the old one doesn't show up
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1248312770/guild-ball-a-tabletop-medieval-football-game/comments
>>
>>46798280
Well shit. Glad I havent pledged yet. That sucks though, I was looking forward to this.
>>
>>46798115

There are a few great vidya board games. The XCOM board game is great, as is the Doom boardgame, if you can find a copy of it these days.
>>
>>46798423
Granted, you don't have to take a chance on it. If they don't shit the bed they'll keep selling it after the kickstarter.
>>
>>46798500
>The XCOM board game is great
It's fun for first couple games because the concept feels new, but once you learn what's what it becomes 90% easymode boring and 10% getting crewed by RNGesus a slightest chance.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.