[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What system would you use for a game of teenage misfits with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3
What system would you use for a game of teenage misfits with lots of fist fighting, inter-clique conflicts, school popularity contests and big old pranks?
>>
>>46789062

Gorkamorka
>>
I would never, ever run such a game because it sounds like complete and utter shit.
>>
>>46789073

ok
>>
>>46789069
FPBP
>>
Probably something intentionally inappropriate. The idea of using DnD for something like that and recapping on what actually happened when you slayed the dragon could be kind of fun.

Like imagine the PC's have to fight a medusa. If they lose the school slut tricks them into getting their pants down just in time for the cool kids to laugh at them. If they win they tell her she smeared her lipstick sucking someone's dick and she actually checks causing everyone to laugh at her. Basically I'd just treat an inappropriate RPG choice as a minigame, and just handwave anything that isn't a major contest between characters. This is of course because I would have no fucking interest playing a game as a highschooler

Otherwise I dunno many games geared towards that sort of thing. I think there's one called Monster Hearts, but that's more about twilight sort of stuff
>>
>>46789126
>being this assblasted
>>
>>46789062
World of Darkness: Innocents

Worked for me since most of my WoD was build up before the big shit so my players spent their time spreading rumors and fist fighting.
>>
>>46789062
Hellcats & Hockeysticks would be a good one.
>>
>>46789522

Nice. Thanks for the suggestion, although the book says it's for characters aged up to 12 years old, and I'm looking for characters more into their mid to late teens.

>>46789530

Wow, this sounds almost exactly what I was looking for, but with less fighting and entirely focused on girls.

Are there any systems out there with solid street fighting rules? I heard GURPS has a solid melee rule system, but I've never looked into it. Maybe I could cannibalize a good fighting system and integrate it with some parets of Hellcats & Hockeysticks to make homebrew system.
>>
>>46789062
Innocents for Chronacle of Darkness.

You just have to take away the Horror part of the system.
>>
There is Panty Explosion Perfect that is pretty much what you need.

Otherwise Unnown armies because everything is better with unknown armies.
>>
I'm pretty sure this is the entire idea behind Monsterhearts (provided you also want supernatural elements)
>>
>>46791808

i thought monsterhearts was a buffy simulator?
>>
>>46789062
For a one-shot Fiasco probably
>>
>>46791843
As well as a Twilight simulator. Either you use it as a Buffysimulator, you use it for things it was never intended for or you play it as a Twilight with your straight female friends in the hopes that at least one of them will put out. Beware, though....if you try the third option and don't get laid, there's a 92% chance you'll have to forfeit your man card for 4-8 months.
>>
>>46791843
>>46791914
It's a teenage bullshit simulator where the teens have magical powers. I played a game of it once, fun was had, the cast was:
>a vampire who's really good at insulting people
>a video game nerd monster hunter with an armory containing any weapon you could care to mention
>the ghost of a german teenager who was killed by soviet soldiers during WW2
>an otaku witch
>a fae who didn't do much (player's first time in an rpg)
>>
>>46789062
Maid, probably.
>>
>>46792164

Definitely sounds like a fun campaign. My group as a whole really enjoys PbtA (mostly Dungeon World), but sadly a Monsterhearts game isn't something I could possibly get them to agree to.
>>
>>46789062
I actually put together some fudge rules for just such a game, a very long time ago. Never got the chance to test it out, though.
>>
File: 2841556671_6bd6b6d4d5_o.jpg (293 KB, 966x1256) Image search: [Google]
2841556671_6bd6b6d4d5_o.jpg
293 KB, 966x1256
Erol Otus provides, you stupid cunts.
>>
>>46792350
I got mine to agree to it by promising it would be in no way taken seriously, there might still be a way to pitch it to them that they like the idea of.
>>
>>46792734
Look at the size of the dick on the D&D kid.
>>
>>46789062
GURPS would actually work really well, it even has skills that would pertain to passing classes like mathematics and writing.
>>
>>46792734
Jesus Christ that fucking art.
>>
>>46789126
Don't act like a retard unless you are one.
>>
>>46793756
you're in the wrong thread, senpai, but I got you
>>46787679
>>
GURPS
>>
>>46789062
Not meming, GURPS, follow social engineering guidelines and u will get a profound social ambient with lots of inner relatios Also best fistfighing support ever
>>
>>46789062
Traveller.

Not the setting, of course, but the system.
>>
GURPS Social Engineering
>>
Hellcats & Hockeysticks
>>
The Smallville Role playing game.

Just remove all the superhero stuff and you are there.
>>
>>46789062
Gonna go with monster hearts or fiasco as both will let you amplify the teenage mellowdrama to 11
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.