[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>I'm not Chaotic Evil, I'm Chaotic Neutral! You
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 185
Thread images: 28
File: 052.png (174 KB, 265x258) Image search: [Google]
052.png
174 KB, 265x258
>I'm not Chaotic Evil, I'm Chaotic Neutral! You can't change my alignment for doing [Evil act]!
>>
>>46783693
Morality is subjective.
>>
File: 1460603630674.png (57 KB, 276x256) Image search: [Google]
1460603630674.png
57 KB, 276x256
>the DM won't let you be Neutral/Lawful Evil because he's afraid you'll kill too much
>the LG paladin slaughtering 10 chaotic good tribesmen is just fine

But what I mean to say is, alignments are dumb dumbs
>>
>>46783693
t.
>>
File: 1451931315550.jpg (77 KB, 687x535) Image search: [Google]
1451931315550.jpg
77 KB, 687x535
>"I stab the shopkeeper and shit on his corpse"
>um, why?
>"because I'm Evil"
>>
>>46783693
>I'm just being a horrible player!
>You can't kick me out just for acting like an obnoxious cunt!
>>
>>46783693
>I'm not Chaotic Evil, I'm Chaotic Neutral! You can't change my alignment for doing [Evil act]!

What was the evil act? Some acts are more evil than others. Kicking a harmless puppy is evil but it's not really on the same scale as poisoning a city's water well.
>>
File: 1459464510447.png (87 KB, 197x300) Image search: [Google]
1459464510447.png
87 KB, 197x300
>>46783936
Moral subjectivity.
See Pic related
>>
>>46784760
N'T.
>>
>>46783936
Only if you're a shitty person
>>
>>46783936
Alignments aren't
>>
>>46784918
That phrase is subjective.
>>
>>46784624
>D&D

99% chance it involved murder.
>>
DUNJIN MASSAS
>>
>>46785036
NO MASSA! PUHLEEZ! I'LL BE A GOOD PLAYA, I PROMISE!
>>
File: image.jpg (25 KB, 154x200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25 KB, 154x200
>>46783693
I changed it thirty-five minutes ago.
>>
File: Are you trying to flirt.jpg (11 KB, 203x174) Image search: [Google]
Are you trying to flirt.jpg
11 KB, 203x174
>>46784586

This.

>"I stab the shopkeeper and shit on his corpse!"
>"Cool. You can leave now."
>"But it was my alignment!"
>"Well at the next table you infest, you can remember to make a character who's alignment doesn't turn him into a ICP caricature"
>>
>>46784555
>>46785248
Did someone in your group do this with a straight face?
>>
File: Evil laugh.png (48 KB, 307x351) Image search: [Google]
Evil laugh.png
48 KB, 307x351
>>46785291
I used to DM for Adventurer's League/Organized Public Play

Every other fucking week, if it wasn't the regulars doing autistic as fuck things, it was some rando.

Such instances as
>Murderhobo girl who ditched her boyfriend at the game because I told her PvP was off limits
>Creepy guy who flirted with every female in the most awkward way, some of them boardering on assault with magic, such as casting light on a Elven woman he just met to call her "Rudolph".
>Literally the same guy who dragged the game to a hault in Curse of Strahd hiding in the mists with his Wild-Elf ability for literally no reason other than he wanted to show off he could do it
>His 12 year-old son who made a charlatan warlock, and spent almost an hour his at-will disguise-self ability to provoke other players to attack him for lord knows what reason
>The same 12 year-old who literally ruined an entire campaign because he kept aggressively telling the targets they were supposed to be watching incognito that they were watching them
>The 14 year-old I had to kick out literally 2 hours after he showed up due to aggressive-passive behavior.
You read that right. Not passive-aggressive, but aggressive-passive, which I didn't even think was possible
>That one giant manbaby who made DRASTIC assumptions about how the game worked that were constantly wrong and belittled people for not playing according to HIS specific metagame
>And yes, that one guy who randomly attacked a shopkeeper for not storing his favorite ale, by dragging him outside into the street and viciously and vividly describing how he curb stomps him in the literal sense.

I quit today, and I'm just trying to gather the good players into a private group. Fuck these other guys.
>>
>>46784624
no. kicking harmless puppies can in fact be the more "evil"of the two options. while poisoning the well can be lolsorandom evil, it can also be purposeful evil. maybe it was the fastest way to get the maguffin. maybeit'll lead to the creation of a stronger city. maybe you just needed to teach the uppity southerners about the consequences of unlawfully opening fire on federal troops

kicking puppy never serves a purpose
>>
>>46783693
>Alignments

In my game, I mostly do away with them. For stuff like "Smite Evil" or "Protection from Good", I ask the player what he expects the spell means on the first time he casts it. The spell then does that. For enemies, I go with what the enemy thinks the spell will do.

Yes that does mean it's possible for a character to be vulnerable to both Smite Good and Smite Evil for a sufficiently complex character and sufficiently differing ideas of Good and Evil. I don't give a fuck.

Whenever a rule doesn't work the way your players expect, there will be salt and drama. While some of it is inevitable and you just have to endure it, you can mitigate a LOT of it by just asking your players how they think the rule works and going with what they suggest.

>but anon, what if your players are RULES LAWYERS?
They seem to have fun with it. Gotta remind them though, that when we work out how the rule works, it doesn't change after that, so they can't argue one way in one situation and another way in another situation.
>No, I mean, wouldn't that result in the other players at the table who AREN'T rules lawyers having less fun?
Yes. But I am not in the business of segregating "good right fun" from "bad wrong fun". So long as the rules lawyer has fun sometimes, and the other players have fun sometimes, all is well
>>
>>46785527
FROM MY POINT OF VIEW THE JEDI ARE EVIL
>>
>>46785559
Let's assume, for the sake of your shitpost, that whatever we're playing both has alignments and jedi for some reason.

Then sure, smite them jedi.
>>
>>46784760
KANGZ
>>
>>46785559
>FROM MY POINT OF VIEW THE JEDI ARE EVIL
Shut up, Darth Childrapist. I'm sick of your shit.
>>
File: 0GRHaBj.jpg (114 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
0GRHaBj.jpg
114 KB, 640x960
>>46784760

KNIGHTZ
>>
>>46785628
No PvP in this campaign.

Why don't you just unrape children in return? If you perform more anti-rapes than Darth performs rapes, you've thwarted his plans.

I'll give you both xp for it.
>>
>>46784760
SUMADAT CRYSTAL GEMZ BOI
>>
File: 1460657448004.jpg (616 KB, 2448x1836) Image search: [Google]
1460657448004.jpg
616 KB, 2448x1836
Rule of cool and rule zero. Play what you want, don't break the rules of the table. You asked to join my game and accepted with terms. Follow the terms, or fuck off.
>>
>>46785720
I don't like rule of cool 'cause it's inconsistent and unpredictable.

Is there a way to make rule of cool less DM Fiat and more controllable on the players' end?
>>
>>46785581
I'm arguing that D&D's implicit setting has either objective (as set by DM) morality or a Greek-esque world of divine intervention.

Either way, good and evil are baked into D&D games in a way where player-defined morality makes no sense from a verisimilitude perspective.
>>
>>46785757
Then I changed it.
RIP the lore.
>>
>>46785751
>make rule of cool less DM Fiat and more controllable on the players' end?
By having a DM who mostly agrees with you on what's cool.
>>
>>46783693
>Yes, but this is the fifteenth orc child you've killed for "cooing menacingly".
>>
>>46785798
Bad system. Players that agree with the DM will inherently be favored over players that disagree with the DM.

What if there were a way for all players to have equal share in the definition of cool?
>>
>>46785441
I know it's the bait, but what's aggressive-passive? Threats and slapping except really blasé and half hearted?

>>46785654
what the fuck
>>
File: quest-party.jpg (215 KB, 1365x768) Image search: [Google]
quest-party.jpg
215 KB, 1365x768
>>46783693
>You are evil... and a whore

Always works.
>>
>>46785790
I bet you left everything else intact rather than consider the implications
>>
>>46785861
>Threats and slapping except really blasé and half hearted?
Exactly. The kid would constantly insult and complain directly about the other people at the table for whatever they did or didn't suit his favor, but he would do it in an "oh-so-fahnny" voice to make it seem like he was mostly joking.

It got super bad when he started suggesting I had personally wasted everyone's time because I didn't roleplay out him going to the store to buy items out of the Player's Handbook while I was trying to roleplay with the other 4 members at the table who were trying to plan their next move.
>>
>>46785838
>bad system
The whole point of rule of cool is that it's a way to override rules when they stand in the way of fun. There's not much more to it than that.
>>
>>46785441
>Creepy guy who flirted with every female in the most awkward way, some of them boardering on assault with magic,
Eh, such people are necessary. They weed out the "Badwrongfun he likes what I don't like ban him" normies.
>such as casting light on a Elven woman he just met to call her "Rudolph".
That's more lolrandum than flirty.

>The same 12 year-old who literally ruined an entire campaign
Yeah, some people aren't really fit for serious campaigns. But you should see about running a griefer/troll campaign. It's fun!

>That one giant manbaby who made DRASTIC assumptions about how the game worked that were constantly wrong and belittled people for not playing according to HIS specific metagame
Tell him about /tg/, he'll fit in well here.
>>
>>46785838
That's impossible in my group anon. We have a player who is quite literally named Coolguy Fenichi. His hippie parents were baked out of their fucking minds.
>>
>>46785917
>Yeah, some people aren't really fit for serious campaigns. But you should see about running a griefer/troll campaign. It's fun!
That's the sad part. It WAS the not-so-serious campaign.
>>
>>46785915
>The whole point of rule of cool is that it's a way to override rules when they stand in the way of fun. There's not much more to it than that.
The problem with this is that it's usually the DM that gets to define fun.
The players should be able to override rules for the sake of fun, too.

>>46785919
>We have a player who is quite literally named Coolguy Fenichi.
That's amazing!
Does he have a sister or niece who is physically attractive, and has made poor life decisions?
>>
File: movie roland.jpg (65 KB, 900x470) Image search: [Google]
movie roland.jpg
65 KB, 900x470
>>46784760

GUNSLINGERZ
>>
>>46785457
>the puppy will explode with a force equal to one hundred times that of the bomb dropped on hiroshima unless kicked hard enough to possibly fracture ribs and visibly be thrown across the street daily
>if you kill the dog the bomb goes off
>if you attempt to physically move or coerce the dog away from the city the bomb goes off
>common practice is for every person to kick the dog once a a day unless they can confirm from several witnesses that it has been kicked to the required standards within the last 12 hours
>>
>>46785936
How do you ruin the troll/grief/bullshit/LolKekxD campaign
How do you even do that
Such a campaign is built around the principle of the players being random fuckheads that do stupid shit for laughs.
I wanna see how the hell that happened because that's amazing, that you could somehow ruin the For the Lulz campaign.
>>
>>46785948
He does have a smoking hot sister named Jemstone(no fucking LIE, it's spelt like that) but as far as I know she's well on her way to becoming a Gynecologist.
>>
>>46785988
Excellent. I have a fetish for such types of complete personality fuckups.
>>
>>46785457
>maybe you just needed to teach the uppity southerners about the consequences of unlawfully opening fire on federal troops
fucking yanks get off my board

but seriously, you can't honestly say that the March to the Sea was a completely morally just act. Yeah, war is hell, whatever, it was still a shitty thing to do.
>>
>>46786011
You there.
Stop.

You're getting politics in our shitposting thread.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (31 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
31 KB, 1280x720
>>46785559
They're necessary evil.
>>
>>46786011
>>46786029
Moreover it's established many times over that in real life, "Good" means you won the war, and "Evil" means you lost.
>>
>>46786045
If I pulled them from power, would they die
>>
>>46785919
I always wondered how rare that was.
Knew a kid in school named Taco and everyone just assumed it was a nickname till we got this substitute who actually did role call and goes "Tak-O Johnson" and he just goes "its pronounced Taw Co ya fuck up!". So it turned out it was his actual fucking name and his parents chose it cause Taco John's was apparently a hilarious enough reference to make their kid suffer for the rest of his life.
>>
>>46786075
No, they get insane plot armor and blow up multiple death stars and defeat entire clone armies if they lose power.

If you pulled off their plot armor they'd die tho.
>>
>>46786091
Ouch, sounds painful
>>
>>46785988
>she's well on her way to becoming a Gynecologist
If you tell me where she lives then so am I.
>>
>>46786075
No. But it would be very painful for the galactic community.
>>
>>46785973
Oh, it's nothing special. In fact, that was the main problem.

In that campaign, I let them go as goofy as they wanted with the caveat that they play Goody-Twoshoes types. And we got some hilarious characters that were absolutely not serious whatsoever.

>Halfling Monk that fluffed out his monk-damage die as the fact that his hands were piranhas.
He was bit by a radioactive chimera wizard that turned his hands into piranhas. When the damage die leveled up, they changed into Wolf Heads. We still never decided if Chimera Wizard meant a Wizard with a Chimera focus, or if it was a Chimera who was also a wizard

>Twin half-elven bards who would actively metagame around me not knowing which one was which because I accidentally had two duplicate figurines in the player-box.
They named themselves after the supernatural characters.

>An autistic dragonborne that killed the party several times
This one was less fun, he was another that guy I had to kick for other reasons than his character actions.

I mean, that party line up was pretty hilarious. The 12 year-old though? His fault was he just wasn't as funny or clever, but one time in another store, he ruined a bad DM's campaign, and got highly rewarded for it. So he was trying to do it for this campaign cause it's what he knew

The story:
>NPC tells this rag-tag group of misfits to go undercover and follow this wagon-train up north to see where a cultist shipment is headed to
>Maintain stealth, and if possible, find out what they have/know
>12 year old, before the journey even starts, walks up to them and just says "Hey, I know you're cultists" and walks away.
>Would have been hand-waved off had it just been one time
>But he aggressively makes it a point that he does this at least 6 separate times before the journey starts
>Specific wagons try to sneak away in the night
>Get caught by party members keeping an eye on them
>Wind up killing the entire wagon
>Have NO leads, and miles away from destination
>>
>>46786087
Sometimes I wonder why we even have school for niggers. They don't give a shit and it doesn't teach them anything they will use.
>>
>>46785457
I feel you're reading too much into my hyperbole.

The point was that while two given actions can both be evil, they are not necessarily both on the same scale. Depending on the action, a single Evil act might not be enough to make me force a player to shift his or her character's alignment.
>>
>>46786134
Dude was white his parents were just shitty trailer trash who coped by being high 24/7. Hell he had dreds till 10th grade cause his parents refused to drop cash on a haircut.
>>
>>46786124
The DM failed to anticipate the full range of player actions.
In the bullshit/LolKek campaign.
A character being openly honest and forward, refusing to skulk or participate in stealth, is a trope of a goofy goody two-shoes.
That's a DM failure.
>>
>>46786175
Well shit, I was wrong.
Hahahaha some dumbass white trash is named "Taco", that's funny
>>
>>46786195
Nah. They were given clear instructions on how to act, and failed to do so. A goody-twoshoes would follow rules. But I'm not gonna get into semantics here.
>>
>>46786226
>A goody-twoshoes would follow rules.
Did you establish beforehand with your players that this is what you meant by goody-twoshoes?
>>
>running a game where falling into CN, LE, NE, and CE results in actual physical mutations
>finally able to get my players to get involved instead of fucking around
>>
>>46786029
It's not politics, dude was a war criminal and the most anyone outside of Georgia ever says is "yeah shit sucked but you know".

>>46786059
Simply because that's how most people look at it doesn't mean it makes any fucking sense.

>>46786114
For the Universe, you might say.
>>
>>46783936
in d&d morality isn't subjective
>>
>>46786265
Do your players like the campaign?
>>
>>46786257
My exact words were "The most LAWFUL GOOD GOODY-TWOSHOES YOU CAN MAKE. This adventure assumes that you are lawful-good to the extreme and playing otherwise will quickly wreck it."

So, yes.

Keep in mind, at no point was it good roleplaying, nor was I keeping details. This was literally the entire process word-for-word.

"I go up to the dragon cultists, I look at them, and say "I know you're dragon cultists" and walk away".

2 minutes later while others are still talking about how to join the wagon train

"I go up to them AGAIN, make sure they're looking at me, and say "I know you're dragon cultists" and then do the I'm watching you gesture"

That was it. That was the whole process. The other players were actively telling him out of game to shut up and stop it, but he did it 4 more times.

Honestly, the biggest fault of myself as the DM is not telling him "No" and retconning his idiocy out of the game.
>>
>>46786269
Was getting your limbs cut off against an opponent with the high ground part of your master plan?
>>
>>46786346
>My exact words were "The most LAWFUL GOOD GOODY-TWOSHOES YOU CAN MAKE. This adventure assumes that you are lawful-good to the extreme and playing otherwise will quickly wreck it."

A stealthy skulking stalker is not a lawful good behaviour.

A forthright and honest person, even to their enemies, is a lawful good behaviour.

The player played your request perfectly.
YOU are in the wrong here.
You should go apologise to that player.
Or at the very least, learn to communicate what you mean, and take some responsibility when your failure to describe what you want/expect causes conflict.
Don't blame other people for your lack of clarity.
>>
File: AD&D Alignment.png (139 KB, 528x261) Image search: [Google]
AD&D Alignment.png
139 KB, 528x261
>>46784919
They explicitly are.
>>
>>46786424
Nah, like I said, I'm not getting into semantics with you. Nice try though.
>>
>>46786538
It's not me you should care about, it's the other player that you screwed over 'cause you were incompetent and intolerant.
>>
>>46786577
I'm really not here to fill in the role of witch for your witch-hunt of "YOU were the That Guy all along, anon!" stories.

At the end of the day, the fact that the other 4 players at the table and myself all agreed that his actions were out of line make him the objective that guy of the table.

Your attempt is cute, but that's all there is to say on the subject.
>>
>>46785441
>12 year old son

These people breed?
>>
>>46786396
The 6 million body count actually is wrong though.
>>
>>46786276
We just started, and they like how it is so far. One of them picked up a knife that'll make them stronger because using it to kill someone sacrifices them to an outer god, and their reward is chaotic power and mutations. There'll also be a church that'll be able to absolve them of their sins, so long as they don't do them again.
>>
>>46786396
>There is no great conspiracy by bankers against the rest of humanity
Probably, if there was we really wouldn't know

>The news media outlets of today have no organised bias. While one company might force an agenda, they do not co-operate
Not to the extent /pol/ thinks, no, but there is a mild amount of semi-informal collusion

>The prevalence of certain race(s) in the above two groups are mere coincidence
Objectively false

>The holocaust actually happened
Yes

>and was an intentional attack on 6 million innocent jews
and about 6 million others (numbers might vary, the Nazis being autistic about keeping records is a myth and it's difficult to determine the exact death toll), but yes.

>for no rational reason beyond Hitler's lust for genocide
I can't think of a rational reason to cull millions of people, but I won't presume to know perfectly the motivations of a man in a different place and time. Don't misread that as "Hitler did nothing wrong", but Hitler wasn't even the most deadly socialist dictator within fifty years of WW2, the fact that the Holocaust is emphasized over other larger genocides is probably due to the prominence of Jews in the media. I don't blame them, I'd probably do the same.

>The differences between human races are mostly due to society enforcing its ideas and stereotypes and conscious bias
Probably. It's hard to test empirically.

>Women are capable of leading or handling responsibility
Some are, some aren't, just like men. Fewer women seem to WANT to lead, particularly in politics, and I think the reason for this is at least partially evolutionary.

>should be given as much freedom in their family or marital affairs as possible
Of course.

>Homosexuality and transsexuality are not mental illnesses
Fags, sure for the most part. Trannies, ehh...

>we should actively avoid hurting anyone's sensitive feelings, we should actively avoid hurting anyone's sensitive feelings and let them fag up the place
back 2 re ddit with your b8
>>
File: orc-baby.jpg (204 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
orc-baby.jpg
204 KB, 800x600
>>46785801
>That's a Good act!
>>
>>46786424
>A stealthy skulking stalker is not a lawful good behaviour.

Law/Neutrality/Chaos has more to do with social relationships and society as a whole rather than how straightforward or open you are in combat. And someone could hold the belief that a quick, painless, fearless death should be the primary way to take a life should you have to take a life. Just like how it's certainly the Good thing to do to take an animals life cleanly if you are hunting or slaughtering it. "Belaboring combat and having foes die a death of a thousand cuts is simply cruel to all participants--truly it is a high virtue to avoid strife and end conflict decisively and without cruelty when one can"

Typically stealth will be associated with non-LG things, as it's a convenient method for an opponent of Law and/or Good--a cutpurse, a highwayman, an assassin--to earn their names, but it always being considered poorly is a matter of perception rather than absolute truth.

It's not LG behavior or CN behavior or NE behavior, it's simply behavior.

But then again, it's actually up to your DM's interpretation over anybody else, but that's my take on it at least.
>>
>but it's what my character would do!
>>
>>46783939
>Superhero game. System has no alignment grid, but I say that I want straightforward heroism
>"Hey can I be a Chaotic Neutral anarchist?"
>>
>>46785838
If you completely disagree with the GM AND the rest of the players on what is cool, then this group is not for you.

>group A: the GM and 3 players engage in dramatic tales of knights and heroism
>fourth player is a rogue and just wants to shank shit and steal loot

>group B: the DM and 3 players engage in gleeful murderhobory
>fourth player is a paladin who is constantly trying to make them behave like heroes

>neither of the groups are playing the conflicts as well-written contrasts, they are nothing more than annoyance

Whether or not RoC rules are in effect, both of the fourth players would be having much more fun if they switch to the other group.

If the groups invert my fifth greentext, then the rule of cool WILL function because the GM considers the contrast legitimate and cool.
>>
>>46784966
spare us your 3 week community college course on ethics that you failed to complete.
>>
>>46785897
>That moment when you realise Nathan Rice looks absolutely fabulous when his baldness is hidden under a wig
>>
>>46783693
Alignement shouldn't be used by player characters. It should just be an aid for the GM so he can quickly tell if the NPC's are assholes or not.
>>
>>46787763
At least he went to community college.

Now if you excuse me I have some dead relatives to eat, because that is moral to a Papuan highlander.
>>
I would imagine D&D alignments work best when they are played as flavor and abilities to DM to control rather than left for players to interpret which ever fucked up way they want. That way you can minimize disturbances and dickery.

For example: if a player wants to poison the well, you better be rolling for it as chaotic evil

That's just my two cents, I don't play a lot...
>>
>>46784555

What are you, some kind of filthy kufar?
You do not (pbuh) Allah(swt)!.
It's like blessing God.

By Isa, you Swedes have much to learn.
>>
>>46783693
>I'm not Chaotic Evil, I'm Chaotic Neutral!

...and then Grandfather Coyote sneaks up behind him and bites him on the ass.
>>
File: 1459823393318.png (182 KB, 999x799) Image search: [Google]
1459823393318.png
182 KB, 999x799
>>46783693
>>
>>46785971
that would be a wonderful curse to place upon a city
>>
>>46783693
The solution in this situation is to let your DM change your alignment, and continue playing your character how you've been playing them. If your character truly acts sporadically on whim, you'll inevitably perform acts that could be considered "good" by the standards of D&D alignments, which should revert your alignment to neutral, if the DM isn't a total ponce.
>>
>>46790750
Where does "aight" fall on this?
>>
>tfw playing CN because it best fits how my character mechanically works
>party is going to be suspicious of me from the get go
>>
File: sherman2.jpg (154 KB, 934x809) Image search: [Google]
sherman2.jpg
154 KB, 934x809
>>46786269
>>
>>46791679
Damn, dude. I'm barely even from the South (Texas), but that cuts fairly deep for something that happened 150 years ago to people I've never met. As in, I'm not offended or triggered but I'm still not gonna save the image despite it being fairly funny objectively. I've certainly laughed about worse, more recent deeds tho, so I can't condemn too much.

But if I was from the actual South I'd probably be trying to create an army of Calhoun necro-forms to Nullify your existence.
>>
>>46786706
You're right, it's closer to 11 million, including the gypsies, homosexuals and disabled people. 6 million of the victims were Jewish (or had Jewish ancestry) however.
>>
>>46792118
Thereabouts, yes. It's hard to pinpoint the exact number, and there's the chance that number could be off by several million in either direction. But it's almost certainly in millions. Hell, even if it was "only" in the hundreds of thousands it would still be a horrendous thing that happened, 100,00 people is near the max of a number you can even comprehend in practical terms. I know muh shoah is a meme, I've certainly joked about it, and there are bigger genocides, but in seriousness it really was one of the most disgusting organized actions in human history.
>>
File: retard alert.gif (393 KB, 493x342) Image search: [Google]
retard alert.gif
393 KB, 493x342
>>46786029
>poster A posts blatantly controversial political flamebait
>poster B replies to political flamebait
>"omg poster B stop shoving politics into the thread gawd"

You are a faggot and >>46785457
is an even bigger faggot.

>it's okay to shove politics into an unrelated thread as long as it's politics I agree with
>>
>>46790750
>Lawful Nutral
>Not capitalised
>No full stop

Get the fuck out.
>>
>>46792108
>*Laughing runaway slaves*
>>
File: AD&D 2 Alignment.png (153 KB, 346x234) Image search: [Google]
AD&D 2 Alignment.png
153 KB, 346x234
>>46786272
See >>46786440 and pic related.
>>
File: nutria.jpg (157 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
nutria.jpg
157 KB, 640x480
>>46792976
What about Lawful Nutria
>>
>>46793617
Nutria are Nutral.

It's right there in the Name.
>>
>>46793757
True Nutria?
>>
>>46790083

Oh god you are a faggot.
>>
>>46786440
>>46793384
So, basically, in a D&D campaign, it's up to the DM to interpret and define what defines each alignment within their specific setting?
I can live with this as a solution.
>>
>>46792311
>but in seriousness it really was one of the most disgusting organized actions in human history.

Stalin and Mao both have far worse sheer body counts (And of the two the reward goes to Mao - the "average" for Mao is nearly equal to the absolute highest estimate for Stalin), and Pol Pot takes the cake for sheer proportion.

However, none of these people built fucking ovens and gas chambers for the express purpose of wiping out a given class of people. It's one thing to shoot any Jew you see; it's another to industrialize the process of extermination.

That's why Hitler tends to take the cake in arguments. It's not about the raw numbers, its the methodical thought and utterly inhuman approach to the matter. A given person can be made to understand what would drive someone to start rounding up and shooting every Jew in town - that's a crime against humanity, but at least it's an impassioned crime. You can imagine someone making a big speech about the evils of the Jewry, getting people into a frenzy. Even without that, people can understand hate, even pointless hate. Not necessarily agree with it, but at least understand it.

But the cold, methodical, industrialized approach that the Nazis went to is - thankfully - utterly alien to most people, and is why the Holocaust is the benchmark genocide of human history, the yardstick against which all others are compared.
>>
>>46791333
Between lawful neutral and good
>>
How do you play chaotic neutral correctly regardless of the setting?
I like the idea of a character who just looks out for himself, dislikes being tied to people or causes, etc, but every time I play a CN character in a way that isn't Chaotic Stupid I get called out on not following my alignment

>>46785953
This never fails to make me mad.
>>
>>46795252
>How do you play chaotic neutral correctly
Do it for the cash. Always make sure the job is done, but you're not completely immoral. You're not going to stab a shopkeeper and shit in his mouth, and you wouldn't want to murder a child in cold blood, but you'd have no problems being a bodyguard for a shitty person, as long as the pay is good.
>>
>>46795373
Isn't that neutral evil?

I feel like the line between CN and CE is quite vague anyway. CE just tends to be more of an asshole while CN is more mellow but that's it from what I've seen.
>>
>>46795390
Well alignments tend to differ from person to person. For me, neutral evil would have no problems murdering a child, or something like that. Neutral evil would be something like an assassin, where as chaotic neutral would be a bounty hunter. Close, but one is more acceptable in most cases.
of course, CN, NE, and CE are all awful alignments
>>
>>46795458
>of course, CN, NE, and CE are all awful alignments
Why?
>>
>>46795484
Most people who play those are being edgelords. Not everyone of course, but nine times out of eleven, you'll get a lulrandumb in one of those alignments. Chaotic Evil is just shit though. Its being evul4tehlulz.
>>
>>46792118
>6 million jews
Nope. That's not what Red Cross said.
>>
>>46795528
There's literally no difference between CE and CN other than the fact CE are entirely selfish while CN don't go out of their way to be assholes.

CN is hardly edgy, I could understand for most CE players but CN? It's literally "let me do my thing and don't bother me" - the alignment
>>
>>46795654
>let me do my thing and don't bother me
Which is not what you want your attitude to be in a group based game.
>>
>>46795689
As I see it, CN does whatever is good for them. They wouldn't mind staying in a group as long as they're not compelled to follow orders or do things they don't want to do.
Most people play them as chaotic stupid but I think CN is reasonable.
>>
>>46795727
Oh yeah bud? Well, your opinion is valid and I respect it. Just don't play a loner who sits in the corner and doesn't contribute outside of combat while playing in a large group.
>>
File: 1460446356284.jpg (49 KB, 500x635) Image search: [Google]
1460446356284.jpg
49 KB, 500x635
>>46792108
>confirmed for not being able to withstand the banter

Columbus sent us a nice welcome card when Atlanta United got accepted for MLS
>>
>>46793282
I don't care about that. Largely no different than serfs trying to escape vassalage by running away, I'd do it. Plus "owning people" is a personal no-no.

Tripfagging, however, that makes me want to bombard a military installation without a formal declaration of war.

>>46795853
Nah, but it is occasionally liberating to be offended. It's a good feeling, but it's cancerous and I wouldn't want to do it irl or take it to heart, so I wait until Alignment Arguing Thread #xxxx where it doesn't matter what I post.
>>
>neutral character constantly risks his life on a adventures for the greater good
>...

>neutral character does anything evil ever
>OMG ALIGNMENT VIOLATION
>>
>>46798472
For a neutral character it's all about the why rather than the what. But then there's really obvious moments where your character is pretty fucking evil. Like killing commoners.
>>
>>46798564
If he gets something else than pleasure out of killing commoners (eg. money) it's neutral
Otherwise it's evil
>>
>>46799729
I think paid assassination in general is kind of evil.
>>
>>46783693
fuck off to pol alberto :DDD

But really, how can there be retards that don't understand alignments?

lawfull = follow laws, opposite of chaotic(fug da police XDD)
Evil = selfish, opposite of good (selfless)
>>
>>46799899
Because Neutral. No, really. Neutrals are people too selfish to be Good.
>>
>>46785457
>kicking puppy never serves a purpose
The puppy is scampering about adorably underfoot while you're trying to move furniture around a bend in a staircase. If the puppy causes either party to stumble, you will be crushed under three hundred pounds of falling hardwood. Your hands are full and the puppy is too exited to heed verbal commands.

Choose. Kick the puppy, or place your life in his tiny paws.
>>
>>46785559
>implying they aren't
>>
>>46790141
Lol at you mushrikeen, that achee was merely wishing pbuh on Barbosa, not Allah (swt)
>>
>>46786759
You fuckhead there was no larger Genocide than the Holocaust.

Hitler was not a socialist.

People having died because of mismanagement, hunger and war (under Mao and Stalin) ist not at all comparable to systematically trying to erase Jews, homosexuals, "gypsies" and others.
>>
>>46800192
Stalin didn't mismanage people into starvation. He did it quite intentionally.

If I board up your windows, scrap your car and hold you inside at gunpoint until you starve, I'm still a murderer.
>>
>>46783693
Had to tell a LG paladin that killing innocent magically inclined babies because he says they're evil is still looked at by the general public as a horrendously evil act, he threw a shit-fit and stormed off, saying I can't change his alignment.
>>
>>46800343
What drove him to do that in the first place?
>>
File: Whooosh!.jpg (12 KB, 478x361) Image search: [Google]
Whooosh!.jpg
12 KB, 478x361
>>46784966
>>
File: Laughing_wizard.jpg (53 KB, 640x516) Image search: [Google]
Laughing_wizard.jpg
53 KB, 640x516
>>46783693
>playing systems with alignment

Aren't you a little old for kids games, anon?
>>
>>46785441
Aggressive passivity? So, instead of passively being aggressive, he was aggressively being passive? What, just like, really determinedly being passive?
>>
>>46785861
Nah, what you just described is regular passive aggression. Either the person you're replying to meant something else, or they're pretentiously renaming passive aggression.
>>
God damn it, this
>>46801151
was for
>>46787763
>>
File: Angron.jpg (84 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
Angron.jpg
84 KB, 250x250
>>46783693
>acts a douche
>tells gm
>"you can't"
>unironically
>smirks

Funny! Would you like to start on your new charsht now, or just select one from my Ready-Mades binder?
>>
File: witnessed-clean.jpg (62 KB, 970x545) Image search: [Google]
witnessed-clean.jpg
62 KB, 970x545
>>46785130
>>
>>46800192
>HOLOXOAX
>real
>pick one
>>
>>46800192
>National Socialism isn't a form of socialism
Let me guess, Stalin and Mao weren't socialists either?

>there was no larger Genocide than the Holocaust
Yes there was, the genocide experienced under Stalin or Mao both dwarf the Holocaust, and the Amerindian die-off due to European diseases or the Black Death towers over them all. Genocide doesn't necessarily involve intent. It is simply a race/people getting killed en masse by something. 30 million Ukranians being essentially starved to death under Stalin is literally genocide even if it was due to mismanagement (which it wasn't).

>People having died because of mismanagement, hunger and war (under Mao and Stalin) ist not at all comparable to systematically trying to erase Jews, homosexuals, "gypsies" and others.
Stalin was definitely trying to remove large numbers of people. Chinese die-off was probably unintended to some degree. And they are comparable, because they were all totalitarian regimes following very radical socialist ideologies that caused the deaths of millions. Are you trying to make it a competition? The Holocaust doesn't need to be the single largest die-off to make it a horrible tragedy that we should actively work to prevent in the future. It is not diminishing to the gravity of the Holocaust to state as a matter of fact that it simply does not top the charts in raw body count.
>>
>>46799809
That's kind of an opinion more than fact, but l somewhat agree with you
>>
>>46800343

It doesn't matter what the general public think of his behavior. It matters what his god thinks of his behavior.
>>
>>46785953
Normally I have 0 problems with blacking characters, but

>Roland

Him being white is a LITERAL plot-point. What the fuck are they gonna do, make Susannah white?
>>
>>46808706
Nah. Directoe guy said he's just gonna have her play as a straight insane homocidal maniac and they find other "non-racist" ways for her to demean and hate roland with. Basically they're lobotomizing her character a bit and simplifying the relationship for the sake of roland being black. They're getting rid of a lot of the racial overtones as well as any hints of rape or feminine vulnerability. This will also be changing the role of rolands mother as she won't be a shame for being seduced how though they haven't said.

You ever see that shitty scifi channel remake of waterworld? Its gonna be like that.
>>
>>46783693
No, No, You forgot one little detail, I'm the GM and MY word is final. Also, no, this is not up for debate and I really don't care WHAT bullshit, relativist argument you've prepared in advance of this or are about to pull out of your ass.
>>
>>46808831
Christ. If they wanted a black character, fuck why not make Eddie black? Or Jake? They could make literally every other character black ASIDE FROM ROLAND and it would make sense, but no they black the ONLY CHARACTER IN THE ENTIRE SERIES where it wouldn't make sense.
>>
>>46808916
Because das racis. Its like saying you can't replace the main characters of the wheel of time books with women or making ripley a man which would be sexist. Giving certain roles to certain people built around the fact they're gender or race locked makes you a bigot now. Unless of course that race and gender is totally against and opposite the original source materials telling of the story in which case its inspiring and who cares if it ruins large chunks of the story.
Welcome to the new age of social justice, anon.
>>
>>46808916
That would require the director and the producers attached to him to care about the source material beyond it being a piece of Intellectual Property they purchased and therefore can exploit in any way they want. The writing of the script is subcontracted and racial mandates are set, it'd doubtful that anyone on the executive level is even familiar with the story.
>>
>>46808963
But half the main characters of WoT are females.
>>
File: 1458439443848.png (711 KB, 731x553) Image search: [Google]
1458439443848.png
711 KB, 731x553
>>46808916
Oh fuck I just realized.

>If Roland was white the racial tension between him and Susannah would be there
>Black woman being mean to a white man for no reason

They didn't make Roland black to fill racial quotas, they made him black to remove any possibility of making a black woman look bad.

>I want off Blaine's Wild Ride
>>
>>46809018
It goes against the narrative sjws have built and we can't have people question the narrative you see.
>>
>>46785457
It's literally a fucking dog, whatever you could do to it would be less evil than killing or hurting an innocent human.
>>
>>46785559
Now THIS is shitposting!
>>
>>46808994
I'm talking the MAIN characters. Like rand, perrin, and mat suddenly being turned into black women.
>>
File: UWEfhaD.jpg (105 KB, 500x562) Image search: [Google]
UWEfhaD.jpg
105 KB, 500x562
>>46809099
>the ta'veren are now seanchan qt3.14s
I'd read it
>>
>>46799899
>fuck off to pol alberto :DDD
Alberto is from /int/ you fucking tumblr-browsing mongoloid.

t. Alberto Barbosa, famous moorish king
>>
>>46785953
I fucking hate this and I'm a fucking sjw who's barely familiar with the material, it just fucks up future attempts to do it well and there is no goddamned reason for it.

In adapting shit you have 2 choices in race change: don't change the character or reinterpret it in an interesting way. Peter Parker can be any damn ethicity you please but Matt Murdock's gonna need a complete overhaul unless he's either Irish, Mexican, Philipino.

A Batman who was adopted out of Brazil by rich white folks as a baby, loses them, cuts his teeth wrecking gangs and corruption in the favelas before he returns to gotham with kitted out riot gear, tear gas, and batons is fucking awesome but it sure as shit isn't the same Bruce Wayne.
>>
>>46809561
Sjw is not something you call yourself. It's akin to labels like keyboard warriors and facebook activists. You probably aren't one either unless you're /r/shitredditsays tier
>>
>>46806000
>Let me guess, Stalin and Mao weren't socialists either?
Not that guy, but the actually economically leftist parts of the nazi party were culled during the night of long knives. Calling Hitler an actual socialist in policy is like calling Mao an advocate for democracy because it's called the democratic people's republic of china.
I agree with you for the most part other than that, though critiquing most forms popular proposals for socialism by bringing up china or russia is equivocation at best.
>>
>>46786424
>>46786577
But none of the other players did that with ruining the campaign. Does being a goody two shoes mean you have to be dumb with no subtlety.
>>
>>46793979
I don't think your considering how many people died in the gulags and were intentionally starved by Stalin because he thought collectivsation could work.

You're right in that Hitler did plan out and contemplate his genocide better, after all it was the whole intention and point of his scheme to kill the Jews, gays, cripples and "degenerates" but you're also white washing what Stalin and Mao did.

They were willingly letting their own people die because it was convenient for their ideology and gave them more control. The cold hearted, methodical and bureaucratic approach to human life "we'll let 5% die off and take the farms then" is just as alien and inhumane as what Hitler did. In both cases, humans are being reduced to numbers on a piece of paper and in both cases, they're being killed. Whether by willful starvation or slavery, torture and death. In one case, its the means to an end and in the other, its an end to itself.

This doesn't change that, by far, Imperial Japan was the worst out of all of them with what they did to China in the Rape of Nanking, the tick bombs and bacillus bombs, their systemic cannibalism and the work of Unit 731.
>>
Reasons why 5e is the best edition:
We don't need to have THIS discussion.
>>
>>46810540
But anon. None of that shit happened. Glorious japan is an innocent victim of a global smear campaign
>>
>>46785457
>THAT PUPPY IS FILLED WITH SPIDERS, KICK IT'S ASS!
>>
>>46810540
>their systemic cannibalism
I've never heard of this, care to drop a read on it? Sounds disturbingly interesting.
>>
>>46811236
Don't kick spiders
>>
>>46811236
That might actually be a safe way to store and kill spiders.
You can curb stomp that bitch all day and no nasty spider guts. And puppy blood washes off so easy.

For those that don't know, puppies are like some combination of adamantium and rubbery as they not only bounce but come out of absolutely lethal situations still wagging. Which is good since they're mangnets for accidents for some reason.
>>
>>46811260
You're right
Fire is much better, who knows how many live in your floorboards. Better to just burn the whole house down and start over.
>>
>>46808887
Well how the fuck am I supposed to present an argument NOW?!
>>
>>46795727

A bit late, but I play CN as legitimate mental issues/questionable morals: the alcoholic war veteran with PTSD is CN. He won't do evil for evil's sake, but he might lose his shit in the middle of fist fight, and turn it into a murder.

The morally ambiguous pirate is also CN. He legitimately believes being selfish is the way of the world, and that what he's doing isn't wrong.
>>
>>46810233
>leftist
a meaningless classification

Fascism has influences from many different other political movements, including national syndicalism, an ideology very much connected to socialism. But honestly the Nazis were really fucking weird ideologically, sort of defying the left-right dichotomy (which is already stupid). But it's hard to argue that radical socialism has no influence on Nazism, the whole fucking ideology revolves around being able to rally the resources and wealth of the entire nation under a central entity in order to ensure the success of the nation. Is that purely socialist? No. Is it purely radical nationalism? No. It's a weird hybrid.

tl;dr the Nazis described themselves as socialists and have very definite socialist influences, it is not a huge stretch to call them fringe radical socialists.

>though critiquing most forms popular proposals for socialism by bringing up china or russia is equivocation at best.
True enough. I don't like socialism but I don't need to cite the "successes" of some of the most comically horrible world powers in history to show it's faults.
>>
>>46784555
That looks like Trish from DMC
>>
>>46813353
You are mixing Fascists and Nationalsocialists around.
The former tend to have less "muh race" overtones, instead going for "muh nation".
Both are close but not a 100% match.
>>
>>46785457
>kicking puppy never serves a purpose
Sure it does. That's how you score a field goal in puppyball.
>>
>>46814757
"National Socialist" refers specifically to the original Nazi party, it's not a separate classification.

Fascism in itself is a very poorly defined term. Lots of different post-syndicalist thinkers and groups either used the term themselves or are described with the term by others. It's not like Marxism or Internationalism that can trace their roots back to a fairly specific source. Drawing a definitive line where fascism begins and ends is tricky.
>>
>>46785457

well meme'd!
Thread replies: 185
Thread images: 28

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.