[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Before it got archived the 300+ post favourite chapter thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 13
File: image.jpg (62 KB, 321x457) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62 KB, 321x457
Before it got archived the 300+ post favourite chapter thread headed in a cool direction where we started making up fluff for chapters which have colour schemes and nothing else.

Let's keep that going, /tg/

One idea I loved is that the Auric Patricians (pic related) recruit from the nobles of various hives to make the 'best of the best' and have arrogance to boost.

Let's see what we can come up with for these guys and other mehrens
>>
>>46769564
Bunp.
>>
Link to old thread?
>>
File: 1460081955014.jpg (175 KB, 600x750) Image search: [Google]
1460081955014.jpg
175 KB, 600x750
>>46771318

I glanced through that thread and found it worthwhile as well. Auric marines, eh? I've got some original material about a chapter of marines in golden armor....

>adeptus mechanicus discovers lost sector
>finds habitable solar system, explores sunward
>edge of system normal
>normal random outer planetary stuff
>nice feral world with plenty of snow
>gas giant circled by a veritable bread-basket of habitable moons ripe for agriculture
>double planetary system
>pair of perfectly earthlike worlds
>tidally locked
>an immense tower rises from each
>meets in the middle
>space-elevator/space-bridge spans the space between
>enormous station at the midway point
>mineral-rich asteroid belt sunward
>admech claims system
>admech claims double-planet
>administratum checks admech
>says no
>says one of those planets must not be governed by admech
>admech plots
>admech arranges for space marine chapter to be formed from iron hands & sons of medusa genestock
>one of the double-worlds is granted to this new chapter as their homeworld for governance
>they wear gold
>other planetary twin remains admech-conrolled
>agricultural moons of jovian planet are granted to competitive imperial knights
>snowy feral world largely ignored, human settlers there remain primitive and pre-industrial so as to have purely organic genetic source just in case
>for some reason the survivors of a lost space wolves great company wind up on the snowy feral planet where most go wulfen but a few retain their superhumanity and are seen by the locals as wizards & warriors of legend
>this is due to just as planned by tzeentch for some reason
>third group of space marines arrive in system at some point
>fleet-based ravenguard descendants with terrible secret
>90% failure rate when implanting black carapace in initiates
>90% of chapter unable to use "real" powerarmour
>the lucky ones get full powerarmour and form the 1st company -- the face of the chapter
>the rest wear scout, tda or archaic armour
>>
File: GoC_Battle.png (3 MB, 1113x1451) Image search: [Google]
GoC_Battle.png
3 MB, 1113x1451
I'd like to fluff out the Guardians of the Covenant more, myself.

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Guardians_of_the_Covenant

http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Guardians_of_the_Covenant

There's just enough on them to make them interesting, but that's about where it stops.
>>
>>46772932
I love them, robes over armor, and being DA successors that actually care about their citizens? Sign me up.
>>
>>46773170
Yeah, and their paint scheme looks pretty damn sexy on models.

Due to their fixation on collecting knowledge, I feel like they may have a slightly greater emphasis on Librarians. Not a huge one, since they're still at least partially codex compliant, but Librarians may be more inclined to lead missions on recovering lore.
>>
My God, why are so many of these lesser chapters covered in 90% black color schemes? It's such a boring color on models, and also just plain makes them more difficult to stand out with so many of them being like that.
>>
You know what, a lot of the /tg/ ones' are pretty good for the most part
>>
File: Auric Patrons Predator.png (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Auric Patrons Predator.png
2 MB, 1280x720
>>46769564
Even in a universe where Humanity's greatest warriors scoff at the idea of camouflage, the Auric Patrons stand out. Literally.

I imagine these guys excel at countering ork invasions, as their bright flashy colors inspire the PDF with great confidence and the inspire the ork flashgits with great stupidity.
>>
>>46775544
Maybe the Orks think of them as the 'Splodey Marines due to their sharp yellow color?
>>
>>46775544
I like it.

>>46777109
Mate, they're gold. It's even in the name, "Auric" Patricians.

High-Class Rich Men.
>>
>>46777857
gold is just metallic yellow
>>
File: image.jpg (156 KB, 498x749) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
156 KB, 498x749
>>46777966

Here's a metallic yellow I made up a while ago. Could suit the Auric Patricians.
>>
What's the best paint scheme you can think of?
>>
File: Lufgt_Huron_Chapter_Master.jpg (306 KB, 981x1501) Image search: [Google]
Lufgt_Huron_Chapter_Master.jpg
306 KB, 981x1501
>>46780636
>>
>>46777857
I was making a joke, anon.
>>
File: Word_Bearer_Test_and_Cult_2.jpg (108 KB, 650x331) Image search: [Google]
Word_Bearer_Test_and_Cult_2.jpg
108 KB, 650x331
>>46780636
Personally, I'm in love with the Heresy-era Word Bearers. The maroon shade and the silver face mask complement each other beautifully. I'd like to make my own chapter with that color scheme, but I feel like it would be too difficult to justify unless they were CSMs.
>>
>>46783499

Any chapter with different-coloured face masks is pure Hnnng. Forge world deliver on those.

Also, if you're worried about a crimson and silver colour scheme looking too chaosy, don't. Plenty of loyalists have spoopy edgy colour schemes.

In fact, the Exorcists look so much like pre-heresy Word Bears that I headcanon Argel Tal comes back to life (having his soul protected by Raum) and founds them, having been formerly possessed himself. Remember the crimson and silver are the original Serrated Sun colours.
>>
File: WB_Legion_Tactical_Legionary.jpg (16 KB, 200x299) Image search: [Google]
WB_Legion_Tactical_Legionary.jpg
16 KB, 200x299
>>46784497
Yeah, the different-colored face mask is probably the big thing that wins it over for me, although the particular crimson color they use is a big help, too. I really wish GW would get some Mark IV helmets, because I don't want to pay ForgeWorld prices for them, and they're the best-looking Space Marine helmets, in my opinion.

And yeah, I suppose there's so many chapters out there that a chapter having a Word Bearers color scheme could be ruled as enough of a coincidence.
>>
>>46784618

> I really wish GW would get some Mark IV helmets

Anon, I have a pleasant surprise for you.

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-IE/The-Horus-Heresy-Betrayal-at-Calth-Book
>>
>>46785867
Thanks, but I do have the set. I just don't want them to be part of a whole $150 set. In particular, so that I can give those helmets to things like Assault Marines and Bikers without having wasted parts.
>>
File: image.jpg (29 KB, 202x284) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29 KB, 202x284
The Brotherhood of a Thousand.
>>
File: image.jpg (28 KB, 200x284) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28 KB, 200x284
>>46769564
The Dark Brotherhood.
HAIL SITHIS!
>>
File: 5hurtgdf.jpg (94 KB, 625x599) Image search: [Google]
5hurtgdf.jpg
94 KB, 625x599
For those we cherish, we die in Glory!

The Lamenters are probably my favorite chapter currently. Their paint scheme is great and I enjoy their lore.

Too bad they're probably dead.
>>
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 314x468) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 314x468
Bump for angels revenant
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.