[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MTG general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 13
File: THEFORBIDENONE.jpg (815 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
THEFORBIDENONE.jpg
815 KB, 1080x1080
anything related to MTG you want to share

pic related
>>
File: 1453969130375.jpg (98 KB, 418x568) Image search: [Google]
1453969130375.jpg
98 KB, 418x568
>>
Where is Exodia's head?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1z1jY7M5ao
>>
File: Image.png (263 KB, 446x310) Image search: [Google]
Image.png
263 KB, 446x310
>implying theres no power creep
>>
File: hjkl;'.jpg (23 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
hjkl;'.jpg
23 KB, 223x310
so i'm thinking about making a edh deck using pic related any help would be great
>>
File: Unavngivet.png (646 KB, 624x445) Image search: [Google]
Unavngivet.png
646 KB, 624x445
>>46766172
It's always gone both ways.
>>
I've never drafted in person before and might go next week but I don't know what the etiquette is.

Help.
>>
>>46766217
I would say creature are getting better and better pretty consistently. Definitely since the creation of the modern boarder at least.
>>
Does anyone have images that have catalogs of bootleg cards and the contact info for the people that make them? I saw a couple floating around recently and I'm in the market for some FoWs
>>
>>46766274
Bathe and wear clean clothes.
During draft don't ask how much the cards are worth or look up card prices.

Introduce yourself to your opponent, you can shake hands if you like, let them know it's your first time drafting.
Ask questions if you don't understand things.

Don't be a sore loser, understand you will likely lose a lot your first few goes, be willing to learn and take your losses in good humor.

If you do win, don't be a smug cunt or rub it in their face.

Either way, thank your opponent for a good game and wish then luck in their future games.
>>
>>46766758
Thanks anon.

And do people seriously... not bathe?

That's disgusting.
>>
>>46766834

It's usually a sign of deep-rooted and often suppressed depression, but sometimes they are just filthy motherfuckers.
>>
>>46766834
Bathing daily is a western phenomenon. The rest of the world manages just fine bathing every other day or so. Americans are just obsessed with smelling like brand name scents and not having visible dirt on their skin.
>>
>>46766834

I bathe once every two-three days.

Though that is mostly a combination of my land-lord gouging my eyes out whenever he can, my job as garbage truck driver, and my own hydrophobia caused by that time my cousin nearly drowned me with a shower-head and I needed CPR.
>>
>>46766972
>Garbage truck driver

I hear you people get paid a lot. This true?
>>
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 223x310
>>46766210
Sylvan Scrying, Reap and Sow, Expedition Map, and Crop Rotation can fish nonbasic lands from your deck pretty easily. Sisay would be the best commander, but pic related would work too.
>>
>>46766977

Eh, can't really tell you, my wage is $10.20, which is decent though I cover a very large route, not sure anywhere else.

Though as I said, the aforementioned landlord gouging means I can't really enjoy by above-minimum wage pay often.
>>
>>46767005
Minimum wage in my state is $10.

I'd always heard that garbage guys made a lot because the job is a lot more dangerous than people think.
>>
>>46767022

I would assume the garbage truck drivers who make bank are the union ones
>>
>>46767022

It kinda is, a lot of people aren't careful as to what they put into their trash, and a lot of trash bags are very fucking weak and like to tear unexpectedly.

Like last month, nearly sliced the tip of my thumb off because some idiot threw out a fucking ginsu knife.

That particular bag also had a maggot-infested sack of rotten oranges.

So not only was I bleeding free like a fountain, I was bleeding openly around a bunch of, well; garbage.
>>
>>46766217
>Shock is probably considered "too good" in New NWO
>>
>>46767069
That, and back problems, are some reasons my town has switched to an automated system. The truck pulls up, person moves the bin near it, and the truck automatically picks up the bin and dumps it inside.
>>
>>46767213
>being multicolored puts a card at uncommon
>>
>>46767217

Man, I had back problems looooong before I got this job.
>>
>>46767248
Oh I have back problems too, not stemming from my brief stint in public works.

But back problems can be common with garbage disposal when you're hand lifting everything.

I think it was a little of that, but mostly the injuries from retards tossing out glass shards and knives and all sorts that led them to push for it the automated system. They didn't get rid of anyone, but less injuries now.
>>
>>46767213
I seriously hope there is some kerfuffle and fucking MaRo and his cronies get ousted before they actually kill mtg

they are trying to get more casual johnny's to go to one more draft, and then decide that mtg isn't for them anyway

I don't see how this ends well for anyone

WotC will kill MTG,
Single purchase nubs just move onto the next fad,
And the fucking core fanbase is slowly shaved off by constant shitty releases, price gouging, and direct insults from WotC.
>>
File: SIO_Header_New_Preloader.jpg (287 KB, 1920x1120) Image search: [Google]
SIO_Header_New_Preloader.jpg
287 KB, 1920x1120
Is there a human who would take on Jace in 1v1 combat?
>>
>>46767268
Good question, but is there a character that could even possibly EVEN TOUCH Madara Uchiha? Let alone defeat him. And I'm not talking about Edo Tensei Uchiha Madara. I'm not talking about Gedou Rinne Tensei Uchiha Madara either. Hell, I'm not even talking about Juubi Jinchuuriki Gedou Rinne Tensei Uchiha Madara with the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan and Rinnegan doujutsus (with the rikodou abilities and being capable of both Amateratsu and Tsukuyomi genjutsu), equipped with his Gunbai, a perfect Susano'o, control of the juubi and Gedou Mazou, with Hashirama Senju's DNA implanted in him so he has mokuton kekkei genkai and can perform yin yang release ninjutsu while being an expert in kenjutsu and taijutsu. I’m also not talking about Kono Yo no Kyuseishu Futarime no Rikudo Juubi Jinchuuriki Gedou Rinne Tensei Uchiha Madara with the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan (which is capable of Enton Amaterasu, Izanagi, Izanami and the Tsyukuyomi Genjutsu), his two original Rinnegan (which grant him Chikushodo, Shurado, Tendo, Ningendo, Jigokudo, Gakido, Gedo, Bansho Ten’in, Chibaku Tensei, Shinra Tensei, Tengai Shinsei and Banbutsu Sozo) and a third Tomoe Rinnegan on his forehead, capable of using Katon, Futon, Raiton, Doton, Suiton, Mokuton, Ranton, Inton, Yoton and even Onmyoton Jutsu, equipped with his Gunbai(capable of using Uchihagaeshi) and a Shakujo because he is a master in kenjutsu and taijutsu, a perfect Susano’o (that can use Yasaka no Magatama ), control of both the Juubi and the Gedou Mazou, with Hashirama Senju’s DNA and face implanted on his chest, his four Rinbo Hengoku Clones guarding him and nine Gudodama floating behind him AFTER he absorbed Senjutsu from the First Hokage, entered Rikudo Senjutsu Mode, cast Mugen Tsukuyomi on everybody and used Shin: Jukai Kotan so he can use their Chakra while they are under Genjutsu. I'm definitely NOT Talking about sagemode sage of the six paths Juubi Jinchuuriki Gedou Rinne Tensei Super Saiyan 4
>>
Sorin is a fucking moron.

"Oh hey why has Nahiri fucked up my plane I only locked her in the fucking Helvault."
>>
>>46767288

Kishimoto why.
>>
>>46767268
Garruck did it
>>
>>46767265
You want to know the fucking clearest and worst symptom of the NWO?

Planeswalkers

Talk about fucking terrible decisions
Hell I thought they would see the necropotence fiasco parallel immediately after the Jace debacle
It was under-tested, undercosted and format warping

Mechanically speaking its a fucking enchantment, with Zendicars levelup ability stapled on to it
Practically speaking its a spell type that generates a FREE FUCKING EFFECT every turn, that is also a clock to an "I win" event

You know the other fucking spells that replay themselves for free? The Epic cycle. You know why they are ignored? They stop you from playing ANY other spells. That's a fucking acceptable trade-off.

Tell me, whats the planeswalker trade-off?
>>
>>46767213
NWO has nothing to do with power level. There is no 'new NWO'
Power level is basically all development stuff, while NWO affects the complexity of cards at common (and nothing else) - not killing it entirely, but reducing it through the set overall.
Ancestral Recall is blatantly overpowered, but would be A-OK according to NWO because it's a simple effect.
Lightning Bolt was reprinted at common under NWO. Delver of Secrets was printed at common under NWO. Both of these cards are strong but simple to understand (Delver slightly moreso only because transform, but they you know, let cards be somewhat complex, it's again about overall complexity - it's mostly stuff like pingers and shit that gets veto'd by NWO)
Developlment, though...DEVELOPMENT is why all black removal is now uncommon or overcosted, and no wrath is under five mana, and why support didn't boost planeswalkers, and a lot of other shit people misleadingly blame on NWO
>>
>>46767378
>NWO has nothing to do with power level. There is no 'new NWO'

go to bed MaRo
>>
>>46767396
If I was Maro I'd be saying there's nothing wrong at all instead of trying to (rightfully) blame development, now wouldn't I?
>>
>>46767378
so why can't development see the idiocy they are pulling?

damaging the core interaction of the archetypes,
severely ignoring color requirements,
Making color correction, and multicolored access retardedly easy
killing combo, control, and anything but midrange
etc
etc
etc
>>
>>46767432
Because they're trying to make 'safe' standards where they don't have to ban shit and thus have been basically hitting things with the nerfbat repeatedly, while also jamming in things because It Sells (people love the SHIT out of multicolor things)
>>
>>46767411
>development isn't MaRo's bitch
>>
>>46767495
but homogeneity KILLS games

they nerf crap that they didn't even playtest correctly
you don't playtest with devs, or nubs, you play-tests with a representative cross-section sample, and they, for somereason, keep using fucking nubs to play-test, no wonder bannable crap makes it out

people LOVE multi-color, BECAUSE IT USED TO BE HARD TO PULL OFF
making it easier makes that less of an accomplishment
>>
>>46767265
Pretty sure MaRo is never leaving and this game will continue being strangled to death by him
>>
>>46767791
he could always have a horrible "accident"
>>
>>46767495
>Because they're trying to make 'safe' standards where they don't have to ban shit and thus have been basically hitting things with the nerfbat repeatedly
The problem is that when something slips through it'll warp the format that much more because now it's not just an exceedingly powerful card. It's an exceedingly powerful card in a meta where everything else is objectively worse than that card.
>>
I just want to play MTG I don't care about formats. I just want to pit my cards against whatever you've got even if it's unfair or stupid. Sure I make modern decks but I still like to throw together random stuff and hope it works.
Also, no friends and shitty play group that I wish played more and too socially awkward for FNM or turning up to LGS and interacting with people.
>>
>>46767836
Have you seen baby jace?
>>
So out of the top 8 of the invitational, only one deck wasn't using white. And out of the open that was run along side it, only two decks didn't use white.

I for one, welcome our new mandatory color
>>
File: goblin-arsonist.jpg (75 KB, 480x680) Image search: [Google]
goblin-arsonist.jpg
75 KB, 480x680
Rules question: If Goblin Arsonist blocks and dies, does it still get to do 1 damage to another target?

For argument's sake, GA dies while blocking, doing 1 damage to the creature it blocks. Can the GA's controlling player still target the opposing player and deal 1 damage from the death proc?
>>
>>46768734
yeah, of course. Why would you think otherwise?
>>
>>46768767

New player, just cleaning up any speedbumps in knowledge.

Seems like a pretty decent card then, 1 mana for 1 very difficult to counter damage.
>>
Why do people still play Standard? It's a bad cards format and price isn't even a reason anymore with the new cost rotation and deck costing more or less the same than a non GBx Modern deck.
>>
>>46768793
It's okay Mogg fanatic is arguably better, It will be rare that goblin arsonist is better.
>>
>>46768734
That is what makes it good. Its basically a 2/1 or a free damage on the other guy.
>>
>>46769310
>Mogg fanatic
ive always preferred the arsonist. you get a free damage on the block or on the attack and when it dies you can allocate the damage better. Though i guess you could so some cool stuff with mogg fanatics sacrifice ability

> thought i could quit magic.
> just spent $40.00 in non basic lands and artifact cards to finish out my myr deck...
>>
>>46769310
Arsonist trades with X/2s and can kill multiple X/1s
>>
>>46767375

PWs were part of TSP block...they changed it for some reason and introduced them in LWN. Your argument falls flat.
>>
>>46768734

>MaRo dumbs doen Magic
>they introduce new Mogg Fanatic
>people still don't get it

I want to cry.
>>
>>46769359

Damage on the stack anyone...
>>
>>46767263
>tfw I purposely fill bags with shit, knives, broken glass, rotten food, and nails
>>
Would it be worth it to sell my Sensei's Diving Top, Polluted Delta and Umezawa's Jitte to get back into Standard? Odds are, I'd never play those cards in tournament play where they are legal anyway.
>>
>>46769440
Is that a thing again or are you even more out of the loop than I am?
>>
>>46769440
Chrono mogg
goblin r
first strike
sacrifice chrono mogg: deal 1 damage to creature or player
1/1
There is your mog back anon, from the future and everything
>>
>>46767375
Planeswalkers are fine. You get a free effect every turn from anything with an upkeep trigger. Any creature with flying/cannot be blocked is a clock to an "I win" effect (ie. 0 life).

And the Jace debacle is not the same as the Necropotence one, there were other walkers before JTMS. Walkers don't get to have 4 abilities anymore, and they learned not to put brainstorm/fateseal as repeatable effects.

There are certain abilities that are broken on planeswalkers, but many that aren't. And to answer your trade-off question; a planeswalker is an enchantment that's better because it has an immediate effect, and usually gives more choice each turn, but that's worse because you typically have to put more effort into defending it.

And people don't win off ults. If there's a boardstate that you would have won if it weren't for your opponent ulting their planeswalker, you either fucked up bad, or you weren't actually going to win.
>>
>>46769520
Definitely sell Top and Jitte. I'd try to hold on to fetchlands unless you have to sell it to finish your standard deck.
>>
File: 3.jpg (505 KB, 2592x1552) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
505 KB, 2592x1552
Which should I open first?
That guy, Autist or Waifu?
>>
>>46771861
Autist, Vamp, then Waifu
>>
>>46767268
Ob Nix.
>>
File: Pack 1.jpg (673 KB, 2592x1552) Image search: [Google]
Pack 1.jpg
673 KB, 2592x1552
>>46771926
Alright, I'll list them alongside posting the pic, since the camera is pretty shit
Drownjyard Explorers, Sanatorium Skullington, Chaplains Blessing, Niblis of Dusk, Rancid Rats, Uncaged Fury, Confront the Unknown, Senseless Rage, Kessig Dire Swine, Village Messenger (Turns into 2/2 with Menace), Rise from the tides, Topplegeist, Toothe Collector, Choked Estuary.

I espeacially like the topplegeist.

On to the Vamp pack.
>>
File: Pack 2.jpg (622 KB, 1552x2592) Image search: [Google]
Pack 2.jpg
622 KB, 1552x2592
So that got me: Vessel of Malignity, Inquisitor' Ox, Pieces of the Puzzle, Dead Weight, Expose Evil, Rabid bite, Bloodmad Vampire, True-Faith Censer. Root Out, Kindly Stranger, Morkrut Necropod, Obsessive Skinner, Ravenous Bloodseeker, Confirm Suspicions
The Kindly Stranger is neat, The skinner seems p. cool as well and the Ravenous Bloodseeker can enable delirium or make madness work.

On to the waifu
>>
File: Pack 3.jpg (558 KB, 2592x1552) Image search: [Google]
Pack 3.jpg
558 KB, 2592x1552
Shit, why's the 2nd pic rotated?

This pack had: Militant Inquisitor, Stitched Mangler, Stormkirk Mentor, thraben Inspector, Lamplighter of Selhoff, Warped Landscape, Structural Distortion, Stoic Builder, Hinterland Logger, Behind the scenes, Graf Mole, Gibbering fiend, Tamiyos Journal and a foil Inner Struggle.
The Journal is nice, or I like it, not sure how good it is, The gibbering fiend seems cool too

Me not having much luck when opening packs seems to continue. But can't expect much from 3 packs either I guess.
>>
>>46772051
>>46772154
>>46772258
Wow those packs are horrible in terms of value. You got some useful cards though, just not much value.
>>
>>46772299
Yeah, that's how it usually goes for me.
>>
What do you use to play online guys? I really don't want to buy cards for mtgo
>>
>>46768861
because Modern is a meme format that requires no skill
>>
>>46772457
Standard is a meme format that requires no skill as well
>>
Should my first deck be burn or goblins?
>>
>>46767213
>shock
>not lightning strike
>>
>>46766047 Probably on Force of Will.
>>
>>46772347
mtgforge added a multiplayer component, I haven't tried it because I still have nobody to play with.
>>
>Play Magic Duels
>Five Origins boosters left to complete the set
>Still need five Mythics
>>
>>>46769416 they changed it for some reason
Someone is R&D took a moment to think, "wait, maybe we added too much new shit".
>Your argument falls flat.
You shot down is NWO comment, but that's just a sidenote.
His argument is that Planeswalkers are terrible for the game.
>>
>>46772472
Standard requires more skill than any other constructed format
>>
File: IMG_0136[1].jpg (1 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0136[1].jpg
1 MB, 2592x1936
Quick question. I bought this card online and it has a Prophecy set symbol imprinted on it in the rules text. Is this a fake or just "damaged"?
>>
>>46772693
it's a draft stamp
>>
Is there a good MTG database where I can filter cards by price? Magiccards.info doesn't seem to have that.

I am broke, and price is factor no. 1 when considering getting cards.
>>
>>46767324
>but muh colour pie consistency
>>
>>46775000

If price is your #1 motivator, just go to drafts and grab the draft debris piles.
>>
I bought a SoI Fat Pack today for ???? reasons.

Gonna crack it open now, any cards I should be on the lookout for?
>>
New player looking for info:

So I get the main archetypes for most of the colours.

>Green - Buffing and big creatures
>Red - Direct damage spells and cheap creatures
>Blue - Manipulation and control shenanigans
>White - Protection and life gain

But what's black's deal?
>>
>>46771823
Thanks.

Also, I just sorted all of my blue cards from the past, it literally took 3 hours to sort and put them into a binder.

Only 4 more colors to go. At least I'm only doing one color a week. My wife doesn't mind that I'm buying shit for organizing because now she'll "see less stacks of cards" around the house.
>>
>>46776501
Conditional removal, necromancy, and powerful effects with significant drawbacks.
>>
>Might play for the first time
>It'll be casual

Will people get pissy if I'm playing with a fairly well put together deck?

I don't want people having tantrums because "the noob" has four Dispels in their deck or anything.

What's the etiquette for casual? These people are uni students so I'm hoping they're well-rounded individuals.
>>
>>46776720
Casual is casual. Just say you haven't bought cards in a while and were just throwing together a deck so you could play
>>
>>46776501
only played a long time ago but if it hasn't changed:
>High power, low toughness creatures
>use some strong spell in exchange of your life/your creatures
>Regenerate your creatures and play with your graveyard
>kill and go through everything that's not black
>>
>>46776818
>>High power, low toughness creatures
That's more red than black. The rest is pretty much right though.
>>
>>46775437
Avacyn, Olivia, Gitrog, any planeswalker, declaration in stone, tireless tracker. The rest of the set is pretty worthless barring foils etc. but if you pull a foil avacyn or foil planeswalker you can make up some of the sunk cost of the fat pack at least.
>>
>>46777524
Thing in the Ice is still worth something too, and I'm pretty sure Tireless tracked dropped back down some.
But yeah, not a whole lot of money cards in this set.
Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.