[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
40k Houserules
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: ultrakitten.png (160 KB, 234x282) Image search: [Google]
ultrakitten.png
160 KB, 234x282
40k is a mess. What does your LGS and/or basement do to sand out the rough edges? Walker/MC reworks, changes in the turn system, faction reworks, etc.
>>
>>46764759

We play 30k. Pretty fun game.
>>
>>46764759
No formations, no saves with rerolls, highlander with the exception of troops and horde armies.

I've been pushing to make EVERYONE allies of convenience. Nobody can quite agree on psychic powers, but limiting the amount of psykers helps.

Secretly wishing 40k would get the Age of Sigmar treatment and throw everything out the window.
>>
>>46765546
>no saves with rerolls
Take notes gw

>I've been pushing to make EVERYONE allies of convenience
Sorry but just no. The fact that deamons and grey knights can be allies at all is retarded enough.
>>
File: 1441912449331.jpg (50 KB, 500x362) Image search: [Google]
1441912449331.jpg
50 KB, 500x362
>>46765663
>Grey Knights, there are daemons on that world. Go purge them!
>On our way.
>By the EMPEROR! There are TAU on this world! Quick, daemons, help us cleanse this blue menace!
>>
>>46764784
^This
>>
>>46765663
Grey Knights are retarded anyway. I don't know a single person who plays them, never seen them fielded locally ever since they were new and shiny.

By making everyone allies of convenience, you don't get non-astartes in drop pods or eldar psykers buffing dark eldar, and are free to make traitor militia, genestealer cults, skynet iron men enthralled by chaos, whatever.
>>
>>46765799

>Implying that we don't
>>
All space marine chapters use the same rules. Except Grey Knights, who don't exist because fuck grey knights. Also, fuck space marines.

Tall terrain blocks flyers movement, so they actually have to maneuver around it; it also blocks the shots of long-range artillery, so that we don't just end up with a bunch of big models hanging out at the back edges of the table lobbing pie plates everywhere. You actually have to move that shit into position, and troops can hide from it while they work towards objectives.

I'm still trying to negotiate some sort of grenade option to diminish the effectiveness of overwatch while charging, but our taufag isn't having any of that. If he didn't share my hatred of space marines I'd argue to ban tau.
>>
We just play rogue trader
>>
File: image.jpg (45 KB, 420x276) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45 KB, 420x276
>>46766012
You actually sound like an autistic no fun allowed guy. I mean, banning Chapter special rules just makes playing against or as SM pretty boring. The variety is a good thing.
>>
File: frog.png (202 KB, 358x352) Image search: [Google]
frog.png
202 KB, 358x352
We don't have First Blood, we have First Turn Blood.
Also, dreadnoughts have T7, 2+ armour save.
>>
>>46764759
It's fairly simple...

1. No formations except the two in the main rulebook, ie. Combined Arms Detachment and Allied Detachment.

2. No Lords of War or fliers below 3000 points.

3. Use common sense and don't be cocksucker.

These are the pickup rules, if you want to go all out etc. then agree with your opponent. Otherwise assume these rules.
>>
>>46765799
I play grey knights. Fight me faggut.
>>
>>46767039
I get the no LoW. But no Fliers?

They were a problem long ago, but now they are not a big deal.
We use the no-flier rule, but only under 1000 (or 2000 for big ones).
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.