[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What system would you use if you wanted to run a high school
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: assassinationclassroom.png (362 KB, 670x377) Image search: [Google]
assassinationclassroom.png
362 KB, 670x377
What system would you use if you wanted to run a high school slice of life campaign?
>>
>>46751189
FATAL to capture the deep despair of everyday life in highschool
>>
Only War
>>
AdEva
>>
File: O8toNwd.gif (1 MB, 400x268) Image search: [Google]
O8toNwd.gif
1 MB, 400x268
>>46751189
Pathfinder. It works for everything.

EVERYTHING!
>>
I would use a simple system because I know if one of my players doesn't I will start an actual campaign in game.

>Dm PC "hey guys want to play a game of Apocalypse World?"
>Player 1 "what's tha?"
>Player 2 "can't we do D&D5th?"
>DM PC "if your want to run it 2"
>Player 2 "no I'm good IDK how"
>Player 3 explains apocalypse world to player 1
>DM PC kills himself his suicide note says he can't take being the forever GM anymore that's why he started this meta slice of life game with the slight hope that someone would Jump in and let him finally be a player
>>
>>46751189
Smallville, sounds stupid but actually works really well for creating drama around mundane events.
>>
Legends of the Wulin.
>>
>>46751189
Have the players roll to see if they get swirlied or crammed into their own locker, modified by what clique they're part of.
>>
>>46751189
The first session is freeform and begins with the characters arguing what system to use for their campaign.

Second session uses whatever system the characters ended up using, or one that fits the insane bullshit that happened in freeform.
>>
Paranoia. Replace "Friend Computer" with "The Superintendent", "High Programmers" with "Teachers", "Briefing officers" with "upperclassmen", and "treason" with "antisocial", and so on. Then proceed to run Paranoia with a thin high school disguise and see how long it takes players to catch on to what they're actually playing.
>>
Risus
>>
>>46751189
Why the everloving fuck would anyone want to play something like that? That sounds excruciatingly boring AT BEST, and "Hey, gang, let's dredge up a bunch of memories you've been trying very hard to repress!" at worst.
>>
File: TFOS_0001.jpg (229 KB, 754x972) Image search: [Google]
TFOS_0001.jpg
229 KB, 754x972
>>
File: High School RPG.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
High School RPG.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>46751189
This Maid RPG hack that makes it about high school clubs.
>>
>>46751211
The only acceptable answer.
>>
>>46751189
D&D.

We're gonna be chuuni.
>>
>>46751836
What about the mutations, the killings, etc.
>>
>>46755523
What about them?
>>
GURPS maybe?
>>
>>46751189
I wouldn't.
>>
Savage Worlds
>>
>>46751189
Monsterhearts or Lycéenes.
>>
>>46751189
FATE or >>46752181

Had an idea to use Dont Rest Your Head as a coming of age story. Dying just means your character grew up to take responsibilities and leaves childish imagination behind
Death is inevitable in the system
>>
>>46751189
I'd probably go with WoD, d20 would only work if I also wanted it to be magic girl, the 40K games aren't a good fit, Shadow Run could work, GURPS could work.
Now tell me why noone in that image is using their desk as cover.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.