[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Goddess of fertility makes human impregnation impossible
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (58 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58 KB, 800x600
>Goddess of fertility makes human impregnation impossible for the next fifteen years due to reasons.

What would be the realistic consequences of this action over the course of those fifteen years on society as a whole? Assuming humanity does not know that it has a fifteen year time limit.
>>
What do you think, OP? Give us your ideas.
>>
children of men
>>
People will start blaming others as to who pissed off god. Some will say it's the millions of abortions, some will say it's the religious violence, some will say it's the capitalist greed and lack of nuclear family structure, and some will blame the Jews.
>>
>>46749403
>Assuming humanity does not know that it has a fifteen year time limit.

>>46749433
This.
>>
Why 15 years? What about 5, 8, 10, or 12 years?
>>
Well it depends on setting. If it's fantasy then we find non Human waifu one way or the other. Elf rape, halfling rape, dwarf rape, orc rape, whatever the fuck that humanoid monster thing is rape. If we can't breed true you can bet your as we will still try to breed. Alternatively wizards try to fix it, and clerics appeal other gods. Science fictiony setting, clones, or transferring our conciousness to immortal robot bodies. And fucking aliens of course. This reminds me of a plot from a book I read once. The elves try to kill off humanity by making them infertile. Thing is its not perfect, woman who have just given birth, and girls who have just had their first periods are still fertile if you get to them fast enough before the magic gets to them. Cue a ton of really fucked up shit.
>>
>>46749441

>implying it wasn't the jews
>>
If any king would die Without a hier kingdom fall to ruin
>>
Divination until the reason of the curse is found, as well as ways to appease the goddess.

If we know about the 15 years we would protect especially the young women and perhaps also the young boys that will be fertile after 15 years and wait.

If not, hire a wizard with permanent polymorph spells and start experimenting. Sell also the results to the elves.
>>
I imagine the economy would be pretty fucked

short term (no one's buying baby stuff, so the stores will close / manufacturing will stop. will take a while to come back up to speed also. nurses, midwifes etc. will be out of a job) and long term (horrendous impact on workforce and stuff)

at least the first batch of kids born after reproduction comes back won't have to support the elderly by the time they retire?

i'm not an economist. it would be neat to get one in here to talk about it.
>>
>>46749426
It's not OP's job to do world building for us, he just makes the threads.
>>
>>46749403
In 15 years and 9 months, there are a whole lot of babies, and a whole lot of people with crotch rot, because who would be using protection after 15 years of infirtility?
>>
>>46749403
The construction of a portal from the shadow plane to the fertility goddess's realm. A grand crusade against the injustice of the planes. For love.
>>
File: nightmare vision.png (32 KB, 591x275) Image search: [Google]
nightmare vision.png
32 KB, 591x275
>>46749403
op will keep posting magical realm threads
>>
>>46749661
What book, may I ask?
>>
>>46756447

Ahhhh lets see, gotta go to my shelves....it was part of a series of Nordic fiction by Mickey Zucker Reichert. i'll be honest its an older series, there are a ton of Mary sues, and it gets a lot of the mythology its based on wrong, but i enjoyed it (mostly because i got them all for like 3 dollars at the local thrift store and i was hard up for reading material at the time). If i remember correctly that was the plot point for Beyond Ragnarok, or maybe the book that came right after it. Either way it was a plot point in the second set of books in this series.
>>
Shit breaks down. Everyone assumes the world is going to end. There is no reason to build for the future, develop new technology, try to build a fortune, create works of art, protect nature. Businesses close. Economy breaks down. Extreme scarcity ensues. People start looting. Anyone who isn't looting just try to get by and protect what little they have. Lots of death from starvation and conflicts. 15 years of a terrible existence and the world will take much longer to recover.
>>
>>46757097

It can be pretty damn cheesy, in the beginning it legitimately has alignments. though fortunately that gets abolished by the second or third book.
>>
>>46749661
Huh, I bet my GM stole that one.
>Was in a campaign
>Elves make human women sterile
>Rather then try and fix it like the GM wanted, we hold a counter-curse to sterilize male elves
>Bring about a new age of half-elves
>>
>>46757240

well that is one way to do it, congrats i guess. I really wish i could see the quest so i could compare it to what i remember of the books. Feel kinda bad for your dm though.
>>
>>46757121
I'm sad for you if you genuinely think this.

>>46749403
Not a whole lot. Plenty of sad people who decided to wait and now can't conceive. The economies boom, now that everyone's a DINK with disposable income out the ass. 15 years pass and people start having kids again.

Did you not realize that humans have a fertility window that is much greater than 15 years when you came up with this scenario?
>>
File: SH1zPUT.gif (122 KB, 468x1591) Image search: [Google]
SH1zPUT.gif
122 KB, 468x1591
>>46749403
Pic related.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.