[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wanted Tiefling in DnD
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: rqrjj.jpg (66 KB, 637x604) Image search: [Google]
rqrjj.jpg
66 KB, 637x604
Hello good people,

I never thought i would be doing this but i ended up playing Dungeons and Dragons since a few weeks.The problem is i got lost in some chaos of fighting and i (Tiefling Warlock lvl8) shot a prisonguard with an eldritch blast. Now i'm wanted and i don't know how to evade the 'police'. Do you guys have any tips for me? I'm already wearing a disguise.

Inb4: Kill yourself, get arrested, stop playing.
>>
>>46749084
You got to lvl 18 in a few weeks? Is playing RPGs your job?
>>
>>46749122
That's a lvl 8. Still pretty fast unless they slaughtered and endless wave of enemies. I mean, I've been playing for 1 day a week, 3 hours a session for about 3-4 months and I'm level 6.
>>
>>46749084
Take the Many Faces Invocation. Cast Disguise Self will everyday. You can never be yourself again.
>>
>>46749146
I've been playing with a group that's a bit further along. The DM didn't want me to start at lvl 1. I didn't understand the whole thing at first so i just kinda went along.
>>
>>46749146
>That's a lvl 8
oops
>>
>>46749146
>>46749122

Some DMs start higher than level 1.

OP, this might seem obvious, but you should do what your character would do. Got some characters that MEANS turning themselves in. For others it means fleeing town.

Assuming you're in a city and you're not able or willing to leave, and you need to blend in, you could try looking for a part of town with a lot of tieflings. I'd check the poorer sections of the city.
>>
>>46749165
That's a good idea, i'll keep it in mind.

>>46749221
Yes our DM started the whole party at lvl 5 and i joined in at lvl 7. They sorta gave me a crappy introduction "because i would learn it better by doing". So some sessions later i nearly got killed about a dozen times, picked a fight with a dragon, shot a prisonguard, cthulhu got pissed off and i became a assisin for a whorehouse owner. I never had this much trouble and this much fun at the same time with a game xD
>>
You're a warlock - "getting away with awful shit" is supposed to be your forte. You've got teleports,unlimited disguise spells, illusions, luck bonuses and charisma out the ass.

But >>46749221 has it right. What kind of person is your character? If he's aristocratic and haughty, he might attempts to bride some officials to make this minor problem go away. If he's a moralist, he might be stricken with guilt and try to make amends. If he's a "strike first and ask questions later" kind of guy, he might start bullying officials in order to make them stop hounding him. Or he might try to escape to another town, or blend in somewhere. It's up to you, really.
>>
>>46749165
This anon. In addition if you want to go full retard you can take both Mask of Many Faces AND Master of Myriad Forms at 15. This allows you have two layers of "face shield" with disguise self overlaid on top of alter self. You can then have a totally human face on the outside with disguise self, then a lesser human face (say, the same face but with disfiguring scar or something) underneath. If people penetrate your outer layer with truesight you can stuff bluff and say the reason why you're wearing a disguise self is because you want to hide your face which was disfigured by some tragic past incident.

You could also try to get your DM to give you the Charlatan background's False Identity benefit through RPing, and also get proficiency with disguise kit to further enhance your face.

Be away though, if you are juggling multiple appearances and personalities (eg to the party I look like this and act this way, to NPCs I look like this and have this other personality but the party know it's false, but none of them now I'm actually a tiefling warlock and I'm like this in private) it can get really confusing at RP time. You can literately forget who you are at times.
>>
>>46749331
Last time i used Dimension Door Cthulhu grabbed me and killed me multiple hundreds of times in this alternate universe for like 1,5 hours and then shat me out somewhere in the bushes where i needed to do a long rest to be able to move again. So i should be able to get away with awful shit, but i don't think that's the best idea after what i've experienced.

>>46749331
Mine is a bit of a freeloader/dowhatyouwant/justiceseeker kinda guy. So i guess trying to make amends would be the move i should make, but that will get me jailed into infinity; i tried to bust out a friend from jail and ended up with a shootout that lasted half a session. (don't want to hog a gamenight again because of my dumb actions).
I think i'll give the bribing a try or try to do a bountyhunter type of thing.

>>46749411
I went a bit too full retard the last few rounds. I'm trying to balance out my gaming a bit so the DM doesn't have to spare my life every session. And btw: Wouldn't you just draw the multiple appearances on your charsheet? That way you can track it without problems (or am i thinking to simple now?)
>>
>Wouldn't you just draw the multiple appearances on your charsheet? That way you can track it without problems (or am i thinking to simple now?)

You would think that but it's not that easy if you aim to do a convincing RP. Have you ever played that game werewolf where, being the werewolf in day time you have to pretend to be an innocent villager and hopefully convince them to lynch their own? It's like that, it's very tiring:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cIK6Kyn3NM

And that's only having a two layer personality. Having three layers (who you really are, who the party think you are, who the NPC think you are) is a huge pain and sometimes you get confused who you really are.

If you wear a mask for too long, the mask becomes you.
>>
>>46749921
i understand. Noting it is one thing, but actually knowing the whole backstory of that role and playing like it is a different thing.

I'd like to thank you all for the good advice you guys gave me. I'll try to post the results if anything works out okay!
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.