[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My apologies if this question has been asked one thousand times,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: 1458635875922.jpg (175 KB, 629x754) Image search: [Google]
1458635875922.jpg
175 KB, 629x754
My apologies if this question has been asked one thousand times, but how do I get into /tg/ if I have no friends?
>>
>>46740985
You make new friends through the game itself and how it draws people together; simple, right?

Now the bigger problem is what to do when you develop a love of the game but slowly realize the hobby's full of THAT GUYs you don't want to waste your precious time on.
>>
>>46740985

Get friends.

Go to LGS (local game store) if you have one and see what the community is like, maybe play some intro games, and get some people to play with.

If not, try Roll20 and find a game to play.
>>
File: Bretonnian Questing Knights.jpg (124 KB, 920x950) Image search: [Google]
Bretonnian Questing Knights.jpg
124 KB, 920x950
You go and make some friends. Its not so hard.

Talk to your co-workers at lunchtime once in a while. Join a church. Volunteer. Take a karate class. There are lots of ways to make friends.
>>
>>46741059
>church
Anon, you'd be surprised how deeply the "satanic panic" has soaked into many churches - it's way less but I still hear about D&D being Satanic from time to time.
>>
>>46741019
>what to do when you develop a love of the game but slowly realize the hobby's full of THAT GUYs you don't want to waste your precious time on

man oh man is this true
>>
Find a store where they play /tg/ games. Ask to be introduced to the game and play with the people there. Make friends in the process.
>>
>>46743144
this is hilariously true, our hobby is god tier, the people in the hobby are hilariously shit tier.
>>
>>46740985
Read the rulebook.
Make character.
Argue pointlessly in relevant thread.
>>
>>46741085
You should realize that christians use word "satanic" for everything bad. They are not against TTRPG. They just don't like dnd like any other reasonable adults.
>>
>>46740985
Do you have online friends? Would you consider online buddies your friends if you had them?

It at least one is yes, play RPGs online.
>>
>>46740985
Gamefinder.
>>
>>46740985
I will be your friend, anon.
>>
>>46740985
Game finder thread and Roll20 randoms are ok but sometimes super autistic
>>
>>46740985
Look up local shops, go in and find the one where people are playing. When you watch the games, some people will strike up a conversation with you and you ask them to tell you about the game they're playing. BOOM- /tg/ and friends.
>>
>>46741059
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnpiPCtLNU0
>>
>>46740985

Grab /tg/ by the shoulders and kiss us real hard, then toss us onto the bed with *pomf* and then start arguing with us about what the surface gravity of the sun is.
>>
>>46741019
How do you avoid that guy? What kind of personality should you put on too?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.