[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Age of Strife rpg setting?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: Age of strife [Terra].jpg (208 KB, 1094x731) Image search: [Google]
Age of strife [Terra].jpg
208 KB, 1094x731
Sup /tg/ I have been toying around with the idea of using the age of strife era as a setting for a game in the near future. And I am planning on using the rules and stuff from the Darh Heresy 2nd edition rule book.
What do you guys feel about this idea?

Also some stuff i'm having trouble with
>Changing the homeworld rules/using only one homeworld type, etc
>should some classes and skills be of limits
>Should I add/remove any weapons and gear
>>
>>46731305
Another thing to add would be that I plan the players to be a band of mercs doing various stuff for diffrent employers around the globe
>>
>>46731305

What's Age of Strife?
>>
>>46731305
>>Should I add/remove any weapons and gear
More weapons that would be considered rare in 40k. Exotic beam weaponry left over from the fall.
Fewer and/or weaker bolter weapons since iirc the current ones were developed more during the Great Crusade to equip space marines more easily.
>>
>>46731480
The period between Dark Age of Technology and the great crusade in warhammer 40k
>>
>>46731484
Should I just lower the damage for bolters?
>>
File: Archeotech_Laspistol.jpg (16 KB, 157x94) Image search: [Google]
Archeotech_Laspistol.jpg
16 KB, 157x94
>>46731573
There's 2 different types of bolters in DH right? Space Marine sized ones and those "regular" people use?
If that's the case maybe just exclude the larger ones entirely.

I imagine you'd be seeing a lot more stubber weaponry and auto cannons among the techno barbarians.

My personal take on Las-weaponry is that they'd still be somewhat common, but are not produced in anywhere near the same numbers as more simple stubbers. The flip side is that they would mostly be equivalent to Archeotech weapons.
>>
>>46731689
Sounds logical

Also instead of homeworld, should the players get bonuses for being from diffrent nations?
>>
>>46731763
It sounds like a good idea. From what I've read each of the pre-unification states on Earth seemed to be quite different from each other in terms of culture or ways they used their tech. Hell, some maintain a level of autonomy through to present day 40k.

Another thing to keep in mind is that Mars is still a major player.

>After brief anarchy, the Tech-priests of the Cult Mechanicus emerged victorious over the mutants and unified their homeworld. The Tech-priests then visited Terra, sometimes raiding it for remnants of technology they could take home and adapt to their purposes. The Tech-priests were appalled at the destruction on Terra and saw nothing worth saving.

You won't have to worry about a full blown invasion by them, but Explorators are a different story. We know the Emperor and other warlords had labs spread across the planet. Some of them might be worth raiding.
>>
>>46731893
I guess I can keep the hive world and it's bonuses. But what bonuses should people get from example, Ursh, Skand or Merika
>>
File: RT-Space_Marines_In_Battle.jpg (56 KB, 320x527) Image search: [Google]
RT-Space_Marines_In_Battle.jpg
56 KB, 320x527
>>46731939
I've read next to nothing on age of strife 'murica and am not familiar enough with DH to say for sure on the others.
You may have more luck asking the next time a Dark Heresy thread is up. Wish you luck.
>>
Maybe you should ask about in the 40k generals a bit until you have more planned out?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.