[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
AVP First Hunt
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6
File: miniatures-05.jpg (26 KB, 700x467) Image search: [Google]
miniatures-05.jpg
26 KB, 700x467
Does anyone know anything about this game? Any opinions?

I saw it in a gamestore and wanted to get it mostly because you can play solo and minis look ballin '

Never played space hulk type games before.

So anyone with experience have opinions on it?
>>
File: IMG_1377.jpg (896 KB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1377.jpg
896 KB, 3264x2448
Picked it up a while ago but haven't played it. Read over the rules and it seems pretty good. The resin mini's inside are pretty ace (still working on mine). Was missing an arm for one of the marines, shot them an email, and they sent me a replacement with a bunch of extra bits which was nice.
>>
>>46730610

I saw a fair few boxes on sale at Salute yesterday. Sadly I couldn't find any models of Linn Kurosawa or Dutch, I also have no idea how the game plays.
>>
Still fucking waiting for Prodos to pull their finger out and send me my Kickstarter box.
Fucking incompetents to a man.
>>
>>46730818
Holy crap man, shouldn't that have been delivered like ages ago? I got mine from a local hobby place.
>>
>>46730818
Did they give any eta?
>>
>>46731132
Ha ha ha ha, no

>>46730960
Probably. Dunno if it's my fault for wanting some of the Wave 2 stretch goals like Linn and the W-Y commandos or theirs for just being shit.
I just wanted the damn minis, the game itself would be just a bonus
>>
So no one has played this?

Maybe I will wait a bit
>>
Seen it a few times, but the boxes are so expensive that proxying it with Varanguard seems like okay value.
>>
>>46731759
Maybe ask in >>46684223
>>
File: AvPBatmanRules01.jpg (122 KB, 672x960) Image search: [Google]
AvPBatmanRules01.jpg
122 KB, 672x960
>>46730818
This
Worse than incompetence the bullshit weve been put through is at this point quite intentional. Lie after lie to the NA KS backers, and others.

Anytime someone calls Jarek on it, he pulls the someone threatened me card to have an excuse to answer for less and less about whats moved beyond incompetence and is now quite intentional for whatever reasons.

This game seems fun (I wouldnt know i havent gotten my KS pledge I made over 2 years ago) and the models seem amazing but anyone interested should know its built on a dirty foundation.
>>
>>46731903
>Cape Perry
>Perry
>>
>>46731903
>NA backers
I'm a Brit, I think I live pretty close to the warehouse they keep the boxes in, and I still don't have shit.
Fucking Prodos.
>>
>>46731788
~$100 for 3 models vs. ~$100 for 20+ models, and modular game board tiles with counters, cards, etc.

wut?
>>
>>46732071
And hence I don't do KS's with AMAZING SAVINGS. They either get delayed or turn up to be vaporware.
>>
File: Joke_over_your_head.jpg (18 KB, 425x404) Image search: [Google]
Joke_over_your_head.jpg
18 KB, 425x404
>>46732274
It's pretty expensive for a miniatures board game, compared to other games with more miniatures and higher amounts of modular game board tiles with counters, cards, etc.
>>
>>46732557
Like what? Varenguard doesn't actually call to mind any boardgames. And they are pretty well detailed resin mini's, that double for their TT game.

Don't remember the model count but Space Hulk was roughly similar wasn't it?
>>
>>46732866
If you compare it to boardgames?
Descent, the D&D Boardgames or Dwarf King's Hold for example get you a lot more bang for your buck.

Compared to wargames?
Even Age of Sigmar gets you twice as many miniatures.

I have no idea how the game is, all I'm saying is that I've seen the boxes at my LGS, picked 'em up and put them down because the contents for that price just seem unreasonable to me. The singles boxes especially.
>>
File: AvPBatmanRules03.jpg (112 KB, 672x960) Image search: [Google]
AvPBatmanRules03.jpg
112 KB, 672x960
>>46732071
Ouch man that hurts too, but yah thats why i said and others, i dont think anyone in Na has gotten a thing yet though.
>>
>>46732953
>If you compare it to boardgames?
Fair enough, their cheaper, but those are some ugly generic fantasy minis vs. rather good versions of Alianes, Colonial Marines, and Predators. No doubt you get a lot of gaming out of those dungeon crawls, but I bought AVP for the Aliens, Marines, and Predator.

>Compared to wargames?
Yea AoS has twice the mini's, also none of the board tiles, cards, counters, etc. (which is quite a lot of the boxed game) Space Hulk is a better comparison seeing as it's actually a similar type of game with similar contents, and the prices seem similar.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.