[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tyranid meat
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6
File: tyranid bbq.jpg (119 KB, 800x798) Image search: [Google]
tyranid bbq.jpg
119 KB, 800x798
Tyranid meat

So, Tyranids attack an agriworld. They're eventually defeated, but they've consumed all the livestock. On the other hand, there are lots of Tyranid corpses lying around, and the Planetary Governor wants to recoup his losses and figures the average Imperial citizen can't taste the difference anyway.

What would the consequences be of eating Tyranid meat?
>>
File: 1425694146340.jpg (121 KB, 524x492) Image search: [Google]
1425694146340.jpg
121 KB, 524x492
Probably execution for heresy
>>
Tonigh?
>>
Aids
>>
>>46719579
If you cook something hot enough then it can't hurt you anymore. It'll be fine.
>>
>>46719579
I'm fairly certain Tyranid flesh is toxic.
>>
File: heresy.jpg (104 KB, 900x780) Image search: [Google]
heresy.jpg
104 KB, 900x780
>>46719579
>What would the consequences be of eating Tyranid meat?

Delicious heresy.
>>
>>46719579
>average Imperial citizen can't taste the difference anyway.

Doesn't most of the empire already eat corpse-starch?
>>
File: It is always heresy.jpg (137 KB, 500x661) Image search: [Google]
It is always heresy.jpg
137 KB, 500x661
>>46719579
>>
tyranid organisms are filled with highly dangerous phage cells, which function as antibodies and a replacement for the creature's digestive system

These phage cells are capable of seriously taxing, and even overwhelming a space marine's biological defenses. Eating tyranid flesh would be something to be avoided. Eat your boots before even considering it.
>>
>>46719579
At best? Probably a nasty case of genestealer seed.
At worst? Getting digested from the inside out.
>>
File: 1460844203905.jpg (43 KB, 480x494) Image search: [Google]
1460844203905.jpg
43 KB, 480x494
Open season on all heretics.
>>
>>46724605
>Open season on all heretics
You say that as if there's ever a time when it's not okay to shoot heretics.
>>
>>46724762
ok, fair point.
I imagine, then, that it's like when a recall notice gets posted at a store or supermarket, except the enforcement teams are carrying heavy weaponry.
>>
>>46719579

If dark heresy, probably genestealers.

If the lore, the meat probably has no nutritional value and the population left on the planet, the few that remain, would probably be moved to another world or absorbed into the crew decks of a ship.

No force that showed up to fight the nids and won are not going to want to dispose of the bodies by fire, orbital bombardment or just throwing them at the sun.
>>
>>46724182
Depending on how it's cooked/ treated I lijevto think it's either delicious sea(space)food or food that eats you from the inside out / starts messing with genetics to allow you to hear the hive mind depending on how much you consume and if you don't get treatment
>>
>>46719579

Tyranids are not good to eat
they're not nutritious nor tasteful and the tyranids that consume the biomass of the planet are not the same supposed to clear the planet from defenders and the eater organisms are usually tiny (rippers) and rapidly throw themselves in the digestive pools once full

if there're tyranids who have consumed livestock around, they're probably a small part of the digestive procedure's organisms and the biomass gathered will be ruined by their death

I don't think there ever were reports of people wanting to use the biomass gathered in the digestive pools
>>
>>46720021
it is.
>>
>>46728644
Yup. There's an old Last Chancers short story which mentions that not even insects that feed on carrion will touch a dead Tyranid. Eating them is a stupendously bad idea.
>>
>>46719579
>Tyranids
>Defeated
>Agriworld

Fuck no, this is now a Fortress World, deploy Guard Regiments to keep an eye out for resurgent groups of the Xenos and begin alterations immediately. If the Tyranids have come this far, the Subsector has worse things to worry about than local food.
>>
I can imagine Chaos Space Marines eating Tyranids without ill effect.
>>
>>46728689
unlikely.
>>
>>46719579
That's one of the three thing even Kroot don't eat.

Every Nid is a bioweapon down to the cellolar level, eating them grants you a horrible death. Unless you are a Nid.
>>
>>46728689
Unless knee deep in Nurgel's festering asshole - no.
But maybe some Slaanesh groupies would do it, to enjoy the exquisite pains of the ensuing death.
>>
File: Commorite_Stimm-Rack.png (147 KB, 385x479) Image search: [Google]
Commorite_Stimm-Rack.png
147 KB, 385x479
>>46729102
Reminder that at least one of Slaanesh's champions is actively taking all of this at once. Noise Marines have nothing short of an unnatural resistance to things that should, by all means kill them, we're talking mutated Astartes with the blessing and will to put suicidal stuff in them for millennia.
>>
>>46729068
Plague Marines.
>>46729102
DEldar do it so CSM can do it too.
>>
>>46729068
Given the sort of environments some Chaos Marines have to survive in, it wouldn't surprise me if a lot of them could, actually. Trying to survive off whatever you can find growing on a Daemon World is probably going to inure you to such things.
>>
>>46719579
I see a lot of memes about tyranid meat being poisonous "down to the celluar level". What the fuck is this? Surely technology has come far enough to make any food eatable.
>>
>>46719579
Tyranid meat can't be eaten because of high concentrations of GRIMDARK
>>
>>46729388
>I see a lot of memes about tyranid meat

No you don't. You don't know what that word means, stop trying to fit in and fuck off.

>>>/b/
>>>/out/
>>>/s4s/
>>>/asp/
>>
>>46729448
;^)
>>
>>46729448
>he gets upset at posts on 4chan
>>
I'm pretty sure you can't make food out of Tyranids. It's poisonous and even if you somehow cook and cure it, it still won't make a nutritious meal.
And unless something went horribly wrong the Imperium has posted at least some IG on the planet to monitor for any resurgent Tyranids or Genesteelers. So they should have at least some food with them that can be rationed before a more permanent solution is found.
>>
>>46729579
>won't make a nutritious meal
Most of them are just pure muscle. There is little nervous systems or brain matter since they have not evolved to act indepdently. It should be super nutritious once you get past whatever poison meme.
>>
>>46729696
>>46729579
and don't give me no xeno biology crap, because it is already established they have genes and dna, thus they must have proteins.
>>
>>46729759
I was going to say that there are only two instances of factions eating Tyranids. The Tyranids themselves and the Kroot. And the Kroot don't do it anymore.
But then I remembered that in some novel there are some high class IG or Navy officers that get served cooked Catachan Devil. I don't really remember much, but I think they only eat a specific part and even then it's mentioned if the chef fucks up you die a slow and painful death. But Catachan Devils aren't 100% Tyranids anymore so idk if it even counts.
Also
>bringing logic into Tyranid biology
>>
>>46729807
>arguing against the use of logic in any instance
why don't we abandon all rational discussion and shitpost then
>>
>>46729129
>Wraithbone dust dissolved in demon blood.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOcBzomkiSI
>>
>>46729388
tyranid flesh is basically a bioweapon itself. Too render it safe you have too essentially completely destroy it, at which point its not really food anymore.
>>
>>46729388
>>46729696
>meme

No one talks about this subject remotely often enough to be a meme. Try harder.
>>
>>46719579
You don't really defeat the Tyranids like you would the Eldar and other non-Ork armies.

Tyranids, much like Orks, are more like a planetary disease that infects planets. It used to be an Agri-World, now it is probably a Death World due to the Tyrannoforming that occurred.
>>
Considering a long tyranid infestation takes at most like 120 days, how did they run out of food but keep the planet intact enough to be worth keeping?
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.