[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do you hate him so much, /tg/? Every other place on the internet
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: Jace_Beleren.jpg (327 KB, 940x1292) Image search: [Google]
Jace_Beleren.jpg
327 KB, 940x1292
Why do you hate him so much, /tg/?
Every other place on the internet that discusses MtG loves this guy and as always you have to be the contrarian and shit on him for no valid reason.

Why?
>>
>>46698673
Because he is poorly written and given too much spotlight. The reason why alot of other people like him is because "hes cool" or "is cute", those being only a couple.
>>
>>46698876
He's actually written alright in Uncharted Realms, it's his smart ass 14 year old flavor text quotes that get on people's nerves.
>>
File: Blind Phantasm.xlhq.jpg (456 KB, 745x1040) Image search: [Google]
Blind Phantasm.xlhq.jpg
456 KB, 745x1040
This is the best Jace.
Discuss.
>>
Because he is liliana's husbando
>>
>>46700494
Did you seriously just bump the thread?
>>
>>46698955
the only good flavor text Jace has is his Fact or Fiction, since it goes along really well with what the card itself does.

"Try and pretend you understand what's important"

Jace as a character is boring as hell, nothing he does is ever his choice or desire. Things are done to him and he reacts to them. He is never proactive in his pursuits. He's a passive observer to everything to steps in to save the day when he needs to.
>>
>>46698955
This. His origins UR is one of the best written and his antics as a Ravnica amnesiac hobo were nice. The shit always happens on the quotes.
>>
>>46698673
Noone likes Jace, I don't know what the fuck are you talking about. Even reddit hates him.
>>
>>46700788
If everyone hates him then why does WotC keep pushing him and pushing him?
>>
>>46698673
i hate every single fucking planeswalker fuck them nahmean
>>
>>46698673
They hate jace because in their mind they are the blue mage that is the real MC of magic. When they read his counterspell they wish it was a picture of them.
>>
File: arc1346_art.jpg (170 KB, 620x434) Image search: [Google]
arc1346_art.jpg
170 KB, 620x434
Internet reflex hate. And projection of the hate of any kind of main character that isn't a mirror reflection of the audience. And the fact that most of the character's quotes are on counterspells, making him seem like an overpowered sarcastic blue control player.

Having a card in Standard at almost all times makes it seem like he's always the focus in lore, even when he isn't. And the fact that the most format warping and expensive planeswalker card was his contribute to the hate.

Most are cool with the character. Others bring baggage and thus their own problems. Many more are just contrary and being hipster about it. And still others are annoyed about anything blue in Magic.
>>
>>46698673

I don't really care much about Jace, but
>Every other place on the internet that discusses MtG loves this guy

Wrong

Tumblr hates him, so does reddit

Nobody likes lore-jace, he's popular due to his cards.
>>
>>46698673
I'm coming around to him story-wise. But does he really need a new card every block? And he's constantly in flavor text and cards. Look at Tamiyo's Journal. They just couldn't keep him out of the art.
A new Tibalt would have been nice instead of Chase the Booster Seller #87. Tamiyo as well, though I think she'll be in EMN. Oh, and Garruk.
>>
>>46698673
I just hate people who wear hoodies
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.