[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>The GM takes a cut of every consumable brought to the gaming
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 121
Thread images: 14
File: y2v1ghfah9zrkfsp4nzt.jpg (117 KB, 797x450) Image search: [Google]
y2v1ghfah9zrkfsp4nzt.jpg
117 KB, 797x450
>The GM takes a cut of every consumable brought to the gaming table

grazie
>>
>>46692081
Challenge accepted. Time to break out the Hákarl.
>>
How about you just chip in for food like everyone else, you fat fuck.
>>
File: Haribo Sugarless.png (242 KB, 300x422) Image search: [Google]
Haribo Sugarless.png
242 KB, 300x422
Challenge accepted
>>
>>46692081
I hope he likes habeneros in his salsa.
>>
>>46692081
All I have is an entire can of uncooked spam in between two pieces of stale bread.
>>
>>46692184
FUCK
>>
I bring a bell pepper stuffed with smaller chopped habanero peppers.
>>
>>46692184
He's gonna get you back for that.
>>
>>46692184
Oh god! I thought the rotten shark guy was mean, but that is just inhuman. Reading the amazon reviews for that stuff puts my sides in orbit.
>>
File: You need this to game.jpg (137 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
You need this to game.jpg
137 KB, 600x300
Like that you make it sound like a business deal. Its fair, since GMing takes more time than playing, so in my group we just bring the GM treats voluntarily. But we also bring treats for each other, so it all works out.

Gift-giving and fellowship meals are a good way to maintain amicable friendships and a stable group dynamic.
>>
>>46692285
>>46692200
Heh.
I've eaten so many habaneros thatI can barely feel the heat, nobody ever wants to even a bite of my food because it's loaded with pepper.

This was great in the Caribbians because the hotter sauces also tend to be the better tasting ones.
>>
>>46692200
>>46692285
Step your game up, use ghost peppers.
>>
>>46692660
There are better tasting superhots.
>>
>>46692346

Yeah, that's how my group works. I prep and run the sessions, the married couple hosts and cooks, the other girl paints minis and makes art for everyone.
>>
>>>46692339 not liking fermented food
I bet you hate cheese and booze, too.
>>
>>46692828
And I bet you have poor interpersonal skills.
>>
Surstroming and pickled cabbage baguette, anyone?
>>
>>>46692988 baguette >>>/trash/
>>
>>46693044
Go choke on a panini faggot.
>>
My group goes in together for food, and everyone is happy but if someone can't afford it that week it's no biggie because we're friends and that's what friends do.
>>
File: 1446043378608.jpg (200 KB, 736x330) Image search: [Google]
1446043378608.jpg
200 KB, 736x330
>>46692828
>>46693044
Christ learn to use meme arrows you fucking savage
>>
I'm the only one of the group who lives near the place where they sell mexican sodas made with cane sugar, so I'm permanently on soda duty for the group.
>>
>>46692333
>nobody will ever get the recipe

Feels bad man.
>>
>>46692167
Fuck you Danny, you drain my fridge of Mountain Dew every fucking session, don't you dare fucking start some shit over me taking a snack or two.
>>
>>46692346

This guy gets it, everyone should chip in a little food. It's a social event.
>>
>>46692184
you monster!
>>
Time to break out the piss jars.
>>
>>46693640
Not going to happen, ya commie
>>
>>46692333
I want the recipe...
>>
>>46692184

those things are yummy, I would love them as gaming food.
>>
>>46693640

But what if there is one individual whose culinary skills and choices are clearly superior to the rest of the group?
>>
>never eat at gaming sessions because I don't snack and I rarely eat junk food
>receive the occasional passive aggressive remark that I never contribute food for the group

I'm torn about this. On one hand it makes no difference since I never eat the food other people bring, but on the other I can see how it's a traditional and I'm skipping my "turn".
>>
>>46692184

Never Again
>>
>>46693615
dAMN bro you gotta cut that niggas hands off next time he touch the Dew
>>
>>46693780
I am that guy.
The others buy me ingredients, then I cook them while I prep to DM.
I find both to be fun and enjoyable.
>>
>>46693780
>>46693877
Same here. My group pays for my food.
>>
>>46693780

In my current gaming group there are two fantastic cooks, a good baker and two people who can barely butter toast. Speaking as the baker, I like baking for its own sake and I like it when people enjoy what I bring, and even if the two pleb-tiers just bring booze everyone still has a good time.

>>46693723

That's no way to get homemade cookies fresh from the oven, comrade.
>>
>>46693825
bring a bag of chips or a small box of redvines every few sessions.
>>
>>46692346
/thread

Players are such entitled little bitches these ages. GM's should be revered as proper, and nothing less.
>>
>>46692081
Demand a cut of every last piece of food is a dick move, but if you're playing a long session and only brought food for yourself when no one else did, that's kind of a dick move, too.
>>
>>46693909

I'll probably start. I don't mind paying for some snacks for others, but it'll be awkward when they ask me why I'm not eating any. Then they'll leave me some.

Snack culture is the worst.
>>
>>46693954
Enjoy the awkward.
Laugh on the inside.
>>
>>46693615
>Fuck you Danny, you drain my fridge of Mountain Dew every fucking session, don't you dare fucking start some shit over me taking a snack or two.
>Implying Charlotte isn't getting at least ~25% of that
Look Matt, I'd be glad to chip in if you think it's a problem, but you haven't said shit about it.

I'm okay with you grazing my snacks a little, just be polite and don't try to pretend like eating other peoples' food is some kind of god-given right.
>>
>>46694119
>just be polite and don't try to pretend like eating other peoples' food is some kind of god-given right.

But it is though.
Hospitality is Zeus' domain, and he punishes those who don't treat their guests right.
>>
>>46693954
First world problems. You'll laugh about this after WW3
>>
>>46692136
Durian is worse
>>
>>46694185
>Zeus
>not an ass-hat
>>
>>46692184
What the fuck is the point of sugarless Haribo?
>>
>>46694119
You're in my fucking house away from your whiny cunt girlfriend one evening a week, you jackass, so fuck "god-given right". Me 'grazing' a handful or two out of your 'Muricah-sized bag of Doritos is your payment for the fucking refuge I'm offering and entertainment I'm proviging in DMing a game for your brooding loner cunt characters.
Have you noticed you're the only one at the goddamn table giving me shit over this? It's not me, mate, it's you.
>>
>>46692346
sounds more like a gang ritual.
>>
>>46694354
To make you shit your guts out, apparently
>>
Who the fuck eats during games? Just wait till afterwards fatties.
>>
>>46693342
^This, though apparently a lot of gaming groups on /tg/ aren't friends at all, or just simply don't know how friends work.
>>
>>46694489
Either your sessions are particularly short or you're ancestors were Somali.
>>
>>46694527
We usually go for about 6-7 hours, but that's not really enough time for someone to "need' food.

Just some water.
>>
I make it a point to bring beer to my Deadlands game, because it happens after hours at the local gaming store and the owner is the one who expressed interest in it first.
It also allows me to get drunk while gaming, which is something I can't normally do.
>>
>>46694489
Ten hour weekend sessions.
I wish I was fat. My metabolism is high enough that despite my constant consumption, I am skelenerd. I will likely die by 60...
>>
File: Mei.jpg (152 KB, 448x599) Image search: [Google]
Mei.jpg
152 KB, 448x599
>>46694548

What about the wine? You are forgetting the wine.
>>
>>46694590
What magic doth that vessel be enscoreled with?
>>
>>46694447
I want to know what kind of gang does it do I can join
>>
>>46694590
Who holds cups like that?
>>
>>46692167
How about you GM?

In all seriousness, if I had a good GM, I'd share my snacks with him any time.
>>
>>46694703

If I did that, I'd get the shakes and spill most of it as it filled up.

Mad props to her for having this down.
>>
>>46692346
Good lord, that looks delicious. I wish that I knew what every single ingredient in that image was.
>>
>>46694703
posh people, they have all sorts of gimmicks about eating and drinking to keep the plebs away
>>
>>46694771
>her
>>
>>46694513
Yeah, tg seems like they find groups out of convenience, not because you want to do something with buddies. It's why That Guy threads are so popular I think.
>>
>>46692081
Pretty standard I think. Provided everyone's fine with it, that's the usual "payment" for running a game. Not mandatory, but polite.
>>
>>46694789
Looks to me (a Norwegian) like a Swedish Christmas dinner with all the bells and whistles. I recognise a few of the items.

Looking up Norwegian, Swedish, Danish, and Finnish cuisine of wikipedia might help you connect the dots.
>>
>>46692081
>There are people who don't have cooking GM
I mean it's long tradition - "dinner and game". And we all chip in for ingredients, splitting the bill into meaningless pennies.

Besides, even if you cut dinner out, it's pretty normal to split the food and split the bill for it. Unless instead of splitting you simply take turn and each time different person is in charge of logistics.
>>
>>46693572
>>46693758

I'm such a nice guy that I'm going to help you folks out.

Per person:
1 Cosmic Brownie (get the big ones)
1 cup chocolate ice cream
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup chocolate milk, room temperature
6 tablespoons castor oil, chilled

Blend the milk and brownie until smooth, then add other ingredients and blend.

Now, castor oil is super bitter - hence the sugar. You can probably get better results with over the counter laxative products, ideally already sweetened and flavored, but they all take longer to go into effect. I'm skeptical the time scale on this is even possible.

I'm not responsible when you get slapped with assault charges for this, but on the other hand if you've got consent from the victim(s), perhaps because it's the fetish of everybody involved and it's how you want to spend a Friday night, then go for it.
>>
>>46695582
>Eating such awful shit
Let me guess... American?
>>
>>46695621
i literally told them to put a medically dangerous volume of a laxative in there

what makes you think that "awful shit" isn't the literal fucking point
>>
>>46695582
>Its actually really healthy for you!

Why did he lie?
>>
>>46695621
Mmm such delicious bait
>>
>>46695660
If you survive, you're gonna lose some weight. If nothing else, nothing you ate that day is getting digested.
>>
>>46695647
I'm talking about the rest of the "recipe". Nobody normal would eat such thing.
>>
>>46694789
swedfag here

i can tell you pretty much what it is. from bottom left clockwise

graved salmon with matching sauce
eggs stuffed with roe
pickled beets
beet sallad
christmas cheese, blue chese
brusselsprouts
pickled cabbage
strong mustard
breadbasket is (kavring, dark christmas sweet bread) and hardtack
boild potatoes
dip in the pot (pretty mucha potluck with bullion)
'meatballs and princed sausage
gingerbread of to the side
västerbotten (smoky strong flavoured cheexse) pie.
grautained potatoes
boxed herring ( breaded and grautained)
in the middle you have fatty sausage, falu sausage and two kinds of patés and sausage. with two smoked sliced meat. basically coldcuts.

did you want the drinks too?

god jul (merrry christmas fellow anon)
>>
>>46695764
Wheres the middle eastern traditional foods? Come on, Sweden
>>
>>46692081
It really ought to be the host that is taking a cut, if anyone.
>>
>>46695764
I fucking knew it.
>>
File: 2d7.gif (237 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
2d7.gif
237 KB, 500x282
>>46695805
>>
>>46695805

jives aside. in teh cuorner i see what seemed to be stuffed cabbage leaves which one of our kings "invented" after fleeing there after a series of disastrous losses. He returned a hero and had a bunch of dishes introduced. The mince stuffed cabbage leaves was one of them, meatballs the other.

Good going anon, your casual /POL comment steered you towards learning. gain +10 gaming exp.
>>
File: traditional-syrian-dish.jpg (54 KB, 500x616) Image search: [Google]
traditional-syrian-dish.jpg
54 KB, 500x616
>>46695805
>>
File: waluigi.gif (2 MB, 368x367) Image search: [Google]
waluigi.gif
2 MB, 368x367
>>46695758
Not him but that's what goes in a shake. Shakes in other developed countries use just as much sugar and ice cream. Nobody's trying to be healthy when they elect to eat one you flaming autist.
People like you are the scum of /ck/, so please never post again.
>>
File: 1459512664035.png (151 KB, 299x313) Image search: [Google]
1459512664035.png
151 KB, 299x313
>>46694260
>fresh fruit that smells like musky onion and tastes like musky onion ice cream is worse than partially fermented, rotting shark meat
>>
>>46692720
This.
If you want really hot delicious peppers, go for scorpions. There might be hotter out there but not tastier.

>>46692383
I visited a Cuban restaurant in Florida once that had its own homemade habanero hot sauce. It was absolutely perfect and I'll never forgive myself for failing to buy a bottle off them before I left.

Habanero is best pepper.
>>
>>46692081
Whenever possible as DM I also cook a meal for the group, usually something simple like a curry, chilli or shepards pie etc. Though I do tend to pinch a few sweets off the other players.
>>
>>46692346
>feast on an alien planet.jpg
I mean it looks great but I can't identify a single thing without the help of >>46695764
>>
File: 1455779060046.png (317 KB, 796x712) Image search: [Google]
1455779060046.png
317 KB, 796x712
>tfw nobody else in my group thinks food is an important part of a long game night
Every time they come over everyone either eats beforehand or leaves later on to grab some McDonald's. I've mentioned having other people bring snacks before and was mostly brushed off with "meh, we don't need that kind of stuff".
Is it a shocker at all that I can't get the dumb fuckers to get their noses out of their phones when we start playing? I just want them to actively look forward to my games.

Anyone else in this boat? Am I just a shitty GM or something?
>>
>players all bring and share food without getting autistic about money or being obnoxious fat fucks

FEELS
GOOD
MAN
>>
>>46696429
if your players are that uninterested it is highly likely your game either sucks ass or is not what they want

talk to them
>>
>be a chef
>bake and cook at home for shits and giggles
>group enacts a foodshare ban as some people were bitching about paying equally for pizza even though 2/6 will eat a whole large themselves while the other 4/6 will eat less than 2/3rds of their pizza and the eat machines will finish the leftovers
>everyone brings some haggard shit like a nutella sandwich or a mcdonalds meal
>start munching stirfry since i had a few odds and ends left from previous projects and was stewed out
>one of the asshats actually tells me to leave the room or share
>get angry as he's one of the 2/6 that fucked over pizza for the rest of us
"If you want my cooking so bad cough up the money."
"Okay."
>actually pulls out his wallet and asks how much
>call his bluff like an idiot and say he has to gimme an idea or something
"I want a damn steak and some fucking mash tato's. And none of that shit packet gravy."
"$30 bucks."
>fucking carl pops in
"Who the fuck has steak?!"
"Oh nobody. Just fucking anon here with actual fucking food and he won't fucking share!"
"Awww, shit! Anon's offering to cook?! I've been trying to crack him for months!"
"No i'm no-."
"Here."
>hands me a twenty and ten with this shit eating grin
>before i know it i'm going to the store on a $180 budget for fucking steak during the beef hike
>now every game is me trying to double up on dming and cooking like a job
>upped the price to a flat $40 and i make whatever the fuck i feel like cause i hate picky eaters as they're the bane of any cook and i got tired real quick when people tried to take individual orders
Brightside is i now hold enough sway through threat of starvation to get whoever decided to wear the asshat for the day to shut their fucking mouth.
>>46696429
Buy a sharp longhandled grill fork or a gun.
>>
>not playing with the rich guy at his house where he feeds everyone for free and doesn't expect to be paid back

Shig
>>
>>46692184
Oh, go fuck yourself in your eye socket.
Bring a bag of fucking grapes, apples or even a fucking loaf of bread before those sons of bitches.
>>
>>46692081

>exclusively bring food that the GM is allergic to
>>
>>46696625
>get sent to jail for attempted murder or at the very least assault and battery charges and fines
Just bring shit only you'd eat. If i had to i'd make a bacon flavored spam sammich with canned cheese and powered eggs just cause, i hate myself for this, but i love those things even if they are quite disgusting to seemingly everyone else.
>>
File: Clinical Stupidity.gif (3 MB, 384x288) Image search: [Google]
Clinical Stupidity.gif
3 MB, 384x288
>>46696710
Let me get this straight, you actually think someone will be arrested for having their food taken by another person and that person going into anaphylaxis from it?
>>
>>46696756
Only if they find out you purposefully brought what would legally be considered a poison into the nearby area of the victim.
Believe it or not there are several cases, some are under homicide, of idiots getting a cook to serve so and so food they're allergic to or cooking and delivering it themselves.
>>
>>46696756
Welcome to the idiocracy. I've already had it happen in my office.
Judge called bullshit, and the thief got fired, but the shitter still tried.
>>
We did this for who ever the host was. didn't matter if it was GM or not, if we are playing at your house you don't pay for food. Unless you were that picky shit who wanted the weird shit. YES I MEAN YOU KEVIN
>>
>>46696841
>I'm going to take your food
It's got peanuts...
>Rules As Written!
Stop, you're hurting yourself!
>Athault! Thith ith yow fauwchch [CHOCKING NOISES]

I could actually see this happening with some of my ex-players.
>>
>>46696841
>Believe it or not there are several cases, some are under homicide, of idiots getting a cook to serve so and so food they're allergic to or cooking and delivering it themselves.
That's intentional tampering with food.

What you're saying is more akin to:

Thief breaks into your house, while rummaging through your stuff, he trips and kills himself falling down the stairs. Then the home owner gets arrested for murder.
>>
>>46696919
This is also a thing that happened.
God, I love America.
>>
File: Citation Needed XKCD.png (29 KB, 300x163) Image search: [Google]
Citation Needed XKCD.png
29 KB, 300x163
>>46696943
Prove it.
>>
File: do not feed the DM.png (75 KB, 520x390) Image search: [Google]
do not feed the DM.png
75 KB, 520x390
Do not feed the DM
>>
>>46696957
I can't, the lawyer "lied".
In the case my story came from, the "burglar" was really just a high school student pulling a prank.
Have a nice day.
>>
>>46697030
Then fuck off. That shit never happened then.
>>
>>46697020
Ew...
>>
>>46692167
I would never pay for a GM.

I would gladly chip in for him to pay his share or just buy food for him.
>>
>>46697042
Woah, calm down buddy.
Did I hurt you? Better sue me.
Your lawyer might be able to cite a case that has nothing to do with lies on the internet, and win you some monies.
>>
>>46697030
Bodine v. Enterprise High School?
Yeah, that was stupid.
God, I hate kids.
>>
>>46696191
The shark is way overblown. It's not good but really doesn't have a flavor. Amonia smell is bad but the shark itself is just meh.

Durian tastes like an old gym sock full of spoiled cheese.
>>
>>46696957
Not him and the charge was bust due to lying but had actual consideration before this fact was known.
Also depending on the state if you assault the burglar you'll get assault charges no debating even if that means the burglar has to admit to burglary in the process.
You also can get a felony for attempted homicide if you shoot them before you are shot at and can prove after the fact the shot was in fact aimed at you with intent to harm, "warning shots" do not count as intent to harm as they were specifically meant to scare you though that brings up a myriad of lesser charged for the assaulter.
Welcome to america!
>>
>>46692184
Im thinking of becoming a supervillain, so thank you for reminding me these exist!
>>
>>46697020
Yum!
Who wants to play wobble girls
>>
>>46697020
Will she take dick for pizza?
>>
>>46700609
I imagine she'd do anything for a pizza.
>>
>>46700820
yisssss
>>
>>46694576
>metabolism
I fucking wish this meme would die.
Your metabolism is perfectly normal
Thread replies: 121
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.