[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MtG Stories: Kid edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: mtg-card-back.jpg (270 KB, 700x1000) Image search: [Google]
mtg-card-back.jpg
270 KB, 700x1000
Share with your fellow fa/tg/uys stories about MtG when you where a kid, THAT kid stories or anecdotes regarding MtG and the youngest players

>visit LGS for a FNM
>many players are parents and some usually bring their kids who are interested on the game to have a look and have a nice time
>this one kid has a budget control-ish deck that he likes to play against veterans when they're on a break, after they drop and such
>there's this really annoying twin player
>not a total asshole, but the kinda guy that likes talking shit when he wins and throwing fits when he loses
>tells kid if he wants to play during a break
>kid says yeah excitedly
>the game starts and the twin player goes all cocky
>letting himself get hit hard by the kid's creatures, and generally disregarding his lifecount
>lets his life drop real low
>tells the kid "it's over, I'm gonna combo"
>proceeds to combo
>"I attack you with everything, there are hundreds of creatures, you lost"
>"wait"
>kid casts Lethargy Trap and prevents the damage
>disgonbegood.jpg
>passes turn
>kid attacks with his creatures for lethal
>twin player scoops
>puts the deck on his bag and leaves the store

Gotta love when dickish players suffer the consequences
>>
What's up with some players loving the hell out of winning matches against kids?
>>
There is a 11 year old who plays at my FLGS who says some odd things. Most memorable quote from him, "I remember back when I was 8; playing drinking vodka, fucking bitches, and playing Yui-Gi-Oh."
>>
>>46687087
They're too awful to win games on an even footing so they prey on new players and people running on a budget. They usually end up winning most of these unfair games, so they throw a tantrum when they lose.

These people rank only slightly above those who trade shark kids on the terrible person spectrum.
>>
>>46687242

That's some next level bluffing right there
>>
>>46687242
That kid is a born hustler.
>>
>>46687323
He's a pretty cool kid. Doesn't play Yui-Gi-Oh anymore. Poor guy is trying to get into MTG Modern.
>>
>>46687374
RIP dad's wallet
>>
File: Selfless Cathar.jpg (149 KB, 480x680) Image search: [Google]
Selfless Cathar.jpg
149 KB, 480x680
Drafted for the first time 5 years ago.
First pack had a Delver and a foil Snapcaster.
I first picked pic related.
>>
>>46686945
>A kid makes me duel him in commander cause he was going to ick my ass
>He was using 5 colored allies
>I play Jhoira
>turn 5 i already obliterated and have it that betrays on the battlefield
>Ownerstore is mad at me for making kids cry in the store
>>
>>46686945
When I was a kid in middle school, some new kid got into magic and pulled some rare I really wanted. I ended up trading him some shitty common for it because he didn't understand rarity.

I gloated about it and he just gave me this look of defeat. I was walking home and felt bad about it.

I later saw him again in high school and apologized for being an asshole about it. He said he didn't even remember the trade and told me don't worry about it.
>>
File: 1430320974540.png (7 KB, 1200x492) Image search: [Google]
1430320974540.png
7 KB, 1200x492
>Have played MTG for the last 17 years
>occasionally go on 2-3 years hiatus
>Come back from one of these just in time for the SOI pre-release
>Go to LGS
>See a bunch of old faces as well as a bunch of new ones
>go 3-0 going into the final round
>opponent is one of the new faces there
>Hypes himself up as one of the best people at that shop despite only been playing for a year or two
>Talks to me as if I haven't played MTG before
>At the start actually says "I'll let the new guy go first. It won't matter"
>Owner of the store sitting next to him looks at him in disbelief before turning to me and saying "win in 2"
>I crush him in 2
>mfw
>>
>>46689455
Oh fuck
>>
>>46692404
but anon FNM is for kids and casuals and beginners

if you don't like playing against them then don't attend
>>
>>46693458
I need my weekly fix.

And besides, after the first round, it's alright.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.