[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What hand is most likely to beat AA?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: pocket-aces.jpg (39 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
pocket-aces.jpg
39 KB, 500x333
What hand is most likely to beat AA?
>>
>>46684882
King and Queen, suited, I believe.
>>
>>46684930
In a heads up situation shouldn't it be any suited connectors really
>>
>>46684930
Wouldn't it be King and Ace suited? Since that reduces the chance of another Ace turning up.
>>
>>46684949
But that also means you're dominated, no chance of making 2 pair to beat it, pretty sure that'd be worse

Random websites are saying 56 suited, as I expected
>>
>>46684882
J 10 suited is the strongest drawing hand. Any higher than that and you start getting fewer straight draws since 10 is the lowest card in an ace high straight. If we know that someone has aces, 9 10 suited becomes stronger since the odds of a third ace coming out are lower, and if it does he wins anyway if the table pairs.
>>
>>46684882
From my experience AA gets beat out by JJJ a lot.

>Trips in general just seem to show up when AA is around.
>>
>>46685245
Statistically speaking 10 9 off suit is the best hand to have in No Limit Hold Em / Limit Hold Em.

>10 9 off suit
>[6-7-8] / [J-Q-K]
>>
>>46685289
Why would off suit ever be better than suited? I'd never bet money on a flush with 4 cards of it on the table unless I had a face card.
>>
>>46685317
THe weakness is a board with no connectors [J] or [8]. I like to scare people away on top heavy boards [IE: J-J-K-K-?] AND IT WORKS WHEN YOU HAVE A REPUTATION FOR PLAYING STRONG HANDS.
>>
>>46684882
King and Ace
Blackjack
>>
>>46685401
I'm baffled. There's a possibility of a flush with a suited hand with J J K K on the table. There's no chance of a flush if your cards are off suit. Flushes are the only hands that care about suit. Given the choice between playing a suited hand and the same hand off suit, there's no possible reason to choose off suit over suited.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.