[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Zealot's Hardcore Civ Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 167
Thread images: 12
File: civ.jpg (3 MB, 2046x4091) Image search: [Google]
civ.jpg
3 MB, 2046x4091
Good afternoon mortals. Your wrathful god has returned, care to test your wits in my lands?

For those of you who have not played one of my civ threads, it runs very similar to a normal game with a few key differences

>All starting locations have a horrible twist
>If you poke the bear, you will be eaten - do not be upset by quick deaths

RULES
>Amount of votes depends on # of players - once we are more full I use the first to three votes rule
>Votes without names are not counted to prevent samefags

Testing the waters for interest, if it doesn't get popular I may try again later. For now lets see who shows up, and let the games begin.
>>
>>46677732
And no fucking insects
>>
>>46677732
Catfolk
Ruins
>>
Machines in ruins
>>
>>46677732
What about vamps in ruins? I think it could be interesting.
>>
>>46677732
Undead
Ruins
>>
>>46677857
>>46677874
name or votes don't count
>>
File: civ_chart.png (2 MB, 720x2259) Image search: [Google]
civ_chart.png
2 MB, 720x2259
>>46677732 >>46677744
>>46677792 >>46677832
>>46677857 >>46677874
Try this chart instead.
>>
Cyclopses in ruins
>>
We'll at least we know it's going to be in the ruins

I was going to suggest the machines be religious zealot of te almighty random number generator
>>
>>46677903
Take your memes and go home
>>
>>46677888
If you say so.
>>
>>46677916
Creativity isn't a meme.
>>
The indecisiveness of you creatures has always been a source of amusement for me. Have you truly not developed your hive-link yet?

Ruins it is.

Now get it together and vote your species.
>>
>>46677994
Undead
>>
>>46677984
Don't derail the thread. He picked the chart he wanted to use. Deal with it.
>>
>>46677994
Still going with Catfolk.
>>
Cyclopses
>>
>>46678018
Swapping vote to undead
>>
>>46678082
>>46678018
It is done. Now be still. Listen. Hear the whispers of your wretched origin.
>>
File: 1sc.png (208 KB, 621x599) Image search: [Google]
1sc.png
208 KB, 621x599
>>46677994 >>46678105

Skeletaurs
>>
File: image.jpg (67 KB, 540x810) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67 KB, 540x810
>>46678105
Is it ruinous?
>>
I like ruins, but I vote Gnolls.
>>
>>46678105
A lost mixed group of human and dwarves on a treasure hunting. They got infected with a rare type of fever and died. Their leader a cleric, Daniel, was the first to raise up.
>>
>>46678180
Forgot my name.
>>
>>46678105
It started with honor.

But then again these things always do.

Disease, aging, death. The great adversary of mortality. Any being with soul strives to best these devices, some succeed.

Once the greatest city in the known world, Aoen’kjar towered above the surrounding countryside - some say from its tallest magetowers you could see the shores of the far off Boiling Sea. It was a peaceful time, the beasts of the world dealt with and the Red Orcs driven back off the planet. But the king was old, and he had no sons. So he did what all mortals would do with infinite “power” at their disposal - began the search for immortality. He would find it.

The tome was discovered only two short years after he began his search, by an overachieving group of students from a local mage college. They all perished upon attempting to read its contents. The tome was of the old gods, my own master has had some work in its writings. It details the fabric of creation, at least as far as that realm was concerned.

It would take the kingdom nearly a decade to manage to gaze upon the pages without having the reader's soul wrenched from their corpse. Though, the people of this land ruled their planet for a reason - and within three months from that point had translated the entire first chapter. But by this time, the king was at his deathbed and they needed to act fast.

The colleges protested, and were swiftly silenced. Magic became strictly for the government. Many were killed. The king grew more and more impatient, and eventually demanded action. They had learned enough by this point to know that you could siphon one's soul to extend the life of another, and executed this on the grand scale. However, they vastly underestimated the range of the effects. The city was ruined, anything living died in the most horrible way imaginable. Except the king. He sat on his throne for millenniums, made a few attempts at world domination, and was ultimately slain by a group of heroes.
>>
File: image.jpg (172 KB, 703x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
172 KB, 703x1000
More random undead pics from my phone
>>
>>46678508

They too failed to understand the consequences of their actions, as all the souls the king had taken went right back to their owners. Or in this case their owners corpses.

-Is that sunlight? It feels like I’ve been sleeping for years-

Your people rise - only to find themselves rotten and ancient. The heroes are quite shocked, and have begun slaughtering all who are misfortunate to enough to be nearby them

>STATS

>POP: 150,000 undead
>TECH: Its all gone
>GEAR: I hope you like dust and rocks
>MAGIC: Cloudy heads are not the best at this
>FOOD: Do we even eat?
>HEROES: I think those are the other guys
>LOOT: Better get looking
>>
>>46678579
150k pop, holy shit.

ok, my vote is build a home base, let's do it dwarf style and dig a hole in the nearest mountain
>>
>>46678579
Let's start cleaning up the place.
>>
>>46678671
>>46678677

Oh nameless fools... do you intend to begin construction while the heroes are slaughtering you?
>>
>>46678579
Get away from them fucking murderhobos, I say
>>
>>46678579
Quickly, well, as quickly as a newly undead can, I'd search for cover, away from the heroes slaughtering the poor undead.
>>
>>46678579
Call the city gaurds to detain the heros (I hope they know how to kick and bite because their weapons as long gone ) and swarm them

Did the city have any dojos? Martial
>>
>>46678677
>>46678695
Then slaughter the fools and make them one of us.
>>
>>46678695
yes. also I decided to vote before I read the previous posts.

shame on me.

how does our control of our people work? hive mind?
>>
>>46678700
Please review the very short list of rules in the OP
>>
Swarm the heroes and kill them with a mass of bodies. Feel the fury of the horde.
>>
>>46678727
More that it's a city if indictable who are all dead

Dead baker Joe
Moaning bones Murphy
Dead drunk Williams
>>
>>46678753
seconded
>>
>>46678753
I do love killing. Killing it is. Best let those fleshy bastards in the outside world know where we really stand!
>>
>>46678579
Flee, you fools! The murderous hobos descend upon us!
>>
wait, can our people talk?
>>
You rush them. I can’t say they never saw it coming, or that it was a particularly clever plan - but it was effective. They hold off for a few days in the crypts but infighting amongst them led to their healer leaving the group - and being promptly beat to death. They succumbed to the hordes only a few hours later.

>STATS

>POP: 120,000 undead
>TECH:
>GEAR:
>MAGIC:
>FOOD:
>HEROES:
>LOOT: Misc magical hero gear. It’s all heavy and this stick keeps incinerating people, a lot of the horde want the gear tossed into a large crevasse discovered in the center of the city.
>QUIRKS: Magic Paranoia

>>46678810
You have damaged vocal cords, and speak an thousands of years old dead language - so in an optimistic sense, yes.
>>
>>46678906
excellent. uh, so how many heroes do we have now?

also, I suggest we fashion tools, weapons, and then armor from erm... bone?
>>
>>46678935
blank means 0
>>
>>46678906
Throw the magic stuff out. Assess the ruins of our once proud city, and consider making some sort of ramshackle fortifications in a (relatively speaking) easily defensible area.
>>
>>46678952
ah, well i was hoping the heroes we slew might have risen as powerful as they fell. I guess dying does kind of fuck up your ability to be a hero.
>>
Can we use the bones of our fallen undead as rudimentary spikes to act as barricades whilst we figure out who's a mindless undead and who's in charge?
>>
>>46678935
I would also like to keep the magic stuff, it may be dangerous but that clearly hasn't stopped us before. If we have anybody who wants to be test subjects to figure it out, that would be excellent.

we have one resource, and a hell of a lot of it. men!
>>
Rolled 28 (1d100)

>>46678976
>>46679007
You've got the manpower to build a 20 foot high debris wall around the whole damn city if you can organize it

>>46679032
>>46678976
rolling for this
>>
>>46678906
Those magical trinkets and whatnot should be sealed of somewhere safe, but not outright thrown away! Who know when it could come to use?
Alas, out priorites now should lie elsewhere. We need a leader, someone who can stand tall in this changed world.
>>
>>46679124
Magic items are kept, and buried in the crypts to ease the tensions among the horde.
>>
I'll try to gather enough of us to start building defenses, if the others want to deal with leadership and storage of the looted gear. Also, whilst, hopefully, building the defenses, gonna be keeping a lookout for anything from before we all become undead.
>>
We (hopefully) are mostly unknown as of right now. I recommend arming ourselves and sending out scouting parties to identify nearby towns from afar. our old maps probably aren't too accurate
>>
File: ruins.jpg (71 KB, 640x476) Image search: [Google]
ruins.jpg
71 KB, 640x476
A funeral was held in a far off land for the heroes on this day. As far as anyone outside knows, the old king still lives.

The hordes shuffle about, unsure and confused in the ruins of their former city. Some construct a wall, others simply mill about grieving over their old lives. In the end you manage to construct a good wall of stone and bone - spiked and roughly ten feet tall, it will keep anything small out of our city. While exploring the ruins various old weapons are found - dusty and dull, but they do the trick

>STATS

>POP: 100,000 undead 20,000 undead militia
>TECH:
>GEAR:
>STRUCTURES: Walls
>MAGIC:
>GOVERNMENT: Chaos
>HEROES:
>LOOT: Misc magical hero gear. (Sealed Up)
>>
>>46679308
Election time, or perhaps a fight to the death to decide who will become the next top mod... warchief
>>
>>46679308
the wall just got 10 feet higher.

I'm going to take "government: chaos" as a hint. if we want to get shit done we need a system stat. Is there one among us to be our voice, somebody well respected and remembered in life?
>>
>>46679263
>>46679308
Now that the perimeter is established, we can start working on a command structure. I'd say let the undead military commanders take lead for a bit, we'd just need to corral up the population and institute the chain of command.
>>
>>46679342
Election time is seconded. We need to become organized.
>>
>>46679367
vote for members of military to lead. they're probably our best bet. Skellies of all races do not need a man of the people, they need one guy whose got their shit together
>>
>>46679367
>>46679366
>>46679342

Decide
>Military Leadership
>Ex-Government Mage Council
>I'm the biggest and I weigh the most!
>>
>>46679399
Military chain of command.
>>
>>46679399
dickbutt switches his vote to military leadership
>>
>>46679399
>Military leadership
Discipline is the way to go
>>
>>46679399
Military. It's the mages that got us into this shit.
>>
File: titus.jpg (450 KB, 1280x1537) Image search: [Google]
titus.jpg
450 KB, 1280x1537
>>46679463
With a bit of a militia forming, and walls constructed this place was beginning to feel like a city again, and a city needs a ruler. Given that the militia were the ones with the swords and armor, they quickly routed and took over. Their leader - a decorated war hero, a once massive man - Titus “Orc-Wrestler” Kor’luun still impressed as a corpse. Standing nearly seven feet tall with a good “my spine is rotting” slouch added in, he would rule the horde with an iron fist. Turns out that’s just what they needed. (+100% Production Rate)

>STATS

>POP: 100,000 undead 20,000 undead militia
>TECH:
>GEAR:
>STRUCTURES: Walls
>MAGIC:
>GOVERNMENT: Military
>HEROES: High General Titus Kor’luun
>>
>>46679529
Have the militia gather volunteers to test the limits of our undead vulnerability. See just how much damge we can before becoming inert, and then see if it's possible to reconstruct the inert undead and give it new life.
>>
>>46679529
I like this guy already, he can turn our boys into men. I'd like to start a military academy for training our militia, but first let's do:
>>46679559
how many punches does it take to kill a man?

question: what kind of undead do we have, zombros, skellies, a mix?
question2: what can we turn, just humans, humanoids, birds and deer, minimum biomass?
>>
>>46679529
With the military in power there is only one thing to do. Consolidate that power, and to do that we need gear. There should be atleast some blacksmiths out there, perhaps an old smithy that could be fixed up and the necessary resources to get things rolling.
>>
>>46679559
The Old Tome had once given us this power to mend, but the ways are long forgotten.
>>
>>46679579
>>46679599
So, shall we have a small detachment of militia working on testing the limits of our new selves, while another detachment looks for the necessary equipment to arm our warriors and to produce said armaments, while the rest of the militia keeps the peace?
>>
>>46679579
You can turn nothing, at one point the Tome taught us this power - now forgotten. Depending on where the corpses were left to lie and rot - you've got mummies, skeletons, and everything in between.
>>
>>46679599
Building off of the idea of repairing a smithy, I say we do general repairs to the city infrastructure. Obviously, we don't need to care about farms or anything, but we don't just need blacksmiths. We'll also need other goods; things made from wood, for instance. Maybe we can also refurbish stuff, instead of having to make new stuff. Might be easier.
>>
>>46679638
this sounds good.
>>46679667
we should gather the dead bodies of the heros, they could be useful if we figure out how to turn them and they aren't too salty about us murdering them.
>>
>>46679680
I second this motion.
>>
File: oldcitadel.jpg (36 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
oldcitadel.jpg
36 KB, 1280x720
With a leader installed, albeit an exceedingly anti-magic one - things really start to get done. Smiths, mills, and other general industry comes back online at an incredible rate. This is shaping up into a real citadel. And the world is beginning to notice.

-You’ve heard the tales then. The Old Citadel, coming back to life. Corpses walking. Fires. I didn’t believe it myself, but I was on a ship crossing Wyrm-Throat at night in the Boiling Sea - Saw the fires meself, can practically hear the bastards hammering out iron. The Old King is at it again, I can feel it in my bones.-

>STATS

>POP: 40,000 undead 80,000 undead soldiers
>TECH: Iron Industry, Woodworking (No wood in the city)
>GEAR:
>STRUCTURES: Walls, General Industry
>MAGIC:
>QUIRKS: Extreme Magic Paranoia
>>
>>46679836
Since we don't have any wood in the town, how about we scout out some wood sources? For that matter, maybe we should send scouts out in general, get a feel for what our surroundings are like.
>>
>>46679888
I second scouts but think our main focus should be on military training for our soldiers. let's get practicing our defensive strategy, seeing as our mere presence offends most sane men.
>>
>>46679836
We need resources and we need to know what the world has become. Scouts should be sent out to find and find out.
>>
>>46679836
>>46679888
>>46679980
>>46680039
While we definitely should train our army, and scout the surrounding countryside, I also put forth the motion of sending emmissaries to various races to see if we have any chances of forming alliances, even if it means becoming mercs.
>>
>>46680079
We must choose such diplomats very carefully. There is great risk involved in such a move, and I fear we will only provoke other groups without a serious showing of friendship and non-hostility.
>>
>>46680079
Diplomacy should wait. We should have fancy stuff to give them first.
>>
You send a small party of undead, lightly armed and packed as to be able to move quickly. They report back mostly unharmed, one lost a rotted leg along the way and was summarily executed and left behind. The findings are thus (feel free to make primitive maps)

>One kilometer ring around the Old Citadel of corpses and desolate land, reminders of battles old
>Three nearby towns to the North, mixed race
>One large city in the center of those towns
>A few miles of plain to the south and then rough seas
>West is hilly with some woods, ultimately ending in a peninsula
>East is large mountains, leading into the main landmass of the continent

>STATS

>POP: 40,000 undead 80,000 undead soldiers
>GEAR:
>MAGIC:
>>
>>46680173
Also, of minor detail - the crypt where the heroes gear is located is found open and empty.
>>
>>46680120
>>46680130
We'll see about scrounging up some nice looking robes, doll up our diplomats, as to what we can give them, we have a couplet hpusand undead troops that we can use as sell-swords. Also, we may need to reevaluate our stance on magic, as it seems to be the only way we can produce more undead.
>>46680198
And now we have a thief to catch.
>>
Rolled 38 (1d100)

>>46680219
Indeed you do
>>
>>46680173
Start gathering wood. Investigate the mountains in more detail.
>>
>>46680247
And it doesn't take long at all. A small group of undead mages, ex-government types are discovered in the ruins of an old mage tower - experimenting on the gear.
>>
>>46680173
A theif! This means our soldiers are neither numerous nor vigilant or trained enough. This needs to change.
The nearby people seem interesting, but before we try diplomacy with them we need to give them a reason to want to talk to us, say stronger army and industry. Overwhelming force.
>>
>>46680219
Well, the thief didn't die, so he knows his shit. I recommend we allow him a title or an item if he returns the items and provides information on their function. After testing, present the safest and most powerful one to Titus, in order to dissuade his magic paranoia, and hopefully our nations.
>>
>>46680173
I'd like to send about 5-10 of our most articulate undead, wearing as much white as they can, even waving a white flag to cities of the north. They will wait for contact, hopefully peaceful, and then communicate that we are independent from the dead king, and wish to co-exist. Should they be engaged, they will retreat without retaliation.
>>
>>46680294
Well, if that's all it is... hmm. We can't just let them be all clandestine, but obviously, we're going to need their skills. Maybe kill one as punishment for their sneakery, and recruit the rest into a special magic task force?
>>
>>46680306
I second this.
>>
>>46680294
Ok, formal plan: allow the undead mages free reign over magic gear, but ask what they intend to do with it. steer them towards industrial and defensive applications, i mean they're already immortal. We need them under control.
>>
>>46680375
>>46680363
I like these options, not too sold on the idea of letting them be a special task force, seems to grant them too much leeway, not sure we can trust them that much just yet.
>>
>>46680363
>>46680375
Spare the magi is the consensus then?
>>
>>46680414
Seems to be that way, but we're putting them on a tight leash for now.
>>
>>46680414
That's what it seems like.
>>
>>46680414
i vote no killing. They didn't want to steal shit to wreck our progress, and they have no friends. they just didn't want to let the magic go to waste, ignored in the crypt.
>>
>>46680414
For now, they better produce results or that could change.
>>
Also, as a sign of good faith, we can return the bodies of the dead adventures to try and make amends.
>>
>>46680479
nah, let's pretend we had nothing to do with that. no reason to remind them... plus they'll wonder where the items got off too. plus hero corpses
>>
File: burning.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1051) Image search: [Google]
burning.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1051
The magi are allowed to live, and continue research. The public is furious, as well as many members of the military. Riots break out, in which the magi are hung in the streets and the items tossed into the abyss. Titus, quite furious with the disorder, crushes the rioters totally with his forces. It’s a slaughter.

>STATS

>POP: 10,000 undead 80,000 undead soldiers
>GEAR:
>MAGIC:
>>
>>46680512
when you say hung in the streets... is that a euphemism or literal?

fuck. that's not what i wanted to happen. that's not what i wanted to happen at all.

continue as planned with diplomacy. we need a plan to introduce magic into our civilization.
>>
>>46680512
Well... Shit. If we forge diplomatic relations with high-magic races, maybe we can slowly ease the populace into becoming tolerant of magic.
>>
>>46680563
good idea, this is an excellent move for the future, they're graveyards will be full of excellent wizards for our own nation.
>>
>>46680512
Total discipline! We need strong, loyal soldiers to keep the order.
A policing force of the strongest and best equipped among us that bears the responsibilty of our cities safety. An elite order of knights.
>>
>>46680554
I told you guys to kill one of them as a sacrificial lamb. Shit. And at this rate, dickbutt, we'll never get magic introduced. We need it to not even be on the back burner right now.
>>
>>46680554
By "hung in the streets" I mean dismembered, burned, and the charred bits hung from arches and whatnot. The undead really know how to riot.
>>
>>46680579
>>46680582
>>46680583
So, we need to set up an internal policing unit of elite undead, we need to establish diplomacy with a magic using race, and we still need wood. Which one should we tackle first? I vote elite knights.
>>
>>46680586
ahh, so close
>>46680583
I concede, any number of magi is better than charred magi-bits. still, I think high magic races are more likely to accept us, the coalition of weird fuckers we are. Also I recomend we send only skeletons. keep it to one undead race, avoid showing too much right now, and just one type of undead will be easier for humanoids to cope with.
>>
>>46680624
Police force 1st choice, then magic, then wood
>>
>>46680664
Second the motion.
>>
The riots served two purposes really, killing some semi-innocent undead - and really pissing Titus off.

Thus the Dreadnaughts were formed. An elite troop of undead, very well armed and armored - a Gestapo of sorts really. They served to patrol the city, enforcing order and ensuring everyone was working - all the time. It is effective, though after the riot you're standing army vastly outnumbers your industry force. To combat this the lower ranks of the military are conscripted into industrial labour in their off duty. (+50% production rate) (-20% combat effectiveness)

>STATS

>POP: 10,000 undead 75,000 undead soldiers 5,000 Dreadnaughts
>GEAR:
>MAGIC:
>GOVERNMENT: Military Dictatorship
>>
>>46680664
Police, wood, NO MAGIC. Our people are too worked up about it. It needs to be shelved for now.
>>
>>46680789
Ok, let's guage the room on diplomacy for our next action.

Yes, let's go make friends with the nearest magic group

yes, but fuck those magic guys

no, fuck diplomacy we can do it all by ourselves.

I want diplomacy with wizzerds
>>
guys guys how can we die again as being undead?
we need to replenish/increase the population, one of the way is magic?
>>
>>46680777
>>46680789
Well, now that we have the gestapo, let's focus on production, in the meantime, we should start training some of the dreadnoughts to blend in with the common folk, so they can start process of convincing the general population that we need magic to continue, since we've no other means to reproduce.
>>
>>46680840
I say we try diplomacy, but with one of the races that is very low magic, like primitive shamanism.
>>
>>46680884
It should be known that Titus really resents magic, with him in power it will be difficult to get traction towards anything in that direction.
>>
>>46680913
So we need a coup, maybe from within the dreadnoughts? Any thoughts?
>>
First of all we need to know the might of our neighbours, if they don't like us will they just send a huge army to crush us? Or will they send powerfull massmurdering "heroes?
What are their weaknesses? Trade supplies they lack?
Either way we need to know before we try to negotiate.
>>
>>46680933
a coup can wait, titus is keeping order and we need a better foundation. diplomacy!
>>
>>46680933
I'll only say it one more time. Magic goes on the shelf FOR NOW. We do it LATER. Shit. People are too worked up. If we keep focusing on it, we're just going to rip ourselves apart with riots.
>>
So whats the grand scheme, mortals?
>>
Rolled 64, 33, 89 = 186 (3d100)

>>46681013
>>
>>46680937
>>46680960
>>46680977
Then my vote is diplomacy with a low-level race. Send a few emissaries in none threatening garb, waving a white flag to show that we wish only to communicate. I'm also still for offering some of our own militia as mercs.
>>
>>46680977
I agree, no one seems to like magic and we need the Dreadnaughts loyal to the High General
>>
>>46681041
bu..but how can we communicate/talk?
>>
>>46681041
yes diplomacy, but I'm against making us a militia. We may have many men but no way to make more!
>>
>>46681070
The nameless fool oft speaks the most blatant truth
>>
>>46681070
Some of still seem to be able to speak, we send them.
>>46681074
But we really don't seem to have much else to offer, unless we can claim those woods and try to monopolize lumber.
>>
>>46678906
>>46681070
>>46681094

right. I asked this question earlier, and promptly forgot we have a dead language. That means diplomacy is going to be very hard. I think we should send a few skellies, carefully, from a direction other than our home base, and attempt to integrate them into society. a white flag, no weapons, and hands up may get us mercy somewhere.
>>
>>46681160
semi-rotting mute to blend-in?
>>
>>46681160
I will second this, we should also prepare a written statement, since it's easier for linguists to decipher the written word.
>>
>>46681183
not blend in, i meant "integrate" in a literal sense. learning the language, becoming a member of their society and learning their ways, and generally making us look good.
>>
>>46681160
We should investigate the mountains. Maybe we can find shinies.
>>
>>46681213
good idea, but after diplomacy. mining is a good job for a mindless, untiring people
>>
>>46681206
how can we be accepted?

>>46681245
we undead drawf now
>>
>>46681270
We could take up manual labor positions that pose a great risk to living beings, such as bodily dismemberment.
>>
>>46681206
If we want to learn their language, we can just wait for and capture the inevetible invaders that will come.
>>
>>46681304
We need to make first contact, and make it right; there will likely be large loss of life if they find us first.
>>46681294
fair idea, worth considering if we can get'sd it in with the humanfolks
>>
>>46681304
seem more possible
>>
>>46681366
we alien now? maybe we could capture someone living first, then turn him into like diplomat and accompany some of the living looking undead for diplomacy
>>
>>46681405
I'm good with either, but let's not fuck this up.

looking forward to see this thread again soon.
>>
File: fort.jpg (175 KB, 1024x580) Image search: [Google]
fort.jpg
175 KB, 1024x580
You write down a statement in your language explaining your intentions of peace, and send three undead in white robes and banners bearing the note off to the nearest town. It goes a bit off the rails at first as people run in fear, but after ten hours of you standing in their courtyard with your hands up someone took the note and ran. An elderly man in a floppy hat approaches to translate, along with some militiamen and what you assume is the town leader. After hearing your diplomats out - he shakes his head sadly “If what you say is true, and the Old King is dead - No.. I fear it will not matter. Do you see that great fortress?” He points a long crooked finger at the massive fort in the distance. “That fortress was built over a hundred years ago by the Holy Order of the Third King with the express purpose of ensuring the Old King’s armies would be decimated immediately upon rising - to prevent a fourth threatening of our land.”

“Look - even now they prepare the Purifier to cleanse your fortress. No mortal man alive today has been in this land long enough to remember it’s last use.” As you gaze into the distance you can see a bright beacon, gleaming stark white in the highest tower of the massive fortress.

“I fear you may not last another night. You must go now, before one of the Order sees you here and puts us all to the sword!”

Your diplomats are hurried off back into the fading sunset, back to the Old Citadel.

>STATS

>GEAR:
>MAGIC:
>>
>>46681511
Well, fuck. I have no clue what to do at this point. Maybe we should make a surprise attack, and slaughter the Order?
>>
>>46681511
Quick! Everyone play dead!
>>
>>46681511
We must destroy the order. NOW.
>>
>>46681511
Well, it went better than expected, but worse than hoped.
>>46681566
I'd suggest trying to send a small detachment of Dreadnaughts to the woods so that in the event of all the undead in the ruins being vanquished, we have a small force that can carry on.
>>46681582
Very tempting.
>>46681623
This is my second vote, a preemptive strike against the order, and only the order, need to keep civilian casualties to a minimum.
>>
The diplomats had only just started to spread the news when it happened. First the ground started to shake, and an odor that can only be described as death itself wafted up from deep in the chasm that gouged the Old Citadel into two.

Your forces were just leaving the gates to attack the Order -

Then it rose. A horror unlike any this realm has ever seen slunk from the depths that day, born in old magic and evil rune.

And then it went. It carved across the land in seconds, tearing a massive hole in our wall on its way out - there were screams, a great flash of light, and the Purifier was no more.

It flew back over the castle, and then vaporized into black biomass and old cavern stone. As the rocks rained from the sky so did a particular book - ancient and old it landed on the cobble streets downtown with a leathery thump.

It seems something old has taken an interest in you. Tread softly.

>STATS

>GEAR:
>MAGIC:
>LOOT: Misc magical hero gear. Yaruk’nomicon (Old Tome)
>>
>>46681842
Start worshipping it.
>>
>>46681897
Agreed. Gather the old cavern stones, use it to build a church/altar sort of deal, and enshrine the book.
>>
>>46681897
Maybe the book just wants to protect itself...

Your guess is as good as mine here, that tome is much older than I
>>
>>46681842
Have the nerdiest, and most loyal, nerd read that book. We multipling now.
We should also send some soldiers to make sure every single member of the order is dead.
>>
>>46681972
>We should also send some soldiers to make sure every single member of the order is dead.
And scavenge anything good from the place, too.
>>
You send a detachment to the fortress, along the way you find the village you encountered earlier largely destroyed - except for a small section of the town surrounded by some sort of forcefield emitting from the local mage tower. The fortress was much worse off. The main tower was missing its entire upper half, the whole top section still radiating eldritch evil. Those who survived were probably worse off - as it seemed they had all been blinded, all of their eyes milky white. They stared blankly at walls or simply lay down in the street. They don’t seem to put up a fight when a soldier kills one of them, in fact some of them are actively killing themselves in front of the detachment. None of the huskpeople encountered resemble soldiers, and there are no corpses to be found. The armory is looted, but most of the gear is gone with the corpses.

>STATS

>GEAR: Leftover Paladin Equipment (Some of these burn)
>MAGIC:
>>
>>46681972
Anyone who opens the book immediately has whats left of their soul torn from their rotting corpse, and absorbed into the tome.
>>
>>46682164
>>46681928
>>
>>46682164
We should probably see if those mages are friends or foes. Either way they could make great.... servants/captives. Perhaps they know how to read books.
>>
>>46682164
Build a church for the Old One.
>>
>>46682244
I had simply assumed that happened roughly four seconds after the book hit the pavement. That's how it worked with the Bible.
>>
>>46682284
Okay.

>>46682273
Extreme Magic Paranoia, friendo. Let's hold off for now.
>>
>>46682164
Ask if this monster has wisdom "he" can spare.
>>
Well, you've got the Tome - and a corresponding church. Though sunday readings have a 100% fatality rate for pastors - people are at least scared of it. And in Titus' society, scared is good. The Tome is quickly claimed as a symbol of power, and he wears it at all times tied to his belt. Thus the church of the Tome became the "Church of Titus and the Tome" with Titus as the new head of Religion. And in strange fashion it serves to cement his power. (+%1000 Loyalty)

>GEAR: Leftover Paladin Equipment (Some of these burn)
>MAGIC:
>HEROES: ALL GLORY TO TITUS
>QUIRKS: Extreme Magic Paranoia, God-King
>>
>>46682434
It would seem you are the biggest kingdom in the land now - but how will you use your influence?

I'm stopping here as its died down a bit - I'll be around to answer any story/other questions for a bit.
Thread replies: 167
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.