[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Spacer Quest - Prologue
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
Rolled 59 (1d100)

I'm sorry if I'm slow or if the writing's sub-par. I haven't done this in a year.

You've been waiting in the Varopu for forty-five minutes, now.

The camera feed from a wall-mounted monitor displays the twinkling lights of the space station in a hazy light. The hiss of compressed air, not-quite-whisper-soft and smelling faintly of motor oil, fills up the room. From outside your meager cabin room's door, you can hear the croaking, barking, beeping noises of the other passengers as they slowly file themselves into the ship. Their destination? Unknown. For all you know, they could be heading to the edge of the universe. Right now, that's not exactly your concern.

What IS your concern is the delay in the departure of your ship. There should have been nothing but folded space in this part of the station, but delay after delay meant that you had to sit there, counting the seconds on the monitor. It didn't help that a cheery, pre-recorded message within the ship kept telling you all about how Captain Whatshisname was sorry for the delay, and something about crossed wires and checkpoints. What mattered to you, at this moment, was that you were delayed.

Well, at least the delay was almost over.

[1/2]
>>
>>46676928
Well, it doesn't seem like there's any point in being bored for this. Looking around your cramped space, you choose to hand your attention to...

>Your trusty companion; a tiny little robot companion that's been with you since the beginning. (You choose to be a drifter.)

>Your handcuffs; you're sure that you can get 'em off, this time. Just a few more tries at the locking system... (You're an outlaw, now.)

>Your family seal; ever since you got on the Varopu, you've been holding onto it for good luck. (You're a noble of high birth.)
>>
>>46677118
>Your family seal; ever since you got on the Varopu, you've been holding onto it for good luck. (You're a noble of high birth.)
Looks like our House has fallen on hard times, if our accommodations are any indication.
>>
>>46677201
Per'aps. Per'aps not.

I'll do the first three votes, for now. Or five. Depending on how things go.
>>
>>46677118
>Your trusty companion; a tiny little robot companion that's been with you since the beginning. (You choose to be a drifter.)

You can't take the sky from me
>>
Rolled 2 (1d2)

>>46677312
>>46677201
Well, I can't say I didn't expect this on a Thursday.

1 is for a noble birth
2 is for the life of a drifter.
>>
File: tumblr_nnozy428651slr6aoo1_500.jpg (80 KB, 500x652) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nnozy428651slr6aoo1_500.jpg
80 KB, 500x652
>>46677567
Illuminated by the dim glow of the monitor, your trusty companion flits around you. The little junker's been around you for many a solar cycle, helping you get both in and out of trouble through the various tweaks you've given it. You hold a gloved hand out to the bot, watching it hover over to you.

The little junker - whose name eludes you, for some reason - has pieces of scrap from all over the galaxy. Some of the parts are from daring capers involving runaway grav-rail trains and rare metals worth top data to the right buyer; other parts are from simple repair jobs that you've done to get you from point A to point B. The corners of your lips curl up in a smile, hidden from view by the metal mask you've chosen to wear for the duration of this flight.

Speaking of this flight... shouldn't it be taking off by now? You've had your fill of the planet below, and you're itching to get back to the stars. "Hey, hook up with the monitor and tell me what's up, little guy." You murmur.

The robot blips and bloops, shooting a connector cord into the monitor...

>Where are you headed, again?

>B-0I-3, a solar system affectionately called "Bob". There's rumors of some crashed derelicts hovering in Bob that contain valuable loot...

>The Stygian Cluster, on the fringes of the known capital. You've got some heat on you, and it's high time you laid low for a while.

>Al Hamad, the home of the Voidreaders. A recent disaster has made the system good pickings for bandits, which means you'll have some honest work to do.

>Somewhere else? [Write in what you'd like to do.]

>Also, please suggest a name for our little junker. Roll 1d100. Highest roll gets their name picked.
>>
If this doesn't work out, I'll just try again on Saturday.
>>
>>46678170
>Bob
How about we name the little guy Buzz?
>>
Rolled 78 (1d100)

>>46678352
Fuck
>>
Rolled 33 (1d100)

>>46677908
>B-0I-3, a solar system affectionately called "Bob". There's rumors of some crashed derelicts hovering in Bob that contain valuable loot...

I like Buzz for the name
>>
>>46677908
Always liked the simplicity of anything called Bob so let's go there. Also I like buzz as well
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.