[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The last Malal thread that was started died before picking up.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: Greater Daemon of Malal.jpg (78 KB, 640x482) Image search: [Google]
Greater Daemon of Malal.jpg
78 KB, 640x482
The last Malal thread that was started died before picking up. Let's try again. I'll start with the Warlord Traits:
>Master of the Warp Path: Even the most chaotic Warp Storms can be stilled by this Daemon, allowing itself or its forces to appear exactly where they wish. Before deployment, the Warlord may nominate up to three friendly units with the Daemon of Malal special rule. Those units Deep Strike on turn 1 without scattering.
>Destroyer: This Daemons mere presence threatens to unwind reality. The Warlord has the Smash special rule. If he already does have Smash, his Smash attacks are resolved at Strength D.
>Scourer: This Daemon is completely dedicated to ensuring that nothing but featureless wastelands are left in its wake. Any Blast weapon fired by the Warlord has its size increased by one step (Blasts become Large Blasts, Large Blasts becomes Massive Blasts, Massive Blasts become Apocalyptic Blasts) and Template weapons fired by the Warlord gain the Torrent special rule or use the Hellstorm template and lose Torrent if the weapon already has it.
>Devourer of Warp-Horrors: The Warp-spawned Horrors that attempt to take advantage of the lapses in concentration of this daemon or its followers will find themselves dragged into its gaping maw instead. As long as the Warlord remains alive, all friendly units with the Daemon of Malal special rule treat any roll on the Perils of the Warp table as a Warp Surge result and apply it to the Warlord instead of to themselves.
>The Warlord and friendly units within 12' can run and declare assault on the same turn.
>Unmaker of the Mind: The Daemon causes even the strongest of wills to become brittle. The Warlords Fear special rule cannot be ignored. If a unit that cannot ignore Fear tests is forced to take a Fear test by the Warlord then it suffers a -1 leadership penalty to that test.

The 5th warlord trait might need to be changed because it encroaches on one of Slaanesh's Warlord traits.
>>
We also need to come up with a set of relics and two new psychic powers for the discipline of Anarchy.

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Malal_Daemonkin
>>
>>46675593
i think for relics we should have 2 purely offensive 2 purely defensive and 2 supporting this should give malal players a bit of veraity as to what they want there hq's to be doing
>>
>>46675593
The classic Malal weapon is an axe that ignores invulnerable saves. I can't remember if it was also a power weapon.

Maybe it can be an axe with rending and which ignores invulnerable saves.

Bringing back the Kai gun would be fun too.

It would be interesting to have a relic that represents trophies taken from champions of other chaos gods. Not sure how best to work it, though. Maybe it randomly gives one of the other 4 mark benefits every turn?
>>
>>46675593
OP here. I've come up with another Anarchy psychic power:
>Absorption: Warp Charge 1. The psyker takes a deep breath, inhaling both air and the Motive Force of those before him. Absorption is a Witchfire psychic power with the following profile: Template S6 AP4 Assault 1, Rending. If an enemy unit suffers a wound or loses a Hull Point from this power then the psyker regains a wound. This can take it above its default wounds value.
>>46677862
That classic axe is already represented in a special character (check the discussion page). Bringing back the Kai gun would be fun but unfortunately Daemons aren't known for using guns unless they are inside a daemon engine. I love the item that gives a random mark benefit each turn.
>>
>>46678259
Roll D6:
1. Choose 2, 3, 4, or 5
2: Mark of Nurgle & Fear
3: Mark of Khorne & Furious Charge
4: Mark of Slaanesh & FNP
5: Mark of Tzeentch & ajsldkgfs
6: +1 to S, WS, and Attacks

re-roll at start of each game turn
>>
>>46678368
That's great, but I would replace it with the Daemon of ________ special rule since these relics will be for daemons. All that's needed is a fluff description.
>>
>>46678500
Ah, I was confused by the Daemonkin bit in the name. I assumed CSMs were included.

Shows me for not reading.
>>
>>46675555
Speaking of encroaching on Slaanesh, why does their Daemon trait give Rending? That's Slaanesh's shtick.
>>
>>46678535
The page name is an artifact title because it was named that based on the Khorne Daemonkin book and with the expectation that Tzeentch, Nurgle and Slaanesh would get their own but so far only Khorne has gotten it. It's meant for Malal in general.
>>46678616
It's the mark that does that, not the daemon trait. Rending is fitting for CSM because it makes their units a lot better at killing.
>>
Those traits are some horse shit
>>
>>46678765
Can we have some advice to make those traits better?
>>
>>46678652
I think Shred might be a better choice then Rending. Its easier to account for and won't get as mixed up with Slaanesh.

Makes them better at wounding things without AP 2 everywhere
>>
>>46675555
Maybe the 5th trait could be replaced with:
>The Warlord and all friendly units with the Daemon of Malal special rule within 11" gain the Shred special rule.
All that would be left is a name and fluff.
>>46678943
Shred is already covered by an icon for Chaos Space Marines.
>>
>>46678991
Wait, so the Mark gives Rending, and the Icon gives Shred?

That seems really backwards to me.
>>
>>46675555
Why is a Greater Daemon of Malal just an oversized Bloodletter with a Daemonette for a tail?
>>
Favored Enemy: Chaos Daemons?
>>
Bumpity Bumpity Bump Bump Bump.
>>
>A whole thread about a fanfic character.
>>
>>46678765
>>46678900
>>46675555
Overall I think the traits are fine.

Master of the Warp Path is about on par with that one trait that allows you to infiltrate 3 units. It's a bit better in some ways, since it can get closer.

Destroyer is somewhat meh. Giving Smash to a Herald or the like is kind of neat, but without the AP 2 of an MC it's less reliable at taking out tanks or characters. An MC getting a Strength D smash is interesting, but it's still rather limited in its applications. That said, I think it's fine as is.

Scourer is very dependent on what weapons the warlord has. It can really change a limited weapon into a dangerous threat, but it's a question of if they have them. It also feels a bit odd fluff-wise.

Devouerer is interesting, though is very reliant on Psykers being present. It feels more like a Tzeentch trait, twisting fate from psychic powers to better suit his followers. Assuming you had enough psykers, you could easily just roll a cheap power on Santic each turn to get a reliable effect. The idea is nice, but I think it would be better if re-worked into a simple bonus to their perils roll, still applying to the same unit.

Running and assaulting is basically Waagh, and I don't think it fits here. More interesting would be letting them move through walls or something.

Unmaker of the Mind feels like it could be expanded on further, perhaps instead causing units to simply lose their Fearless-style rules while within a small radius of the Warlord. This means that in addition to feeling Fear, they'd also fall back.
>>
>>46684491
>Master of the Warp Path: Keep as is.
>Destroyer: Keep as is.
>Scourer: Keep as is.
>Devourer: As long as the Warlord remains alive, all friendly units with the Daemon of Malal special rule add 1 to their Perils of the Warp rolls. However, every Warp Surge result on the Perils of the Warp table are resolved on the Warlord instead of the casting psyker.
>5th Warlord Trait: The Warlord and all friendly units with the Daemon of Malal special rule within 11" gain the Shred special rule.
>Unmaker of the Mind: All enemy units within 11" of the Warlord lose the Courageous and Stubborn special rules if they have them and replace Fearless with Stubborn (Stubborn does not get lost). If the unit has none of the above rules then it suffers a -1 leadership penalty.

How are these? 5th trait needs a name and fluff however.
>>
>>46685064
I think they're better. Devourer is a more reasonable bonus now.

5th is fitting enough, though I'm not sure how well Shred works with Preferred enemy. I like the range 11 though. Not sure what to call it.

I think Unmaker of the Mind works, although the wording on it might need work. The concept is sound, though it's rather wordy.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.