[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What power does the forgotten shrine grant?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6
File: forgotten_shrine.jpg (8 KB, 198x254) Image search: [Google]
forgotten_shrine.jpg
8 KB, 198x254
>>
It was established as a haven for travelers by the church of the God of Commerce, and any who spend the night wake up feeling healthy and well-rested with a full stomach.
>>
>>46674151
Its ah..uh..give me a sec here..hmmmm..I got it on the tip of my tongue! Damn it!.
>>
>>46674151
The power to be easily forgotten about.
No one remembers they visited it
>>
File: image.png (83 KB, 285x329) Image search: [Google]
image.png
83 KB, 285x329
>>46674151
A spirit guardian.
>>
>>46674151

Amnesia, apparently
>>
>>46674151
That depends. But first, why are we here? Who are you? And... who am I?

I think, that I was supposed to know that stuff...
>>
>>
>>46674151
A figurative steel bladder
>>
>>46674151
>forgotten shrine
>forgotten gods
>literally nobody's ever heard of them
>no you can't make a knowledge check
>apparently super old though

A historian or cultural anthropologist who examines the shrine receives an erection for 1d3 hours.
>>
>>46674220
My ancestors sent a lizard to guide me?
>>
It'd probably be fun to have permanent or temporary effects, either of a general nature, or based off of the alignment or faith of the party.

>permanent +1 to all healing spells cast on you, temporary -2 to all damaging spells cast on you
>+1 to constitution because nature spirit hardens your skin like rock or wood
>you have angered a spirit of darkness that wanted to be left alone, and your face is now covered in a shroud of shadow. You are less likely to be recognized, but you take a crippling blow to charisma. Pay a wizard to have it removed.
>A forgotten shrine of the god of war, he is pleased that you have rediscovered his sacred place and granted you an enchanted blade as a reward. However, he wishes you to bring worship to his shrine anew - either tracking down veterans, or starting a war.
>>
File: flog gnaw.jpg (58 KB, 538x700) Image search: [Google]
flog gnaw.jpg
58 KB, 538x700
>>46674151
you'll never know
you forget what it is immediately after you get it
>>
>>46675277
One would think that when that happened to the female crew members, it would have been a hint to the identity of the deity the shrine was dedicated to.
>>
>>
>>46676470
What? A forgotten sign? Probably not much power at all.
>>
>>46674151
one additional dick, free of charge
>>
>>46676788
>>46675775
So it's a shrine to Slaanesh, eh?
>>
>>46677199
Far too tame to be for slaanesh.
>>
>>46675745

>The Shrine is to venerate a beast that feasts on nightmares
>It has seen you suffering in your sleep and swoops in to devour your bad dreams.
>In your Minds eye you see it's terrible and wrath-filled form as your nightmares are incarnated into shapes of demons struggling in vain to release themselves from it's snapping jaws
>When you awake you see a small puppy-like creature that licks you and runs away behind the shrine.
>>
>>46674151
One of those:
http://curious-expedition.wikia.com/wiki/Perks#Blessings
>>
>>46674151
It's a deadly trap. You keep forgetting that you just discovered it, so you spend the rest of your life withering away because you keep staring at it, wondering what it is.
>>
>>46674151
Nothing, gods do not exist.

Because there is only one true God. *tips mitre*
>>
>>
>>46674151
>You become the soul being tethering a forgotten god to material existence.
>Weak AF, and often silent for long periods of sleep as he wanders out of time in his sleep.
>Occasionally chimes in with sage advice or anecdotes about how this area was in his time.
>>
File: praising intensifies.jpg (118 KB, 800x729) Image search: [Google]
praising intensifies.jpg
118 KB, 800x729
>>46678000
My trips don't lie.
>>
>>46674151

Nothing, it's just an ancient tool used in rituals to summon unfathomable horrors from outside the planes. Many foolish adventurers meet their deaths trying to use it for trivial power gains.
>>
File: 1930s Mickey and Minnie.jpg (72 KB, 730x664) Image search: [Google]
1930s Mickey and Minnie.jpg
72 KB, 730x664
>>46675762
Why where the 19th and 20th centuries so creepy, god damn.
>>
>>46674151
A 50% off coupon for a dinner-theatre for two.
>>
It will open a portal to Heaven but you can only look, smell and hear it. You can't enter the portal but may speak to your dead loved ones (should they end up in Heaven). The catch is you will never remember the experience afterwards but somehow you feel at peace and joyfully sad at the same time.
>>
>>46674151
The power to see tiny images clearly?
>>
>>46674151
>The power of wealth
There are still a few coppers in a half buried alms bowl inside.
>>
>>46674151
I forgot
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.