[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What would a historically inaccurate modern setting look like?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2
File: dead sea scrolls.jpg (46 KB, 410x369) Image search: [Google]
dead sea scrolls.jpg
46 KB, 410x369
What would a historically inaccurate modern setting look like?
>>
>>46673135
Retrofuturism.
Vaporwave.
Retrocyberpunk.

There is a lot to choose from.
>>
>>46673135
>What would a historically inaccurate modern setting look like?
An alternate history setting, then?
>>
>>46673186
Those are all aesthetics.

But I totally see street samurai working for Enron being a thing.
>>
File: WHD.jpg (1 MB, 989x1400) Image search: [Google]
WHD.jpg
1 MB, 989x1400
>>46673135
basically just any modern action movie, isn't it?
>>
>>46673135
Historically inaccurate is such a vague term it is completely useless. For example, instead of humans being the historically dominant species in the planet it is now unicorns. Everyone is unicorns
>>
>>46673496
Their is "Historically Accurate: Hitler was Black" and then there's "HUAHUEHUAHUE: The Setting."
>>
>>46673496
usually when people talk about historically inaccurate they refer to technology that didn't exist/was rarely used. or factions that weren't around whose purpose is often changed for the sake of narrative.
>>
>>46673135
It would look historically inaccurate.
>>
>>46673419
OP said "look like", not "be like".
>>46673556
No, those two are pretty much identical.
>>
>>46673556
I dont understand what youre saying
>>46673581
I could get behind that thinking if he wasnt asking about a modern setting specifically, does he want scifi? Does he want flintlock pistols? Literally infinite possibilities with no guiding information
>>
>>46673135
American civilians wearing shoulder pads and bouffants running from the Communist Space Divers during the 11/9 massacre
>>
>>46673670
It's pretty obvious

>The year is 2530
>on a distant centuryship harboring human kind the local /tg/ group gathers around the holotable to play some PnP Games
>GM says they'll be playing a game set in the early 2000's period with plenty of rule of cool
>Player #4 is a history buff who spends his time watching history dataslates off the cloud and consistently complains about things as "historically inaccurate" as portrayed by the gm

It happens everytime.
>>
>>46673135
Anything you want?

This is retarded question.
>>
The Jetsons, I think.
>>
>>46673842
> /tg/, or 4chan as a whole, still exists in 2530
The thought is strangely depressing
>>
>>46673135
World peace
>>
>>46673135
Take one person's view of the world, they have a couple of hours a day per week for four weeks to research and write a summation of how the world is, in it's entirety, without using the internet or reference books.

Bam, there's your surprisingly, probably hilariously inaccurate modern world depiction.
>>
The year is 2016. Everything is the same, but people dress in fashion from the 80's and Angela Merkel is the chancellor of Belarus.
>>
>>46673455
...Good answer.

I'm going with this.
>>
>>46673842
Lol this is perfect, so you have characters texting each other about how its bullshit their parents make them churn all the butter and polio js a serious threat, meanwhile the united states nobles are trying to suppress a revolution because the serfs dont want to be in vietnam
>>
For a start, every soldier uses an AK-47.

They all wear desert camo. Even in Vietnam.

There are two cultural groups: the West, who all look like Americans, and Everyone Else, who all look like Russians. Slanty eyes/black skin optional add-ons.

Tanks are major parts of the army, Apaches deliver tactical mininukes and everyone goes into battle with body armour on because "you'd have to be stupid not to".

Most fashion is from the eighties, but this is mixed in with hipsters, black rappers and the occasional 50s beatnik.

Everyone is overweight, and die at a low age of 70.

Everybody knows that the 2000s was a period of almost ubiquitous peace. In fact, there were no wars whatsoever. Everything was done covert ops.

"The Internet" had just been invented, people spoke in memespeek and browsed Lolcats in VR.
>>
>>46673977
>Musical history books call the song "Fortunate Son" as "It ain't me"
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg
>>
>>46674180
>They all wear desert camo. Even in Vietnam.
Even in Iraq?
>>
>>46674473
Yep, they wear desert camo EVERYWHERE. In the Iraqi, Iranian, Saudi Arabian and Afghan Wars (NOT the Victorian one) too.
>>
>>46673977
God I would play in this setting.
>>
>>46673135
corporate feudalism
>>
>>46673135
Ask tumblr
>>
>>46675805
>h-hey guys, remember how much we hate tumblr?

Nobody cares about your pancakes anon
>>
>>46673135
Everything is the same except Donald Trump is black and horse marriage was legalized in 2013.
>>
>>46673135

Basically Final Faantasy X and up,

>>46678929

>horse marriage

u wot
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.