[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fuck I really want this to be a world of darkness splat
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
Fuck I really want this to be a world of darkness splat
>>
What do you guys think? Zombie: the Hunger. Or, Zombie: the Infection.
>>
>>46660524
The hunger, def. being that you have a constant hunger for brains
>>
>>46660524
Zombie: The investigation
>>
I stopped watching mid season because of all the reltionship drama, did it ever stop that?
>>
>>46664919
Yes.

>tfw no more knight templar major

Best character is still Ravi
>>
>>46664919
No. The relationships had reached a momentum that this show has become Zombie: The Shipping.
The drama has devoured the show to the point you forget that is a crime solving series with a fantastic element in it.
>>
>>46664933
>Best character is still Ravi
Liv, Blaine and Babineaux are all pretty good. I didn't fully appreciate Babineaux's straight-man delivery at first, but he's continued to grow on me.

>>46664919
>I stopped watching mid season because of all the reltionship drama, did it ever stop that?
Season 1 or season 2? If season 1, it got a decent bit better about it. If season 2, then no. Honestly, I think season 1 is the stronger season, even with the relationship crap (which suffers in part because Major is a weak character, though he does get a bit more interesting as... stuff... happens).

I thought season 2 got kind of stuck in the shtick of brain-induced personality wackiness, making it feel repetitive and like it was going nowhere. As the season wore on, it started getting better about this, but at the very end, it actually moved too quickly, not giving itself ample time to explore the ramifications of certain realizations (which would've been great fodder for drama). The last double episode should've been at least 4 episodes long. They really should've worked on their pacing.

Still a good show though. Just not one of my favorites of all time.
>>
>>46665210
I like babineaux because he isn't an actual "Straight-man", he's out to do his job at any cost and by the goddamn book.

Still Ravi is pretty funny and interesting overall.
>>
>>46665852
But it's all about his reactions to Liv's seeming wackiness.
>>
>I want to talk about my favorite show on /tg/
>>
File: file.png (173 KB, 429x507) Image search: [Google]
file.png
173 KB, 429x507
>>46665922
It's great.
Specially because there is no political shit, just >fun stuff.
>>
The limited scope and repetitive nature of the plot certainly seem to imply WoD.

However, the mission structure of it all is a break from the WoD formula where usually random dark supers all do their own thing without much care for mankind or the big picture. It's a fetishy circlejerk by design, and the mankind-on-the-brink theme of iZombie clearly violates that premise.

Also some of the central characters are mere mortals, some are even oblivious. This never works in WoD. Too squishy.

WoD always tries to put characters on an even footing. iZombie never does! In fact the contrast of knowledge, power, and obligation between the characters is what makes the show interesting in the first place. WoD would be more along the lines of Liv, Blaine, and Drake vs Max Rager Inc. All that intricate character work and exploration of trust would just be lame stepping in place within WoD.

Honestly, it feels more like Fate to me. There are no constants in how the secret rules affect the world of mortals. iZombie isn't static. It reinvents itself constantly. Characters drift in and out of relevance. The most simple and mundane issues become suddenly pressing because nothing is routine like it is in WoD. Like Major being in jail without food, that would be a bribe or a contact in WoD. In iZombie it's impending apocalypse.
>>
File: snap-00122.png (257 KB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
snap-00122.png
257 KB, 720x404
We Camarilla now!
>>
>>46665922
>what are Stat Me threads without specified systems
>what are How Would You Run [MEDIA PROPERTY] threads
>what are This Is How I [CHARACTER CLASS] threads

If you don't like a thread, hide and/or ignore it like a big boy. Shit man, I've never even watched this show.
>>
File: 1449042241532.jpg (189 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1449042241532.jpg
189 KB, 1920x1080
>>46665942
>there is no political shit
>>
Stat Anthony ''Tony'' Sopranos
>>
>>46665922
OP here, I actually want a zombie splat based on izombie

I think the mechanics of eating brains to gain skills and flaws would be both cool and fun to role play

the fanaliy made me realize how a secret zombie society could function
>>
Have you tried I Am Zombie? It's written by one of the original VtM writers and shares some of the better ideas with I, Zombie (for example eating brains to gain memories and reconnect to your humanity is a big thing in zombie culture)
It's also not tied to WoD so you don't have to try to keep track and make sense of conflicting metaplot. For one thing there's no equivalent of the masquerade, zombie communities exist openly and people know about them, they mostly get caught and herded into big ghettos, but occasionally some of them slip out and infect new ones.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.