[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey, 5e player here. I want to try out a strength-based valor
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: Raxus.jpg (58 KB, 617x800) Image search: [Google]
Raxus.jpg
58 KB, 617x800
Hey, 5e player here. I want to try out a strength-based valor bard, dragonborn with a greatsword. Any tips for getting the most mileage out of that build?
>>
- Lighting is the damage type the fewest MM critters are resistant to
-Bestow Curse may be a third level spell, but one of the options for it is to emulate Hex and Hunter's Mark.
>>
>>46649559
Aw man. I love lightning, but I used that for my last dragonborn character, I wanted to try something different. Opted into Acid this time. I figured maybe I could use it to burn through metal bars at some point.

How aggro should I play a bard with a greatsword? I mean, I'm an off-healer and party-inspirer, on top of the sword-swinging.
>>
>>46649476
Are you looking to make it big in the competitive imaginary monster slaying scene?
>>
>>46649987
They have competitive DnD?

But no, I'm just looking to have fun. I do like my characters to be proficient though, I don't enjoy feeling like a burden to my party.
>>
>>46649476
Bumping. I am planning to make one of these too.
>>
>>46650030
No I was just making fun of you for playing an imaginary fantasy adventure with friends game in a way that makes you go online and ask people not in your game for "builds".

You're not in a fucking Tekken tournament son.
>>
>>46651427
I was looking at a fun variant on this, the grapple bard. I'm deciding if it's viable with a greatsword, and if it would be too hard to build spells around. I'm thinking I'd just need to plan my approaches to encounters well.
>>
>>46651476
Thanks for doing the one thing more menial than that and wasting your time criticizing my question.
>>
>>46649476
>Have 14 Dex, heaviest armor you get is halfplate which has max dex +2 and you don't want your shit to get shoved in before that
>Fuck Int and Wis, don't be a pussy
>Pick good spells I guess?

I mean, what do you want out of your build? "Strength-based valor bard with a greatsword who is a dragonborn" is most of your decision-making right there, what else do you need? Get a good fightin' feat at level 4 and just have fun I guess.
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (1 MB, 2550x3300) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
1 MB, 2550x3300
One of my players is a strength based 1/2orc valor bard. He has his moments...
>>
>>46653588
>Ideals:The world needs metal
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.