[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Games around the campfire
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: images.jpg (14 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
14 KB, 225x225
Hi fa/tg/uys, sc/out/ here.
I come seeking your wisdom and recomendations.
The spring seasons first outing is around the corner and I'm hiking out with some friends in a week. Now, we plan on getting a bit drunk, stoned and play some games around the campfire. I'm not too familiar with smaller scale games though since we normally play RPGs or the likes of Mansions of Madness. I'm bringing Werewolves of Millers hollow, but I'm looking for something new.
I have concidered cards against humanity aswell..

Any recomendations would be very much welcome.
What are your favorite campfire games?
Oh, and there will be about 5-7 of us.
>>
I have no contributions, but I'm bumping your question anyway.
>>
>>46648549
Best is the "who can blow the other till he comes".

Sorry wantd to be the first to make the sex-game joke at the campfire
>>
https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/2470/extraordinary-adventures-baron-munchausen

Always one of my favorites
>>
>>46648549
Tell stories, vote on best.

Alternatively this:

>character creation
State 3 facts. One has to be where the character is from. One has to be what the character did. One has to be what friends/enemies he/she made doing it. All situations where those facts are relevant, that character can say an extra sentence in scene using these. A character may not have more than one extra sentence from facts.

Have each character pick a strong attribute (acumen, dexterity, vigor). The character can say an extra sentence in scene relevant to that attribute.

>gameplay
Each person gets 2 sentences to describe what their character does every go-around in a scene unless their facts/attribute applies. A scene is any situation that merits any kind of organization to play in. Other players can "donate" up to 2 sentences to a person currently speaking. However that means they forego that amount of their own sentences and are left with their fact/attribute sentences if they apply.

Add any rules you like to this.

As a fellow /out/doorsman I highly advise against bringing dice if you will play around a campfire. It's dark, they might get lost, or they might fall in the fire. Plus it adds needless rolling.

Remember to keep it fair as the GM about those sentence limits, but also remember that you're there to mostly have fun.

Be safe, and have fun!
>>
Look up Wushu Open.
>>
>>46648549
Something that works great for mixed groups with some sense of genre is 1001 Nights. You need some dice, but you only roll them at the end of the story. Everyone's a scheming bastard at the sultan's court and tells stories to insult each other. It has nice gimmicks to help developing characters even in other games.

Another great game with rules simple enough to explain as you go is Don't Rest Your Head. Only one dice pool roll each scene, mostly. And the theme fits nicely with telling creepy stories. It's a ride though, the GM doesn't get a moment of rest throughout.

I think you can play Deadlands entirely with cards, possibly Dogs in the Vineyard as well. Fate has cards as dice as a mod, and FAE is really simple.

I have played Dread around the camp fire, and that uses Jenga. I think rolling every round doesn't work well, but I've done that, too with anything from CoC over WoD to DnD.

But the best camp fire games are simple and fast. That doesn't have to mean unsophisticated, just uncomplicated. Character sheets that have only 2 or 3 numbers on them, or no sheets at all.
>>
http://www.panix.com/~sos/rpg/sherpa.html

RPG designed for play while hiking.

Seconding Dread if you can fit Jenga into your pack.
>>
>>46649704
Serves me right for not inb4-ing it

>>46649782
This might be right up our alley, thanks anon

>>46650008
Sounds flexible and good for larger groups, I like the system. Is it called anything or is it a homebrew?
Good call with the dices, too. Will try to avoid it or maybe bring some shitty ones.

>>46650828
>Look up Wushu Open
>See the following
>Guide to Car-Fu: How to narrate low-speed stunts, advice on car combat, and aerial dogfighting for flying cars.

Wew lad

>>46651545
Thanks for the tips, nice selection indeed.
I will most likely try to keep it somewhat simple though, Don't Rest Your Head sounds interesting for sure. Especially given we will camp out in the vicinity of an old medieval execution location.

Thanks for the pointers, people.
Much appreciated.
>>
>>46652199
>Sherpa
How come I've never heard of this? Sounds awesome

Also, I might look into Dread aswell. I like the horror vibe when deep innawoods. Atleast I like the idea of it..
>>
Bumping a good question
>>
>>46648549

Get a 100% plastic deck of playing cards. Personally, I've had a custom deck printed up with eight suits instead of the standard four, but even a standard 52-card deck gives you a huge number of games. Because they're plastic, you don't care if they get dirty and you can literally wash them off in a stream.

With a bit of creativity, you can use that deck to play a bunch of card games usually sold as custom decks, like The Resistance, Coloretto, Battle Line, etc.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.