[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's have a thread about objects/items that the party should
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 161
Thread images: 30
File: Essentials.jpg (72 KB, 826x800) Image search: [Google]
Essentials.jpg
72 KB, 826x800
Let's have a thread about objects/items that the party should have but are often left behind.

Pic related.
>>
File: rope.jpg (32 KB, 850x478) Image search: [Google]
rope.jpg
32 KB, 850x478
Rope, for everything you need, from attaching things to other things to taking the easy way out.
>>
File: 53525325.gif (446 KB, 365x278) Image search: [Google]
53525325.gif
446 KB, 365x278
What about forgotten?

>mfw a party member has the ashen remains of an NPC he failed to protect and the caster of the group has had rez for like 20 sessions now

I feel like I should remind them but it's right there on their inventory sheet.
>>
>>46619162
Have their ghost haunt the shit out of them. It's rightously pissed. And rezzing the ghost isn't going to stop them being pissed.
>>
>>46619162

You could just remind them if it's bugging you.
>>
>>46619183

Already used ghosts, revenants and shades too much. They've lost their appeal in the campaign by this point.

>>46619190

It's not bugging me, I actually kinda find it hilarious. I'm tempted to erase the description of "[NPCs] ashes" to "small jug of sand," to see if his character goes: "Oh, wtf is this junk? *pours out*"

Because I'm fairly certain he's forgotten, as by this point in the campaign the NPC body count is beyond counting.
>>
>>46619105
Gonna need yeast for that flour. Salt and oil too.
Most parties go without cooking supplies. No kettles or pots of any kind.
>>
>>46619319

>eating the flour
>>
>>46619162
The next time they are climbing a cliff, flying, or in a windy area you could have the urn come loose and the ashes scatter to the wind. This is of course the final straw and then this happens. >>46619183
>>
>>46619319
Why would you waste the flour by eating it?
>>
>>46619294
Make the ashes have become a magical item due to all the anger that fills them. You can throw pinches to create holy fire or something.
See if they use it for mechanical benefit. Once depleted a final ghost emerges, curses them all out of spite and disappears.
>>
File: 1349997231465.gif (2 MB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1349997231465.gif
2 MB, 480x360
>>46619343
>>46619366
What the fuck else would you be using it for?
>>
>>46619105
Surely rice would be better for a party to carry.
>>
>>46619422
I could cut that bread with a door stop.
>>
>>46619422
>Throw it around to detect invisible foes
>Use it to dust for prints
>Detect air currents
>Make glue
>Pocket sand(flower) attack
>Make a crude explosive
All this and more could be yours for a few copper.
>>
File: image.png (6 KB, 270x187) Image search: [Google]
image.png
6 KB, 270x187
>>
>>46619581

Didn't see that listed under basic dungeoneering supplies. How many copper does it cost?
>>
>>46619105
Salt. From warding off a fairly good amount of creatures of darkness to curing foods there are many applications for (and few remembrances of) good old salt.
>>
>>46619598
That guy always brings enough for everyone.
>>
>>46619162
the ashes of the forgothen npc instead of hate againt the pc, the npc should actually protect the party even after dead.
give it a status of some kind.
>>
>>46619486
Thems fighting words.
>>
File: image.jpg (118 KB, 424x550) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
118 KB, 424x550
This has so many uses its self explanatory. Everyone knows magic is cancelled out by magnetic fields.
>>
>>46619486
>>46619422

Fun fact: All those THERE'S GOTTA BE A BETTER WAY products where the person is failing at some hilariously mundane and easy task?

Actually designed for disabled people, who actually have those problems because they lack mobility/dexterity/functional limbs/mental acuity. Hell, even the Snuggie was designed for this purpose. (Wheelchair users, specifically; they can cover the legs and upper body without fabric bunching up in back and causing bedsores or corners getting caught in wheels.)

They're just marketed like that because they can't make a profit selling to disabled people alone, so they have to convince normal people they can't live without this thing too.
>>
>>46620033
this is a retarded buzzfeed-tier conspiracy theory with no basis in reality
>>
>>46620033
>What do you call a quadriplegic?
Meal on wheels.
>>
>>46620033
They CAN make a profit just selling to disabled people, but usually that makes the item in question prohibitively expensive.
That is until they trick normals into using it
>>
>>46620056
Except for the fact that when they often show the overblown price of a competitor's equivalent on those commercals it's cause they're showing the cost of making something that sells exclusively to one very small market
>>
>>46620056
Actually, its true. My mom works as an Interpreter/ADA Advocate for the deaf. The snuggie, trongs, hell the shake weight: All originally made for the disabled and are sold in catalogues without the BS.

You don't mass market the item saying that though. No one wants to be seen buying a cripple cloak.
>>
>>46619581
>needing common sense

Git gud
>>
>>46620145
You don't mass market it directly saying it. You do so by showing the price for an actual cripple cloak and saying "Look Their snuggie equivalent is WAAAY more expensive than ours!"
>>
>>46620145
>No one wants to be seen buying a cripple cloak.
I would.
I'd throw it in the cart with three first aid kits and about two mummies worth of gauze and just dare anyone to comment.
>>
>>46620033
>>46620145
>>46620224
We should put together all the "THERES GOT TO BE A BETTER WAY" products we can think of and make the dumbest superhero/robot imaginable
>>
>>46619105

You're sure to OD carrying along that much heroin.
>>
>>46620018

The quality of science taught to humanities and poly sci majors is simply appalling.
>>
>>46620257
Considering how many of them are kitchen appliances, the resulting abomination sounds like it'd be a great way to GET crippled.

It creates it's own market!
>>
>>46620145
>cripple cloak
I hate you, but fuck if you don't make me giggle.
>>
File: bflwzSg.jpg (44 KB, 500x380) Image search: [Google]
bflwzSg.jpg
44 KB, 500x380
>>46620205
You're forgetting a key thing though, those catalogues for the disabled don't always have prices, because insurance and disability typically pays that stuff.

Its like printing money. Marketing to healthy, but lazy and impulsive people is just extra dosh.

Pic related: They are actually made for people with balance issues and such so they don't kill themselves when they fall. Stupid children are just a bonus.

>>46620224
More power to you.

>>46620257
>>46620324
Floridaman's sidekick maybe?

>>46620332
Honk honk.
>>
>>46620324
GENIUS
>>46620362
They usually post some sorta amazon listing for the original product. IIRC the snuggie ad showed a listing for something that was like, 70-80 bucks
>>
>>46620257
>>46620324
>>46620362
>>46620409
Okay, so for the torso we have a snuggie, and in each (Or only one) hand they have one of those reach grabby things... what else? Maybe a clapper or a taplight?
>>
Back on topic.

Light sources.

Three different groups, four different occasions. These are the kind of games that over pack and list every damn thing, from blessed salt to a pocket mirror to a 11 foot pole, but when its all said and done, they didn't have a penny candle between them.

>>46620409
Yes, as marketing. That, along with round down pricing is basic advertising know-how.

Go try to find the "80 dollar snuggie". You wont.

>>46620530
electric jar/bottle/can opener. That thing that uses vaccum suction to deshell hard boiled eggs. One handed jewelry clasping tools.

You know those old-people catalogues that your grandma and grandpa get with orthopedic shoes and bras that adjust from the front instead of the back? Thats the same stuff.
>>
>>46620590
Well you won't find them NOW. But that's because snuggies are no longer cripple cloaks, so the manufacturers don't have to jack up prices to make profits
>>
>>46620590
>Bras that adjust from the front.
THOSE ARE A THING? MOTHERFUCKERS HOLDING OUT ON ME.
>>
>>46620145
>Cripple Cloak

>A cursed item. Once equipped, cannot be removed through normal means. Once cursed, you suffer -2 to dexterity and -1 to all rolls on Fort. saves.

Despite this and the fact that it looks retarded, it is actually quite comfortable and will keep you warm on a cold day.
>>
>>46620362

>Floridaman's sidekick maybe?

Or maybe his nemesis.
>>
>>46620737
Yeah, but they look retarded. Not an issue if you don't expect anyone to see you in your skivvies or if you just don't give a shit.
>>
Lumps of solid fat from any animal. Could be used for cooking, eating, burning things, greasing yourself and slipping into people's anuses with high DC checks...
>>
>>46621355
Under my work uniform for daily wear I don't need sexy. Just until I can afford a reduction.
>>
>>46621456
>Lumps of solid fat from any animal
Looks like >>46621518's selling.
>>
>>46621625
Kek.
>>
>>46621625
If I saw a character sheet with "animal fat (human)" listed in the inventory, I'm not even sure what I'd say to the player.
>>
>>46621973
Well,
>So you're playing a necromance/wizard/alchemist/evil cleric/warlock/any number of classes

Unless you play bunnies and burrows exclusively, I am sure there can be some form of excuse for it.
>>
>>46619422
Flour golems of course!
>>
A large, sturdy tarp. Tons of uses, never leave town without one.
>>
>>46622618
Adding to that: thick cold-weather sleeping bag, waterproof tubs, thick garbage bags, hacksaw, pliers, a good thick knife, hammer, bleach, tape, shovel, baggy nondescript clothes, string, a bundle of sticks, and some old dog collars.
>>
>>46619162
I had one game where the party carried around the dead bodies of two NPCs inside a bag of holding. We kept finding them every time we opened it up to haul off more treasure, but it just slipped everyone's mind anytime we were in town or were nearby where they used to live.

They were still there when the entire contents of the bag got zapped and melted into a molten, golden, bloody sludge. Well, at least we didn't concern ourselves after that.
>>
File: 1280px-Chiodi-roccia-morbidi.jpg (518 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
1280px-Chiodi-roccia-morbidi.jpg
518 KB, 1280x960
>>46619132
Pitons.
>>
>>46619105

Nail clippers. Nothing ruins your day like an infected hang nail.
>>
The humble sack.
Nowhere to put all that phat l00t you've dungeoneered up? Whip out one o' these fuckers!
Got a hostage you needs alive, but can't carry? Put 'im in the sack!
Dug out a pit trap? Guess what, it's now a covered pit trap.
Wizard blew a hole in the wall again and it's getting breezy? Sack and a couple of nails.

Bonus: get some needle 'n' thread, a knife and BOOM! Half-dozen small bags, nigga!
>>
>>46621973
>oh, I see you've been plying dwarf fortress.
>>
>>46622152
Human fat's gotta be way more valuable in Bunnies & Burrows.
Like, famous diamond, unsellable-unless-you-legally-own-it valuable.
How'd you get human fat? You didn't kill a human for it, look at you lops. You stole it from Ol' Bun Richmond, didn't you sonsabunnies? I'm calling the fuzz.
>>
>>46622771
Why the collars?
>>
>>46620362
Some of them are actually shit, like the slapchop.
>>
>>46625899
Prisoners, I would assume.
Or maybe wild dogs, who knows.
>>
Manacles. Have been in the PHB for a while. Carry a few pairs if you intend to fight any kind of sentient humanoid. Or decided to bring the dickass thief along.
>>
>>46626139
For people without thumbs and/or hands. You can still place things on the cutting board with your stumps (or feet, if it comes to that), but you can't safely use a knife.
>>
>>46625899
Once you bury the body parts, you make a little cross headstone out of a couple sticks and hang the collar on it. Makes it look like you buried a pet instead of somebody's torso.

The dude pretty much just listed what you need to hide a corpse.
>>
File: 1351051828459.jpg (69 KB, 635x714) Image search: [Google]
1351051828459.jpg
69 KB, 635x714
>>46621973

Soap anon.
>>
>>46627998
What if the GM is Jewish.
>>
>>46627946
Except he forgot the yogurt.
>>
>>46626511
During my short short time as a cook i worked with a guy who only had the first bone in each thumb each hand. Bastard could cook, clean, chop shit, and use chopsticks better than i could and i routinely practice piano and guitar finger exercises to fend off my genetically mandated arthritic hands. people are like some weird physics breaker in that they tend to become more powerful the more you deprive them.
>>
>>46630767
>cut off a man's head and attach it to a life support machine
>world's first psion is created.
>>
>>46627946
Different anon here. Its better if you plant a tree cause no one questions a dirt drilling rig in the middle of nowhere digging a 8 foot deep 3 foot wide hole and the fact the holes thin and covered by a new tree obscures it from satellites, thats how they find buried corpses in forests and such looking for holes shaped roughly 7x4'.
>>
>>46619105
>Wheat is essential...
Unless you live in a place where wheat is banned after a certain incident where all the wheat in the land turned into venomous serpents, then into a giant malevolent spirit.

Then you may be reluctant to carry it around.
>>
>>46630832
Nah m8. Gotta just make it a brain in a jar but do it quiet like. No external stimuli. The flimsy five senses we are so limited to shall fall away and they shall see the infinite of all things unhindered and untainted.

Honestly though what the fuck would you do if you woke up and your everything was gone?
>>
File: FB_IMG_1438187560185.jpg (40 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1438187560185.jpg
40 KB, 500x375
>>46620737
Those really only work for fit/unlucky women. Fat chick's and titty monsters get no support from them.
>>
>>46630856
Also if the dog sits there trying to dig up a tree they will just pull the dog along after inspect the actual tree for blood and the like but not under it as that would require machinery and they won't do that for literally every freshly placed tree ever. In this way you can safely bury all evidence across the board as one big dumping spot.
>>
>>46630907
Become a supervillain. Isn't that the obvious choice?
>>
>>46630927
You can custom order super supportive bra's that are designed for fatties that not only adjust in the front they come in crazy sizes like 42 GG and higher with a weird widestrap set up in back so the shit doesn't just act like garroting wire on backboobs.
Its like $120 per tho and they have that "old lady" type look about them.
>>
>>46630907
Imagine an entire new universe inside my head, just as I remember it.
Conquer the world and the universe through the powers of my mindscape.
Through sheer force of will, force imagined humanity to construct an imaginary device that will allow me to transcend my flesh-mind and achieve apotheosis, bringing my will into reality.
>>
File: backpain-1292835351.jpg (12 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
backpain-1292835351.jpg
12 KB, 600x400
>>46630989
I'll need to look into those. Nothing like a custom bra to make one's significant other happy.
>>
>>46631014
You got it backwards. Its obvious we are merely a self actualization of the universe. A sort of way for it to experience itself in itself much like your sensory nerves exist as cells in your body but just like those cells they are not truly aware of the whole. Your will is reality made real because You are realities will made real to act upon itself in a meaningful manner.
>>
>>46619105
I'm currently playing with people who pay great deal of attention to such minor stuff like replacement parts for their cart, sufficient supply of various food product (to not get monotous), carrying proper tools and bundles of things that could be then used when needed and what not.

Suprisingly this allowed them to be also higly-efficient (usually it leads to pointless autism) with their actions AND also created a perfect cash-sink, since their entire gear eat already what your typical players would spend on, say, really sweet weapon (actually almost two), but since they were spending small amounts of cash on regular basic, they long lost track how large sum they've invested in proper supply, tools and replacements parts.
I mean they even carry a spare rawhides if need to repair armour straps arises. And this works awesomely in action, since there is no need for idiotic "every small village got a shop, inn and blacksmith so you can fix your stuff".

Fucking love those guys for making this shit interesting on their own accord. And they don't fuss when the reward is paid in food and stuff like that, because they would spend the cash on it anyway. Hell, they were perfectly happy about getting four kegs of tar, because they've then bartered it for two spare mules and shitload of fodder.
>>
>>46619422
Aside from obviously cooking, baking and eating flour-based cousine... let's think...
- perfect barter material in poor areas
- crude explosives that are fucking scary
- detect invisible
- blind someone
Absurdly long "shelf-live" makes it a perfect supply, aside maybe rice and kasza.

You know what kasza is, right?
>>
>>46631237
The explosives bit is technically wrong.
For flour to actually become a dust explosion it has to be extremely diluted in air. About the amount that would fit in your cupped hands but spread out in 2 family room sized areas is a good example of how diluted and particulated it needs to be. Due to the nature of milling each particle is actually quite rough and holds a bit of moisture in these rough areas. This moisture along with the roughness of the particles actually makes flour clump together. This is why when kitchen fires happen and you can't put lids on it you throw handfulls of flour at it. You'd have to work very hard to get it that diluted but flour mills have a lot of machinery and moving parts to do that hence the hazard.
Tl;dr flours actually quite safe around fire unless you have some sort of machine that gives a perfect 3%flour to 97% air mixture in the local area.
>>
>>46631087
I want the gnostics to leave.

Demiurge did nothing wrong.
>>
>>46631410
Did I said anything about making bombs or did I simply said "crude explosives that are fucking scary"?
>>
>>46631704
Well they aren't that scary as you maybe get flashburns unless you fill a warehouse full keeping the ambiant temperature high enough for actual damage. You'd want something like rice flour or other extremely fine, smooth, and dry particulated foodstuffs for actual damage.
>>
>>46619105
A good cooking pot. The value of having a vessel that can not only effectively cook any mixture of foods but transport them until needed (thus decreasing the pressure of foraging) cannot be overstated.

That's how travelers fed themselves in antiquity; they hoofed pots around, cooked up whatever they could find, then kept topping it up for a constant supply of flavorful and nourishing stew. The concept of perpetual or hunters' stews derives from this practice.
>>
File: autism.jpg (59 KB, 540x534) Image search: [Google]
autism.jpg
59 KB, 540x534
>>46631794
Jesus fucking Christ... take your fucking meds!
>>
File: chicken nuggets.gif (934 KB, 250x167) Image search: [Google]
chicken nuggets.gif
934 KB, 250x167
>>46620033
What disability is this one for?
>>
>>46630866
Wait, what?
>>
>>46633338
Obesity
>>
>>46622771
Serial killer detected.
>>
>>46631848
I think the stew thing is a myth. Stew takes a long-ass time to cook, and a full pot can be a pain in the ass to lug around, especially without spilling it.
>>
>>46620312
that pic is satire, you fucking sperg.
>>
>>46630866
It Isn't wheat anon it is flour. If you can't have wheat flower get rice flour ect.
>>
>>46633256
he's trying to tell you that just because flour mills and grain silos tend to fucking explode doesn't mean a 2 pound bag of flower will be a "fucking scary explosive"
>>
>>46634021
Exactly! Yes there have been cases where grain silos and flour mills have exploded due to wheat, but in those cases the air inside was SATURATED with flour particles, that's a LOT of flour, far more than can be reasonably exploited by an adventurer, unless they happen to already be in a Flour Mill, but that is a highly specific situation and one that cannot be relied on to happen.
>>
>>46634021
I'd qualify a big fireball as fucking scary dude.
>>
File: 1362941250455.jpg (29 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1362941250455.jpg
29 KB, 500x500
>>46634259
This guy get this

>>46634021
>>46634244
And you are both fucking autistic. You are thinking about God-know how strong and powerful blow. What the fuck?!
The idea here is to create a sudden, brief discharge, similar to fucking fire cracker. Is it dangerous? No. Is it scary? Fucking yes!

And you both make an idiotic and fully autistic argument about all the conditions required to create fucking explosion powerful enough to destroy a flour silo.
What for?!
>>
File: 1428093917541.png (21 KB, 176x232) Image search: [Google]
1428093917541.png
21 KB, 176x232
>>46619105
>mfw the newest member of our party has no gear or supplies listed besides a weapon and a suit or armor
>>
File: 2.png (186 KB, 298x423) Image search: [Google]
2.png
186 KB, 298x423
>>46634518
>Not handling to players basic starting gear
>>
>>46634367
What we've learned here is that 90% of arguments are arguing past each other due to terminology. You said "fucking scary" and meant "frightening [from surprise or appearance]", and they saw "fucking scary" as in "frightening in its effectiveness or devastation."

Neither of you are wrong, neither of you are autistic, because you are both accurately making the case for two distinct ideas.

Hopefully you can learn from this, and in the future recognize the situation and clarify terms instead of escalating a non
-existant argument. This isn't an insult, it's a suggestion to make future posting smoother and less salty.
>>
>>46620530
i can confirm the clapper was created so that people who were wheelchair bound could turn out the lights while they were already in bed.
>>
File: ogdTSvo.gif (592 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
ogdTSvo.gif
592 KB, 300x168
>>46634822
This is about how much I care
>>
>>46634892
Well, there's nobody here to impress, given your anonymity, but if you like arguing against people who aren't even actually arguing against you, risking looking like an idiot in the process, that's your choice. It looks like your "call them autistic and avoid clearing up confusion" strategy, uh, works for you, so more power to you.
>>
>>46634367
>both
Anon. Thats a 5, now 6, man arguement on how you're a retard that thinks throwing flour is somehow going to be conducive to fireball making when we've told you the air has to be fucking saturated to even attempt it otherwise it actually snuffs out fire.
>>
>>46635084
But that's wrong dummy. You can totally throw flour onto a fire and get a bigass fireball.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBOoaKMV8tQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szoju3DQ14Q
>>
>>46635019
>Cleaning up confusion
Why should I clean up for someone who created the mess in the first place with autistic approach to issue? Fucking englighten me.
>>
>>46635084
And there are about 4 or 5 different anons posting how fucking stupid you are with the constant "B-but it won't tear up a building apart!"
Nobody is aiming for that. But fucking suddend fireballs out of nothing are nice, even if harmless. Because they are fucking scary. I got that from the initial post by the initial anon.
And what you are doing now?
>>
>>46635228
Inb4
>HURR
>This doesn't count
>DURR
>>
>>46635386
You want to learn some grammar before you start posting? Might let us actually try and understand the point you're attempting to make.
>>
>>46635355
You both made the mess. They misunderstood, and rather than saying "No, I meant this", you said "No, you're wrong". That just asks for more pointless bickering. Are you aiming for more pointless bickering? Don't you have anything better to do?
>>
File: agvq60W_460s.jpg (32 KB, 460x285) Image search: [Google]
agvq60W_460s.jpg
32 KB, 460x285
>>46635449
Not even the anon, but seriously - try harder
>>
File: o.gif (2 MB, 320x256) Image search: [Google]
o.gif
2 MB, 320x256
>>46635460
>Complains about pointless bitching
>By bitching on his own
>>
>>46635410
I'm actually not seeing how that would work. you'd have to already have the guy on fire then just start whiping flour at him. Seems odd is all.
>>
File: Autism explained.jpg (25 KB, 460x272) Image search: [Google]
Autism explained.jpg
25 KB, 460x272
>>46635511
>>
>>46635511
NIGGA YOU HAVE A TORCH
>>
File: This entire thread.gif (480 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
This entire thread.gif
480 KB, 500x282
>>
File: Beyond.png (547 KB, 374x667) Image search: [Google]
Beyond.png
547 KB, 374x667
>>46635511
>Can't comprehend simple concept
>Creates a shitstorm about it
>Then declares it impossible to do
>Because he still doesn't get it
>>
>>46635505
I'm not bitching, I'm trying to let you know what caused this whole debacle, so that it can be avoided in the future. Why are you treating everybody who doesn't agree with you as an enemy, or somebody to be mocked? Do you think that's a conducive way to go through life? Do you just want to feel better about yourself? Maybe, do you just not care about anything, and want to get some cheap thrills upsetting people online?

I can't claim to know why you're acting so obstinate about this, but I do know that there are more productive uses of your time, and like beating it to fetish porn, after the initial rush has worn off, all this vitriol is going to look a lot more unappealing. Isn't it better to have a discussion than to going insults? Isn't it more fun to think up new ideas together rather than waste time arguing past each other?

Why are you so intent on pushing others away?
>>
>>46625899
Kinky seks, what else?
>>
File: 1444312370741.png (362 KB, 523x592) Image search: [Google]
1444312370741.png
362 KB, 523x592
>>46635690
>Expecting from anyone to give a single fuck about any part of this bullshit
Tumblr called. They've asked why you aren't there, fighting for social justice or some other shit.
>>
>>46635690
Jesus, this is your first 4chan thread, isn't it?
>>
>>46635690
lurk some moar faggot, this is 4chan not your tumblr blog.
>>
>>46619105
Do you bring flour when you go hiking or camping?
There are more practical ways to carry carbs
>>
>>46635019
>Here, let's appeal to his anonymity
>Then let's appeal to the fact he's making an idiot out of himself in front of the public
Logic is not your strongest side, anon
>>
>>46635671
I never said it was impossible i just said i wasn't seeing the practical application. If you have a torch he's already on fire or you've gotten close enough to stab him so why not just do that? If its for the magically retarded again the above point. If its for the magical gifted then why not just do an actual fireball that has an actual explosive effect and from range?
I'm just personally having issues seeing an actual benefit from using it to attempt to make non-effective flashfires when theres every option thats effective you could do instead.
Maybe for some dramatic effect for stage productions or such but again magic is a thing.
>>
>>46635872
Hiking and camping? No
Road trip that takes more than three days - of course I fucking do.

Seriously, you act as if the PCs were never travelling for more than a day and never get themselves into wilderness, not to mention ability to resupply. Kids no longer play Oregon Trail or what?
>>
>>46635872
1. I don't fight goblins, explore forgotten tombs, and brave deadly traps while I'm out hiking.
2. The flour's not for eating. Read the thread.
>>
>>46635901
>Hey, I don't understand this!
>Which means it's invalid and impossible, not to mention impractical
No, it means you are too fucking dumb to grasp the most basic concept of panic and sudden shock.
>>
>>46635901
>Magic is a thing
And what if it's not? Or when you don't have mage? Jesus, are you really such a tool or "just pretending"?
>>
>>46635901
And this is why taking MacGyver off was a bad thing to do
>>
>>46635925
>Hiking and camping? No
>Road trip that takes more than three days - of course I fucking do.
That's the very opposite of logic.It's a lot easier to get supplies on the road than in the fucking forest.
You act like bread can't be eaten after a day and oats or rice don't exist. Flour is just a less practical option
>>
>>46635986
>>46635966
>>46636034
Again. I'm not saying theirs serious applications. I'm saying i'm just not seeing them among all the other viable options you could take at every step of the process.
Best bet i can think of is medieval axe spray can flamethrower with a torch and flour but its boom goes in all directions possibly with your hand in the blast radius.
You could be a group of dicks and surround a guy you lit on fire and start chucking which would suck for him but again there's more efficient and viable options you could have done unless being a group of asses, which is fine and hilarious, is your actual goal.
>>
>>46636060
>Sticking to literal meaning of words
Fine, when I fucking go sailing on motherfucking high-sea, I take the motherfucking flour with me, because there are no shops for next few weeks and flour is perfect to make shitload of food that won't spoil at all. No, I don't have a fucking refridgerator, bakery nor other such nice and convinient things with myself on the yacht. I've got two-burner gas cooker, two pots and a fucking frying pen. And flour is absolute basics, right after pasta and rice.

So fuck you, another stupid autist in this thread.
>>
>>46636060
You try eating hard tack a day later.
>>
File: 1455735972493.jpg (81 KB, 800x531) Image search: [Google]
1455735972493.jpg
81 KB, 800x531
>>46636177
>Being this fucking dense
Can we skip the part where you are an inimaginative guy that can't fucking figure out what deception, ambush, surprise and fucking panic are and get to the point where you finally shut the fuck up with your "b-but that wouldn't work, since I can't think about practical way of using it on daily basis in every single fucking situation"

You. Are. Fucking. Retarded.

And if you are just pretending, then you are not pretending, but actually still retarded.
>>
>>46636177
You are either being deliberately obtuse or are actually dumb.

You're an idiot either way. You fucking idiot.
>>
>>46636208
a sea voyage is nothing like trekking through the wilderness, my fellow autist.
You know since your ship can carry tons of supplies.
Like a wagon you say? Well, you're not taking that into the wilderness with you (unless it's very suitable terrain)
>>
>>46636060
>You act like bread can't be eaten after a day
Have you tried eating a bread after a week? And I'm talking about bread that you can preserve in nice, tidy and plastic bag, not just any given bread.
I will give you a clue - if not mold will take it, then it will be fucking unedible because of shit taste at this point. Or because it's dry as fuck, hard-tack style.
You know what eating fucking hard-tack for days does to morale within few successive meals with it? Yeah, that's one of the main reasons why Scandinavia is so fucking high in suicide ratings.
>>
File: My face.png (9 KB, 834x601) Image search: [Google]
My face.png
9 KB, 834x601
>>46636317
I've got a clue for you.
Can you for like... 5 seconds... stop thinking in the most literal way possible?
And then consider again the possibility of travelling through any given fucking terrain for few days, weeks of months without any way to resupply and THEN tell me how pointless it is to bring fucking flour.

And save me the "wagons can't into wilderness" bullshit, pretty fucking please, with motherfucking sugar on top. Because idiots like you are the reason why we can't have fucking bicycles in most of post-apo settings.
>>
File: 6e8.jpg (20 KB, 960x422) Image search: [Google]
6e8.jpg
20 KB, 960x422
The only fucking way to describe the experience of reading this thread so far
>>
>>46630856
Which is why you don't dig a 7x4' hole.

You dig a 1x1 foot hole, bury one limb in a plastic bag (sans bits like fingertips, teeth, etc; that's what the pliers are for. Those you crush to a pulp and dump in water) nice and deep, then repeat the process several miles away with another limb.
>>
>>46636214
I have. It sucks but it sure as fuck is practical.
>>46636379
Traveling for a few days without resupplying is why shit like Hard-tack is a thing. If you go a few months you're committing fantasy-suicide.
You can take a wagon or ride a bike down some sort of trail but not through the actual wilderness.
>>
>>46636568
I've got a shorter one for you
You stand on the bridge. You wait for the freight train. You throw body parts at the wagons from the bridge.
They will NEVER collect the body, even if they will obviously find pieces of it.

Also, digging small-ass holes is the easiest way to fuck up. It really takes a lot of dedication to dig few meters down, but shallow grave can be discovered by sheer fucking accident.
>>
>>46635690

People on this site seem to actually take pride in shitty communication. They're like sitcom characters.

Seriously, I've seen better conflict resolution on Tumblr. Fucking Tumblr has people more capable of controlling their outrage.
>>
>>46636607
>You can't take a wagon into the actual wilderness
What is Great Trek. You ever saw how those parts of SA look like? All the fucking rocky hills without any roads whatsoever? And it was done with motherfucking oxens, not horses.

Or the fucking Oregon Trail, which for really large part of it went right through fucking wilderness in the fucking mountains of Montana and Oregon.

Or the fucking California Trail, which was nice and cozy until Sierra Nevadas started.

So please fucking shut the fuck up, because this thread had enough stupid autists already.
>>
>>46636633
Nah nigga, if you toss the whole corpse at a train it's going to get noticed and reported, and they're going to have the body for DNA testing while it's still fresh. Half the point is not triggering suspicion at all, the rest is making sure that by the time anybody can actually go looking it's already decayed too much to be identified.

That's a great way to get rid of the fingertips, though. The train mashes them flat and birds take care of the rest.
>>
>>46636607
Then go and eat hard-tack for two months. Hell, for a month. Nothing else, just hard-tack.
Go on, try. I doubt you will last a week on it, but the deal is for a month.

Then preach about "practicality" of something you must fucking force down your throat after a while, because that's how revolting it gets
>>
>>46620590
>Go try to find the "80 dollar snuggie". You wont.
A quick search DOES turn up one that's $80...for horses.
>>
>>46636745
1) Who will saw it?
2) Who said it's still fresh?
3) Who will fucking turn out entire freight of coal, all 50 wagons of it, to see if there is something more than just one random hand?
4) I've just read the last part. You sir are a fucking retard. You are not using the train as a way to smash the body, you are simply tossing the body parts at the top of freight wagons, preferably those with coal. Chances are, they will never find half of the body because it's somewhere between 170 thousands tonnes of coal
>>
>>46636771
Anon, you know that trail rations are more than just hardtack, right?
However, hardtack and other dried, easily carried items are what make up rations. Dried meats, berries, root veggies, things you can easily toss into a soup pot.
>>
>>46636771
Where the fuck is your party going for a month or two, without the possibility of resupplying?
They're also not eating just hard tack for that week or two max they're gonna be awat from people to barter with. People can forage a little
>>
>>46636917
To fucking mountains, hunt the wanted criminal.
Seriously, if you can't even imagine a game which takes more than a week if time in-game or placed in sparsely populated world/region, then what the fuck are you doing in tabletop RPG?

What people to barter with? And what to forage if it's a motherfucking early spring? You've got the supplies on the wagon and the other anon was stupid enough to claim hard-tack is fine and all you need.

Seriously guys, you are so fucking overly optimistic about the prospect of getting food from hunting and forage in the wild it's just absurd. Maybe don't take supplies at all then? Who needs them, if you can forage a little.
>>
>>46636831
>Who will fucking turn out entire freight of coal, all 50 wagons of it, to see if there is something more than just one random hand?
You do realize that's not remotely unusual under the circumstances, right?
Especially considering that their first assumption on finding a body part is probably going to be a workplace accident, which means they might be liable, which means they're going to dig for any proof it isn't their fault that they can find in hopes of avoiding federal fines and bad press.

Plus, just tossing it down into the wagon isn't going to fucking bury the thing. It's just going to sit on top of the coal (in plain sight of, for example, anybody standing on every other bridge it passes) until the coal's actually dumped.
Not to mention that bridges over train tracks are usually walled off to prevent exactly this sort of thing.

>Who said it's still fresh?
So you want to, what, just hold on to the body until rot sets in, THEN dispose of it? That's stupid. You want to get rid of it as quickly as is practical with as few interactions as possible. If you have somewhere you can put it until it's rotten, why not just fucking leave it there and never go back again?
>>
>>46619132
Did you know that you are using that wrong?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZfpQzV2GnM
>>
Chalk.

>>46625665
>unitasker
>>
>>46637258
I know it's fucking impossible to done, because:
- I live in coal town
- there were at least two criminal cases like that in past decade that got detected in my country
- all they've got were random pieces
- nothing helped, since it could be lobbed on the top of the train at any point and the bodies can end up even abroad
- it was detected in both cases in power plants, when the coal was on the way to the furnaces
Long story short - you are making a shitload of pointless and simply unrealistic assumptions. And the part about sitting in the top of the coal? Only when it's transported in wagons, which is coincidently also the only time nobody looks at the top.

Seriously, you are over-complicating a very simple and effective solution. They weren't even able to match the body parts with anyone, hell, the first case ended up labelled as fucking accident back in '05
>>
>>46636208
>No, I don't have a fucking refrigerator, bakery nor other such nice and convenient things with myself on the yacht.
Wow, even yacht clubs have poorfags.
>>
>>46619105
Carry hardtack. Flour will just leak or blow away.
Thread replies: 161
Thread images: 30

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.