[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sup /tg/, so funny story I went to a Con over the weekend and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 6
File: Relics_Britanan.jpg (239 KB, 800x1084) Image search: [Google]
Relics_Britanan.jpg
239 KB, 800x1084
Sup /tg/, so funny story I went to a Con over the weekend and on the Saturday I wandered over to a stand in the dealer's hall I hadn't seen get much attention that day or the last. It was a little skirmish wargame that I feel in love with in about ten seconds because you can play as Napoleonic rag dolls.

Point being I went and bought a starter set, the rulebook and a blister of extra troops before actually knowing anything substantial about it and I want to know if any of you have played the game and if it's any good. If I have just blown some cash on adorable models for a mediocre game then I'm fine with that but it would be nice to know before I try to convince my friends that buying into it is a good idea.

The game is called Relics and it's made by TOR gaming.
>>
>>46611309
I haven't played it but I had some friends pick some up last year.
>>
>>46612207
Do any of they play the ugly orc/troll faction? They were the only models I couldn't bring myself to like.
>>
File: Highlanders_in_red.jpg (199 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Highlanders_in_red.jpg
199 KB, 800x600
>>46611309
Little bump.
>>
File: Britanan_Trooper_company.jpg (181 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Britanan_Trooper_company.jpg
181 KB, 800x600
>>46611309
This is not a popular game is it?
>>
>>46616709
No, chief, it is not.
But it looks cute enough.
Is it light enough to be beer and pretzels at the club, or would you need people investing time to build lists etc.?
>>
File: Brits_vs_pain_dwarfs.jpg (208 KB, 675x900) Image search: [Google]
Brits_vs_pain_dwarfs.jpg
208 KB, 675x900
>>46617298
There's not any structure requirements or upgrades so you're just paying for models up to a limit.

The only necessity is a model with command so your force isn't crippled in the actions it can take. The whole object when rolling is to produce double of D6s, you can do this with high base values or by getting little models to do Gang-up attacks. The turn order is alternating activations.

The scale makes me think you can run the spectrum from very casual to competitive.
>>
File: Birthday-Cake-1080x584.jpg (143 KB, 1080x584) Image search: [Google]
Birthday-Cake-1080x584.jpg
143 KB, 1080x584
>>46611309
Last little bump before bed in case the rare unicorn of a Relics players actually shows up.
>>
>>46616709
>uk company
>30mm scale for reasons
>giant, oversize bases
>probably for reasons
>girlish, cutesy dolly theme
>single roll combat
>doubles kill
>not popular

Gee, I can't imagine why not.
>>
File: questioning.jpg (52 KB, 269x222) Image search: [Google]
questioning.jpg
52 KB, 269x222
>>46621191

>>girlish, cutesy dolly theme
Are we looking at the same game? Or do ragdoll creatures automatically equate to "cutesy girly" now, regardless of any other property and override the tone of the rest of the setting?
>>
I wanna like it, but its only got 1 actually good faction (the dolls) and like 3 kinda ok maybe factions. So yea its another skirmishy game that got still birthed because its too weird and different which is a shame.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.