[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MTG Legacy General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 8
File: Flavors-of-Delver-Icon.jpg (113 KB, 768x432) Image search: [Google]
Flavors-of-Delver-Icon.jpg
113 KB, 768x432
Anyone going to GP Columbus?

I'm deciding to either play Death and Taxes, Grixis Delvers, Sneak and Show, or Storm.

What are you playing and building right now?

Anything from the new set you are testing?
>>
>>46611292
I'm playing Reanimator and Dredge, kind of silly to pick 2 combo decks that both fold to GY hate, but oh well. I think next I'm going to build painter, and I pray to Christ that they reprint imperial servant in EM
>>
>>46611292
Playing fish, ant, manages dredge
Building: deciding on buying duals for the above
I don't think there is anything that would really fit in legacy from the new set. Thing in ice is close, but that's all I can think of
>>
>>46612483
>thing in the ice
>legacy
Yeah just like every other meme card scg and cf jerk off
>>
>>46611292
WU Miracles, Shardless BUG, BUG Delver, and D&T.

Nothing from SoI seems appealing enough, yet. Maybe some Archangel Avacyns for casual angels.
>>
File: 55245541_p0.jpg (327 KB, 872x1200) Image search: [Google]
55245541_p0.jpg
327 KB, 872x1200
I've been thinking about getting into legacy from modern. How does this list look? Any changes you would make personally?

http://mtgtop8.com/event?e=11920&d=268225&f=LE

Before anyone asks, no I didn't play modern eldrazi during the dark times.
>>
>>46612568
If you want to play aggro just play modern. Unless you're playing legacy to win, I'd choose a deck you really enjoy before buying into
>>
>>46612661
I've been looking at lists for a while now and I'll be doing a proxy legacy tourney with a few friends soon which should help me fogure out which deck(s) I like, hopefully. The thing is I dislike aggro and prefer controlling or big mana strategies (RG now RGU Tron in modern). The closest things I found similar in legacy were MUD and 12 Post. Am I missing anything?
>>
File: 1423015354116.png (240 KB, 324x340) Image search: [Google]
1423015354116.png
240 KB, 324x340
>7 replies
>thread already dead
>legacy really is a dead format
>mfw
>>
Does anybody use chinese fakes? I really want to get into legacy but since the duals spiked I don't want to drop that much on cardboard. Are the fakes good enough to pass at local events? What about larger things like opens and GPs? How much shit will I get if someone calls me out on it?
>>
>>46616163
I had a bunch of fakes from stoneman that weren't too bad, a little discolored but I double sleeve so it was very hard to tell on the table. Never intended to use em at events tho just for proxies.

duals are kinda hard since the real ones are all so old and the fakes look too new and fresh. Havent tried personally but I would imagine they would not be that hard to detect.
>>
>>46616036
It's sad, Legacy is truly best format. EDH is a close second I've met more awesome people by playing Legacy than I have by playing Modern.
>>
I play high tide and lands.

Not building anything currently, I feel netdecking has kind of destroyed magic.
>>
File: 1449462973056.jpg (57 KB, 567x561) Image search: [Google]
1449462973056.jpg
57 KB, 567x561
>>46616419
I play modern and went to a GPT... Holy shit there are so many butthurt autists in that format. What's legacy's community like?
>>
>>46616747
This might come as a surprise, but they actually still love playing the game
>>
>>46616800
Impossible, magic can't be fun.
>>
>>46611292
Going to GP Prague. Before that, there's the Magiccardmarket event in Frankfurt.

Will play either Goblins, TES, or Grixis Pyro/Delver. Will have to playtest a lot more, it's been more than half a year since I actually played Legacy competitively.

I want to try Thing in the Ice in Grixis, but it's obviously not great to get a lot of Elemental tokens and then kill them all. Maybe in the board against Pyroclasm.
>>
I want to join the legacy mustard rice but I'm a giant fucking snowflake so I got a boner for a rogue deck

http://mtgdecks.net/decks/view/313194

Is there any reason buying into this would be a huge fucking mistake?
>>
>>46617216
Just play NicFit.
>>
>>46617275
But muh birthing pod
>>
>>46617216
It should be mono U painter, but... Well, it's Sultai.

You could also play Sultai Shardless goodstuff.
>>
>>46617336
NicFit plays a couple pods iirc
>>
File: 8TCOLdU.jpg (877 KB, 5822x3425) Image search: [Google]
8TCOLdU.jpg
877 KB, 5822x3425
Is there any competitive decks that run Stasis? It is my favourite card and I was wondering if I could build a deck that uses it
>>
>>46617374
The lists I'm looking at on mtgtop8 don't have any tho.
>>
>>46617431
The great thing about Nic Fit is that it's so customizable. If you want to run Birthing Pod, then just add Birthing Pod.
>>
>>46616036
Legacy players don't need a support group
>>
>>46617431
Nic fit is a wide archetype. Pod nic fit is viable, usually running 1 recurring nightmare for giggles
>>
>>46612202
The thing about hate though is that a) they need to draw it b) they need to be able to land it through cabal therapies/not waste it too early (no one runs leylines except other dredgers) c) win the game after you've played decay or just rebuilt through a relic/crypt.
>>
>>46617422
I've seen mono u black vise/stasis. There is a reasonable lost out there

Stasis + phasing is also fucking hilarious
>>
>>46618293
Stasis and phasing? What's the interaction?
>>
>>46616893
Legacy tends to have the guys that have been playing this game for a long time and stick around because they love it. The higher buy in, while terrible, does filter out a lot of the assholes and WAACs. Go proxy up a legacy deck, it's a ton of fun.
>>
>>46618293
Also, I will have to give Vise and Stasis a look, luckily I've got a playset of both laying around
>>
>>46618363
Things phase in on upkeep. If you phase out there board, it doesn't come back until Stasis dies
>>
>>46618516
You mean untap.
>>
>>46618516
That sounds nasty, will look into it, thanks!
>>
Let's talk about some serious Legacy issues.

Masques or Ice Age brainstorm?

Which ponder is the right ponder?

If you don't have beta plows, Ice Age or Revised?

What basic land art is correct?
>>
>>46618730
For the STP and brainstorm both the correct answer is coldsnap theme deck reprints.
>>
>>46618730
>Ice Age or Masques
Conspiracy/Duel Decks. Vintage Masters is also an acceptable answer.

>which Ponder?
Magic 2010 and Magic 2012.

>Ice Age or Revised?
Revised. Best to stick with the tried and true.

>Best basic land?
John Avon Magic 2011 (231) Plains
Mark Poole Green 4ED Island
Bob Eggleton Mirage Swamp
John Avon 5ED Mountain (snowcap)
Adam Paquette Theros (248) Forest
>>
For fellow D&T players, what do you think of Warping Wails somewhere in the 75? And what do you board in if you're expecting to see them board jn Dread of Night? Or Sulfur Elemental.
>>
File: 20160411_215705.jpg (4 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160411_215705.jpg
4 MB, 5312x2988
>>46618730
>>46619351
>not running the full arts
>>
>>46621454
I honestly just don't like them
>>
Just got 4 chalice for 120 dollars, fuck yeah bros.
>>
Working on getting a set of German fbb bolts. I'm working on getting my deck foreigned out.
>>
File: Rwy2xsb.png (367 KB, 480x539) Image search: [Google]
Rwy2xsb.png
367 KB, 480x539
God damn I love this game and legacy just seems like a place where there are people with the same affection for this game. You legacy players of /tg/ have helped me understand that this format is the best format. I have enough in trades and cash to essentially buy into any deck. So here it is sell me on your favorite legacy deck!
>>
>>46621917
I'd like to recomendamos Dredge. Here's why; first of all its pretty inexpensive. Second of all, it runs Lions Eye Diamond, and Cabal Therapy, which are the only real expensive cards and they are legacy staples and can be used in lots of decks. Third, it's a good deck to start legacy with, cause you will be casting cabal therapy all the time, and I honestly don't think there's a better card to learn legacy with besides cabal therapy. You're going to be playing the card so much, and lookin at so many hands, and learning so much, and for that reason I think Dredge, which is the best cabal therapy casting deck in Legacy is a good place to start. Also it's a pretty darn good combo deck, and if graveyard hate is low you can definitely win some games, as it's not tier 1 but it will always be at least a solid deck.
>>
>>46622063
I think if you want to talk about the deck where cabal therapy is Nic Fit. You really need to hit with your therapies, and cast them twice as much as dredge
>>
>>46618730
Foils: pimp or anti-pimp?
>>
>>46618730
>Ice Age or Masques
The Ice Age reprint in the Coldsnap Box Set

>which Ponder?
Lorwyn for sure

>Ice Age or Revised?
I like the 5th edition one because of the centered text. I've grown to like the Ice Age art, though, and with the Coldsnap Box Set you can get it in black border. Either's fine, I think, but the best is the FNM promo with the Milton quote.

>Best basic land?
There's so many good choices, but I've come to really love all the snow-covered basics from both Ice Age and Coldsnap.
>>
>>46616380
When you want a card to look old, use the old sand paper and coffee trick
>>
>>46624532
I'd say anti pimp, but altered cards can be classy
>>
>>46611292
I play D&T (>>46619656 is me) and I'm building Grixis Delver. I'd love to try Hymn to Tourach in it, because I love that card. Nothing from the new set has really caught my eye for either of those decks, but I really like Skin Invasion. Actually, a lot of the transform cards this block have been really cool - I love Startled Awake and Elusive Tormentor especially. It's the one thing that Shadows has done better than OG Innistrad - much better, in my opinion.
>>
>>46625025
>Lorwyn ponder

The gentleman's choice

>Snow lands
I'd go with Time Spiral islands because I just love the art, but snow lands look really dandy
>>
>>46618730
>Brainstorm
Vintage Masters. Or, for paper, Conspiracy.
>Ponder
Lorwyn, not close.
>StP
Ice Age
>Basics
As long as they match, and have black borders, you have options. Zendikar/Unhinged are the standard, but if I ever build D&T I'm using exclusively the Dragon's Maze Prerelease Plains.
>>
>>46618730
>Masques or Ice Age brainstorm?
Masques.
>Which ponder is the right ponder?
I play M10 because M10 was the set where I really got into magic. I've played before, but never as much as I did during M10-Zendikar

>What basic land art is correct?
I play Rob Alexander basics from Odyssey. He illustrated at least 1 for each color for Odyssey, so that's pretty sweet. Full art lands are shit. There, I said it.
>>
>>46621454
fullart is nouveau riche pleb tier.
>>
>>46611292
I'm playing esper miracles, it's really fun unless I play goblins or burn. The black makes me lose harder and win better. Doesn't help too much at all but I like playing my favourite colors in the second best format, (vintage Master race)
>>
>>46621917
Enchantress is the best: sexy girls that allow you to stop your opponent doing whatever they are doing and then they have to sit and watch you draw like 30 cards each turn until you summon an emrakul or make like 40 angel tokens
>>
>>46625661
Any full art card is pretty gross.

>>46625105
Alters can be really cool, as long as they aren't animeshit alters.

Foils are the original expeditions: shittier cards at a higher price
>>
>>46625108
Grixis delver doesn't run enough black to support hymn. You need to change the manabase significantly, or play BUG delver
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-04-04-23-42-38.png (3 MB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-04-04-23-42-38.png
3 MB, 1080x1920
Playing this tbqh. But the more I play loam Pox the more i realize it's the poor man's lands.
>>
As manaless dredge what do I do vs reanimator when they drop elesh norn? My current game plan has been scoop and cry. Can regular dredge deal with it?
>>
>>46632194
The matchup is so favored for Reanimator it's not even funny, it's worse than Rip+Helm and D&T. Your best bet is to mull to a Leyline (4 of side always) and try to do your thing while Cabal Therapying Show and Tell, which is a sideboard plan B for them. Also
>playing manaless dredge ever
>>
>>46632325
>playing manaless dredge ever
It was given to me for free. I felt obligated to learn how to play it and use it every now and then
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.