[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/40krpg/ General: Withdrawal Symptoms Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 37
File: wh40krpop.png (162 KB, 600x255) Image search: [Google]
wh40krpop.png
162 KB, 600x255
For all your questions on Dark Heresy (1st and 2nd Editions), Rogue Trader, Deathwatch, Black Crusade, and Only War. Not the wargame. Not Chapter Master. Or Space Hulk. ROLEPLAYING.

Book Repositories (If you're planning o downloading any Rogue Trader materials, read the .txt file I put in the RT directory.)
https://mega.nz/#F!Pl0UgbJa!vDtTXMKnvZ26fUbuw4X9tg
Shield of Humanity PDF
https://mega.nz/#!xlRWBaiI!MmOEkMse0wHVsyLDGbZJVGUXgVEuB9lWSyVl6ZhvgGM

40K RPG tools, a site that contains stats or references for almost all weapons, armour and NPCs/adverseries. Not updated past DH2 core.
http://www.40krpgtools.com/

40k RPG Combined Armory (v5.43.150418), containing every piece of gear in all five lines. Not updated with any DH2 content.
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/i3akv9qx9q05z

Fear and Loathing (Ver 1.5.2) and The Fringe is Yours (Ver 1.6.0), /tg/ made Rogue Trader homebrew supplements for playable xenos, Knights, Horus Heresy gear, and other things
http://www.mediafire.com/view/kpl4pvkdiidvg6n/Fear_and_Loathing.pdf
http://www.mediafire.com/download/2zfoc5jo7s7vrb5/The_Fringe_is_Yours.pdf

Previous Thread
>>46479534

Not the usual OP guy, just haven't seen a new thread all weekend.
>>
Has your group ever used or made any poisons or diseases that have more of an effect beyond the Toxic quality?
>>
>>46598138

There's a bunch in the Dark Eldar book that I used. Ranging from asphyxiation to "your heart explodes"
>>
>>46598138
Dark Heresy 1 GM screen had a couple, like stun or toughness damage
>>
Does anybody know of a way to get more than one reaction other than Defensive Stance? I thought there was a talent for it, but I'm not seeing it anywhere.
>>
>>46598659
Wall of Steel and Step Aside. The former has been rolled into Step Aside in 40krpg 2nd edition.
>>
File: ITSEKSs.jpg (556 KB, 1512x984) Image search: [Google]
ITSEKSs.jpg
556 KB, 1512x984
>>46598583
>dark eldar
I heard that there was a splatbook for playing as commorites. Has anyone played it? What kind of things did you do?
>>
I'm about to get into a Dark Heresy 1e campaign and I went with Cleric because I thought it'd be a fun class to take. I talked it over with the GM and they allowed me to substitute Banisher in from Daemon Hunter for Rank 1, then I rolled up Hive World Middle Hive. I couldn't ask for a better or smooth sailing character creation. I asked a thread or so ago about Hive Worlds so that I could think of a good personality for my Cleric. This is what I was thinking, he's basically a sleeper agent for the Banishers.

When interacting with normal people or not really dealing with any combat/Heresy stuff, he flounders a bit in talking. Pauses to figure out what to say, says "Um/Uh" a lot, mumbles, etc. While playing this off may be a bit difficult with my high Fellowship (39), I think I can manage it. I'm thinking going the route of "I wasn't really taught how to preach, they said it'd come to me if the Emperor was with me," sort of deal. Failure means he couldn't find the right words, success means the Emperor guided him to persuade the other person. However, as soon as Heresy/Warp/Witches/Mutants/Xenos gets mentioned/appears, it flips a switch in his head and he can perfectly audibly talk, recite prayers/litanies with precision, and doesn't hesitate with any decision he makes. He can still miss/fail, but any self-doubt is removed. Willpower also being 34 is good because most tests that involve it will probably involve one of the triggers above.

What do you guys think? I'm worried the character might be a bit too weak in a world of "in the grimdarkness of the future there is only war." That I'm not playing the Cleric correctly. I ran it by the GM and they said it was alright, just want to get a feel for what other people think and if they have any ideas. This also works due to being out of "his proper hab" of his home Hive World, sheltered by the Ecclesiarchy.
>>
File: Call of Shooty.jpg (62 KB, 800x1000) Image search: [Google]
Call of Shooty.jpg
62 KB, 800x1000
>>46597412
So in my next session of DH2e, the party will be traveling to a village on a desert feudal world. The local chaos cult has been recruiting warriors there. The planet has an Ork infestation, and the cult's whole argument is "The Imperium keeps the Orks around to train warriors against, but will never wipe them out and keep your homes safe."
What are some fun ideas for the local Ork tribe? Keep in mind, this is a tribe, not a full on WAAAAGH, and while they're not feral, technology is kinda rare for them. I'm thinking only the Nobz get guns of any kinds and they have maybe one trukk or battle wagon.
>>
>>46600297
Sounds cool, bro. Don't worry too much about being weak. Everyone starts off as a fragile sack of glass at rank 1.
>>
>>46600148
The playable Deldar rules are in the Rogue Trader book The Soul Reaver.

A question for the OW players out here; which is the correct damage rating for the Vanquisher cannon? The 3d10+10 in the weapon stat list, or the 3d10+5 cited in the Leman Russ Vanquisher's specific entry?
>>
>>46600148
That would be Soul Reaver + The Dark Kin.

I ran as a "Deny yourself for a long duration so that when you finally cave and draw pain from a creature, you nearly melt in sadistic joy" type of fellow and liked using the Liquid Agony poison on people occasionally.

Was pretty fun.
>>
>>46600419
I meant weak willed. All of the character archetypes are pretty stone cold, heartless bastards. I just don't want to ruin the fun of playing the game by not playing to that archetype.
>>
>>46600464
Don't see anything in the Living Errata document, so I'd say it'd follow the "Specifics beat general" rule of thumb and that the Leman Russ one is right.
>>
File: imperial_knight_crusader2.jpg (215 KB, 1200x866) Image search: [Google]
imperial_knight_crusader2.jpg
215 KB, 1200x866
My friends and I are finally starting a game where we're all playing as Imperial Knights in Rogue Trader. I'll be running the game, since I was the one who got all the books together. We're running a mix of rulesets, taking what we liked. We're using The Fringe is Yours as a base, but with the Throne Mechanicum imprints from Chivalry Intensifies for extra flavors. One player is really knowledgable about 40k, even more than me, and he's offered to guide one of the other players who's never done it before. The other two are fans of /tg/ storytimes, and built their nobles with that in mind. Things are set in the galactic south, so I can have a wide variety of enemies to challenge them inside and outside their knights.

We've first got the experienced Sir Roland Olimund, base class Rogue Trader. He hails from the mighty House Hawkshroud, and pilots a Questoris Knight Paladin, with the Ancient and Wise imprint. The quintessential knight in shining armor, Old Sir Roland is pushing his 200th year, and his beard is as long as the stories he tells. he can always be relied on to lend an ear, as well as offer sound advice. He has taken young Avitan under his wing. Inside and outside his knight, he favors melee, and his power sword is ever by his side.

Then, we have Adept Avitan Lectros, base class Explorator. He originates from honored House Raven, and pilots a Cerastus Knight Atrapos, with the Bold and Impetuous imprint. He looks to Sir Olimund with almost hero worship, and is eager to charge forward to begin his own legacy of glory. He heard there was "a knight with a lightsaber" and had to have it. Tends to use a plasma gun when outside of his Knight, and is in awe of his first deployment.

Con't
>>
>>46600591
Yeah, there not being anything in the errata about it is why I asked here. That makes sense to me somewhat, but then again there's a similar problem with the Shadowsword in Shield of Humanity yet the statline in the weapon list is *very* clearly the one that is intended.
>>
>>46600464
I'd go with the +10 one so it at least can be a little bit better than lascannon with full Accurate dice.
>>
File: KnightBattleLineDetachment01.jpg (49 KB, 600x620) Image search: [Google]
KnightBattleLineDetachment01.jpg
49 KB, 600x620
>>46600682

Next we have Raja Ramayan Agnivanshi, base class Missionary. He is a member of the noble House Kshatra, and pilots a Cerastus Knight Acheron, with the Virtuous and Heroic imprint. He is by far the most devout and religious of the group, raised to spread the Creed by battle victories, and his entourage of Sacristans is composed of more priests and deacons than actual tech-adepts. Being a very conservative person, he gets along well with Sir Roland, but is argumentative with Molly. He REALLY likes flame weapons, and chants a prayer with every attack.

Finally, we have Molly Blaze, base class Arch-Militant. She is nominally a member of House Excelsus, and pilots an Acastus Knight Porphyrion. Her Knight does not have an Imprint. She is little better than a gutter rat, in the eyes of everyone else, abrasive and rough. She survived the "Excelsus Death Games," cunningly gunning down her competitors with her rotor cannon to prove her worthiness to pilot a Knight. Deep in her heart, though, she aspires to be a dainty Excelsus Idol, and pursue a career in singing, though her tomboyish nature opposes her. She has no entourage, working on her Knight herself, and often ends the day covered in oil, to the amusement and annoyance of the others.

The players will be the vanguard of a crusade within the Southern Reaches, so we'll see how things turn out. Over time, I plan on having them fight Ork Waaaaaghs, Tyranid monsters, Chaos tank lines, and the forces of a Craftworld intent on delaying the crusade. Were there any minor xenos races down south? I'd like to throw in a surprise every so often to really test them.
>>
>>46600782
>>46600682
This sounds amazing. The best of luck to you and your Knights.
>>
By the Emperor /tg/. My party just had to put down an entire family for heresy. We left the children locked in the house to burn.
>>
>>46601164
Be proud, for you stamped out the very seeds of heresy before they had time to sprout.
>>
File: dow_retirbution_38.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
dow_retirbution_38.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>46601164
It gets easier.
>>
>>46601401

*muffled FUKKEN HERETICS in the distance*
>>
>>46601401
Has anybody had a game where exterminatus actually happened?

Dante Must Die Mode: That *didn't* directly follow the party getting TPKed and failing miserably in their task?
>>
>>46601764
Yeah.

Players found Dark Age weapons silo on a planet. Their intrusion started a self-destruct sequence linked to a gigantic antimatter bomb.

They grabbed what they wanted, and then decided they didn't want to risk their own lives (trying to disarm it) for the sake of one shitty fucking planet, and couldn't feasibly protect what remained from being seized by their enemies even if they did, so they just left posthaste.

Boom, dead planet.

I love Black Crusade.
>>
>>46598138
Used needle pistol and explosives to fuck the shit out of an Eldar corsair raid in conjunction with hallucinogenic spores.
>>
>>46601164

Did they drop any good loot
>>
In Rogue Trader, a Hive Worlder gets Tech Use as an untrained basic skill, apparently because they're surrounded by machinery and industry all their life.
But a Forge Worlder doesn't... why?
>>
>>46604302
Because FFG is kind of derpy, that's why.

That said, Forge Worlders do get Technical Knock and Common Lore (Tech).
>>
Question.

What kind of home world would you guys use in Only War for the Praetorians? Highborn? Imperial World? Fortress World?
>>
>>46604524
Praetorians?
>>
>>46604845
>home world

>>46604524
I would have though a frontier world would have worked, but IIRC praetoria is actually a penal planet or something.
>>
I'm going to be DM'ng for a rogue trader campaign with some friends. The focus will be on colonising new planets beyond the Imperium & exploring them for archeotech, natural resources etc. The worlds will be run by tech-barbarians who can produce stubbers & autoguns but technology beyond that is ancient heirlooms. I'd like for 7 major clans on the first world, 4 of which will have a religion devoted to a daemon of a chaos god (but who presents as a god themself to the savages who worship them) anyone got some ideas for religions which on the surface seem like the kind of worship that those on a warring, harsh world would naturally make but have practices that upon investigation reveal they are fronts for chaos cultists at the top of these faiths?
>>
>>46604302
It COULD be justified as Hive Worlders being surrounded by it, but without enough Tech Priests to go around, meaning they have to have some knowledge of it themselves. Meanwhile, on a Forge World, there is always at least two Tech Priests ready to do any task that needs be done (and it's probably heresy for anyone not ordained to do it).
>>
>>46604302
Because Forge Worlders are controlled by the Adeptus Mechanicus, and they don't want you learning about technology unless it's your job to know about technology.

Average person on a Forgre World won't need to understand how sacred technology works. Average person on a Hive World will probably have had to fix their lights, override a door panel, or unjam an elevator in their time.
>>
Looking at the stats for the Bloodthirster in 2e, I'm somewhat surprised they didn't give it unnatural WS 8 or so.
>>
How would you guys make a Salvage and Recovery Regiment interesting?
>>
>>46605071
>home world
No shit, you're after home world advice. Again, who of the where?
>>
>>46606470
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Praetorian_Guard

These are what is being asked about.
>>
>>46597412
>Rogue Trader
>Get lucky with determining fate points
>Take Profit in the Motivation part of Origin path
>End up with 5 fate points
>Know that fate points regenerate at the start of the next session
>Try to spend all 5 each session
>GM gets pissy
Are fate points really that bad?
>>
>>46606595
How are you spending them?
>>
>>46604524
Do remember that stuff like penitent, highborn and the like, altough on the same "slot" during regiment creation, are indicative of the regiment itself rather than the homeworld as a whole. You could have a highborn regiment coming from the same hive world as a bunch of lower rabble.

That said, by what I can gather on Lexicanum (never read much fluff about them on WD and the like, sorry) they come from a hive world, but by the way they're actually trained and indoctrinated I'd suggest going with penitent and pick the relevant stuff like close order drill and iron discipline. You can even keep it core only.
>>
>>46606463
Recovering a russ that has gone artillery, but not pillbox yet in the middle of a battle.
>>
>>46606463
The first step would have to be having a group that actually wants to play that, then a lot of it would be up to narration. You could always have the campaign revolve around a lot of social stuff since they'd have to often interact with actual combat troops, in and out of combat, the admech and the munitorum.

On the combat side of things though, the most obvious stuff is going around during or after a battle to recover salvageable gear. If you want something that could last a few sessions you could task the players with recovering something of high value from behind enemy lines, like a trademark vehicle or relic that could be important for the morale of the army but has been isolated due to the lines shifting after the last enemy assault.
>>
>>46606698
Rerolls, mostly. And sometimes adding +10 to a test.
>>
>>46606923
Sounds like your GM might just be whinging that you're getting out of things that would otherwise fuck you up/kill you a lot.
>>
>>46606944
I don't think he realises Rogue Trader is less grim and dark than he expects a 40k game to be.
>>
>>46607063
Dunno if I'd call it necessarily *less* grim and dark, but it's certainly not the same sort of grimdark you get in Dark Heresy, that's for damned sure. If anything the fucked-upness of the setting is far more likely to actually play into your favor in RT.
>>
File: Dark Heresy 2E Cover.jpg (116 KB, 600x746) Image search: [Google]
Dark Heresy 2E Cover.jpg
116 KB, 600x746
>>46597412
Which of the RPG lines are likely to update next?
I ask because I've been playing DH2e a lot and been enjoying it, but want to try out one of the other lines. However, I don't want to buy, say, Deathwatch only for it to all update next year. I know Only War is fairly recent, so that might be a safe bet.
>>
>>46607653
The ones with the most updated general mechanics are Only War and Black Crusade.

I dunno if they're planning to bring out a second edition to other lines or not, but if they did, I imagine they'd follow the old schedule and thus the next would be Rogue Trader.
>>
I'm fairly new to DH 2. My character is a Adeptus Mechanicus and I'm thinking to invest in crafting, thought I'm not sure how usefull it is.

It seem far more easy to just try to buy items, since anyway I have to roll for influence (35).

Should I skip it?
>>
>>46607808
>far more easy to just try to buy items
He says with a 25% chance to buy a run-of-the-mill Flamer.
>>
>>46607843
So you think it is worth to invest in tech-use?

I still need to find materials and that's 35% for that flamer.

>When acquiring materials for crafting, determine the item’s Availability and then decrease it by one level (i.e.,Average items become Common, Common items become Plentiful, etc.). The character then makes a equisition test to acquire the materials just as if he were acquiring an item. Once he has the materials, he can then try to create the item.

plus I need a work shop, blue print AND pass an extended test. Seem easier with that 25% roll to me?
>>
>>46607917
One step can be significant, plus nothing says you need blueprints, significnatly more locations will have the components (or items you can make into the components) than the actual item.

Also say you want a Best-Craftmanship Power Sword.
Those are Very Rare, with a crazy rarity modifier.
However the components are still but Rare.

See what I mean? It doesn't make sense to have the Tech-Priest build all your frags, unless you have an abundance of readily available components and no actual frags.

But when you want a goddamn Thunder Hammer, then it's good to know a guy.
>>
>>46608043

>Unlike things made with Survival and Medicae, however, many items created using this skill are fiendishly complex, or their designs a closely guarded secret, and are only available to characters with the right knowledge and access to advanced workshops.

yeah, I think I skip crafting then. perhaps later when the character is good enough to create a Best Craftmanship type.
>>
>>46607731
You can basically run a RT game with dh2e. All you need is some minor stats boosts and equipment upgrades.
>>
>>46607917
>>46608043

Well less reduction to subtlety if you craft your own stuff with a chance to spit out good craftsmanship. You could probably convince the GM to give you bonus xp for creating as well.
>>
>>46609545
>You could probably convince the GM to give you bonus xp for creating as well.
Why?
>>
>>46609625
You literally become more experienced in weapon craft
>>
>>46600682
>>46600782
Hey I remember you! Good to see you got your game off the ground.

>Were there any minor xenos races down south? I'd like to throw in a surprise every so often to really test them.
A couple, but I think Macharius Crusade wiped most of them out. So it kinda depends on which rough date you're placing your campaign in. This list http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/List_of_sentient_species should be helpful though.
>>
>>46609625
I hate to beg my GM for xp :(

while we talk about crafting, how difficult is it to gain cybernetiks as an adaptus mechanicus. Do I just roll for reposes as usual (but with the +20 mod) ? Or is there more rolls involved? I think during a normal mission I wouldn't be allowed to suddenly replace an extra arm, so I guess I have to ask between the missions.
>>
>>46609679
Am I missing something? You should be spending the xp you get on weapon crafting related skills/talents, rather than receiving extra non-denominational xp beyond that of the rest of the group for rolling some dice in downtime.
>>
>>46600782

A super-religious Hindu knight house, that's really unique. I like it. It's a breath of fresh air from the European style knights everyone else makes.

Why does the last knight have no imprint? And no sacristans? She seems the odd one out in the team.
>>
>>46609824
You're right, you should role play it well as well as have the xp go to the trade skill
>>
>>46610050
Because she's from a fake house concocted by a guy who hates 40K but writes memetastic shit for the RPG line.
>>
>>46610476

Can't you go be mad somewhere else? We get it. You hate anything non official. You spam every thread with it. If it flusters you so much why not just hide the thread?
>>
1st timer here

>inquisitor npc is putting our group (techpriest, a blank, and an imperial guard) through a trial run before we become acolytes
>task is to root out large scale illegal weapon trade on hive world
>infiltrate organization, attend some sort of revolutionary/recruitment meeting
>"fuck the government!" And all that
>blank and I try to remain wallflowers, imperial guard feigns enthusiasm
>local leader/speaker gets everybody to line up single file, guard rushes to front, we stay in back
>speaker pulls out wicked looking dagger, asks guard if he is will die for his new brothers, guard says yes, speaker asks him to hold out his hand
>guard obliges, speaker slashes his hand open, the dagger drinks the blood and the wound starts turning black
>"oh shit"
>guard is speechless, he walks off to the side as other fanatics proceed down the line
>eventually gets to me and blank, blank pulls a gun, I reveal suicide vest, guard rushes the speaker and wrassles him into submission
>cult recruits have no regard for their own lives but cant stand to see their "chosen one" die
>use this leverage, still barely kill them all
>guard is beyond fucking mad, I barely finish interrogating this guy before guard turns his face into a pulp
>most honorabu guard gets first corruption point in the first session
>>
Any rules for drug injector implants? I need a set for my acolyte
>>
File: prepare your butt.png (29 KB, 519x165) Image search: [Google]
prepare your butt.png
29 KB, 519x165
>>46611493
The Guardsman better prepare himself for one hell of a ride.
>>
>>46598138
Bled a demonhost for, well, blood. Fed the governor a bit. Poor decision. Were trying to frame him for chaos cultishness. Turns out he was, in fact, a cultist who was hunting that particular daemonhost.
>>
Hey /tg/, I'm gunna be running a Dark Heresy game for my friends who haven't been introduced to 40k before. Any tips on getting them hooked?

Also, 1e or 2e? I've only just downloaded the 2e books and have no idea what the differences are.
>>
What kind of heat would the party catch for fucking with noble houses, specifically in a hive world.

Anywhere from pantsing their hired guns to killing blood relatives to stealing their revenue. All are suspected to happen sometime in this campaign.
>>
>>46612473
For DH2E I think theres one under the Eversor Profile in the core book.
>>
>>46600391
They built a big zoggin' sailship on wheels to traverse the desert.
>>
>>46601764
Yes.

Multiple instances of it with the same party, in fact.
>>
>>46612473
Inquisitor's Handbook
>>
>>46613138
1e has a much more fleshed out setting, so it's worth checking out even if you decide to run 2e.
>>
>>46613243
The reward for their head will appear and grow, luring progressively more professional and deadly manhunters. More importantly - all of their friends and contacts across the hive would immediately be targeted by said manhunters, and, quite frankly, can you trust your contacts not to betray you for everything nobles can afford to offer? Can they even walk openly on the streets where everyone knows their faces and is hungry for even a fraction of the cash which is offered for information about their location? They are now suddenly very alone, and noone survives in the hive alone for too long.
They will be outlawed - first by their house guard, then by local enforcers, finally - by Arbites, because their actions will be classified as acts against your Emperor-blessed superiors. This immediately means they will have trouble interacting with most of the hive's services, or escaping the hive, not to mention extra hunters on their tail. All of the above should be just about enough to force even the baddest ass either to seek refuge in the underhive (and lose the ability to hurt noble's interests), which comes with a whole bunch of dangers on its own, or be hunted down like a dog.
Don't think nobles only play fair. If for whatever reason PCs keep hurting them even after they are outlawed/hunted down, they can and will pull off a whole bunch of dirty tricks - they might have friends among the organised crime. Or a xeno artefact which allows them to find a person by a single droplet of their spilled blood. Or an ancient grimoir which noone actually used until you killed the hive princesses' beloved husband, and now she has forsaken her humanity to call forth the beast from another reality to hunt you down. Or maybe their house secretly serves one of the local Inquisitors, and if they are pressed hard enough, they will summon him to make your life short and shitty.

TL;RD - all kind of heat, mostly deadly.
>>
>>46613528
That's actually a fantastic idea because they are left overs from a Freebootah fleet that ravaged the sector in the past.
Thanks anon.
>>
>>46613800

Thanks, I like it, but that would mean the party's next plan of action would be to fake their deaths.

How could they disappear?
>>
So bit of a dumb question but in Dark Heresy if you were to advance to the Inquisitor Elite Advance would your Characteristic Advances reset? For instance if you were to play as a Psyker and get Expert Willpower for +25 on advancing to Inquisitor would you be able to rebuy the Simple Willpower Advance for +30 total?
>>
>>46614121
Depends on their actions, really.
>>46614314
No, because the elite advance is an add on to an existing character, not a reset.
>>
>>46614121
Go into underhive, stop attacking noble assets.If the reward for their head is low (on a nobles schale) - it guarantees you won't have any trouble except for having to survive in a toxic, irradiated, mutant-infested hellhole that is any underhive. If the price for their head is average - there are literally no safe places for them in this hive, and any others in this star system. If noble house which owns the spire goes all-out on you, I'd suggest running at least to another sector, preferably - in another segmentum.
>>
>>46600516

Don't worry too hard about it. I think DH 1 actually did a good thing with the rank "titles" for each career by giving you an indication just where you are in the scheme of things.

Level 1 are the conscripts, initiates and various scum. You are about the lowest of the low that the Inquisition would bother recruiting for anything. You aren't supposed to be anything high and mighty for a while yet. If you go in Dark Heresy at rank one and expect to kick ass day in and day out instead of when the Emperor favors you, you will be sorely disappointed. That is just how things go at those levels.

Give it time and let the campaign and your own decisions shape the character.
>>
File: Templar_knight_in_battle_dress.jpg (315 KB, 1563x1788) Image search: [Google]
Templar_knight_in_battle_dress.jpg
315 KB, 1563x1788
I had an idea for my next campaign in Only war.

The idea is to creat a roughrider formed by literal knights from Highborn families, these would be the younger brothers in Imperial knight families.

What /40krpg/ suggest I spent my regiment points on?
>>
>>46615776
You gotta get them Feudal World Plate, or at least Chainmail Suits. If you can make them Good or Best-Craftsmanship, even fucking better.
>>
File: BritishLightDragoons.jpg (155 KB, 1043x523) Image search: [Google]
BritishLightDragoons.jpg
155 KB, 1043x523
>>46615847

Should I give them at least some small weapons like the dragoons?
>>
File: Callassian.png (360 KB, 725x778) Image search: [Google]
Callassian.png
360 KB, 725x778
>>46615776
Been there done that
>>
>>46615882
Maybe, if you want them to be a little less pure knight and a little more older-style cuirassiers. You should at least still have laspistols in your kit.
>>
>>46615882
Chainsword knights could be cool.
>>
>>46615776
My group had an OW one-shot of similar idea.

The regiment was based on a Feudal Knight World lost to the Imperium for ages until some lucky sucker rediscovered it and repaired the Knight.

Now that it's recovered, it's royal knights are now being made into a regiment.

Best Feudal Plate, specialty weapons being Best Primitive Weapons and beastly S/WS boosts. Only real flaws are the lack of any shooting outside of bows (of our party, only our Psyker-turned-Wizard and Priest had anything equating to a gun). And one of us was an Ogryn knight.
>>
>>46616635
>And one of us was an Ogryn knight.

Was he the most honorable of you all?
>>
What is a fair downside to apply to arrows that have standard grenades loaded on them?
Penalties to damage, to the bs roll, increased bad things on a jam?
>>
>>46616746
Inaccurate, for one. Reduced range, too.
>>
>>46616754
Going back and forth with the player on this.
He has suggested something similar to the explosive arrows, where it gains the subtype/rider of the grenade, but only on the target on hit, versus a blast radius.
I am on the fence about that.
>>
>>46616754
This. I would consider such a thing as basically Poor Craftsmanship Explosive Arrows.
>>
Any good stories of Random Assignment Gear table hilarity? We recently ended up with the huge crates of lho-sticks.
>>
>>46617582
Group I'm GMing has a Vostroyan player who requisitioned a "Pristine Mustache Grooming Kit".

Ended up failing that and getting a box of Grav-chutes.

He was heartbroken, despite the fact that they were using a Vendetta to get to their destination. which got shot out of the sky and they only survived because of said grav chutes
>>
>>46616696
He was the best of us.
Even if he did accidentally get deployed with a different group and becoming chummy with a lady Inquisitor. He also killed some druggies.

The rest of us meanwhile just smacked heretics.
>>
>>46618064
>The rest of us meanwhile just smacked heretics.

Doin' the emprah's work, son.
>>
>>46614314
>>46614658
This is kinda something that concerned me as well when I first looked into DH2e. Depending on what you're facing up against the penalties will eventually outweigh the boons you can have. Even if you rolled amazingly the highest you can get a stat ever is 65 outside of chance based situations as far as I can tell. As there is no leveling up and the like just getting better and more versatile, what does a character do once they hit the best they can be in certain things?

Say a techpriest, maxed out Tech-Use, has a 65 Int, even maxed out Medicae and Trade (Armorer), has all the related talents, well progressed in many other things to have survived. How does this techpriest get better at being a techpriest at this point? Or is it just assumed they don't get any better anymore and just pick something else to perfect? I know survivability is rather low for characters within the Imperium, but what happens if a character somehow becomes this good and the game is still ongoing? How would someone create what would be referred to in the d20 world as an "epic leveled character"? (eg going above and beyond the normally expected power level)
>>
>>46619290
DH2 incentivizes branching out. in abilities Characters who are only good at one thing will find themselves in big trouble eventually.
>>
>>46619290
That's when you work with your GM to go beyond the limited amount of ideas FFG can give you per book.
>>
>>46619451
It is also good to be able to at least provide assistance bonuses on tests.
>>
>>46619816
>beyond the limited amount of ideas FFG can give you per book.

Might as well freeform at that point. The book gives limits and rules for a reason. Use them.
>>
>>46619451
>>46619821
Well, my example was assuming they branched out well enough to handle most things anyways but still focused on the thing they do best (being a techpriest). So it would be safe to assume the example acolyte is well rounded otherwise just not maxed out in anything other than techpriest duties.
>>
So question to the thread...

>Clive Barker's Warhammer 40k
Want or Do Not Want?
Would it be more or less brutal?
It would certainly be more insane and heretical though.

>tfw captcha tells me to click all street signs, entire thing is one big street sign, still tells me I'm wrong
>>
>>46620127
You just keep on taking on tasks fitting your ability until you die in the glorious service of the Imperium.
>>
>>46619877
Nah, m7.

Rules exist to give structure. It's the outline of a city, not a railroad.
>>
>>46622080

Enjoy your magical realm meme-game then. The rest of us will be playing REAL 40k and REAL characters here.
>>
>>46622196
I'm not the one going full memester.
>>
File: Sadpriest.jpg (70 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
Sadpriest.jpg
70 KB, 720x540
How can Tech-Priests avoid getting tech scourged?
>>
>>46619877

By that logic, Daemon Engines in Black Crusade are LITERALLY unable to move because FFG forgot to give them a fucking agility score during creation.

So, enjoy your immobile death machines, faggot.
>>
>>46623193

The agility of the Daemon inhabiting the Shell should be used, faggot. This is stated in the FFG forums by the writer of the book. Therefore, it counts as errata and you're full of shit.
>>
>>46623343
it only counts as errata if its in the errata, faggot.
>>
I'm GM'ing a DH2 game where a player is an forge world born outcast who aspires to be a tech priest, could he be officially inducted into the cult mechanicus or should I have him be taught by a heretek, Also suggestions for a techpriest elite advance.
>>
>>46619290
Techpriest at 65 Int and Tech-Use +30 is already the highest level of mastery human being can possibly achieve. Even without proper tools he can easily perform challenging tasks, with something as simple as a combi-tool - hard ones, with high-end equipment he can perform miracles. It's mastery level you could expect of a Greater Daemon, Marine Chapter Master, or similar demigod-level greater-than-life entities, and only a handful of people across entire Imperium could match that.
>>
>>46617582
Once I was issued a copy of "imperial demolitions manual" full of deliberately made mistakes.
>>
>>46624688
This. Why would anyone feel the need to go past that? You barely even need to roll once you've gotten that far.
>>
>>46624362
Given how many mechanicus sects there are, I'm sure there would be one that would accept him if he could impress them enough. Granted one sect's tech priest is another's heretek.
>>
>>46625097
To deal with hellish difficulty tests.
>>
>>46625622
A -60 test vs. +30 from skills, +20 from assistance, +10 from combitool, +10 from an interface port, and another +10 from a MIU.

Total modifier to the test +20 and even then, just break even and use the Mastery (Tech-Use) talent.
>>
>>46625651
That's assuming there's only the single -60 penalty, that you have Mastery, and that you have enough fate points for however many times you have to roll.
>>
>>46625782
Isn't it not possible to HAVE a single roll penalized by more than -60?
>>
>>46625820
I always read it that the final modifier cannot be worse than -60.
>>
>>46625622
Hellish tests are called that way for a reason, and are supposed to represent a challenge which even the demigod-level character is likely to fail. If there are several factors, and each of them individually makes your difficulty "hellish" - well, too bad, characters who can easily do shit you are attempting with little chance of failure simply do not exist in this reality.
>>
>Auxiliary Shotgun attachment can be put on "Any Basic Las, Solid Projectile, or Bolt Weapon"
>Shotgun are Basic SP weapons

BRB requisitioning a shotgun to put on my shotgun so I can BLAM while I BLAM
>>
>>46626521
That way you can have two different types of ammo without a selector
>>
So our Squad has flown three times so far and we've had two near brushes with crashing and one actual crash landing.

The near misses were caused by Phenomena as you'd expect when there is a Pysker in the party, the only actual crash was due to a scattered grenade clipping the engine as we fought our way to the aircraft to GTFO.

That grenade? Thrown by the Psyker.
>>
>>46626707
True, though since the aux launcher is single-shot you're generally better off with the selector.
>>
Has there been any good homebrew for playing Craftworld/Corsair Eldar in Rogue Trader?
>>
>>46626732
Sounds like that psyker might need a lesson. Delivered via bolt.
>>
>>46626867
Depends how you feel about Shas.
>>
>>46626867
IIRC, there is rules for them in "Fear and Loathing" and "The Fringe is Yours"
>>
>>46615460
Thanks, I think I needed to hear that. I'm going to go with that original idea (>>46600297) and just see where it takes me. Either my character will learn of his other side, then accept it, or reject it and forge his own path. There's a Sanctioned Xenos in our group, so I'm not sure how to play that off. Might have his aggressive side take over in order to see the papers that the Xenos is Sanctioned then be done with that.

I'm also coming from a Rogue Trader game where 40k played back-drop to our story and the rules were more guidelines. The GM now said they follow the rules pretty closely (with some tweaks) and stay true to the 40k lore, so I'm pretty excited to see how everything all goes down.
>>
>>46627621
>Sanctioned Xenos in our group
>stay true to the 40k lore

Did he say this with a straight face?
>>
>>46627660
He said on a scale of 1 to Lore Nazi he's playing about a 5 or 6. Which is better than what I'm used to playing at which is about a 2. Xenos rolled lucky that they weren't branded but have to stay in cargo bays, and out of sight of basically everyone.
>>
>>46627660
Say it with me now kids,
"What if he's a Radical?"
>>
>>46627660
The Dark Angels would like a word with you.
>>
>>46620527
Want. I feel sad my group don't like it.
>>
>>46601764
yeah the GM kinda got sick of our shit and it was the last session, so we just told the local ad mech about the AI we found. Then somehow in 10 seconds an entire AD Mech fleet is in orbit blasting the hive.

Intrigue campaigns can really suck if you don't know how to
gm it.
>>
>>46613138
Only War is alot easier for an intro game as Band of Brothers in space require almost no lore knowledge so you can drip feed it.
>>
>>46627792
Nah those guys in cloaks are just children. They kidnapped tons of children and made them carry their equipment and icons.
>>
Last session my Rogue Trader group managed to loot a derelict void ship containing dead Dark Angel Space Marines.
Could any complications conceivably arise from us selling their weapons?
>>
>>46629628
>Could any complications conceivably arise from us selling their weapons?
You... are serious, aren't you?
>>
>>46629628
>could complications arise
>From selling astarties grade weapons
well,depends on who you sell them too.99%of the time, YES
>>
>>46629628
Probably depends on where you sell it. Some strixis out in the expanse? Unlikely to be found out. But if you bring it back to with you to a imperial sector to fence it expect shit to hit the fan eventually
>>
File: Head Shake.gif (1 MB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Head Shake.gif
1 MB, 300x300
>>46629628
>loot a derelict void ship containing dead Dark Angel Space Marines
>Could any complications conceivably arise from us selling their weapons?
>>
File: 125px-Consecrators_symbol.png (11 KB, 125x145) Image search: [Google]
125px-Consecrators_symbol.png
11 KB, 125x145
>>46629628
I heard the Consecrators are in the market for just that. No strings attached, just honest bargaining.
>>
>>46629628
The best you can do is return them to one of the Unforgiven chapters and expect a "gift" back in the form of a squad of dudes or some fancy gubbin they have in the armory but it's just a shitty human-grade power armor they got from the last Inquisitor they killed. Or sell them to the strixis/chaos pirates if you want some corruption.
>>
>>46627533
He said "good homebrew".
>>
>>46629727
>>46629780
>>46629791
>>46629826
>>46629905
>>46629928
Seems like the best idea would be to wander around doing whatever until we run into either the chapter itself or an unforgiven and just give them everything (including the location of the derelict, we didn't loot everything from it) and then hope they decide to give us something shiny that doesn't look remarkably similar to macrocannon and lance fire.
This was plan A already.
>>
>>46629628
Not if you sold them to the Marines Malevolent, but yeah, you basically fucked with shit owned by one of the chapters most active on intel gathering, so good luck.
>>
File: I made a huge mistake.jpg (379 KB, 1000x701) Image search: [Google]
I made a huge mistake.jpg
379 KB, 1000x701
>>46604302
Forge Worlders are "Fit For Purpose". The Tech-Priests breed them and corral them, forcing them into one narrowly defined function for their entire lives, even more so than in the rest of the Imperium. It actually makes a decent amount of sense that what they know/don't know is something carefully controlled.
>>46605725
The Cult of the Fire-Spitter is a religion devoted to the worship of a powerful Earth Deity whom adherents believe lives underground. Fire-Spitter makes storms and earthquakes happen, and, when he is exceptionally angry, spews forth his own hot bile into the heavens to burn and punish humans for defying him. Honor, obedience, self-reliance and personal valor please Fire-Spitter, and it is said that when the brave die they must be taken up to the caves to be buried so that Fire Spitter can ask their spirits the Three Questions. What those three questions are is a mystery known only to the most powerful priests and shamans, but it is known that if a warrior cannot answer Fire-Spitter's questions then Fire-Spitter will swallow him up, and he will become the howling lava that Fire-Spitter vomits.
Obviously, the fact that the clan lives in a geologically unstable region at the foot of an ancient volcano, and have deified their surroundings. Cave burials are very common in primitive societies, the Three Questions are a ploy to keep the shamans in power, and the things that please Fire-Spitter are just the sort of general values a warrior culture needs.
Then the Acolytes find out it's not a metaphor, and Fire-Spitter really is a demon that vomits flames, can cause earthquakes and eats corpses....
>>46613243
Once the bounty hunters, trumped up charges and honor-duels from lesser nobles currying favor fail, they send assassins in Spyrer Hunting Rigs after them.
>>
Does anyone have any good links for Chaos ships and Components? I'd like to use them for Black Crusade, and reskinning Imperial ships doesn't seem right.
>>
File: bod04.png (200 KB, 500x300) Image search: [Google]
bod04.png
200 KB, 500x300
>>46630129
>What those three questions are is a mystery known only to the most powerful priests and shamans, but it is known that if a warrior cannot answer Fire-Spitter's questions then Fire-Spitter will swallow him up, and he will become the howling lava that Fire-Spitter vomits.
>>
>>46629961
top bantz m8
>>
>>46630000
good. try and meet them sooner rather than later and hey, if you have big enough balls you might be able to negotiate a trade of information
>>
>>46630129
>the letters on his chest aren't reversed in the mirror
>>
File: Damn you all to hell.png (556 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
Damn you all to hell.png
556 KB, 720x540
>>46630258
>>
Does Fearless provide immunity to the various Hallucination results that involve them being Stunned to to screaming at [insert vision here]. It gets silly when Nids are perturbed at bugs crawling on their skin or a Chaos Marine is screaming that his hands have turned into tentacles. Also does it provide immunity to the Willpower check to not lose your turn if you're on fire?
>>
File: 1456935656522.png (139 KB, 357x353) Image search: [Google]
1456935656522.png
139 KB, 357x353
>>46630633
I believe it does allow you to ignore being on fire. What's the point of being Fearless if you can't walk around on fire, after all?
As for hallucinations.... I'd give that call to the GM. Being fearless doesn't keep your perceptions from being altered, so something that made the Fearless one think that there was, say, an enemy coming through the wall would still have full effect. Other hand, he just wouldn't be scared of any effect. Also, assume that the various hallucinations are species appropriate. Tyranids might start clawing at themselves because they think they're being attacked by smaller bugs, as opposed to being revolted by bugs being on their skin.
>>
>>46630705
Idk, we thought it was the funniest shit ever that a Termagaunt thought a worm was burrowing though its leg and responded by shooting it.

With fleshborer worms.
>>
What sort of enemies in what numbers are a good fit for an Only War 5man squad at 3.5k xp earned? The fights keep getting lowballed and easymoded.
>>
>>46631015
What's the squad like? What gear and weapons do they carry? What have they fought thus far? What is their current enemy?
>>
>>46630000
And some time later the Dark Angel you gave the weapons to is revealed to be one of the Fallen.

>>46630258
At first it made me a bit angry, but considering it's a vision and not a reflection... See it as a border rather than a mirror, the line that he crossed.
>>
>>46629628
That equipment is old, and quite difficult to sell.. I tell you what, since you are my friend I can trade it from you for 10 lasguns. then you wont need to bother about "complications".
>>
How does close combat with melee weapons that have a range, such as whip (3m), work out? Is it like shooting but using WS instead?

Does it mean the wielder can hit a target without being locked into cc? How does it affect ganging up etc.
>>
>>46598138
Hostile Acquisitions pp. 66-67
>>
>>46632328
It means you don't need to be in the 2m threat to join in CC.
Attacking with melee intent, hit or miss, puts you and the target in "melee combat". With a whip, you can strike from 3m, rather than 2m as normal.
As you are in melee, gang up would work as normal, etc.
>>
>>46633087
Is there a source on that? My playgroup is new to OW and has been trying to figure out what 'melee range' is. Would be nice to have a source to show my DM since we can't find it anywhere
>>
>>46633268
Uh, anon?
It's in the section labeled "Combat". Also, "Entering Melee".
If you need a page number, lemme find it.
>your gm is a fucking moron, god emperor
>>
>>46633087
What? Where's this 2m shit coming from, I've never heard of it. You enter melee by being adjacent to your target, not a whole 2m away from him. That's point-blank range, which is something else entirely.
>>
Noob question. I'm going to be starting a Black Crusade game soon, and would like to try playing a Telepath Psyker/Fellowship character (thinking she'd basically be an incredibly devoted worshipper of Chaos - hopefully Undivided for those sweet, sweet Exalted Powers). What tricks are there for increasing my ability to fuck over people's brains?

I'm looking for things that I can do at character creation to become a little bit better at mind-rape, ideally.
>>
>>46633403
You could sleep with Cthulhu, I hear he's pretty good at it, might have some tips for ya.
>>
File: captain.jpg (177 KB, 723x1080) Image search: [Google]
captain.jpg
177 KB, 723x1080
>>46630000
Yeah, seriously just give it back to them. Don't try to be sassy either. Say you were happy to recover the body of a space marine, that you thought it your duty as servants of the emperor, even falsely reject the first reward offered to show your modesty.
THEN BRAG TO FUCKING EVERYONE ABOUT IT.
"Oh, what a lovely little story about the Ork's on Verstedt's World Captain Morchello, but have *I* ever told you about the time *MY* crew rescued the body of a DARK ANGEL? Yes, the Space Marines were VERY grateful. Oh, did they offer me a military alliance? Well, that would be telling, wouldn't it? After all, those Space Marines are SOOO secretive...Let's just say I'd advise against that little boarding raid you've been secretly planning against me..."
>>
>>46633466
Slaanesh approves of this course of action.
>>
>>46633343
Then what is the correct answer for >>46632328 then?
There are 2 conflicting responses.
>>
>>46633674

So assuming 2m guy is full of shit and you need to be "adjactent" does that mean it's impossible to charge and Whirlwind of death an enemy squad, even if they're fairly tightly packed? You have to waif for them to mob you and try and gib you on their initiative to whirlwind on the next round?
>>
>>46633343
>>46633674
In DH1e, you could initiate melee from 2m line, and once you were attacked in melee, were considered in melee combat.
>>46633087 is probably working on 1e rules, but no one said what ruleset they were working off.
Here is MY question: does attempting a grapple in DH2e still incur the -20 from unarmed combat?
>>
>>46633794
So OW needs 0m range? That seems super shitty for Whirlwind of Death.
>>
>>46633794
My question was regarding DH 2.
But like some anon said, the rules are a bit fussy of when you actually are in CC.

We usually count it that you are in CC if your are within melee attacking range of an enemy. Because otherwise you can run adjacent to an enemy with your weapons in hand but you are still not locked in CC which is a bit silly and makes it impossible to catch some one who are running away.
>>
>>46633897
>>46633994
Now you all see why I never changed it, even tho I run DH2e now.
Seriously, you don't need to be right next to someone to hit them with a sword, a spear, a hammer. In fact, you want SPACE, at least 4 feet of it, so you can maneuver, which is why the 2m mark remains in my games.
I suggest you bring it to yours.
>>46633897
>That seems super shitty for Whirlwind of Death.
Got some extremely conveniently placed guards, anon?
That said, I'm watching one of my players WoD with a warhammer, striking 3+ foes at once and concussing almost all of them. I call him Vulkan behind his back.
>>
>>46634090

It seems to me that your firebrand Cleric dual wielding chainswords should be able to charge into battle with an oncoming group of Hormagaunts like fucking Kratos and turn it into a cartoon dust cloud as limbs and viscera start flying away as chainsword noise intensifies. Seems silly she has to stand around and get mobbed for a round first to become 'engaged'

Also Hammer Blow works with Whirlwind for sure? Holy shit isn't that the point of the description saying "when you use an All Out attack manevoure to make a single attack"? Do you get +30 for all of the enemies in melee range too? Honest question, not rhetorical, decoding the grammer of OW is awful and our group is new to 40krpg
>>
I've always had it so that you had to first be at point-blank range minimum to move to engage in melee, which I think is 3m but really 2m works too.
>>
>>46634299
Anon, you got me confused for someone else.
The player I am talking about uses a DH2e warhammer two handed, which gives it the Concussive 2 quality.
Whirlwind of Death does not stack with any other attacks.
As per DH2e:
>As a Half Action, the character may make one Standard Attack action (see page 224) with a melee weapon against a foe, plus one additional Standard Attack action with the same weapon targeting each other foe also engaged in melee combat with the character beyond the first (to a maximum number of attacks up to his Weapon Skill bonus).
>>46634364
Point blank is 3m and less.
>>
>>46634595
>Point blank is 3m and less.

I was pretty damn sure, but there've been occasions where errata or rules I somehow missed blindsided me. But yeah, my rule has always been that you have to be able to move to within point blank or already be that close to engage somebody in melee with an attack.
>>
>>46634681
In DH2e, it's 2m, in DH1e, it's 3m.
>>
I'm this anon>>46633403 and I never really got much of an actual answer. Are there any particular Traits/Talents/whatever that are highly recommended for Telepaths in Black Crusade?

Because ideally I would like to never have to even touch a weapon myself, if at all possible.
>>
>>46634889
Slaanesh still agrees that the best way is to sleep with Cthulhu.
>>
>>46634889
Going Tzeench.
>>
I know our Commissar got killed (who could be behind this?) and law enforcement in our Regiment is lax to non-existent due to staggering lack of leadership.... but that "new Primaris Psyker transfer" is an obvious Nurgle cultist. Like holy crap do we really have to deal with that ourselves she's practically waving a neon sign.
>>
>>46635413
You have to deal with it, anon. With a lasbolt to the brainpan
>>
>>46636364

I can't she's the GM's girlfriend and he'll get angry
>>
>>46637091
>she's the GM's girlfriend

Oh, my mistake. Use a melta.
>>
>>46623343

He SPECIFICALLY said he's not speaking as an authority, moron.
Destroying your own argument is embarrassing.
>>
>>46630258

If you notice, Eisenhorn in the past is looking at future himself. It's not meant to be a literal reflection.
>>
File: Styx_Heavy_Cruiser.jpg (39 KB, 541x247) Image search: [Google]
Styx_Heavy_Cruiser.jpg
39 KB, 541x247
So other than the Avenger, Exorcist, and Repulsive from Battlefleet Koronus, have any of the other mid-30k warship classes ever been statted out for RT? Like say the Styx or Acheron for instance.

I seem to recall seeing someone post a pdf with some other ship stats in it in a previous thread, but I wasn't at my computer at the time so I didn't have a chance to save it.
>>
>>46637301

What's he going to do, boot you for role-playing in a role-playing game?

How pious is your character?
>>
>>46631555
>And some time later the Dark Angel you gave the weapons to is revealed to be one of the Fallen.
Ideally when we find that out we're in a position to sell his location to other, potentially more loyal Dark Angels for more brownie points.
>>
So.....

Is it bad that I get annoyed at another player for is "lol I'm doing what my character would do, sorry my hands are tied or I'd totally not act like a fucking sperg and do randumb shit that I won't let drop until this whim is complete" if I'm playing the party Psyker in the exact sterotype of Psykers that ruin everything?

But c'mon. I get laughs when I fuck up, and I never hog screentime for autistic whims; limiting myself to only stupid shit that can be done that moment to get a laugh and not break flow.
>>
>>46637969
To wit, anon, the stupid shit you do can easily grossly scale out of your hands.
Talk to your gm, he probably feels the same way you do and might feel that way about you too.
>>
>>46638034
Yeah but bitch I'm funny. He never gets laughs and the GM and entire table always end up laughing for hours afterwards regarding MY antics. I know that sounds hypocritical but damn it it's true.
>>
>>46637528
This?
>>
>>46638314
That was it. Much obliged, anon.
>>
>>46638253
>referring to them as antics
It should be legal for a person to have their character do whatever seems like a good idea at the time and not have the requirement for the results to be funny.
>>
>>46635413
>Not playing into it and seducing her character to gain spaceAIDS

That's the way to end dumb shit like that get the GM jealous
>>
>>46638581
Heh, that IS a good idea actually.
>>
So any ideas on requirements or abilities for a tech priest elite advance? I have a player who aims to join them.
>>
>>46640867
Should probably have Int above 30 and Common Lore (Tech) at least.
>>
>>46640917
That's what I had in mind, I was going to give them the Tech aptitude and was thinking of making a talent where they can get cybernetics for one availability cheaper.
>>
>>46630129
>That warped Aquila
Oh fuck, I never noticed that before.
>>
>>46633403
>>46634889
There's not much you can do that'll directly affect your ability to mind-rape; you already start with a Psy-Focus, so your options are Willpower boosting Psychic Powers which are generally Tzeentchian, or there's a couple drugs that boost Willpower but are hard to come by and have several drawbacks.
Fellowship-wise, you've got far more options. Depending on if you want to compete with the Champion for larger-scale influence or just stick to the more insidious aspects of Fellowship, Air of Authority is the obvious pickup if you're getting Command - especially if you want that Minion to act independently. Polyglot can help with some of the Telepathic techniques since most still rely on a common language.
Inspire Wrath, Iron Discipline and Radiant Presence can make you a dangerous demagogue, while Nerve Induction Tines and Pheromone Generators (Cybernetics) can make you nearly irresistible at the more seductive affairs.
>>
File: IMG_2863.jpg (207 KB, 1600x1066) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2863.jpg
207 KB, 1600x1066
>>46642894
White Void's drawbacks are addiction and white irises. If you can find a reliable source, steal a cargo crate, or get a drug gland (should you be so lucky), that's a fat +20.
>>
>>46643150
But do they make you the white void and the cold steel?
>>
>>46637910
Sell information about the Fallen to Dark Angels. And you expect anything that isn't a bolter shell in your face?
>>
>>46643684
No, but you can be the just blade.
>>
How do you interpret unnatural senses? Are there clear rules on it anywhere, or good descriptions for astropaths?
>>
>>46644754
For RT astropaths, they can just see. For 2e astropaths, it is like the previous, but more limited.
>>
>>46644775
That's what I figured, but it doesn't sit neatly next to their 2e talent fluff - like second sight;
>Even bereft of eyes, the Astropath sees more than a normal man.

GM has already ruled on it and I'm not going to mire the game over minor details, but I am curious to see (heh) how others judged it.
>>
Stupid question. In 2e does the mutation cursed fleshmetal effect only currently equipped armor and bionics or does it include new armor equipped later?
>>
>>46644977
I'd say, if you successfully remove the currently fused armour, that new armour would fuse too.
>>
>>46642894
Given that from what I understand I'm going to be the face of the party - or at least the one who mind-rapes people into submission for them - I'll probably want to focus on the ability to garner as much influence as I possibly can.

>>46643150
Where are the rules for White Void? I can't find them in the Black Crusade rulebook.
>>
>>46645753
White Void is in one of the RT books. Maybe Hostile Acquisitions.
>>
>>46645042
That'd be my guess too.
>>
>>46646033
Think it's in Into the Storm.
>>
File: CAW and ORDER.jpg (37 KB, 720x533) Image search: [Google]
CAW and ORDER.jpg
37 KB, 720x533
>>46597412

Things get weird when your Explorator starts making servitors out of boredom.
>>
>>46630000

Nice Quads.

>>46629628
>>46630000

yeah either sell it and the information back to the Dark Angels or gift it back to them and hope they give you something nice in return.
>>
When you are trying to infiltrate a place, what tools do you make sure you have on you?
What countermeasures to discovery tdo you keep? Mostly relevant, got to get into a nobles staff.
>>
>>46650910
Depends on what your budget is. Really the most important thing is to have a good fake identity and good contacts, if you have the thrones/influence for it having a couple key staff members in your pocket helps. Otherwise maybe a digi weapon for when things go south and a stummer if you need to do any poking around
>>
>>46651716
I love digi weapons.
>>
>>46650910
Grapnel and Clip/Drop harness
>>
>>46652819
I mean infiltrate, not B&E.
>>
Finally playing DH2e, got a hive world face character lined up.
My background is D&D+SR, so this is pretty new to me, but we all started somewhere, right?
What kind of gear is good for a face type to start off with? What's good to acquire as the game goes on? It seems like equipment is less apt to give you bonuses on tests, and more likely to allow you to do things you simply wouldn't be able to before.
Or will I simply have to rely more on being clever with presentation and ideas, rather than using equipment to bolster my (shit, game is brutal, less than 1/2 chance to pass a roll?) rolls?
>>
>>46653468
The game is built around situational +10 and +20 modifiers. Ask your DM if you can get something like that for RPing out your charm tests well. Exploit whatever you know about the person you're trying to manipulate whenever possible.
>>
>>46653524
Well, that seems fairly standard, in my experience.
However, even then, I am used to miscellaneous gear that offered small, but worthwhile bonuses like in SR where a decent face is dropping 10+ dice at chargen.
Well, outside of skill boosting gear, is subtlety very important? It seems like the kind of stuff I would use to protect myself in case shit goes south is arbitrarily out of reach in terms of availability.
>>
>>46653651
Depends on your DM, as it's largely a DM-centric mechanic, an abstract way of defining something that didn't need abstracting. Mine houseruled it out entirely, and just gave us consequences based on how overt or sneakybeaky our actions were.
>>
Making a Schola Progenium adept for DH1 game. Allowed books are Corebook, Blood of Martyrs, Book of Judgement, The Inquisitor's Handbook, and The Lathe Worlds.

1)With 35 BS to start with, is it better to take las or SP basic weapon training?

2)What should I spent my 310 throne gelds on?
>>
>>46654034
If you can get your hands on a las weapon, las is better because the charge packs can be recharged. But SP weapons are easier to find and afford.
>>
>>46654658
Aren't SP weapons more versatile as well, since you can use different kinds of ammo? For that matter, how hard is it going to be to secure an ammo supply, anyway? There's already an arbites in the party, so being able to use each others' weapons competently seems like an advantage in favor of SP weapons as well.

Reliable weapons and not having to worry about reloading does look nice, though.
>>
How do I generate stats for Tau enemies in a Only War campaign?
>>
>>46655008
Deathwatch has them in spades.

They're quite brutal enemies for Guardsmen, but if the PCs play smart they ought to be okay.
>>
>>46655021
Are the stats of shared enemies of the games the same in different games?
>>
>>46654868
SP weapons are generally more versatile, especially since (unless your GM is smart and imports the rules over from the later games) DH 1e doesn't give lasguns variable settings. Ammo isn't hard to find, but it can nickel and dime you to death if you aren't careful. Money can be tough to come by in DH 1e.
>>
Everyone hates my raven guard character. He's a massive asshole. What's the best way i can inter this guy in a dreadnaught while ((((dying))) awesomely
>>
>>46655142
There are often changes, some minor and some substantial, but they should work well enough. Tau are supposed to be scary acticool buggers anyway
>>
>>46655406
If everyone hates him why would they honor him by putting him a dreadnaught? I would suggest trying to get people on your side first.
>>
>>46655491
Because the mechanics say you can get intered as long as you've done a heroic deed and have 60 renown.
>>
>>46655491
Because the honor of being put in a dread should be granted regardless of how you feel about the guy
>>
>>46655434
True.
>>
>>46655540
Their basic weapons are like 2d10+4 or something similarly horrifying.
>>
File: Tau Stats.jpg (1 MB, 2262x1354) Image search: [Google]
Tau Stats.jpg
1 MB, 2262x1354
>>46656477
+2 actually, but don't forget the pen 4
>>
>>46656510
Yeah that's basically one dead PC per round.
>>
>>46656554
>Yeah that's basically one dead PC per round.
Only if your PCs are dumbasses who haven't heard of cover or the wonders of carapace armor or weapon mods.
>>
>>46656554
It might look scary, but Spehss Mehreens are tough motherfuckers in their own rights. Especially if they use Squad Modes and pick their gear wisely.
>>
>>46656875
Aaaand I posted this before following the answer chain upwards enough. My bad.

But yeah, cover, smoke grenades and maxed out dodge will be your friends. Try to secure a bombardment if you can.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 37

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.