[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what are the craziest, crackpot rpgs out there, like fatal and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7
File: SoYoXg9.png (52 KB, 357x157) Image search: [Google]
SoYoXg9.png
52 KB, 357x157
what are the craziest, crackpot rpgs out there, like fatal and the ilk

(before you say a regular game that you just dont like, don't)
>>
>>46570945
TimeCube RPG
>>
World of Synnibarr
>>
>>46570945
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/FATAL#See_Also
>>
>>46570945
Time Wizards.
>>
File: 1377887409564.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
1377887409564.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>46570945

There's this little gem, Noumenon. Essentially, it's about people who go to the afterlife and become bug people, and now they're trapped in a hotel until they can gain enlightenment and pass on. It's really fucking weird.
>>
File: NoumenonCS.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
NoumenonCS.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>46574210

And here's the character sheet, for those of you curious.
>>
There are some pretty weird Fate splats out there. The Secrets of Cats is one of the most out there. The players are all cats. Regular, ordinary cats ostensibly living in the same world as we do. Except they have a parliament. And do magic. And sometimes save the world.
>>
>>46570945
Myfarog
>>
>>46574467
Sounds like that RPG based on Warriors, the young adults series with cats.
>>
Infernum by Mongoose publishing

It's it's not trying to kill or torture you, it either wants something from you or is trying to mindrape you.
>>
>>46574619
It's really not though.

It's just a somewhat shitty generic fantasy rpg that happens to have been made by a slightly controversial murderer with silly facial hair and a mild distaste for jews
>>
>>46575539
Papyrus puts it in the same tier as FATAL though.
>>
>>46574210
>>46574238
Noumenon isn't really all that crazy though, just insufferably pretentious.
>>
Amber Diceless RPG

100% pure insanity from character creation to play.

Don't have the pdf anymore.
>>
Racial Holy War was the first thing to come to mind.

And on the playable end, there's Big Mother Fuckin Crab Truckers.
>>
>>46575539
Have you actually read it? It's basically Fantasy Nazi Vikings: The Tables

>also downplaying how much of a little piece of shit Varg is
get out of here /pol/
>>
File: cover[1].jpg (166 KB, 280x362) Image search: [Google]
cover[1].jpg
166 KB, 280x362
>>46570945

It's probably tame by /tg/ standards but still, that's mostly because nobody uses the seduction and declothing rules.
>>
>>46574210
That is cool as fuck
>>
>>46576100
>get out of here /pol/
I think he was being facetious. Anyway, I was kind of disappointed by it too. Don't get me wrong, Myfarog is BAD, but it isn't the "Oh my god you have to see this" trainwreck FATAL is
>>
File: Racial Holy War.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Racial Holy War.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>46570945
>>
>>46574210
>>46574238
Noumenon isn't crackpot at all it's just another fantasy game, and to me it's a refreshing fantasy game too.
>>
Via the New Legends, the Russian "RP"G that requires the official dice rolling surface for your rolls to count, among other such insanity.
>>
Normality, a game where it's the near future and everything is shit and magic might be happening but whatever, it's all fucked up.

The 'game' is written on photocopied-together paper full of insane scribbings, missing text and crossed-out parts that you have to squint at to read.

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Normality
>>
>>46570945
In the "Wow dude, that's sick", there is pedoquest, but it plays more like a token-less tabletop game than a true RPG. The rules are quite simple actually.
>>
>>46576126
I did when I ran some one-shots. The most perverted maid was a loli, which made the whole thing funnier for the group. She got him eventually.
>>
>>46580876
Teн, paзлoгиньcя
>>
Rolemaster. Doesn't have rape rules and it's playable unlike FATAL, but mechanics are pretty insanely complex.
>>
File: Kult_front_cover.jpg (203 KB, 800x1053) Image search: [Google]
Kult_front_cover.jpg
203 KB, 800x1053
Kult seems kinda weird.
>>
File: Angusrpg.jpg (24 KB, 375x500) Image search: [Google]
Angusrpg.jpg
24 KB, 375x500
>>46570945
Angus RPG, a shitty game (with a shitty name) here from Brazil, where an average cattle herder is more powerful than any warrior.

The rules are bad to the point any bird's beak causes as much damage as an arrow.

It also claims to be historical (note the cover).
>>
>>46574467
That actually sounds kind awesome.
>>
>>46570945
Wraeththu or however you spell it. The RPG where you play as a race of David Bowie-lookalikes with flower dick-vaginas.
>>
>>46574467
That sounds pretty fucking cool.

>>46587616
Not really. Rolemaster is just chart after chart. In play it runs surprisingly smoothly once you get a handle on it.

>>46590374
You forgot that they can convert normal dudes into flower dick-vaginas through buttsex.

>>46570945
I'll throw Hybrid and HOL onto the pile of super fucking weird games.
>>
CºNTINUUM: Roleplaying in The Yet, a rare limited print rpg about all about time travel and messing with timelines. It's also a horrible clusterfuck of convoluted mechanics.

There's also The Whispering Vault, where the players are former humans turned into eldritch horrors to hunt down rebellious gods who escaped into their dream, the Realm of Flesh, or what humanity calls "reality".
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.