[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Warhammer 40k General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 73
File: warhammer gneeral.jpg (561 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
warhammer gneeral.jpg
561 KB, 1024x768
Emperor Trump edition

>Rules databases
https://mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
https://kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>FAQs
http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V7.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index
>>
File: Trump, Emperor of Man.jpg (140 KB, 734x950) Image search: [Google]
Trump, Emperor of Man.jpg
140 KB, 734x950
>>46551082
Curious who started the Trump "emperor of man" meme that i see every time i browse /k/ and /b/? Was it us or /pol/? I dont wanna this shit meme but its kinda growing on me
>>
awoooment
>>
>>46551140
On one hand, it's warhammer stuff and its really funny, but on the other hand, it's Trump. I have mixed feelings about it.
>>
>Recently finished stripping primer from my models
>As primers are resistant to being removed, there are stains on random spots of each model
>One guy at the table got really angry about this

Would you care? I was going to paint them tomorrow anyways, I just wanted to be able to use them again.
>>
>>46551170
no, i'm not the best at painting nor stripping paint (fucking hell there are some impossible spots) my army is a work in progress. how was the other guys army? fully painted and based?
>>
>>46551170
Personally, I've never really understood how people are angry about things not being painted/represented correctly. As long as the person intends to do their painting and everything, why not let them use their new unit? It's exciting, and banning it cause it doesn't have +4 colors is just douchey.
Like, if a dude came in with tissue boxes and quarters each week and said they were proxies for marines and a rhino, with no intention of really getting them, that's kinda shitty, but little stuff isn't a problem.
>>
>>46551170
I mean if your entire army is an unpainted, splotchy mess i wouldnt want to play you because i really enjoy the spectacle and it helps get my imagination and thus my involvement in the game going.
I dont know why he'd be angry, he could just you know, not play you
>>
>>46551322
...i kinda wanna do a Jackson Pollock tyranid army with a board to match.
>>
File: 1408611602072.jpg (83 KB, 446x400) Image search: [Google]
1408611602072.jpg
83 KB, 446x400
You can be a shit player and still do well with Tau, Necrons or Space Marines.

You can't be shit and still do well with Eldar or Ad Mech.

Deal with it TEEGEE
>>
>>46551286
Funnily enough he actually has a commissioned army, so I don't know why he was giving me shit.

He was the one who encouraged me to change my paint scheme.

I think he just wanted an excuse to not play me today.
>>
>>46551170
I prefer to play with and against painted armies, as do most people I'm sure. But getting angry that someone has a stripped model on the table is pretty irrational, and a sign there are other problems going on with said gentleman.
He's probably suffering inside, ignore him unless he escalates it to an intolerable level. At which point you can either remove yourself from his presence, or call him out on his anti-social behavior.
>>
>>46551140
most likely pol since quite literally every other thread there involves him

also
>trump
>not dorn
>>
File: image.gif (251 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
251 KB, 200x200
>>46551422
(You)

But you really didnt deserve this reply. It's friday and I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt. You silly, good-natured, amateur troll-anon.
>>
>>46551401
Honestly, that could probably work Tzeentch demons. They can be really colorful and weird and still be fluffy
>>
>>46551140

Who would he call upon to build the wall on the border then?

Dorn or Perturabo?
>>
>>46551401
>take three paint brushes
>dip in paint
>flail arms at entire army
>>
>>46551514

But he's right - you actually have to think to play AdMech,
>>
>>46551422
The test for how easy various armies are is to generate a list completely and random, and see if it could still beat Orks without breaking a sweat
>>
File: hj4eIRB.jpg (924 KB, 1200x792) Image search: [Google]
hj4eIRB.jpg
924 KB, 1200x792
>>46551140
This is how i feel. Pic related is my favorite trumpshit meme. I really disliked Trump at first and looked at him as a joke but hes lasted this long. This lame meme is the only reason i ever looked into him. Idk, i have more positive things to say about him but i still have a lot of negatives as well. Either way i like the nationalism he's causing. Im legitimately curious how a Trump presidency will look like. Fun times ahead.

>>46551160
Ehhh imo i personally look at Trump as the lesser evil.
>>
File: 1442117081885.jpg (62 KB, 402x564) Image search: [Google]
1442117081885.jpg
62 KB, 402x564
>>46551768
in defense of trump (is this what heresy feels like?) he's an idiot; but he's aware he's an idiot so he'd hire on enough experts while he does bullshit. at least he's not gonna be out dueling or getting shitfaced drunk or doing nothing but looking pretty
>>
>>46551588
Someone people don't think so. My local meta think AdMech is the most OP army(ies) in the game, and I don't even run a War Convocation or ally in drop pods. And they are Space Marine/Necron/Tau players.
>>
22nd for admech need a flyer.
>>
>>46552048
Would it be some crazy flying robot or just a sleeker, older flier?
>>
>>46552092
>AdMech
>Sleeker
>>
>>46552117
Would Dark age stuff not be sleek?
Then don't ask for a plane, just use the flying box the space marines get.
>>
>>46552092
>>46552161
All of these things put together.
>>
>>46552092
I want a Roswell-style UFO. They've already got Martian death-rays.
>>
>>46552190
Turns out to be a tomb blade with stuff tacked on.
>>
>>46551895
>in defense of trump (is this what heresy feels like?) he's an idiot; but he's aware he's an idiot so he'd hire on enough experts while he does bullshit.

Except that he's too much of an idiot to even do that right. He thinks Bill Gates is the guy he should talk to about "closing that Internet up in some way"
>>
Would it be fluffy for a Knight House to have some of it spilt into two seperate houses over say loyalty to the AdMech or Imperium?
>>
>>46552441
I guess. What happens when they are told AdMech is part of the Imperium, though?
>>
>>46552190

this. A crazy UFO with a lightning gun
>>
angels of death scans?
>>
Regarding Skitarii: am I the only one who thinks the Transuranic Arquebus goes better with the Vanguard than the Rangers? Both units are relentless, so the heavy/rapid fire/assault distinction is meaningless as far as movement goes, and the Vanguard rifles and the Arquebus are both good for shooting monstrous creatures and other high-T multi-W models, whereas if you were to shoot your Rangers at a MC, their rifles would be wasted. And yet, I keep seeing people putting the Arquebus with the Rangers and never with the Vanguard.
>>
File: Reanimation OOOOHs.gif (489 KB, 550x600) Image search: [Google]
Reanimation OOOOHs.gif
489 KB, 550x600
Royal Court - 365

Orikan the Diviner - 120
Vargard Obyron - 120
Overlord - 125
>The Veil of Darkness, Warscythe

Reclamation Legion - 1560

Overlord - 100
>Warscythe
8 Lychguard - 370
>Hyperphase Sword & Dispersion Shield, Night Scythe
3 Tomb Blade - 60
>Nebuloscope
10 Immortals - 300
>Gauss, Night Scythe
10 Warrios - 235
>Ghost Ark
10 Warrios - 235
>Ghost Ark
20 Warriors - 260

I need to put together two more Lychguard obviously but since I have the points to kill should I be using Voidreaper instead of Warscythe?
How does this look for a Necron list? I don't really like the Wraith or Destroyer models but I know they are the stronger units and formations.
Should I put the Reclamation Legion's Overlord with the Orikanstar?
Since I am not using the stronger units i am hoping my large amount of durable troops can do some heavy lifting.
>>
>mfw I find out Iylden's army book is out of date and I can't take wraithguard troops.
I was even going to try to build them sub optimal, I just love the fluff and having to use minimal eldar and vehicles.
>>
>>46554248
Now just spam bikes or warpspiders and just fuck everyone over
>>
File: delete.png (1 MB, 943x617) Image search: [Google]
delete.png
1 MB, 943x617
Found this in my warhammer folder and dont remember where i got it from. Can someone explain to me what the hell is going on in this pic?
>>
>>46554360
"In appearance it is a large, heavy piece of machinery with huge, spinning blades at the front and numerous whirring, grinding cogs and other gubbins sticking out from the casing. When used it makes a distinktive whine, shakes and rattles in an alarming fashion, oily smoke pours from inside as its Mek Operator holds on as tight as he can. It is very hard to aim with a Shokk Attack Gun, as even the strongest Orks find it hard to hold it still.[4d]

No one knows exactly how it does it, but the Shokk Attack Gun projects a narrow forcefield through the Warp, beginning at the end of the barrel and ending roughly where the gun is aimed. The portals look like small spinning black holes. In this way it is possible for living creatures to travel through the warp towards the exit point.[4d][3c]

Though the field maintains the integrity, an unprotected journey through the Warp is a very horrifying experience, and no Ork would agree to being fired, and Gretchin have the brains enough to avoid it, so Mek Operators of Shokk Attack Guns gather Snotlings, who are brainless enough to serve as its ammo. They are fired out of the gun, driven out of their tiny minds in the process. This has the effect of terrifying the Snotlings, making them exit the portal in a frenzy, ripping and tearing at anything they encounter as they leave the portal. This is effective because the Mek often tries to aim the gun directly on top of enemy soldiery, and they emerge inside living creatures or enemy tanks (ripping them apart from the inside) as well as landing nearby due to the very effective condensed exit point. Otherwise they are seen dropping out of the sky onto unsuspecting enemy troops."
>>
File: image.jpg (46 KB, 460x410) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46 KB, 460x410
Don't know how it came to this, but in my country prevalent rumor is that 'when 13th Black Crusade campaign ended, the Chaos side won so great GW had to intervine alter the final result to stalemate.' But I checked Death by Thousand Cut article it is written that Chaos won but Order side somehow managed to deny them perfect victory.

Can anyone (preferably someone who participated in the event) clarify how the actual game/campaign result (not the fluff one) came out for me?
>>
>>46554084
Don't dump so many points into your orikanstar, its just ablative wounds until orikan goes super saiyan.
>>
File: image.jpg (29 KB, 202x284) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29 KB, 202x284
The Brotherhood of a Thousand
>>
>>46552295
>Except that he's too much of an idiot to even do that right
>idiot
I notice a lot of people seem to dismiss Trump saying he's an idiot and i'd agree its stupid that he thought Bill Gates controls the internet but then again most politicians aren't exactly tech savvy due to their age, Hillary emails for example and Obama inviting clockboy to the white house. But i dont think you can someone who made a multi-billion dollar company and maneuvered the media into giving him free publicity an idiot. He's extreme and i guess you can argue he's "racist" but he's far from an idiot mate.
>>
>>46554659
Really I have been using a smaller version and it has been doing fairly well.
How many Lychguard should I run with them?
Do I still put the overlords with him?
I guess maybe I will get more Tomb Blades to fill in points.
I have an Anhilation Nexus but I wanted that for bigger games like 2500+
>>
>>46554630
Perhaps chaos did win brutally. In your country. GW was still mostly concentrated into the UK when the eye of terror campaign took place, with the USA and Australia being the other main locations. Could be where the rumour comes from, but that's just an idea.
>>
>>46554773
Just run the minimum guards and stick the overlords with the immortals and warriors so they have some melee defence. Between obyrons 2+ rerollable and the 3++ 4+++ of the lychguard you won't have any problems with survivability.
>>
File: 1445877651259.png (2 MB, 1534x1058) Image search: [Google]
1445877651259.png
2 MB, 1534x1058
What are the best Tau units to capture objectives?
>>
How many points would pariahs cost with today's balance?
>>
>>46554399
>an unprotected journey through the Warp is a very horrifying experience

Kinda new to warhammer but not really. Why exactly is the Warp horrorfying? I understand the wrap is like a mirror of reality but i dont understand why you'd need "protection" or how a snotling would go into a frenzy from entering the wrap
>>
>>46554825
Ah see I had the Veil/Warscythe and Warscythe Overlords with them as well and they have been slicing up a bunch but I get what you mean.
Is it still worth it to give them the Night Scythe?
I just got two NiB for $70 because I know I needed one for my immortals.
I have two monoliths but even one seems like a liability because I would have to start twenty warriors in reserve.
>>
>>46554630
The result was a minor chaos victory. Problem is the imperial side decisively won the BFG side. You can check the BFG annual magazines for the final results, and I'm pretty sure the final results PDF from white dwarf is also floating around.

Contesting planets is all well and good, but it means nothing if you have no ships to capitalize on it.
>>
File: IntoTheWarp.webm (1 MB, 300x188) Image search: [Google]
IntoTheWarp.webm
1 MB, 300x188
>>46554861
>Kinda new to warhammer
>Why exactly is the Warp horrorfying?

http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Immaterium
>>
>>46554892
The night scythe is still a good idea as deepstrike isn't reliable and you don't want them to be on foot. It is a risk though as night scythes aren't exactly the toughest of flyers.
>>
>>46554833
Shoot first, take objectives later.
Or use Y'Vahra.
>>
>>46554360
>>46554399
Holy shit those Orks and their WAAARG tech

aww man do you think orks put captured children into one of those? that'll be pretty fucked up
>>
File: AdMech at Ork Tech Convention.webm (65 KB, 374x352) Image search: [Google]
AdMech at Ork Tech Convention.webm
65 KB, 374x352
>>46555093
>>
File: skulltaker.jpg (101 KB, 734x950) Image search: [Google]
skulltaker.jpg
101 KB, 734x950
Khorne Daemonkin list that I'm working on
Blood Host Detachment
Lord of Slaughter- Bloodthirster of Unfettered Fury -250 pts

Slaughtercult
HQ- Skulltaker (reserve)- 100 pts
Troops- Berzerkers x8 with chainaxes and champion with two chainaxes- 189 pts
Berzerkers x8 same configuration -189 pts
Berzerkers x8 same configuration- 189 pts
Bloodletters x16 Banner of Blood, Icon of Khorne- 190 pts (in reserve with Skulltaker)
Cultists x20 with autoguns and 2 flamers- 130 pts
Cultists x20 with autoguns and 2 flamers- 130 pts
Possessed x5- 150 pts (in reserve)

Overall that's 1552 pts. Basically my idea is to use the cultists to advance in front of my Berzerkers and take hits while I deep strike my Skulltaker and his Bloodletters into my opponents army. By taking slaughtercult I get an additional blood tithe point every round, and apply that towards feel no pains for my army the round that I deep strike, increasing the survivability of the bloodletters and possessed who are dragged along with the bloodletters due to banner of blood.

Looking for critique and help since I'm a new player and am just getting my feet under me.
>>
>>46554248
The new Imperial Armor Book for Eldar has a formation that let's you take Wraith units as part of a core I think. Then you can add on Wraithhosts as needed for an almost all-wraith army.

Alternatively, just suck it up and buy the minimum troops option. You have 5 choices to pick from.
>>
>>46555439
I feel like that's the Ben Carson effect. The man is a brain surgeon. He cuts open human skulls and fixes their literal fucking brains. He's also completely retarded when it comes to politics and should never hold a public office.
>>
File: 1433098223092.jpg (149 KB, 600x828) Image search: [Google]
1433098223092.jpg
149 KB, 600x828
>>46555093
Ork tech best tech
>>
File: Old Pulsa.png (2 MB, 1191x1622) Image search: [Google]
Old Pulsa.png
2 MB, 1191x1622
>>46555527
>posting the new apoc boring pulsa instead of the old 50 pt fun pulsa
>>
>>46554078
It doesn't make sense to put a 60" Sniper Rifle in a unit of 18" Assault troops. If you are going to take an expensive gun to run down Monstrous Creature's with Vanguard then take the Plasma Caliver.
>>
>>46555217
First of all what points are you aiming for 1500, 1650, 1750, 1850? Because 1552 points isn't a thing.

Secondly, melee sucks. It's going to be hard to play it so you can't afford to take sub optimal formations so you need to not bother with the following:

Slaughtercult: Free points sounds good but you don't really end up using it. The formation is taxing and full of shit units.
Berzerkers: They are useless and do no dmg
Cultists: Reason you see these guys is because you HAVE to take them. NEVER take any upgrades with these guys ever. EVER
Possessed: Never never try. Just so shit
Bloodthirster: I get it the model is great. You want something that shit on things in melee? Take the Chaos Paladin and mark it with Khorne.

So is CSM / Khorne Daemonkin good? Not really but uou want to take khorne dogs. Gore packs are a good way to do so.
>>
File: WD60 D-Thirster.png (1 MB, 654x680) Image search: [Google]
WD60 D-Thirster.png
1 MB, 654x680
>>46555217
Oh also if you have to take Berzerkers then I suggest you take this:

Requirements: 1 Chaos Kharybdis Assault Claw, 1 Khorne Berzerker
Unit Restrictions: The Khorne Berzerker Unit must have the Khorne Daemonkin Faction and include 20 models.

Special Rules:
Meteoric Descent: If the Formation Chaos Kharybdis Assault Claw lands on an enemy vehicle or building when arriving by Deep Strike, do not roll the Deep Strike Mishap Table. Instead, each vehicle or building struck by it suffers a single strength D AP1 hit. After any of the hits have been resolved, the Chaos Kharybdis Assault Claw is placed as close as possible to its final position and suffers an Immobilized result on the Vehicle Damage Table.

Hungry for Blood: The Formation’s unit of Bloodletters must begin the game embarked upon the Formation’s Chaos Kharybdis Assault Claw. The unit can charge on the same turn that it disembarks from the Chaos Kharybdis Assault Claw.

Source: Warhammer World Exclusive: Blood Oath
>>
>>46555801
>the skitarii have a 60" sniper rifle
>they can shoot farther than Illic "Best Sniper In the Universe" Nightsniper by a foot
>But still not as far as a vindicare
Man, why is GWs all over the place with stuff like this? More specifically, why does Illic have such a short ranged rifle?
>>
>>46555918
new guy, but from the sounds of it, you don't know what daemonkin is that is different from CSM.

Not saying daemon kin is OP, or even close, but you clearly have no understanding of why it's better than CSM.

Bloodtithe is a thing, a very real and powerful thing. Just constantly spitting out a new unit every turn is a lot harder to fight against than you are giving it credit.
And if you are playing daemonkin you take the detachment, which means you take the slaughtercult, which means you take the tax of possessed. They aren't great, but you take them, and then they do a suprisingly nasty thing on the charge because the opponent was busy shooting the other things that are better.
>>
>>46555987
Eldar have tiny ...rifles.
>>
>>46555987
>>46556030
Illic fucking sucks. So do rangers.

ALAITOC RANGER DISRUPTION TABLE WHEN
>>
File: Capture.png (738 KB, 636x451) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
738 KB, 636x451
>>46556030
It's at least as long as he is though. Unlike his beepus.
>>
>>46555469
While i kinda agree you can also say Hillary and Bernie shouldn't be allowed to run. I want to be anti-Trump but then i look at the other choices we have and see the republican establishment saying "we dont gotta let Trump in because the people dont get to pick their candidate" on live TV and i become pro-Trump.
>>
>>46556062
It's a laser rifle, remember. Unlike ballistic weapons, that barrel is just for show. Like a codpiece for his rifle.
>>
>>46555987
Hes a filthy xenos
>>
File: Capture.png (9 KB, 665x58) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
9 KB, 665x58
>>46556055
Speaking of Illic being shit though, does this special rule mean he can start the game in B2B contact with an enemy, meaning they start in close combat?

Even the Callidus assassin specifies "anywhere on the table that is more than 1" from any enemy unit."
>>
>>46555987
Relentless on a sniper still really bugs me, especially one that needs a stand like the Skitarii one does
>>
File: Capture.png (68 KB, 1063x266) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
68 KB, 1063x266
>>46556172
Compare.
>>
>>46551082
i just checked the mega, does anyone have the rules for the new 30th anniversary marine?
>>
>>46556172
Other than that being horribly retarded, I would argue that since it doesn't specify the distance, it defaults back to the Infiltrate default distance which is 18
>>
>>46556223
Or the angels of death supplement?
>>
File: 1459856386034.png (142 KB, 396x254) Image search: [Google]
1459856386034.png
142 KB, 396x254
>>46556139
>laser can't shoot as far as shelled projectiles
>>
>>46556183
The gun itself is Heavy like it should be. The guys carrying it are just half machine so they don't give a shit.
>>
File: We just don't know.gif (999 KB, 250x251) Image search: [Google]
We just don't know.gif
999 KB, 250x251
>>46556231
>well, it says to disregard distance
>so clearly you use the default distance that it tells you to disregard
>>
>>46556259
Eldar are a backwards, decadent race.
>>
>>46556259
lasers do diffuse over distance.
>>
What's the ideal ratio of Firewarriors/Kroots, Markerlights, Suits?
>>
>>46556284

I just re-read it. I'm the retard. I'm admitting it.

we just don't know anon.
>>
>>46556259
>Heavy Stubber 36"
>Lasgun 24"
>>
>>46556340
>Shotgun 12"
>>
>>46556364
>Autogun 24"
>>
File: 1447187951393.jpg (101 KB, 612x456) Image search: [Google]
1447187951393.jpg
101 KB, 612x456
>>46556385
>Earthshaker Cannon 240"
>>
>>46556459
lel, who thought that was a good idea
>>
>>46556526

Apoc, where the boards could genuinely be large enough that Bassies in one corner of the board miiiiiiiiiiight be out of range of the opposite corner.
>>
>>46556526
you don't play 100'X100' battlefield to represent the logistical movement before the first shot is fired?
>>
File: Capture.png (11 KB, 667x99) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
11 KB, 667x99
>>46556172
I- I think this might actually be the case.
>>
>>46555217
Hey K, put those Zerkers in some rhinos! The slog is going to kill you.
>>
>>46554758
He's good at media but he's actually a bit of a rubbish businessman. If he left his initial investment in a bank he would be better off.
>>
>>46556597
>friends
y-yeah i've played it before
>>
>>46556526
If you've ever played on an E shaped mega-table, you'd see the worth.

Or tables separated from one another, with the artillery player guessing the ranges, getting slowly more accurate with every shot.
>>
>>46556242
>>46556223
It's not out yet.
>>
The assault on The Fang had roughly 2 million cannon fodder cultists alongside the ~700 strong Thousand Sons. How can I represent this on the table? 1500 or 1850.
>>
>>46556727
500 point CSM detachment.
1000 point renegades and heretics list.
>>
>>46556738
Just use one 1k Son per 2857.143 cultist model. I'm not sure how this is even a question.

Joking. Focus on a specific part of the battle, where the 1k Sons would have been condensed against equivalent foes, and keep some cultists with them to even it out.
>>
>>46551422
>you can be a shit player and do well with Tau

No way mate. I see a lot of non Tau players get screwed playing in small urbans or dont know how to deal when something heavy like a terminus or panic when something gets close to them. I dont see Tau winning often unless its one of those guys that mains tau for some reason.

>>46556098
Literally this.
>>
>>46556781
>Just use one 1k Son per 2857.143 cultist model.

So your strategy would consist of just dumping your bag of cultists on the table and knocking everything else off.
>>
>>46556874
Yyyyyyyyes? Does that not accurately represent chaos cultists overtaking a world? Maybe I'd stick some loyalists on high terrain or something.
>>
>>46556926
Do arbites get rhinos?
>>
File: Warpstorm_.jpg (246 KB, 900x808) Image search: [Google]
Warpstorm_.jpg
246 KB, 900x808
Who's the most powerful living mortal pysker? Eldrad? Ahriman?
>>
>>46556957
Well, they've got to drive some sort of armored vehicle in the hives, and it's not like the admec is going to be creative about it. I honestly expect rhinos and chimeras.
>>
>>46556304
Kill yourself.
>>
>>46556957
I think they use Repressors instead, which have water cannons for Riot control. Still the same basic Rhino chassis though.
>>
Alright all, I've ordered my first Astra Militarum Start Collecting box, as well as the $10 five man pack to practice on before I work on the main kit.
>>
>>46556364
Shotgun should prob be 6" if we're being realistic. Unless it's firing slugs.
>>
>>46556926
Zambies? I knew they existed but never thought they could actually pull a zombie apocalypse thing.
>>
>>46557038
25 yards = 6"
What?
>>
>>46557038
>shotgun should be 6'' if being realistic
>realistic
guess whose never held a gun before
>>
>>46557038
Is 6" representative of 40-50 yards?
https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20081118164221AACZKC9
>>
>>46556864
>No way mate

Bro, Tau are literally point, click, delete. They are far and away the easiest army in the game to use. That's kinda their thing.
>>
>>46556957
Yes. Arbites get a lot of good shit.

>>46557044
http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Plague_zombie

Typhus gets plague zambie cultists for a reason, yo.
>>
File: Justendit.png (399 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Justendit.png
399 KB, 1280x720
>None of the Black Templar units will ever get a formation for themselves

Shit sucks, they probably also lost their chapter tactics and got rolled into one big Imperial Fist chapter tactic.
>>
>>46557116
>They are far and away the easiest army in the game to use.
Not him, but I'd say necrons are. There is literally nothing wrong with spamming warriors with a lord. It's not optimal, but it's remarkably straightforward and effective. Slap in a single Ghost Ark and its effectiveness multiplies. Same to a cryptek. Same to wraiths.
>>
>>46557038
>realistic
>40k
pick 1.
>>
>>46557097
Yes. Probably less than that really. How effective do you think 12/10 gauge is at 75 feet? Highly unlikely it's going to kill a human, let alone a soldier wearing body armor. Shotguns are close quarters weapons, similar effective range to a sidearm.
>>
>>46556994
Emperor, fucker is vegetable and still has enough power to keep the gods at bay and carve his own section of the warp.
>>
>>46557187
Yep. There's a reason people often recommend Necrons for new players. They're so durable that positioning barely matters. You can just walk forward and shoot and do well.

Tau at least have to be somewhat careful about keeping their distance.
>>
>>46556624
>but he's actually a bit of a rubbish businessman
>multi-billion dollar company
>took advantage of bankruptcy
>admitted to bribing politicians
>hackers reveal he has relations wi
ehhh im just going to stop myself. I really am only slightly leaning towards Trump and i really dont like how everyone who dislikes Trump does so under misconceptions or because its the popular opinion since fighting racism in America is so important despite the fact iv never met a racist in my entire life so i start sounding im a Trump supporter trying to straighten out all the false accusations where there's better ammo to use against Trump then "he's a bad businessman" or "he's a dummy racist"

I really dont want to like Trump but every day i get closer and closer.
>>
>>46557109
Guess who owns a yugo ak, 1911, and a mossberg 590. Guess who grew up hunting pheasant, quail and duck. You arent killing a guardsman or a space marine @ 25 meters with a shotgun, unless you're using slug.
>>
>>46557195
>How effective do you think 12/10 gauge is at 75 feet?
They are lethal and accurate up to 40/50 yards, let alone 25.
>>
>>46557027
Anyone have any tips for a new IG player?
>>
>>46557237
guess whose full of shit and lying on the internet to try and get cred with a bunch of faggots who are literally anonymous.
And yeah you are killing guardsmen at 25 meters because they're fucking humans. Space Marines should just be immune to it, but hey theres always a chance a pellet will bust through the lens and kill the marine. Also 38000 years in the future shotguns are PROBABLY a bit more advanced then ours.
>>
File: 1384471835789.jpg (77 KB, 469x437) Image search: [Google]
1384471835789.jpg
77 KB, 469x437
>>46551422
>tfw make a mistake/miscalculation as a necron
>opponent still can't kill me
>>
>>46557237
Im sure he meant the game developers, you dont have to defend your pathetic ego every time someone even insinuates bruising it. Seriously, how weak do you have to be to overreact like this in an anonymous image board? Like who gives a shit who you are?.
>>
>>46557300
>>46557237
Shotguns are also AP -, so Guardsman and marines are having a good chance of shrugging them off thanks to armor.
>>
>>46557294
pick up some tanks, i'd say two leman russes and either a wyvern or a hellhound for support.

cant go wrong with infantry either and your always going to need them
>>
>>46557237
>You arent killing a guardsman or a space marine @ 25 meters with a shotgun, unless you're using slug.
Since shotguns don't have ignores cover rounds, we can assume they're using slugs or man-stoppers.

Because scatter shot in 40k ignores cover bonuses at the cost of being less accurate and powerful.
>>
>>46557318
surprise surprise, at 12'' range a shotgun and a lasgun are literally the same weapon, 40k shotguns are as powerful as a laser assault rifle. only difference is you can charge forward like a suicidal maniac after firing the shotgun
>>
>>46557260
Depends on the load. Let's not have a pissing contest. I've put a enough rounds downrange to know that shot isnt likely to kill anyone 25+ meters away. Possible but not likely, even with a cartridge designed for min spread, thats medium distance for most bitd hunting shotguns. 26"+ bbl
>>
>>46557372
Yep, and a Shotgun and a Lasgun at 12" is exactly the same as a person using 2 Autopistols.
>>
>>46557372
>normal humans in flak jackets have an equal chance of shrugging off laser assault rifles as they do a punch from a 4' tall, blue, notoriously weak alien
>>
didn't see it in the thread. New crimson slaughter formations have leaked and are supposed to be this.
Lords of Slaughter
1 Chaos Lord
1 unit of Possessed
1 unit of Terminators
1-3 units of CSM
Chaos Lord is a Level 1 psyker and knows the Prescience Power. He can target any unit from the formation regardless of range.
---
Krannon's Helguard. Same as the dataslate. But can choose from CSM relics too.
---
Cult of Slaughter
1 Dark Apostle
2-8 units of cultists
Cultists within 9" of the Apostle are Ld 10. At the start of each movement phase roll a D6 for each cultist unit within 18" of the apostle. Those units regain a number of slain models based on the D6 roll.
---
Brethren of the Dark Covenant
1 Dark Apostle
1 unit of Possessed
1-3 units of CSM
Apostle can forgo shooting to grant each unit from the formation within 12" Zealot and FNP.
---
Disciples of Mannon
1 Sorcerer
1 unit of Possessed
At the start of the game, you roll 2 dive and set them aside, at any point in the game, if your opponent rolls exactly 2 dice and gets the same result, you get a summoned daemon unit immediately within 18" of the Sorcerer. There is a D6 table to determine what daemons you get.
---
The Ravagers.
1 unit of chosen and 1 unit of possessed. As long as the chosen champ is alive, 1 unit from this formation can re-roll to hit during it's player turn. No range for the benefit.
>>
>>46557416
>>46557418
so what we're all really getting at here is
>shotguns are underpowered in 40k
>>
>>46557300
>I dont have this experience
>he must be lying

Sure angry guy. No one in michigan grows up duck hunting. I didnt spend 8 years as an 11b1p, and my wife is fat and ugly. Feeling better about yourself now?
>>
>>46554758
nothing he's said has been racist though.
>>
>>46557418
I interpret S3 melee attacks as having to be some sort of weapon. But I don't really get it.

The funny part is that S3 attacks are honestly rather deadly, and in the RPG, S3 is worth about 2d10+4 damage, which requires you to be using something big and honking.

Actually, guard/tau melee attacks are probably supposed to represent shooting still, just at point blank and often with their shots being deflected.
>>
>>46557418
Tau are still as strong as a guardsman. They just don't train in CQC.
>>
>>46557421
>disciples of Mannon
so you pick any combination of 7? seems neat but will rarely be of use
>>
>>46557421
So how does zealot function if it's given anew every turn?
>>
>>46557433
They just need to bring it back to 2nd edition levels, S4 with knockback and the option to use S3 small blast templates.
>>
>>46557453
Guard is representative of using those bayonettes. In past editions (IIRC), models with pistols could still fire them in close combat, but other weapons were representative of WW2 trench fighting.

Presently, I believe Cypher is the only model that still shoots in melee.
>>
What's the best lychguard loadout?
>>
>>46557445
nice anecdotal fallacy faggot. you saying "oh i did this thterefore it must be true." isnt a credible argument because you can make shit up on the fly. And I've probably fired more weapons then you ever will (military oldfag eat shit) but you dont see me using that shit as evidence because it dont mean shit. only thing that matters is hard numbers and facts from recorded data.
>>
>>46557507
Usually sword and board.
>>
>>46557300
>a pellet will bust through a lens and kill a marine
>a pellet will bust through a lens

Now I know you're just completely full of shit and out of your element. Thanks for playing.
>>
>>46557421
>80+ respawning cultists
thats actually not bad against tau/gunline crons, all it takes is the apostle to survive long enough for cultists to reach an enemy gunline. Or the gunline can target the cultists and your not-cultist units can avoid being shot. Does the apostle have to join a unit of cultists? If not, plonk him with some plague marines or terminators for ablative wounds

Everything else is complete shit though
>>
>>46557507
Sword and Board makes them mean marine eaters that will never die, they can also take on MCs will pretty decent success.
>>
>>46557453
>RPGS S3 is 2D10+4
WHAT?
did you ever play the rpgs?
lasguns are 1d10+3. Whis is also the damage of a normal strenght person with a sword/axe/any normal hand weapon.
>>
>>46557543
>what is weapons technology 38000 years in the future?
seriously, its like all of you idiots forget that technology advances
>>
>>46557546
If they actually get into melee the enemy unit will never get out.
>>
>>46557421
pretty good stuff, but chaos players will complain about it.
>>
>>46557517
Wow man. You're really upset over this huh? I can tell you're full of shit from your posts. Im just wondering why you've chosen to argue so vehemently about something you obviously know little to nothing about.
>>
>>46557592
just have to kill more than six a turn to start forcing tests

Cool formation though.
>>
>>46557587
Are we talking about shotguns? I thought we were talking about shotguns. Why would anyone be arguing about make believe future shotguns that no one could possibly know anything about? The fuck?
>>
>>46557587
in 40k technology is lost/degrades/no-longer-understood/whatever as or more often than it advances.

Of course the argument you are responding to should have been still born given that the game is a massive abstraction, and the setting is space fantasy and realism is not to be expected.
>>
>>46557634
cause we do actually have fluff about those future shotguns. but unfortunately fluff and crunch don't line up very well
>>
>>46557592
basically. Unless its designed for melee-lightning claw terminators and such-then that unit will be tied up until it dies or the game ends. Compared to the others, its pretty damn good.
>>
>>46557634
We are talking about the shotguns in 40k that the models actually use. If you also >>46557543, you are a raging faggot for being that snarky yet that oblivious.
>>
>>46557649
Ah shit. I was talking about actual shotguns the entire time. I wonder if that angry bullshitter was talking about future pretend shotguns. If you're reading this, I'm sorry mad-anon, no hard feelings, hope the rest of your evening is better than the last 5 minutes.
>>
>>46557481
presumably the actual wording will have it last until the beginning of your next turn. so pretty much exactly the same as normal.
>>
Hey /tg/,

Haven't played 40k in a looooong time (last time I played was in 2004-2005 with tau army)

Looking to get back into it and while I was looking on the games workshop website I noticed the "Start collecting!" sets for $100.

I was immediately interested in the cult mechanicus and skitarii. Just had a few questions I was hoping to get answered.

1) Cult mechanicus and skitarii can be used together in an army, right?

2) Are they decent?

3) Can the mechanicum units from forgeworld horus heresy be used with these same armies?

Thanks!
>>
>>46557663
Dude went 0-100 mph on me in 1 post, and was obviously bullshitting. I think a little snark was justified.
>>
>>46557698
Yes yes and yes.
>>
>>46557698
Soon
Yes
No as of right now.
>>
>>46557698
Yes, yes, and no, respectively.
>>
>>46557698
>yes
>yes
>officially, no but I doubt anyone would give you flakk assuming you were using them in a AoD detatchment and not just adding them in
>>
File: current mood.jpg (37 KB, 300x444) Image search: [Google]
current mood.jpg
37 KB, 300x444
>>46557684
s'all good
>>
>>46557703
Well you did seem to miss his
>Also 38000 years in the future shotguns are PROBABLY a bit more advanced then ours.
at the end of the post you were replying to, so I'd say not.

But at the same time, this is 4chan. Snark and 0-100 are both normal for any post.
>>
>>46557703
your relatively new aren't you?
>>46557732
this nigga speaks truths, also the nuance of speech doesn't convey very well over text.
>>
File: image.jpg (92 KB, 766x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
92 KB, 766x960
>>46557732
I think I should go to bed, Ive lost track of what the fuck is going on. Good night bros. Except Tau fags, you guys should drink bleach.
>>
>>46557499
No I mean, how is muscle power going to cause an ordinary bayonet to go through power armor? Its gotta be melee shots that do it and presumably the reason, say, tau aren't as high damage in melee as they are shooting would be that the strength in melee also affects them wrestling you for the gun, knocking you to the ground, etcetera.

Unless there exists some sort of vibroweapon or something else below a power weapon that could let a guard sometimes cut through armor in melee.
>>
>>46557763
Not new, just half paying attention and tired as shit.
>>
>>46557782
The bayonet doesn't go through the armor itself, they have to aim for the joints and seals.
>>
>>46557782
same reason you could stilll use a knife on medieval plate. you go for weak pointa like joints or eyes.
>>
>>46557782
>how is muscle power going to cause an ordinary bayonet to go through power armor?
Power armor isn't total. Heck, there's art showing a marine's armor deflecting bolts from orks while one is behind him slipping a knife into the rubber between plates at his knee. I'll go find it.
>>
>>46557584
>did you ever play the rpgs?

Yes. Have you ever looked at how woefully understated the damage tables are?

>lasguns are 1d10+3.

Which, of course, doesn't produce anything like the results in TT. Damage is usually two dice too low or thereabout.

As you need to deal a whopping 17 damage in one hit to reliably take out a GEQ (they usually have 10 wounds in most sources, 3 toughness, so 17-18 points of damage is necessarily to get a critical effect that will disable them).
>>
>>46557821
>>46557805
>>46557830

Is there any conceivable way that a human using a dagger could make a space marine (a guy who, without the armor, is as strong as an angry flailing gorilla, one could speculate) just frikkin collapse by jimmying a knife into his armpit?
>>
>>46557715
>>46557716
>>46557718
>>46557730

Thanks for the quick replies, and you'll have for forgive my ignorance but I have been out of the loop, AoD attachment?
>>
>>46557888
Er fuck, detachment**
>>
>>46557884
Give me a second. First, that art.
>>
>>46557888
Oh I dunno if Mech in 30k use a different detatchment, I don't play 30k and I thought the CAD equivalent is called an Age of Darkness (?) detatchment?
>>
>>46557911
I'm going to point out that in that book, muhranes were T3...
>>
>>46557919
AOD is only for 30k games, if you use legions/mechanicum in 40k you have to use a CAD
>>
File: answer.jpg (116 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
answer.jpg
116 KB, 500x333
>>46557884
Second, yes.
>>
>>46557884
Realistically? Only if he gets a really good angle in the neck, something like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGdhtDIVJzY

Though even harder, because marines have, you know, armour. However guardsmen won't be using bayonets against marines. They'll be trying to shoot him with lasguns, friendly fire be damned.
>>
Are there any Bloodthirster models that use a Blade of Blood?
>>
>>46557946
Oh, whatever then. Like I said before, nobody should give you flakk in a casual environment.
>>
>>46557888
Well, the Ad Mech stuff from forgeworld is for 30k. You can technically use it with 40k, but I'm not sure how adding it into an army works. It's not as simple as just getting the two formations Skitarii and Cult Mech use.
>>
>>46557960
That's why I said I figure most guard/tau killings of marines in melee are going to probably be lucky point blank shots.

>>46557947
I don't know what sort of armor the gorilla was wearing just from that pic dude.
>>
>>46557970
Just run a CAD mechanicum combined with either a CAD for each or just pick and choose formations
>>
File: fucking heretics!.png (457 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
fucking heretics!.png
457 KB, 500x333
>>46557947
>>
>>46557946
I'm very sorry if this is a dumb question, but could you explain what this means? Or alternatively point me in the direction to a guide where I can read up on what this means. Like I said, it's been a very long time since I played, and I was 15 in 2005.
>>
>>46558015
>9/11 shoop
>>
>>46557986
Oh I see, makes sense. Would love to know how to go about doing this if anyone knows.
>>
>>46558028
I'm on my phone, someone post that circle diagram. Or, you could download the 7th ed rulebook from the OP, read the actual rules and then come asking for clarification
>>
>>46557994
>>46557884
Honestly, in fluff it hardly ever happens. That's one of the main reasons space marines favor close combat, because they can just fuck everything up without getting hurt. That isn't to say it's impossible. There is some story or other that has a planet start rebelling and a bunch of civs with knives managed to ambush and kill a lone space marine.

But the tabletop needs marines to be only slightly more durable guardsmen for some reason, so even unarmed, shambling monsters like old zombies and alien creatures can wreck a space marine with decent rolls.
>>
>>46558069
Sounds like a plan, thanks.
>>
>>46558051
30k Admech has no IA book, and no 40k rules. You cant use models with HH only rules unless you're proxying.
>>
>>46558079
30k Admech stuff is in the FW folder, i think they're book three or four
>>
File: fucking heretics!.png (457 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
fucking heretics!.png
457 KB, 500x333
>>46558037
Oh geez. Now will 5% more effort.
>>
>>46557884
Not one on one, but if enough guardsmen dog piled a marine they could do it. Depends on the level of marine wank as well.
>>
File: Pale Courts Battlehost.jpg (490 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
Pale Courts Battlehost.jpg
490 KB, 1200x1600
>>46554248
>>
>>46558164
Yep. Fluffy Iyanden lists are still easy with Graveyard of Dreams and Tomb-ship of Fallen heroes.

Easy to use multiple of those for a solid list, adding a Wraith Host from the normal codex for a few more options.
>>
>>46558220
The PCB is a Core and the Wraith Host is an Aux so they both get 6" Run from this. Brutal.
>>
>>46558239
Yep, and the ones in the Wraith Host get Battlefocus as well. Adding the Wraith Host makes the list much more dangerous, if only because you're adding in a Wraithknight.
>>
>>46557970
>>46558001
Cool, thanks for the info!
>>
>>46556259
Got a laser pointer anon?
Point it at your wall in your house.
Now point it at a wall on a house at the very far end of the street.

It got bigger and faded. Because light disperses.

Whether you like it or not, a laser rifle even in the far future, uses the same principles and tech, just refined.
You couldn't stop the laser from dispersing eventually.
Even with eldar magic super focusing crystals.

Real snipers with a projectile have drop, and the user can aim above target at a calculation to correct this.
>>
>>46558565
Counterpoint: Technology so advanced it may be mistaken with magic.
>>
File: 1413527119657.png (159 KB, 1348x1402) Image search: [Google]
1413527119657.png
159 KB, 1348x1402
>>46558565
>strong laser pointers are a common problem for helicopter pilots in the modern day
>future laser points can't even go near as far
Technically speaking, these guns should be able to fire far beyond distances that involve considerate drop for projectiles, assuming they actually are refined and condensed by super future magic crystals.
>>
I'm considering allying a psychic inquisitor and their posse to my Sisters army mostly for Deny the Witch rolls

Would that be particularly unfluffy, or would Sisters not have any major issues to working with psykers? Obviously they'd do it if they were ordered to, but I feel like that's a bit of a copout
>>
>>46558640
>>46558623
counter counter-point: eldar technology is less concerned with efficiency than it is with aesthetics
>>
>>46555987
wel there is that eldar artifact rifle. That has 120'
>>
>>46558668
Depends on the demeanor of the Psyker in question.
Is he fanatical, proclaiming his powers are a gift from on high, mastered within the Telepathica on Holy Terra itself, and soul-bound in service and person to the Emperor himself?
Is he humble, taking no glories for his works and simply acting as an instrument of the Emperor's will and in service of His Imperium?
Is he penitent, declaring himself as unworthy, and using his powers to atone for the sin of being born a mutant?

There are a number of ways that they'd work with Psykers, and I doubt that no chapter has every had to use an Astropath to make an important call. They would, however, need to have a certain mindset to not be immolated after a few uses of their witch-powers.
>>
>>46558640
Let's upscale it.
>Guard platoon points lasguns at prow of orbiting ship.
>Helmsman blinded, steers into moon.
>>
>>46558852
>Helmsman annoyed
>Directs orbital bombardment on Guard
>>
>>46558852
>Lasguns gain Haywire
I'd approve it.
>>
>>46558852
>Guard "paint" each other with lasgun fire to try and reduce effectiveness of Tau markerlights.
>Mixed results.
>>
File: 1329819548959.gif (40 KB, 247x248) Image search: [Google]
1329819548959.gif
40 KB, 247x248
>>46558934
>>
>>46551768
>>46551895

This is what abject stupidity looks like.
>>
>>46556172
We've discussed this at our LGS, we say you can, but is it really worth it?
>>
Man those lets get started sets are so worth it, $200 worth of figures for $100 (Multiple HQ but whatever)

>Buy multiple
>Bypass insane GW prices
>>
>>46559039
I dunno. I'm pretty new to the hobby. Can't locking down an especially troublesome unit for a couple of turns (longer with rangers) be worthwhile? Or, since the rangers also gain it, can't you bog down a good chunk of a gunline by forcing them into combat for some turns?

I'm not about to advocate Illic Nightspear, The Walker of the Melee Path, but I feel like there must be moments when having this guy jump out of the warp right into someone's face at the start would be advantageous.
>>
File: 115837.png (540 KB, 597x769) Image search: [Google]
115837.png
540 KB, 597x769
So this is the most relevant thread I could find to post in, I'm looking for advice in Dark Heresy. I'm running a game, my players just beat the boss of their last mission but at great cost. The flamethrower toting cleric was cleaved open from gullet to groin, guts and intestines spilling from his torso, left for dead on the floor. The greataxe wielding assassin had his head nearly ripped off, his face ripped from his skull and part of his brain exposed and oozing, also left for dead. The guardsman leapt into a hole in the fabric of reality into the warp and was there for a good two minutes before the warp hole crumpled, spitting him back out in the process. The adept saved the day.

Now, due to the rules regarding burning Fate Points, the cleric, assassin and guardsman "inexplicably survive against all odds". But I have to explain this shit, to some extent, because they have to get fixed up to be back on active duty at some point. The assassin is getting cortex implants and bionic eyes, but I'm having trouble thinking of things to do to/with the cleric and guardsman and so I've come to you for ideas. A friend mentioned making the guardsman a latent psyker for his exposure to the warp, I've considered mutations and disorders, but I feel like there might be something better out there. Likewise, all I can find for bionics for the cleric would be bionic lungs, but maybe I'm missing something? I'm rooting around for options but I would like to hear what you can think of to do in this situation
>>
>>46556624
>If he left his initial investment in a bank he would be better off
That's only true if you assume that he could have inherited his fathers entire estate far sooner than he did, and that he had no personal expenses during that time, both of which are unreasonable assumptions.

Like him or not Trump is a sucessful buisnessman in every sense of the word.

>Inb4 muh bankruptcies

Go look it up, he claimed those under very specific circumstances that are quite reasonable. TLDR if trump magically become the CEO of your company you wouldn't be too upset.
>>
>>46559116
Well we couldn't find anything that was worth locking down, it either beats you in combat, or it costs more than your squad and they will charge other stuff in during their first turn. Also if it's a squad like centurions or something they could just completely surround it with another unit.
>>
File: Solar_Macharius-Angel_of_Fire.jpg (48 KB, 611x477) Image search: [Google]
Solar_Macharius-Angel_of_Fire.jpg
48 KB, 611x477
>>46559173
guardsman was protected by the emperor's will
make him an imperial saint
>>
>>46559249
>or it costs more than your squad and they will charge other stuff in during their first turn
They can't charge other stuff though. Whatever Illic or his rangers are touching are already locked in combat. See >>46556605.

But I see your point. I had just assumed that BS6, 3A with a power sword would at least pull its weight in points.
>>
>>46559281
WS6*
>>
>>46551160
There isn't a thing wrong about Trump that isn't a media manufactured lie
>>
>>46559309
>>>/pol/
>>
>>46558164
>>46558220
>>46558239
>>46558272
Goddamn. Now I really want to start up a small Wraith army.

Spiritseer, Wraithlord, 3 teams of Wraithblades. Could it work?
>>
>>46559320
Please name one thing
>>
>>46559350
No, because this is the board for traditional games, not discussing how trump can do no wrong.

Seriously, just go to /pol/. You'll find many more people who want to talk about this.
>>
File: 1328019611733.jpg (108 KB, 600x598) Image search: [Google]
1328019611733.jpg
108 KB, 600x598
>>46557309
>tfw you play sisters and you still have to hear every other army bitch and moan about how their newest shinny shit isn't on par with the broken as hell top dogs.
>>
>>46559423
>tfw you play Deldar wych cults
>tfw eagerly anticipating wych formations since 2012 to join the kabal formation and the haemonculus formation
>>
>>46559423
>sisters
>remotely comparable to shit like CSM, DE and Orks

Come on mate, our book is limited and the models are ancient, but the army itself is mid tier, especially when you consider that 99% of players will have no idea how to face them
>>
>>46559470
Atleast you have models mate.

Plastic even, you can't even get our crap anymore without a loan.
>>
File: 1410567961837[1].jpg (88 KB, 900x667) Image search: [Google]
1410567961837[1].jpg
88 KB, 900x667
>>46559498
I only own metal wyches.
>>
File: ref.jpg (101 KB, 968x1000) Image search: [Google]
ref.jpg
101 KB, 968x1000
Who gets which new psychic powers. Basically: everybody gets the new shinies, surprisingly.

Also worth noting that Deathwatch entry - currently their own librarian has to roll on Biomancy, so this proves either (a) there's definitely a standalone codex coming containing a generic DW librarian or (b) GW aren't bothering to cross-check their own rules again.
>>
>>46559596
>Basically: everybody

If only
>>
>>46559619
Well, you know what I mean. I was expecting them to put the boot into the blood angels again, just for shits and giggles.
>>
>>46559556
Hey, look! Gue'vesa!
>>
Getting back in the game since having last played during forth edition.What's a good point level to get started at?
>>
>>46559834
1000, I'd say. Large enough that you'll be doing stuff, but not so large as to be overwhelming with changes.
>>
>>46559834
To add to what that other guy says, 1000-1500 is a pretty sweet level to play at anyway. It's what my local store/club does, even people with 3000+ points in their armies enjoy playing at that level (they just have more options for their lists).
>>
>>46559596
When Librarians fall to Chaos, why do they forget Divination and Telekinesis?
>>
>>46559863
Divination is too depressing for a chaos sorcerer, and who needs telekinesis when you have slaves and daemons to move shit around?
>>
>>46559556
>>46559755
>Dark Eldar raid Tau city
>capture human women
I guess blueberries really don't have tits.
>>
>>46559846
>>46559862
I was thinking 1500 to start. I was just gonna play with my brother. Both horde type armies too. Anything I should no now that force organization charts don't matter anymore?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 73

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.