[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dragon: The Rocking General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5
File: 60 races.png (1 MB, 1280x830) Image search: [Google]
60 races.png
1 MB, 1280x830
PDF Link:
>https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2EvLNgly4OtLVhJWWl6NmxRQTA

Character Sheet
>https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2EvLNgly4Otazc3NTVpQVNYODA

Suggestions Doc
>https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ZO-js9ylLnqSrl4hVz1iJFE-S-imNrCrdnuyMaVrAk0
>>
>>46543509
Important shit from last thread:

>Well a while back we kinda' decided that it was time to abandon a raw Damage to HP form of indicating that damage was done, since that just doesn't suit the narrative of Dragon Ball and was kind of a pain to balance for.

>So somebody suggested that we look at a game like Legends of the Wulin to get an idea for how we could implement a system where damage dealt doesn't necessarily directly correlate to health lost. So now we've got a system where for every 5 Damage done to an opponent, that opponent adds 1 DC to a test to soak the damage. Soak tests are STR + TOU, and can be increased with armor or by blocking. The net failures of the soak test result in "Damage Effects" rather than health lost, which are effectively narrative injuries backed up mechanically by fatigue or other status effects.

>We're planning on having a bunch of sample damage effects (that lack hard math, meaning that they'll be functional this time around), ranging from "You're hit hard enough to be winded, but not so much that you've taken lasting damage. Increase Fatigue by 1," to "The blow finds purchase and you hear a sickening 'crack' as the wind exits your lungs. If you were hit by a Called Shot, that limb is now broken. If the called shot was to the head, you are unconscious for [an indeterminate length of time]. If you weren't hit by a called shot, your now have several broken ribs. Increase Fatigue by 2 and you may not move next turn."

>Ki will get a different set of damage effects just so we can have "You emerge from a cloud of dust completely unscathed," and "You struggle to survive, but you never stood a chance. You feel an overwhelming burning sensation, which gives way to a total numbness as your nerve endings are completely seared beyond repair. Panic sets in as you see your limbs turn to ash and break away from your body. If you wish, you may let out a single, short exclamation before your torso is evaporated."
>>
>>46543548

>Block is being changed from a Full Round Action to a Reaction that players use to add to their soak pool.
>Reactions are being revised to allow for a reaction per attack rather than per round
>Afterimage is being revised to something that occurs after a high enough number of net successes to dodge is met (ie: if you get at least three net successes to dodge you leave an afterimage that confuses the opponent, who may make a relevant test to immediately acquire the target (Sense Ki, Perception, Search, ect) or otherwise reacquire the target at the top of the round.
>Special Combat Maneuvers are being added to allow for more depth in combat. These include acts such as:
>Called Shot (how was this not there?)
>Feint (Revised): On a successful Deception test vs the target's Perception you may remove a number of dice from their reaction by the number of net successes, and add those to your own attack.
>Knockback Attack: A punch or blow of some kind that results in the target being pushed back by a number of meters equal to 10 meters per success. The target may make a Fly test with a DC equal to the successes the attacker made to hit. If they fail the target loses their next move action readjusting.
>>
File: 1440662135078.jpg (10 KB, 500x279) Image search: [Google]
1440662135078.jpg
10 KB, 500x279
dump
>>
File: 1432780431280.jpg (104 KB, 720x576) Image search: [Google]
1432780431280.jpg
104 KB, 720x576
>Regalia has to rip off every RPG ever to make a decent game

>Still can't write a good ki system to save his life

>fucking dice checks for dice checks, make sure you roll your agility to see how many fatigues this fuckbeam gives you for turns equal to how many successes that roll had!
>>
>>46544966
Would you prefer D20Z?
>>
bampu
>>
>>46549002
ETERNAL DRAGON, GRANT MY WISH! I WANT A BUMP
>>
File: tricks.jpg (35 KB, 400x349) Image search: [Google]
tricks.jpg
35 KB, 400x349
Ki system is a bit of a mess, but I really like the core mechanics.
>>
>>46553328
I'm really hoping that they pay close attention to the Ki system this time around. When they released 0.52, there were a lot of artifacts involving the older system that didn't apply left over.
>>
>>46543548
>Panic sets in as you see your limbs turn to ash and break away from your body. If you wish, you may let out a single, short exclamation before your torso is evaporated.

"I love cornbread."
>>
>>46554937
IDK, I'd rather see something sooner, more snapshots doesn't mean the game will progress slower necessarily.
>>
>>46556141
I just had a manicuuuuuuuuuuuuure!
>>
>>46558139
Well, one problem I saw was that, even though they ditched Magnitude and Size as stats for the ki attacks, it was still referenced in the Beam Clash, Duel, and attack modifier sections.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.