[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
GM's girlfriend
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 165
Thread images: 29
File: latest.png (7 MB, 2667x3185) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
7 MB, 2667x3185
Describe your experiences gaming with groups that included the GM's girlfriend.
>>
File: 1365598207220.jpg (190 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
1365598207220.jpg
190 KB, 645x773
>>46533518
>your experiences gaming with groups that included the GM's girlfriend
They are exactly like my girlfriend.

Non existent.
>>
But I am the GM and have no girlfriend, only a fuckbuddy.
>>
>>46533610
My gf lives in Japan
>>
>>46533764
mine lives in laptop
>>
I serve as the entire group's girlfriend once a week

Does that count?
>>
>>46533518
> begin to play
> DM's girlfriend is a min/maxer rollpayer
> don't stop to say to his boyfriend how to be a dungeon master
> DM send him two minute to the corner for being that girl.
>>
>>46533518
The GM's girlfriend was in the group from the start and is a quality player.

wait shit this isn't funny
>>
>>46533818
either you fucked up those pronouns hard, or there is some weirdass gender-swapping dynamics in your group
>>
File: 1401867478235.png (457 KB, 419x444) Image search: [Google]
1401867478235.png
457 KB, 419x444
>>46533818
Can you re-word that?
>>
File: maurizioanzeri1.jpg (599 KB, 775x1064) Image search: [Google]
maurizioanzeri1.jpg
599 KB, 775x1064
>>46533518
>find a group through a local vidya guild
>they play pathfinder. Ok cool
>meet That Girl
>100 kg 1,50 m, no neck, sausage fingered, pendulously chinned
>bona fide rippling, roiling landwhale with giant tits
>session starts
>door is locked
>DM literally locks us in saying it's for 'atmosphere'
>I'm in character as much as possible, trying to get the others in the spirit as well
>landwhale refuses to be in character
>barely capable of coherent speech
>she just mumbles about how I should've just bought a better table
>inserts exhibitionism and rape
>smokes at the table
>fails to even get neckbeards interested in her
>one of the creepy, greasy tits since I can't look at her hand and not have tits there
>landwhale plays a half naked gnome paladin of some homebrewed love goddess
>described him as "powerfully built, with big hand and hooves wink wink"
>I believe in absolutely bad actions, except for when I don't.
>first encounter: everyone is stoked, one landwhale player casually brags about knowing more about D&D than anyone there.
>DM takes exception to that
>Even I feel a smile creep across my mouth
>Decide to play Fighter too for the challenge of it all.
>Tell him I was gonna make A Two Weapon Warrior, one of the fighter archetypes and go all out with Bastard Swords.
>Say he was a weaboo type who trained with swords and junk.
>Party finds a huge cache of alchemist fire.
>Everyone takes a couple, as there isn't a wizard to dish out the AoE spells.
>DM "OK FINE"
>we relax
>DM offers a do-over then runs EXACTLY the same scenario with same results
>landwhale politely requests that he take her greasy little gnome chode and jam it up the physical ass of Mr. Fuck.
>mfw
>>
Two of my best friends are dating(i introduce them by organizing a game and hav been going out for like 6 years), when he DMs he doesnt have any blatant(to my sensibilities at least) favoritism towards her, but he does let her get away with some silly shit in character creation. But overall she's chill as fuck.
>>
I haven't played with her but according to a friend who has she's super quiet and apologizes for nothing a lot.
>>
File: image.jpg (84 KB, 413x395) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
84 KB, 413x395
>>46533518
>mfw he gives her no special treatment
>mfw she's ok with that because she's not a bitch
Must suck to have a beta chuck gym who lets his gf do whatever the fuck she wants
>>
>>46535882
Yeah, my GM's GF is fine and fun, if slightly unadventurous.
>>
>be the GM of a game about to hit it's yearly anniversary
>cancel a game that week to go visit friends
>the one that got away is there
>have PG moment in private together
>things are looking up
>games continue to run as normal
>three weeks later I find out she got back with her ex instead
>start taking things out on NPCs and making encounters harder
>one of the party's favourite NPCs encounters an unfortunate accident because I fudged the dice to permanently injure them, much emotion is felt
>they finish the campaign with the odds stacked against them
>an epic finale, and a satisfying ending
>party has had fun, asks when campaign #2 is
>begin planning another one, it's still running to this day
>They don't know I'm dead inside.
>>
>>46533886
>not having constant gender swapping anytime a player rolls 1
You're not a true fa/tg/uy
>>
>>46533518

I don't give her any kind of preferential treatment, though I have noticed how in the absence of anyone venturing to do anything, I will say things while looking at her more often. I've since taken care to shift my gaze to everyone when I talk.
The only weird part is that the group feels far more comfortable suggesting her character should seduce NPCs, as opposed to just bluffing/intimidating/reasoning with them.
One of the group (we're all friends) is also pathetically in love with her. Well, when I say "in love", I mean he fawns over her, his characters always do what she wants or protect her interests, and generally has that awkward body language thing going on.
Poor guy bought her earrings for her birthday. I asked one of my other friends to maybe talk to him about it.
I will always remember the moment when we were hugging after she gave a speech, it was obviously an intimate moment, and he threw his arms around us both. I felt super bad for him.
>>
>>46533810
That depends.

Are you actually a girl?
>>
>>46536302
Does he know you're dating?
>>
>>46536361

Yeah. We've been together for almost 8 years and I've known him for about 9.
We've only started playing together for about 2 years, and that's when it started.
He once told me he "wouldn't try anything" which was, sweet, I guess?
>>
>>46536411
I feel bad for every person in this situation.
>>
>>46533518
One of my games included the DMs girlfriend and two other players girlfriends. It was a fun campaign but I'm not sure if my experience counts since we were all old friends.
>>
>>46533518
My GF doesn't know anything about D&D. I showed her some White Wolf stuff (Mage: The Awakening I believe) and she remarked "It looks like a really complex version of being 12 years old"
>>
File: 1458466717993.jpg (210 KB, 1024x785) Image search: [Google]
1458466717993.jpg
210 KB, 1024x785
>>46533518
My GM's wife is my sister. I get onto her for marrying a fuck.
>>
File: 1458821733527.jpg (77 KB, 500x347) Image search: [Google]
1458821733527.jpg
77 KB, 500x347
>>46536302
Same scenario as you buddy. Except we're bith girls.

>DM a group, girlfriend is a player
>Girlfriend is bi, I'm a turbo dyke
>Member of group has a crush on her
>He's a creepy fucker about it
>Makes overt comments about her clothes or body, always tries to sit next to her but I place myself between them
>Isn't fond of me, holds up game rule-checking every decision I make and answering questions intended for the DM
>Once decided a new approach of flirting with me instead and forced me onto his knee (he is enormously fat)
>Other member helps me off and I backhand him
>Only hates me more now

Girlfriend is a bleeding heart and insists he's just misunderstood, so I can't kick him out. He might have legitimate mental deficiencies, at least social ones, but I don't see how it's my problem.
>>
>>46533956
I am so fucking confused.
>>
>>46533518
>Describe your experiences gaming with groups that included the GM's girlfriend.
>>
>evil campaign
>First session, they started about an hour before I showed up.
>GM's girlfriend is playing 2 identical twins who share a statline. she says how she kills and eats people because "evil."
>oh boy.
>I quickly roll up a ranger and show up
>her characters try to hit on me. I say, in character, I'm not into crazy women.
>she kills me
>I ask if I can show up as a random other guy with the exact same stats, DM says yes.
>takes 45 minutes when that exact moment would have been fine.

I think that campaign fizzled out very soon after, though.
>>
>>46533818
I refuse to believe this. Girls are almost never rollplayers or min-maxers unless they're lesbians because heterosexual girls don't bother reading rulebooks required for character planning.
>>
>>46536939
That's ANOTHER reason playing with partners is such a pain. If THEY don't want someone kicked it's basically impossible to do shit.
>>
>>46533956
What? Please elaborate, sir.
>>
File: sweatstiny2.jpg (41 KB, 325x358) Image search: [Google]
sweatstiny2.jpg
41 KB, 325x358
>2e couples D&D. Group consists of GM and his fiance, a lesbian couple, myself and my girlfriend.
>GM's girlfriend playing a wizard.
>She catches up to my priest in level, despite us being in all the same encounters.
>"How did you get that much experience?"
>GM intercedes, "There's bonus experience for sleeping with the GM."
>GM gives my girlfriend and I a suggestive look.
>mfw GM is bisexual.
>mfw that couple had invited both my girlfriend and I into threesomes before we started dating.
>>
>>46536939
>forced me onto his knee (he is enormously fat)
Huh? That counts as violence kick him.
>>
>>46536939
You need to talk to that guy or kick him out.

I had a player in my 4-2 girls to guys group and one of the guys creeped on all of the girls. It's not acceptable behavior and it gives our hobby a bad fucking name.

It's like 30+ year old men who try to hijack ttrpgs for their self-esteem issues.
>>
>>46537021
Do it. Have a foursome AND extra experience on top of it!
>>
>>46537058
are you saying they would get experience, and an experience?
>>
My DM has his wife play in a few of our games. She's a decent roleplayer, although she needs help with some rules, depending on the setting, but always learns the basics. He doesn't let her play anything unusual or over powered, although he always finds a way to get her a pet griffin. Even if it's just a house cat and barn owl mix, she always has that little griffin.
>>
>>46537048
>gm in everquest is a 30 plus super creeper
>somehow I'm an officer that everyone generally likes so I get complained to a fuck load
>get reports of this guy stalking people somehow outside of game
>eventually added to facebook mainly for nostalgia purposes

>looks about how you would assume a creepy d&d player to look
>constantly rants about the gubbmint and how the gays are destroying America
>>
>>46533518

My ex used to play in the group I gm'd.
She was a nerd queen, The game would never have happened if she hadn't brought us all together.

I actively tried to kill her characters, and the other players would white knight it up.
Try their damnedest to save her.
Except the guy who had a girlfriend too.
He helped me kill her with a few silent winks and nods.

She was by far the best roleplayer. But, I was probably biased.
>>
the GM was always weirdly angry at her for not paying attention, but none of us cared because she was kind of a bitch. Then the GM switched genders.
Another GM's girlfriend was also quiet, but not a bitch. I think the GM thinks she contributes more than she actually does, but they're both friends of mine so it's cool with me.
>>
File: xUtau.jpg (141 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
xUtau.jpg
141 KB, 1024x683
>>46536064
Man that sounds like a real emotionally shitty situation for you :\

In the nicest way possible, have you considered not being a bitch about something that was never really about you in any way?
>>
>>46537058
It's way too much pressure to be expected to disappoint three people simultaneously.

Seriously though, I'm not one of those people that can sleep with a friend and not be super awkward about it after.
>>
>>46537118
Anon I'm suddenly terrified that I'm your GM.
>>
>>46533810
Explain
>>
>>46537169
>Seriously though, I'm not one of those people that can sleep with a friend and not be super awkward about it after.
That is learned skill actually.
>>
My tabletop group is hosted by a treble of gay dudes. Two take turns GMing, while the other is a permanent player. It's a good time. It's especially funny when they start fighting about in-game shit, shouting, "Suck my cock!" at each other.
>>
>>46537186
Which one?
>>
>>46537210
The trans one.
>>
>>46537202
What percentage of friends would I alienate in the process of developing it?
>>
>>46533518
Back in high school one of our GM's dated a chick that was already part of the group, so mostly things went just fine.
>>
>>46537220
Nah, I haven't played with her for a long while, she's an edgy fucking weeb who always posts angry Facebook statuses about stupid shit.
She was like that before the switch, changed for a bit after but regressed back into her shitty ways.
>>
>>46533810
I need to know more.
>>
>>46537153
Put simply, I'm a good enough GM that putting in a shift in tone and challenge doesn't automatically equate to murdering players.

I still root for them, I'm very happy they won, and I'm still playing with them to this day. Nobody got hurt, and they all had fun.
>>
>>46536939
>rule-checking
Intentionally break a rule in a way that he would check, then as he does, just keep running the game. When he says you are wrong, just declare that it happened that way anyway.

He'll leave the group on his own soon enough
>>
>>46537014
Why must this be so?
>>
>>46537279
Oh okay, I don't use Facebook and am too dead inside to try and be edgy.

Every trans person that I have met has been such a terrible human being. I wish I didn't get why people hated us.
>>
>>46537014
Sometimes the GM will make his gf a min/maxed character for her.
>>
>>46536939
I hope he rapes you in your sleep.
>>
okay what I'm getting from this thread is do not allow lesbians or trannies into my group
>>
>>46537477
quit clownin around
>>
>>46533518
Well the DM in my group and her girlfriend are pretty good (both in terms of looks and behaviour).
They avoided shlicking each other during the game and there was no favouritism.

Also GMs girlfriend played a silly grapler barbarian and many keks were had at her luchador shenanigans.
I started playing my bard as a sports comentator for laughs as well.

Kinda sad they are lesbos because they are both good 7/10s in terms of looks and 10/10 due to personality.

Every now and then they will play the role of wingman when we're out clubbing and give great advice in regards to women.
>>
>>46533818
>>46533956
What the fuck is wrong with you people?
Are you high on acid or something?
>>
File: 135781356045838.jpg (231 KB, 627x502) Image search: [Google]
135781356045838.jpg
231 KB, 627x502
>>46533810
>>
>>46536860
That is the best description of any /tg/ I've ever heard
>>
File: 20090930.png (79 KB, 585x223) Image search: [Google]
20090930.png
79 KB, 585x223
>Almost ForeverGM
>Get girlfriend from outside the nerd community
>She asks to be introduced to nerd community
>Expect tragedy
>She loves it and everyone loves having her around
>In Pathfinder, she went straight to her first character as an Int-based primary caster, which if you don't know, is generally considered campaign-warpingly optimized
>She needs almost no help, and either by coincidence or innate talent creates a brutally powerful character
>I do the opposite of most GM's with their gf's to keep the game balanced
>No unfair benefits just because she sucks my dick
>Instead, call her on tons of specifics, make CERTAIN she spends money on spell components, make certain she keeps her Familiar safe, enforce tons of bookkeeping on her to attempt to slap down the caster edition stuff
>Rest of party gets it and totally understands, never complains that she gets special treatment, never thinks I'm too hard on her
>She learned quickly that her Rogue party member simply doesn't have the ability to end an entire fight on their own and warp time and space
>She likes the added challenge, rises to the occasion, and with luck and skill, still performs very well (You can only balance primary casters so much without outright banning them)
>Been happy as hell together for 4 years, playing a campaign together for the same amount of time
>Plans for future campaigns and characters come around and she seems just as happy as the day we started
>I am living the dream
>>
>>46537368
My old housemate was trans.
She's nice but super reclusive so doesn't really go out to give them a better rep.
>>
>>46537890
damn son. Marry that bitch.
>>
File: 1376299560125.gif (2 MB, 405x360) Image search: [Google]
1376299560125.gif
2 MB, 405x360
>Play with experienced group for years
>Friend wants to DM a new campaign and we go with it
>"Oh yeah and my wife is playing this time too."
>Didn't NOPE.gif like I should have
>Game starts and they are constantly talking about real shit at the table that no one cares about (laundry, groceries, some party her friend wants thm to go to tomorrow)
>Keeps rushing us when we are trying to say what we are doing but lets his wife go on for over thirty minutes on a plan that the rest of us didnt even go with
>fights happen
>blatantly let's her get away with shit in fights that we cant (tripping/disarming enemies without being a fighter or some sort of improvised weapon or thing in the environment, and just walking away from a group of enemies when low health and not a single one using their attack of opportunity)
>She gets mad at us constantly when we don't do what she tells us to do inside and outside of combat and tells us that we aren't playing OUR characters correctly
>rule checks us constantly and when I finally say fuck it and rule-check her friend says that he'll allow it this "one time"
>Done with her shit and say we may not be playing our characters right but at least we can play D&D right
>She rages and session ended so horribly that our three year old group hasn't played a game with each other since

Should have just said no the second I heard him say his wife was playing. Nothing good can ever come from a DM allowing someone they are fucking to play their campaign, or at last not for the others that isn't sucking their dick.
>>
I played some with my ex years ago. That was a friendship group with two couples though. Never any favouring that I noticed but we would sometimes help them out with rules and shit because they were newer to it.

Later on with my current girlfriend I ran a few games for my uni friends who were all girls. That went pretty well but it was super hard to get us all together due to other commitments. Still have board game days with most of them every 2 months or so though.
>>
>>46537984
Nah, we don't really like the idea of it. We're totally committed and everything, it's just an issue of "not needing the government's permission".
We pretty much agree on it 100% though.
THE DREEAAAAM, DUDE.
>>
I've gamed with two of my girlfriends (obviously in separate occasions) and it's always gone swimmingly well.
One is still playing with us (we broke up in a nice clean consensual way ages ago) and she's pretty good, the only "fault" being that she gravitates towards odd character concepts.
The other girl was a natural, we set up a game with a bunch of her normalfag friends and it was a blast playing with someone who wasn't an ubernerd for a while. The bitch left me for unrelated reasons; to this day, that game is the only thing I miss from that relationship.

I guess the moral of the story is that if you are not retarded and don't play with retards games work regardless of who's in it?
>>
>>46538043
Same with me and my missus. Why waste money and shit on it. We prefer to save for a house. (Plans for a sick gaming room)

We'd probably go do some paperwork if we wanted to move overseas or something though, just to make it easier. Otherwise it's pointless shit to us.
>>
File: 4457138334.png (201 KB, 376x408) Image search: [Google]
4457138334.png
201 KB, 376x408
>>46536064
>>
>>46538095
High five, anon.

Must be our retarded millenial sensibilities, amirite?
>>
>>46538114
Yep, ruining everything and getting screwed out of work. That's our game.
>>
>>46536485
same
>>
One of the other players in my group is a bit of a rules lawyer, clever when it comes to numbers, a bit dense with people but otherwise a nice guy.

His GF is our GM, 10/10 waifu material, great GM, was always the story teller type, and she was the one who got the rest into tabletop.

The way the group dynamic plays out, if feels like she babysits him from time to time when he spergs out, but she's to professional to play any favourites. I'm the only one of the party who isn't socially inept (just the degree varies), so I'm usually the one to get us back on track.
I'm not the only one who thinks so, by the way, the rest of the group also stated they wouldn't get anything done without me.

Honestly, I'd be willing to risk destroying the group to have a shot with gm-girl myself, if it weren't for that I'm her cousin.
>>
>>46533518
My girlfriend broke up with me a couple months ago. We still play together.
>>
File: 1449202127026.jpg (333 KB, 840x700) Image search: [Google]
1449202127026.jpg
333 KB, 840x700
>had gf who would do everything with me
>40k, p&p anything, didn't matter
>group loved her around, always liked her characters, really enjoyed her cooking stuff up for game nights
>10/10 chemistry, supported me in everything I did
>smart as hell, knew rules better than some of the bros
>would sit with me and help me plan out games, offer insight, etc
>didn't complain when I was awake at ungodly hours doing /tg/shit
>her family moves back to BRland and she goes because she's 19 and doesn't want to be so far away from them
>swallow my heart and watch her go
>date slew of sloots and bitches for years but nothing ever fills the void and nobody probably can
>some relationships last more than a few months but they all end up the same sort of way
>one by one my group finally break out of their shells
>several married now, others well on the way
>group is bigger now, several of the girls are decent players at multiple things
>one even has a ridiculously well painted guard army
>game nights still hosted at my apartment
>still talk to her sometimes, mostly about her kid and how much he's growing, but only when I cant ignore her any longer
>seems to get harder to get the guys together for game night with each passing week
>game nights now go until like 11pm instead of 6am no matter the day of the week
>"yeah bro we're really excited to keep playing next week!"
>always "next week"
>4 weeks ago now
>have to leave my box fan running so the screaming silence isn't all I hear
>>
>>46537093
>needs help with some rules, depending on the setting
Why should rules depend on the setting? What?
>>
>>46533810
My sympathies
>>
>>46538171
>Honestly, I'd be willing to risk destroying the group to have a shot with gm-girl myself, if it weren't for that I'm her cousin.
I didn't know Arkansas had enough people capable of reading to play tabletop games.
>>
File: 1277766825961.png (25 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1277766825961.png
25 KB, 400x400
>>46537014
>>
>>46538211
Dude, what.
>>
>>46537677
>Every now and then they will play the role of wingman when we're out clubbing and give great advice in regards to women.
They sound like the best kind of friend.
>>
>>46533518
Fine. He's a pretty no-nonsense kinda guy, usually pretty reasonable.

She's also cool. A bit obtuse and silly at times, but she doesn't derail us significantly, and she is otherwise bro-tier.
>>
>>46533956
>>46533818

Y'all are stoned, ain't ya?
>>
>>46537115
To be fair, I would almost always try to save a party member at risk of dying, too. Unless they're a total dick.
>>
File: 8809-1033-8048.jpg (13 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
8809-1033-8048.jpg
13 KB, 320x240
>>46536064
>>
>>46536939
Tell him to stop. If he doesn't, kick him.

Confront your problems.
>>
>>46536986
>>GM's girlfriend is playing 2 identical twins who share a statline. she says how she kills and eats people because "evil."

should've left right there
>>
>>46537107
>how the gays are destroying America

this is true tho desu
>>
>>46538023
Man, I hate it when people like them reinforce negative stereotypes.
>>
She was present for all of one game. Her character was a pretty decent ranger, and she had an annoying as fuck animal companion. She did pretty good, despite it being her first game, and I didn't really have any complaints.

She never played again.
>>
File: 1409888250461.jpg (11 KB, 208x210) Image search: [Google]
1409888250461.jpg
11 KB, 208x210
>>46537203
>It's especially funny when they start fighting about in-game shit, shouting, "Suck my cock!" at each other.
>funny
>>
>>46537368
>Every trans person that I have met has been such a terrible human being.

This 100%. It's hard to accept that they're "just like us" when every one I've ever met has been utter filth.
>>
>>46538222
you should smoke weed
>>
>>46533610
You should invite him to one of your games
>>
File: done with this shit.png (290 KB, 754x554) Image search: [Google]
done with this shit.png
290 KB, 754x554
>>46533518
She clearly doesn't want to be there. Half the sessions she just falls asleep, the rest of the time she's on her phone playing video games the whole time, or watching anime during game, or talking to her cat. Never listens to anything anyone says. Never knows what is going on. After several years of gaming, still can't remember the basics of which dice to roll or which numbers to add. I've even, on many different occasions, taken her sheet and written on it the dice and modifiers she will roll, and will say to her, "every single time you've acted for the past eight months you have only ever done one thing, which is swing your sword, here is what you roll and what you add". She still can't remember it, has to be reminded every time.

It's infuriating, because she obviously doesn't want to be involved, no one else wants her involved, and she slows the game down as much as having four other random people playing would, but she and her boyfriend are so fucking co-dependent they can barely take a shit without doing it in tandem. He won't run games without her playing in them, and he won't play in games unless she is invited.

And, of course, he's one of the best gamers I've ever met.
>>
File: bMQhSgg.gif (5 MB, 699x289) Image search: [Google]
bMQhSgg.gif
5 MB, 699x289
Feels sort of like how this music video plays out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghb6eDopW8I&nohtml5=False
>>
File: 5 centimeters per second.jpg (62 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
5 centimeters per second.jpg
62 KB, 500x281
>>46538222
Saddest story ever told. I'm very sorry, anon. Considering seeking psychological counseling is my advice to you.
>>
>>46538303
In that case I'd go for her regardless, no?
Pisses me off that it's not acceptable to have feelings for a 1st cousin in the western world. I'm not even interested in sex, I just want someone to understand, to rely on and to talk the night away.

This might be the wrong board to go on a rant - my apopogies.
>>
I need some advice here.

>moved to Germany, got a girlfriend after a few months
>fast forward two years and I´m finally fluent enough to get back into the hobby
>a new group forms and I get in, everyone agrees I should GM because I´m the most experienced one but there´s a couple more who would like to give it a go, one of them also experienced
>scared because shitty German but whatever, so far it´s going pretty well

>group is great, each player brings something to the group, it´s all going great
>girlfriend gets curious. She used to play Magic and still likes it though she doesn´t play anymore, plays some videogames, mostly Skyrim-tier stuff
>she helps me sometimes when I´m building the story, likes to hear what I´m working on and sometimes gives me ideas
>one day she asks exactly what´s it all about, I explain. She thinks it sounds nice
>then she begins asking stuff like "so I can just go and do this or that? What if I want to fight by throwing cats at people´s faces? What if I want to drain the sea?" and other similar stuff

I´m really not sure if she´d be chaotic stupid or if she´s just trying to grasp the level of freedom you have in these things.

I´m really torn on whether to bring her to the group or not. I want to try to get her in the hobby, but we´re already too many and I just don´t want to take the risk. I kinda let it on the side and it hasn´t come up again.

I´m thinking it might be better to organize something with her friends. They´re all more or less on her level, except for two who are more into videogames, and one of them has shown some interest in trying tabletop too.

Any other ideas?
>>
>>46538490
She easily defeats all the enemies you encounter, and then the BBEG turns out to be her dad?
>>
>>46538515
Running another group sounds like your best option if you have time, regardless of how good she ends up being big groups tend to be unfun to play in or DM.
>>
>>46538498
Frankly I've had that relationship with three women, one was a cousin and the other was my sister

Wanting a close relationship with family who happens to be female is only awkward when you make it awkward, stop being a sperglord and ask your cousin to coffee or a 'wow childhoodretro' sleepover, or just talk to her, Facebook is a cowards dream
[spoilers]third was a childhood friend who got hormonal in highschool and wanted to date, she's the type who drops tons of hints, then gets pissy and acts like you're dead beyond any reconciliation when you havent even done anything wrong after so long ofignoring the advances, a shame and a horrible pit in my heart,really[/spoiler]
>>
>>46537247
Depends on how fast of a learner you are.
>>
File: edgy.jpg (29 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
edgy.jpg
29 KB, 300x300
>>46537477
>>
>>46533518
I was the GM and my GF was a player.
Turns out, she plays like a literal psycopath, as in, "I don't see why torturing this man for a few days is wrong at all".

I had to end the campaign at the third session because I failed as a GM and didn't know how to deal with her at all.
>>
>>46537368
I think it has to do with the fact that they're discriminated a lot. Kinda same with gays. I've met few decent trannies, but most are nutcases.
>>
>>46538095
>>46538043
But those tax benefits tho.
>>
>>46536939
>Girlfriend is a bleeding heart and insists he's just misunderstood, so I can't kick him out. He might have legitimate mental deficiencies, at least social ones, but I don't see how it's my problem.

Does nobody discriminate anymore?
>>
>>46533956
nice pasta
>>
>>46538222
My condolences, it's gotta suck to lose something like that, but don't let it eat you, there's more to life than having a girlfriend.
>>
>>46536411
I've been in similar situations. At the risk of sounding normie as fuck, you gotta get him laid. Help him find another girl and get over your gf. Alcohol helps tremendously in my experience.

>>46536860
Your girlfriend is fucking awesome
>>
>>46536939
Tell your girlfriend she's being retarded and kick his ass out.

We had a guy acting like that in our group hitting on a girl(lesbian) in Eclipse Phase game. He also did a fake british accent even though he was from idaho or something because she was English. And it was a serious story game, so he decided to use a dismembered arm he found as a melee weapon. I'm surprised they lasted the entire campaign before removing him from the social circle for good.
>>
I got lucky due to being forever GM. Closest I ever got was running for a guy and his then-girlfriend.
They were okay, although she played an ex-cop in a horror oneshot and her immediate response to a weird grandma lunging for her with bare hands was to shoot her. Luckily she was possessed, so it was the right response, but damn.
>>
>>46533518
Terrible.

We all bent over backwards to include her, explain to her and let her do what she pleased, but she was intimidated by the sheer freedom.

Rabbit in headlights look. "I stab them in the face" her stock answer.

She was pestered into it by her BF, who gave up after about three months of it. She loathes it all and hides away whenever we play. Game got far better once the need to pander and repeatedly explain was gone.

As for myself. My GF is fairly new to rpgs, but is eager to learn and my friends are helping her out as we go.
>>
>>46533798
smelly spider has girlfriend on another web

>don't mate with him he's not right
>>
I am the gm's girlfriend. I started playing because I followed an ex to his game just to be closer to hI'm and I was pretty much That Girl. Then I started getting into it. I liked getting to act all big and bad and Lara Croft. Then I got into cosplay and bf got jealous of the attention... and became my ex.

I wasn't about to give up the game, though. He pulled the "choose between her or me" shit. The gm said he had no reason to choose because he'd make the decision. Ex got pissed and left. GM said, "See?"

GM was cute. Dumpy, but cute. But seeing him captivate a room was a turn on. Worked on him, just sort of evolved into his gf while getting him to change his hair, dress better, and even join me at the gym because.... well... he had to keep up, right? Not classically handsome but I adore him.

Worst problem I have is that the room captivating thing is now an immense turn on I am waiting for the game so I can finally act on how it's made me feel.

He says he has to be extra tough on me during the game so people don't feel like I am getting preferential treatment. Hard to describe how but that ends up being preferential treatment! It ends up seeming to put more attention on my character even from the other players. While I love the whole game, it's the story that gets me and it all makes me feel like the main character in the story...
>>
>>46540137
>Worked on him, just sort of evolved into his gf while getting him to change his hair, dress better, and even join me at the gym because.... well... he had to keep up, right?

I usually try to defend women like normal human beings but, c'mon. Don't be that bitch.
>>
>>46533810
(You)
>>
>>46540262
Why is it bitchy? I'm not asking him to give up things he likes. What's wrong with helping him improve his health and appearance?
>>
>>46533518
>DM and gf have one of those affectionately antagonistic relationships
>he tends to have monsters go after her more than anyone else
>she plays a tanky fighter who can take the pain
>tfw you finally have a meatshield who does her fucking job.
>>
>>46540367
It's the "he had to keep up" part. He doesn't have to. You may interest him into it for his own being, but you obviously only did it because you think he has to look good to be deserving of you.

Let the guy look however he wants to look, it has no real effect in your life.
>>
>>46540262
>>46540441
Dunno about you, mate, but I was in the GM's boat, and I love it. I'm an unmotivated fuck, and having someone willing to help push me towards improvement and away from backsliding had made me a better and happier person.
>>
>>46533518
I think she was a shapeshifter. Every couple sessions she looked totally different and pretended not to know us, rolled up a new character and we just forgot the last one was ever there.
>>
>>46533518
literally emotionally/physically abusive and controlling.

It had never occurred to us he never went out without her because we just assumed they liked all the same shit.

If your friend is a slightly effeminate, considerate shut-in with a girlfriend that never seems to be anywhere without him, get him alone and get him out.
>>
>>46537153

>StanLeeperformstheritual.jpg
>>
>>46533518
>be me
>Start playing D&D 5ed with a new group.
>Master's GF in the group.
>pleasenosenpai.avi
>She has two characters, plays both at the same time.
>For some reason I think she hates my guts.
>Think I made a mistake, maybe I should quit the group and try again.
>The campaign is fucking epic, the master is pretty fucking good, I am an alwaysdm so this feels new and fresh.
>Master's GF keeps being kinda rude though.
>One evening, after the campaign, I stay for dinner.
>Me and Master's GF talk, she's super chill and we get along.
>"I thought you hated me"
>"Ahahah, dude I was rping my dwarves, they hate your half elf."
>She
>was
>fucking
>role
>playing.
>Also she tells me she's playing two characters because one was from a girl who had to abandon but she was somehow crucial to something that needed to happen, then she'd retire officially.
> Still play with that group, we became friends, best campaign ever and I have no problems whatsoever.

I think I'm quite atypical though. I know of very bad experiences with GFs
>>
>>46540582
Please never call the GM master again. Please. It implies different things.
>>
>>46536939

this definitely happened
>>
>>46540725
Are you triggered, autist?
>>
I've brought two different gf into tabletop as DM. My last girlfriend lived it and got super into it. Only special treatment she got was some one on one time to better learn the system which really went a long way for her.

Current girlfriend isn't as into it, but still usually has fun, although gets immensely bored at the usual town faff of shopping for magic items and whatnot.

As far as games where I wasn't the DM, the first girl I mentioned ended up dating a DM for an Athas campaign and was allowed an inix with the frenic template. Even after she left the campaign, her fucking lizard is a regular contributor to the party.
>>
>>46537014
I've seen this come to be in 5/6 cases.
>>
Hmm, alright.
>first time, playing DH
>GM was cool, gf was chill as fuck
>she wasn't excessively about the rules, but she had firm rp in hand
>GM never gave her an easy pass, was even a little harder on her compared to the rest of us, something I pulled up to him in private
>balanced it out some more, gf and I end up becoming buddies IC
>we end up the sole survivors of the campaign
And the next time...
>gf was mine, I was running the game
>gf is very shy and socially self-conscious, can't seem to break it
>never told the group we were dating
>told them like 2 years into it all
>they never really knew
>>
>>46540441
I don't think I'm making him do anything. I just provide motivation. And it does make a difference to me. I'm not going to deny that physical attraction matters.
>>
>>46533518

Our GM is a girl, but her boyfriend is in the group, and he's weird, but not That Guy sort of weird.

>We usually play on Friday evenings, start at sevenish, play till the wee hours in the morning.
>He comes off directly from work.
>He usually starts the session half asleep
>I'm watching him, I know he doesn't take caffeine, he won't even drink soda.
>Will progressively become more energetic as the session continues. By about midnight, he's positively manic.
>Once he perks up, he'll keep track of all the math.
>And I mean ALL the math.
>Every system we play
>He'll know everyone's hit points/values, if she tells him what the enemies have in terms of remaining health, he'll keep track of that too, and keeps a running total of pretty much all the modifications to any given roll in his head somewhere.
>Tends to think out loud by slowly craning his head back, looking at the ceiling, and start rattling off ideas in this weird toneless voice, not at all like his regular speaking voice.
>Rolls certain dice with his left hand, other dice with his right hand.
>Becomes incredibly agitated if you try to make him roll a d6 with his right but a d20 with his left.

There is no clear favoritism. I like playing with them.
>>
>>46537203
>a treble of gay dudes
Is that like a murder of ravens or clowder of cats?
>>
>>46537518
Why lesbians? From the stories in this thread they seem to have no more issues than anyone else.
>>
>>46540262
>>46540441
Shoo shoo, gains goblin
>>
File: Why.jpg (25 KB, 640x430) Image search: [Google]
Why.jpg
25 KB, 640x430
>ForeverGM invites GF to game.
>Despite the fact that we already have a caster, she makes a wizard.
>Tries to shoot a fire elemental with a fire ball and fails because no duh, fire elemental.
>Gets 1shot by crit because wizardHP and didn't buff.
>Flips table and storms out.
>GM doesn't show up to next game, so I become ForeverGM.
>Doesn't see old GM for a month, but don't care 'cause got an awesome game going.
>See's old GM at flea market and asks how he's been.
>Finds out that his GF was so salty that she had burned all his RPG books before he had a chance to go home and dumps him.
>Spent a month in the court system.
>Crazy ex gets off because feminazi neighbors testify on her behalf and claim that they never saw her that day.

There is a reason they say "Don't stick dick in crazy."
>>
>>46537890
>make certain she keeps her Familiar safe,

Is that a thing DMs have to do? I'm playing a pathfinder Arcanist and Ratslayer, my scorpion familiar is as much a character as I am. Him and my character have matching fedoras for simultaneous tipping... It just seems weird to me that you wouldn't know where your familiar was and what it was doing at all times.
>>
>>46533518
A normal fucking game.

Not every girl is
>that girl.
>>
>>46542669
>"Don't stick dick in crazy."

Hory shet,.
>>
>>46539042
Is it worth when she inevitably gets knocked up with a black or muslim child then force you to take care of both her and the kid for the rest of your live? That's the goal all modern women have, there are no tax bonuses worth all that.
>>
Love the GM's wife. She has a lot of stress and responsibilities, so sometimes she has to answer emails at the table, but she seems able to multitask most of the time. Decent role player and is becoming a formidable threat on the battlefield. Sometimes she behaves too moderately since she's the in character party leader and she worries about getting the rest of us in a tight situation.

The GM's mom however....
>brags about being the party healer
>after 1 year, has healed probably less than 10 times
>always chooses the absolute worst spells (even when GM doesn't make her choose spells at the beginning of the day)
>her turn in battle usually lasts 20 minutes because she needs to re read spell descriptions every time
>story revolves around her
>GM pulls some deus ex machina to make her relevant in fights
>literally has a god-spirit that guides her on what to do, which manifests in the form of GM texting her directions

She's a great lady outside of the game, but it's very frustrating to play with her, especially since she has supposedly played for 10 years.
>>
>>46542987
>chasing after filthy sluts that lust for the cocks of niggers and/or sandniggers
Not all women are like that anon, you just have shit taste.
>>
File: tumblr_mes7hdpv3s1riiw1do1_250.gif (120 KB, 250x141) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mes7hdpv3s1riiw1do1_250.gif
120 KB, 250x141
>>46542864
>>
>>46538468
But but, if he's letting his out-of-game hangups tie him up and force something (or, someone) on the group that nobody wants (including her), then is the quality of his 'gaming' not lower because of it? Which means he's not a great 'gamer' at all?

Or is everyone you know actually so shitty that he's still the best
>>
File: 570721.jpg (12 KB, 544x438) Image search: [Google]
570721.jpg
12 KB, 544x438
>>46538222
I know how you feel bro
>used to have a good group
>one by one they got busy (move out, get gf/work, etc...)
>still go out with them but it's nearly impossible to set up a game night
>mfw I bought the 5th edition and keep worldbuilding hoping that, someday, I could start my own adventure with them again
>>
>>46539175
>she played an ex-cop in a horror oneshot and her immediate response to a weird grandma lunging for her with bare hands was to shoot her.
So... perfect roleplay?
>>
>>46542864
Pretty much this.
One of them had problems figuring out the rules, but was very game about the setting.
The rest were perfectly normal players.
>>
>>46538222
My truest feels go out to you.
>>
>>46538222
I second that you should smoke weed, real sorry man, I hope you find someone who makes you feel close or better than that someday.
>>
>>46541212
I think the other anon was more angry that you heavily influenced his decisions, but if he is happy now and would go back and do that all over again if given the option, then I think it all breaks even.
>>
>>46537950
>be mentally ill
>put on dress
>still be mentally ill
>>
>>46542669
Wow.
>>
>>46542987
I just spotted the MRA!
>>
>>46543835
As much as I hate to say it, you are correct.
>>
>>46538515
>german
I think I can guess where the line of questioning will lead

>can my character start a caliphate?
>can they get married?
>can they look into alternative marriage arrangements?
>can I invite my somalian friend over?
>can I invite his friends as well?
>would you mind stepping out for a bit?
>can you call planned parenthood?
>can you give me the keys to the apartment?
>can you call the police?
>>
File: no more.png (10 KB, 247x204) Image search: [Google]
no more.png
10 KB, 247x204
>>46538222
Motherfucker...
>>
>>46543861
Just because I'm an MRA doesn't mean I'm not right.
>>
>>46538222
>>46536064
Christ, I didn't need this in what was supposed to be a That DM thread
Thread replies: 165
Thread images: 29

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.