[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ma n' Da
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 154
Thread images: 21
File: Bigby Happy Father's Day.jpg (980 KB, 1200x1500) Image search: [Google]
Bigby Happy Father's Day.jpg
980 KB, 1200x1500
How's your character's relationship with their parents, /tg/?
>>
>>46533492

>Brown hair
>Black hair
>Red hair
>Blonde
>All from the same mother

THIS ISN'T HOW GENETICS WORK.
>>
>>46533536
cuck-a-doodle doo!
>>
File: Mister North.jpg (440 KB, 1014x1231) Image search: [Google]
Mister North.jpg
440 KB, 1014x1231
>>46533536
>>46533553
His father is the North Wind so fuck genetics' laws and it's magic.
>>
>>46533536
>not wanting to relax with your wife's children
>>
>>46533536
It does if the two black hairs are adopted
>>
>>46533536
He's the literally Big Bad Wolf and those are his and Snow White's kids, genetics ate its gun before these fuckers were even Zygotes.
>>
>>46533492
In a campaign that's probably over now due to DM and other players not giving a fuck, I actually wrote an extensive background for my character for once, incorporating her parents and childhood into it.
Basically, she was born into a family of peasants, and her mother died in childbirth. Her father, his wife being the only thing he really had in life, began to blame his daughter for the death of his wife, resenting her. Understandably, my character and her father had a shaky relationship at best. Her father became a hollow shell of the man he once was.
By the time my character was a young child, a cult of a malevolent death god was sweeping across the nation at the time, largely in secret, and a member of this cult made an appearance to character's father. The cult member promised my character's father that he would leave and return with a substantial reward, in exchange for his child daughter.
In a moment of impulsiveness, he handed her over.
However, after just a few minutes, he regretted his horrible mistake, and ran out of his house to find and recover his daughter.
By the time he got there, the cultist had already begun a ritual on his child daughter, binding her spirit to the death god's domain (the world of the dead) using a talisman as a conduit.
The completion of the ritual would result in her death.
My father, in a panic, struggled with the cultist.
The cultist wasn't much of a fighter either, only carrying a talisman-sword for ritual use. The struggle ended with character's father killing the cultist with his own sword, without meaning to. This was the first and only time he had ever killed anyone, so he experienced a moment of shock at what he had done. However, the ritual had been stopped, but it had been halfway completed.
From then on, my character essentially had one foot in the world of the living, and one in the world of spirits. As a result of this, she was able to sense the spirits of the dead drifting between worlds.
(cont)
>>
Not really close with his dad, he doesn't know him that well and the guy has his own other family.

Inappropriately close with his mother, who raised him on her own. His parents separated when he was young, over a betrayal.
>>
>>46533771
Go on...
>>
>>46533492
Well his mother was murdered by Werewolf Hunters at when he was very young, and this drove his father to swear a blood oath to find and kill every last one of them (and their wives). He left my character in the care of another Werewolf family, how ever several years later the caravan they traveled in was attacked by soldiers of an rival nation of the one they were in
He was captured and sold into slavery, where he was later bought and semi adopted by a very rich family who made him the body guard of their eldest daughter. You can guess where that went.
Anyway, he doesn't have enough memories to care about them.

His dad how ever, has finished his quest and his now on a search for him. How ever... he's a bit warped how.
More machine than man now.
twisted and evil
>>
>>46533771
She was initially horrified by the spirits she perceived, being unable to even speak for the next year or so, but she eventually grew to empathize with the dead, even finding their presence comforting, most likely due to having grown up with no mother and an unloving father.
After the incident, her father realized the weight of his regrets for having treated her poorly up until this point, and attempted to beg her forgiveness, and be a better father to her, but the damage had been done.
Her unique talents in perceiving the dead allowed her to sense the use of necromancy. She could essentially their pain when spirits are bound by necromancers, and, due to her empathy with the dead, grew a hatred for those who would torment or enslave them.
The local church discovered this talent of hers, and made use of it by employing her as a cleric specializing in exorcism, one who would hunt down and purge corrupt and evil spirits.
She recognizes that suffering can transform the dead into monsters, such as wraiths, and prefers to prevent such transformations from occurring in the first, by putting a stop to things like torture and necromancy, but she is more than willing to defeat a wraith in battle if it's too late.
By the time she had become an adult and an exorcist, she had mostly forgiven her father, but a great deal of distance still existed between them, which neither were quite able to cross.
Possibly due to her essentially having been raised by spirits of the dead instead of proper parents.
Her father still feels guilt for what he did, and continually tries to reach out to her whenever she's around, and she tries to reciprocate, but finds it difficult, as she still harbors a degree of resentment for her father, not being able to help it.
And that's it, that was my character's backstory and relationship with her father.
I hope I get the chance to actually play her someday in a campaign that will last.
>>
>>46533492
She hasn't seen them in 17 years and they think she's dead. Her father suspects she's alive, but is super depressed and worried that (if she is alive) she hasn't sought them out. Her mother poured her grief into her work until her commanding officer told her to take a few years off (elf mom. So a few years is nothing). Elf mom went vengeful and started hunting lycanthropes, because her parents think she was killed by lycans. In truth, character became a lycan and was too scared/ashamed to go back to her parents after that.

Her poor dad is getting old and can't get her mom to move on, because elves in this world (being longer lived) process emotions a lot slower than humans.

I feel bad for her dad. Poor dude is a-ok but just keeps getting the short end of the stick.
>>
My character grew up in an orphanage. Her mom got killed by a werewolf, and her dad is a piece of shit who travels the world.

Also her dad is the father of another PC, and actually married that PC's mom
>>
let me think...my first 2 characters were a rogue and and some kind of religious zealot class (4e i know bad edition to start playing RPGs) and their background was that the rogue's family made a deal with a family of magic users where they would merge families in order to both become more powerful.

was kinda edgy and not great but they had a big family and familyline.

After that lets see...never mentioned, never mentioned, died of old age, born trough magical means and raised by a paladin, orphan.

Im starting to understand the "hobo" part of murderhobo. PCs should have more moms. "Are you out adventuring again dear? dont forget to bring a jacket, it might get cold in those dungeons!"
>>
>>46533492
If by parents you mean sire, then pretty good, I send him money if he needs it and he lives in his own villa by Sicily.

As for regular parents, we are kind of distant, due to them being, like, dead. Perfect otherwise. Have to thank dad for this merchant business that he let me inherit after my siblings all disappeared.
>>
>>46533492
Funny story
I made two cohorts for my Golem character
One was an Elf named Apollo.
He was left orphaned after his parents were killed by bears and found by a young Dwarf mother, who brought him home and her and her husband adopted him.
He was trained as a Cleric to the Forge God, and spoke very broken common tongue.
He loves his adopted parents and they love him, but he is curious to the group of elves he is genetically related to.
>>
>>46533492
>hisparentsaredeeeeaaaaad.exe
>>
File: Kill Yourself.gif (205 KB, 500x377) Image search: [Google]
Kill Yourself.gif
205 KB, 500x377
>>46533492
Who here is /daddyissues/?
>>
>>46534030
>She could essentially their pain
Meant to say "she could essentially feel their pain"
>>
>>46534802
Basically, my character
>>46533771
>>46534030
>>
>>46533492
My character has a good relationship with his mother.
His father died while out on a job as a merc in service of a lord. He chose to follow in his father's foot steps even brandishing his father's sword. His mother doesn't know (she made him swore that he would never be a merc) and thinks he works in service of a city guard in a place far away. He sends her money and letters about a life he doesn't live just so she doesn't die from worry.
>>
>>46533492
Kinda non-existent ever since my character left them and his grandpa alone in the woods about forty years ago, though given his childhood of "train to survive, abuse cases need not apply" it was more of a student-teacher(s) relationship than anything paternal anyway. The idea is that the three of them are mid-high level nomadic adventurers, which is partly how he managed to survive childhood with his shit fighting rolls and the explanation for how his inept ass started the campaign at level 6.

His grandfather is the archer ranger that's old but can still kick ass and has a bit of an ego about it as well, because elves duh, his father is the dual-wielding beatstick druid that's certainly less emotional than he should be but cannot resist making a pun or other bad joke, as is dad tradition, and his mother is the stupidly-gifted sorcerer and a twin, but that's not important who less-naturally was the most sensitive to the whole "child's needs" deal.

What led to that is that she didn't have much to teach him given his surprising ineptitude at anything arcane which played a hand in the breakout of his self-deprecation, constantly seeing himself as many-leagues-inferior to his predecessors while his father and grandfather were the ones who taught him the manly survival skills of surviving manliness, with varying degrees of "I think they were actually just trying to kill you" quoted from the party fighter.

My character is currently thinking of whether or not it's futile to try to track them down after all this time, even if it's just to catch up on decades past, see if ol' grandpa is still nocking and kicking, and to get the shame and dishonor of hooking up with a non-elf out of the way before he starts worrying about his love life even more.
>>
>>46536306
Noice
>>
Not too good.
He was too sickly as a young man to join the army like they wanted so they ignored him in favor of his siblings. But he trained his body too overcome it's limits and when war came he joined up to receive money for college.
He distinguished himself in battle and rose too the rank of Commander even leading the finale push to conquer the enemy. His parents were now proud of him but he resented them as they only showed affection now that he was a decorated war hero. "Did you raise a live child only too see it end life?"
>>
>>46533492
Usually adoptive parrents like prostitutes in harbour towns, farmers, hunters, monks in a monastery and the like.

My PCs always act like the good son working away from home and sends them letters with money every now and then and visits when he gets the chance.
>>
>>46533492
45 year old barbarian - After a lifetime of bloodshed and carnage, both passed away peacefully while wrestling bears. They all loved each other very much.

175 year old elf - Both died around 60 years ago in an act of divine retribution for not being scholarly enough. They had a good relationship when they weren't trying to convince their wizard son to get plastered and forget books.
>>
>>46533492
They tragically died to give GM minimal number of plot hooks.
>>
File: 1459824126490.jpg (348 KB, 1241x900) Image search: [Google]
1459824126490.jpg
348 KB, 1241x900
Ehh neutral leading towards a more positive relationship. Really a trend among my characters is that they cutoff ties(in the best as possible way) between them and family so that they aren't caught in any shitstorm thats a consequence of his lifestyle. Latest character was an ex-noble warlock who was smuggled by friends of his family out of mage-hunts the country into a nice magical college on the other side of the border when he accidentally on purpose made a pact with an otherwordly patron that had backed his ancestor in the past. For obvious reasons hes tried to limit contact or even news of him returning to his family though he does receive news about his family and the GM has been pretty nice about their development
>>
File: 1438005321458.jpg (65 KB, 500x519) Image search: [Google]
1438005321458.jpg
65 KB, 500x519
>>46533492
They sometimes send random little items and whatnot. They are both happily married ex-adventurers who raised my character well and taught him the value of family and friendship.

The mom is very much still alive and the father wasn't a deadbeat who left him at 7.
>>
File: Ioudas.jpg (128 KB, 774x1032) Image search: [Google]
Ioudas.jpg
128 KB, 774x1032
>>46533492
My Dark Heresy character never really knew his parents. He grew up on Sepheris Secundus, a feudal mining world in the Calixis Sector. His father was a foolish, arrogant baron who thought he'd skip tithe day, denying Queen Lachryma III her rightful tribute. This was, of course, an immediate death sentence. The Royal Scourges were deployed, the Barsabbas estate was set ablaze, the baron and his family were put to death, and every servant who dared resist was met with lasgun and chainsword.

When the dust cleared, the ashes settled, and the hangman's noose lay bare, babby Ioudas himself wound up 'adopted' into the Royal Scourges. He was indoctrinated, told his family name was tainted, he had treason and sin in his blood. Nothing could ever wash away the stench of his disgraceful heritage, but should he serve with valor and distinction, he could perhaps repay his debt to his merciful queen and the holy God-Emperor by perishing in battle some day.

So...in a weird way, I guess the queen who had his parents killed is the closest thing he has to a mother figure. Her, or maybe the Inquisitor who scooped him up, I dunno.
>>
>>46533492
She has infinite respect for her father. He's wise. He's calm. He's learned. (for a barbarian.) He knows magic and spirits and gods and the ways of them. He might not be the greatest warrior like she is, but he's a valued adviser and wiseman. Filial loyalty is 100%, and he's the one who brought her up proper. Anything he says she will accept and believe without question, because she knows him, she trust him, implicitly. Hasn't been home in a few years though.

Poppa's second wife, her stepmother, is a much-put-upon woman of extreme patience. The PC wasn't exactly an easy kid to raise, but by and large stepmother and her son/PC's halfbrother got along adequately. Both are wise, charismatic, and have the patience of literal saints. ~aasimar~

Bloodmother, though...
It's tentative. Rocky. They only met recently, really, and there was a lot of... hurt back and forth. Resentment at having been abandoned by her blood mother, a serious spiteful desire to measure up and prove herself, not just to win acceptance with mother, but to make her mother's side of the family come crawling back and asking *her* for acceptance. After a bit of drama and much angst it's slowly kinda settling down. They aren't quite calling each other 'mother' or 'daughter' yet, still using names, but they're getting a long and PC is asking her mother's input and advise on quest matters at hand.

In a really adorable and mildly awkward development, she gave her mother a small gift last session. Nothing elaborate, a magical gewgaw, really, but useful, practical, and something from her daughter. Very heartwarming, really. Much better than I would have imagined it developing.
>>
>>46533492

Due to what I assume is a typo in the Elemental Evil Player's guide, Aarakocra live 30 years.
So my character's parents are dead and at the ripe old age of 12, he's got children of his own and a wife.
>>
>>46534248
B A S T A R D
A
S
T
A
R
D
>>
>>46537832
That's not a typo.

They're birds, after all.
>>
>>46533993
>You can guess where that went.
Anyway, he doesn't have enough memories to care about them.
Did they fug?
>>
>>46537918

In previous editions, they lived 300 years.
Also: they're descendants from extraplanar beings from the Plane of Air, one of the Creator Races.
>>
His mother died of a brain tumor when he was 11, and his father quickly fell into drink and grief and beat him for a few years until he joined a street gang and ran away from home. From there he got pulled off the street and was tutored by a mechanic.

Needless to say, his relationship with his father is 'dead to me', and with his mother is 'I'd rather not remember', though he is very partial to unconditional love, and has a soft spot for animals, children, and the one man who believed in his inner goodness. They're lovers, after a point.

He's a paladin, too, or would be one if he was in a system that had paladins. Very concerned with truth and justice, this one.
>>
>>46537933
>humanoids living 300 years

i forget how stupid dnd is
>>
File: MY_PARENTS_ARE_DEAAAAD.jpg (144 KB, 300x291) Image search: [Google]
MY_PARENTS_ARE_DEAAAAD.jpg
144 KB, 300x291
>>46533492
>>
>>46533492
Current PC wise my elfs parental relationship is in bad shape.
Without going too much into it his parents were on opposite sides on a island embroiled in constant war, they fell in love and had a son (my PC).
This part is where you would usually think the wars ended and lived happily ever after since they were both pivotal figuresin both countries but the leaders if the mothers country (greedy old elven jews) kidnapped him at a young age and sent him off as a hostage so the wars could continue and thus drag in more gold for them.
The ship my PC was on got destroyed and my PC became a slave for a short while (think shota prostitute passed around by nobles, nasty shit) until he was bought and freed by the leader of a mercenary company.
A couple of decades later and he is a level 7 fighter, rich as fuck and currently gathering more strength, renown, and power to return home and be reunited with his family.
Meanwhile mommy and daddy elves are neck deep in shit as more and more people die to keep the elder elves coffers full of gold.
>>
>>46537785
Whenever I saw little miss lost snail, no matter how light hearted the scene was ment to be, I always remembered she was run over as a young girl and that would just suck all the humour of the scene right out.
>>
>>46533492
The most recent one basically became to demons what Hitler was to the jews.

His father is proud. His mother is disturbed.
>>
>>46538046
You do know that if it weren't for telomeres, we would easily live for 200+ years. There is a lot of study into this and it's thought we will be the last generation who dies before their first century.
>>
I wish I could have my characters have normal relationships with my parents, but my DM always does shit like having your parents kidnapped and tortured if you don't kill them off in your background.

>Oh, but anon, you have to understand I must use your BG to create plot hooks that can make character development possible!
Fuck that...
>>
>>46538366
His/her parents I mean.
>>
Complicated situation with his mom involving a serious long term relationship without either aware of their being related till after kids were had. All of this thanks to DM fuckery.

With his dad, no relationship to speak of since he's never met the guy.
>>
>>46533492
Dead.
His dad used to be alive, but got killed by his (the character's) brother.
Good news is that his foster mother is still around, and spoils him and his brother whenever she can (it's in the middle of a war, so not often).
She's a Life Domain Cleric, he's a Battlemaster Fighter, as is his brother.
He also has a Bard/Fighter wife. They are completely devoted to one another.
He's also the BBEG.
>>
>>46533492
For my half-elf he doesn't know his mother and despises his neglecting father, for my bard/rogue he is too busy being a general pain in people's collective ass to bother about his parents, for my CoC characters they are all fine and dandy with a loving relationship, for my paladin it was a normal until the parents got lynched and for my current barbarian it was full of the father teaching his kid to fight until the kid fought back and then they kept fighting because they both got anger management issues.
>>
File: 1424852962686.gif (1006 KB, 260x187) Image search: [Google]
1424852962686.gif
1006 KB, 260x187
>>46538464
What.
>>
>>46533492
Non-existent. If i make anything other than a friendless total orphan my DM will aim below the belt.
>>
>>46538591
Got rused into an incest situation by the DM basically. Made one of the antagonists we confronted, and my character ended up in a relationship with, secretly his mom without either realizing. She only started to become suspicious after their second kid, but didn't reveal her realization.
>>
>>46538811
I bet the kids are inbred as fuck. Your DM sounds like a dick with a mom fetish.
>>
They haven't talked in years. My character grew up with a pretty high quality of life, in a very nice city, and good familial relationship.
But her and her twin bro (the only boy and favored child) got the stupid idea in their heads to become adventurers with their best friend. Teenage dumbassery ensues, twin bro dies and she gets knocked up by best friend.

>well fuck

They return home and dad pretty much tells her she can go to hell. So she leaves town with bf and they go raise their chillens in a shitty little village, and she now travels with the party so her family will one day have enough money to actually live somewhere nice.
She would only ever come home if he died and left her something. Or apologized for throwing her out barefoot and pregnant.
>>
>>46538860
>a dick with a mom fetish
that is how incest happens, yes
>>
>>46533492
Bran's parents died of old age long ago, he loved them and respected his father.

Vorkis' parents are noble drows of the underdark. He sends them a letter from time to time. They never answer.
>>
File: 1457136930079.jpg (1 MB, 950x1401) Image search: [Google]
1457136930079.jpg
1 MB, 950x1401
>>
>>46538860
I don't know if he has a mom fetish but he is a dick. I should have been smart enough to go out of the way to make sure my guys parents were confirmed dead
>>
File: armoured hutt.jpg (28 KB, 500x373) Image search: [Google]
armoured hutt.jpg
28 KB, 500x373
He's been temporarily disowned for not really wanting to go into crime like the rest of the family, instead he won't shut the fuck up about his warrior heritage and how others should embrace it.

One of his major problems is trying to prove to them that he's correct, although given all he's accomplished so far it should be blatantly obvious he is.
>>
>>46533492
My character brought too much shame to famiry and is on a kind of an exile in a foreign land, living near his uncle.
>>
>>46533492

Pretty awesome!
He loves them both so much, and they do the same back!
...the only issue is that they are both dead, and my character is too dumb and optimist to understand that they didnt went on a "vacation" like he was told.
He plans to go find them, searching every possible place.
He aint giving up.
>>
>>46533492
They kicked her out for being a shit Ninja. She doesn't blame them.
>>
>>46538464
Thanks, Oedipus!
>>
>>46533492
last character I made was for a one-piece game, had a wonderful relationship with his parents, who were at the start of game supposed to be 100% alive, 100% ordinary(and beyond the reach of most DM fiat), still married, and still fishermen.

in One Piece that alone makes you some kind of freakish abomination though. sadly I never got to actually play that game...
>>
Never comes up, not sure why it would really.
>>
File: KnightAries.jpg (90 KB, 1024x667) Image search: [Google]
KnightAries.jpg
90 KB, 1024x667
>>46533492
>Med-fan
His dad was a war heroe whose styory is now legendary amongst the lands, rumor says that he was immortal and fought alongside the god of war himself.
Her mother was a manipulative witch, but her agenda was mostly about outsmarting neibhors landowners
Her little sister is a paladin of a god named Justice and outclass him in every way possible. (And she's a bitch about it)
His cadet brother inherited the family domain by default, he is now trying to create a form a democracy.
He ran away from it's duties and went off on adventuring, willing to step out of his father's shadow. Still, sometimes he uses the old helm of it's father to impersonate him and boost the moral of the average conscript.
>>
>>46533492
They're estranged after the whole "was locked up in a church because people thought he was possessed" thing.

Nice enough people most of the time, though.
>>
>>46534287
Lurk more.
>>
In HarnMaster determining this is actually part of standard character creation. My character has a pretty good relationship with his parents, although he has been out of touch since he's lived his teens in the mage chantry which is quite a travel away from the castle and town his parents clan is from. He's not the favored child and is perceived as a bit of a weirdo but he is still very much liked by both his parents and siblings.
>>
>>46533492
Dad died a couple years before the campaign of illness, and mom's trying to keep the rest of the family afloat while working several jobs that don't pay nearly enough. One of my character's motivations is to get his family set up in a cushy and above all stable lifestyle, and for now is sending as much money as he can spare back home as often as possible.
>>
>>46533492
Why is Bigby so perfect?
>>
>>46533492
Never met biological parents, but he got along splendidly with his temple masters before leaving the place.

Now that I think about it, I doubt he'll ever meet them again during the campaign.
>>
>>46533492
They shipped her off to a convent out of fear when she started manifesting very minor magical talents. The ship she was on was raided by pirates and she spent the next ten years as a slave aboard the Bladed Maiden. Now she's a warlock. She doesn't remember what kingdom her family lives in.
>>
File: Bigby's Family.jpg (218 KB, 477x750) Image search: [Google]
Bigby's Family.jpg
218 KB, 477x750
>>46541562
He's a man who loves his family.
>>
>>46542680
Why did he fuck Snow again? She never stops being a turbobitch
>>
>>46543163
Bigby likes them feisty.
>>
>>46533492
Actually, the two characters of mine from different campaigns are father and son.
Their relationship was essentially pic related, except without the domestic abuse, and it was the son who ran away like a shit instead.
>>
>>46543163
All female dogs are bitches.
>>
>>46533536
>All from the same mother

Why assume this? He could have a harem.
>>
Dad was whacked by a mob boss.

He's actually very close to his mom, but doesn't like to talk about it in public because he puts on the mask of being a tough delinquent.
>>
>>46538296
That's how the elves will beat us, we'll turn ourselves into them accidentally
>>
>>46533492
Just notch a better than mine.
>>
His mom is most likely long dead, being a human and all.
His Elven dad, however, was taken by his Greatx16 Grandma, who is a goddamned Ancient Red Wyrm. She's planning on using the blood and souls of her offspring from gen 1 to gen 18(my character) in her ritual to become a Dracolich.
However, being a discerning, uptight, and finicky bitch, she has the offspring galavant around adventuring for years, to infuse the souls with flavor. She then steals them away to her hoard, and locks them in magical stasis until the time of the ritual is at hand.
My character is currently seeking a way to either have her killed, kill her himself, or, if it comes down to it, steal lichdom from her, and if that takes partnering up with two Lawful Plebian Dwarves and a whiny True Boring narc of a Wood Elf to accomplish this, then so be it.
>>
My character comes from a large and happy family, and since the campaign takes place in the human kingdom and they're back in the elf lands, hopefully they will stay safe.

Our bard's player wrote up a detailed backstory, and since his family lived on the border of the two nations on the brink of war, of course his father got killed off. Wouldn't put it past the DM to do the same to me, although he did say my previous (deceased) character's grandparents who lived close to the elf lands survived, somehow.
>>
Fantasy AGE
>Pirates attacked my village when I was young and I ran away
>Dont know if they are still alive

5e
>sole survivor of my tribe
>>
>>46544103
Brutal
>>
>>46533492
Incestual. Motherxson. Play it as squick as possible
>>
>>46537921
Hard
He was a werewolf so they had like 8 kids
>>
>>46533492
Jesus did he fuck ALL of those little kids?
>>
>>46533492
It's WoD, so poor overall.

>Dad
Dad's inured in the culture he was raised in - blue-collar, low-income, barely finished high school, and intensely alcoholic. Mean drunk, too. First person who ever gave my character a black eye and a distrust of authority. Does take pride in his work, and we rarely went hungry, though.

>Mom
She's kind and loving, but her relationship with Dad is poisonous. My character tried to protect her from Dad when he drank, especially when he was younger. But she's given in to battered person and stockholm syndrome - she's too afraid to stand up to him when angry, but still loves him in a twisted way. My character has a better relationship with her, but realizes that he can't save her from herself at this point.
>>
File: Bigby.png (315 KB, 500x619) Image search: [Google]
Bigby.png
315 KB, 500x619
>>46545144
>He never innocently cuddled with his big beefy dad in bed
What a pleb.
>>
File: 1324036272691.jpg (69 KB, 563x587) Image search: [Google]
1324036272691.jpg
69 KB, 563x587
Fucked mom and made her into his main concubine.

She used to be a queen.

That was a weird game.
>>
Father is disappointed that his son was too physically weak to become a viking.

Haven't spoken in a long time, so he doesn't know my character became a warlock.

Rolled stats can be fun.
>>
>>46545720
A lot of mom/son-cest around here.
>>
>>46546797
Mom is best girl, why not go for her? No point letting best girl go to waste.
>>
>>46546797
I like it.
>>
>>46533492
>PTU
Character has a good relationship with his parents, whom he looks up to and has gone to for advice throughout the campaign. The more problematic relationship is with his brothers, as he has typical middle child issues.

>nWoD
Awful. Character pulled away from parents at a young age and the gulf only widened once he went full supernatural. Badly estranged.

>Marvel
Everything was great right up until he found out that they used black magic to create him as a weapon for Dormammu, at which point he went nuclear and accidentally incinerated the neighborhood.
>>
>>46546797
To be fair, for my character at least, with the family being travelers and all his mother was his standard for beauty. Which is why he finds his gender-bent self so attractive, it's basically her but without the whole "stealing your dad's waifu" deal, which is great since he finds waifu stealing to be a huge dick move.
>>
File: Babby Bane.jpg (71 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Babby Bane.jpg
71 KB, 300x300
Your parents didn't abandon you when you were a babby, right /tg/?
>>
>>46547042
Oh, my.
>>
Dad died of illness. Mom couldn't deal so she drove her and my character into a river in her Ford Pontiac. They both died but my character came back as a Sin Eater.

So, I don't think their relationship is too peachy.
>>
>>46533609

Well phrased.
>>
>>46533492
Well in one game, they're both long dead, having ceded their ancestral lands to him as oldest. Which is god. Because he got kicked out of his job teaching defense against the dark arts because some idiot let a freshman get his hands on a grimoire and he ended up nuking a class with black tentacles.

Kid belonged to the Deans family, he got rushed out, they told everyone he died, and my character became scape goat.

They took his lands and now he travels around with a bunch of kids who think they're hot shit. He's actually the youngest because they're all elves and shit.
>>
>>46533536
>implying
>>
My PC outlived their mom but dad is a void yai. Edgy AF I guess. But her and dad have a currently friendly relationship and it's cute and awkward.
>>
>>46533492
I don't know, one third of my characters just came out of clone tubes.

Funny thing is, I only wrote the backstory of one of them, and the rest have been played with different DMs.

So yeah, tubes.
>>
>>46533492
Pretty dodgy. Father was a sorcerer, mother was a warrior, not too fond of their daughter being a thief.
>>
>>46555293
Please share, Anon.
>>
File: Mother w. Child.jpg (182 KB, 822x1000) Image search: [Google]
Mother w. Child.jpg
182 KB, 822x1000
Late night bump
>>
File: C8yuoLD.jpg (512 KB, 1024x1613) Image search: [Google]
C8yuoLD.jpg
512 KB, 1024x1613
>>46537648
yes but does your character use their memory as a source of strength
>>
>>46533492
He loves his parents and they are proud of him.
>>
>>46539843
He is a war hutt? Bitchin.
>>
>>46559355
I want to give Batman a hug.
>>
Doesn't matter the GM killed them.
>>
File: Batman Grin.jpg (129 KB, 825x522) Image search: [Google]
Batman Grin.jpg
129 KB, 825x522
>>46562865
He needs it.
>>46563881
The orphan cliche has been done so many times already. Why did he kill them?
>>
>>46561956
It's actually a really good character build in FFG Star Wars. Combining any meaty, brawny species with the Heavy specialisation tends to result in them being able to carry a truly obscene amount of equipment and giving them the ability to use heavy repeaters like rifles and heavy industrial tools as melee weapons. Early on he used a vibro-chainsaw for close combat.
>>
You know in most settings I've played with elves they've almost always been fluffed as having a low birthrate. Now most people fluff this as elves being long lived so they don't settle down as quickly, but here is my theory.
Elves know the truth. The truth that in any rpg being a parent is the most hazardous occupation you can possibly have. Just think about it. If you have a kid who is destined to be an adventurer chances are you are gonna die to give them a good back story. The smart parents are the ones who realize this and leave the child to an orphanage or on the street. But I think elves are aware that when you have a kid, your days are numbered.
>>
>>46564923
One is born! Two must die!
>>
>>46555923
There isn't that much to share, honestly. The first one was also my edgiest and suest, was supposed to be a savior of the world because clone of the BBEG enhanced with genes from powerful beings conditioned to be good. The clone went wrong in every way, turned out lawful evil, genetically unstable, and with more drawbacks than bonuses, without any single superpowers or whatnot (this is the one I wrote, basically an edgy black knigga that was hammy as fuck, yet loved by the other players).

The second one with another completely unrelated narrator in an anime themed thing, he said "I don't know how you're going to do this but you were vat grown to become a secret agent" And I did something that was as stealthy as snake, but mostly based around wrasling enemies into submission rather than shooting. This guy kept looping into fights when both sides would fumble over and over until the enemy passed out from exhaustion because I had higher sta. IHNFI how this happened so often, we changed dice like 7 times.

Next completely unrelated DM "You appear from inside a broken crystal tube, completely naked and devoid of any memory. You feel as if you have been just born and now I want you to describe your character as the reflection you can see in a large chunk in the ground." I was the "perfected" clone of a mad sciencist. My intelligence was just above average and I had no saying on any of this again.

Next, player from my first table: "You're basically a new model of engineered zombie, you don't feel the need to eat humans and you retain your mind, but still your fluids are contagious and your vocal chords are thorn, so good luck gaining the trust of the survivor party"
So I decided to leave useful notes. Which they didn't trust.
I was considered a miniboss and hunted down for 4 sessions straight despite the stupid waste of resources because mankind yeah.

And so forth with like 4 other guys I think.
>>
>>46566234
Thanks for sharing.
>>
>>46533492
Navigator:
They produced him at some point, left him on Terra, then fucked back off to their respective ships.

aka non-existent
>>
>>46533553
it's not cucking if it's one guy many women.
>>
>>46567997
;_;
>>
>>46568250
What? Of course it is.
>>
>>46533492
Pretty great. They disapprove of her going out so much to fight dangerous evil monsters, but realise she'd be doing the same thing with or without them, and so have resigned themselves to being supportive.

The dad, an ex-con, has been doing his best to teach her how to fight. While the mom, a nurse, taught her first-aid.

They're a little worried about the boy she's hanging out with, though. Even she agrees he's probably bad news.
>>
>>46568922
how can a woman be cucked?
>>
>>46569448
Same way men?
>>
>>46569614
but a woman isn't losing the chance to have offspring with her mate herself if he sleeps with another woman. a man does.
>>
>>46569780
Still violating the bonds of marriage, trust, and relationship.
And a man doesn't either, he just has to wait nine months.
>>
>>46570117
>And a man doesn't either,
>he just has to wait nine months.
>>
>>46533492
Lives on the other side of the galaxy from them and only calls every other month or so.
>>
>>46572021
It's always good to talk.
>>
>>46533536
That's how it works if there's more than one mother.
>>
My character just killed her Father after he was kidnapped by Pentex and turned into a giant cybernetic war machine.

She killed him with her bare claws while her guardians held him in place.

She has multiple personality disorder now from it.
>>
File: 1458514747032.png (15 KB, 306x208) Image search: [Google]
1458514747032.png
15 KB, 306x208
>>46533492
My last character was an Echo in the Thunderscape setting. So family life was terrible. Not because my family was shit, but because the setting itself was very grim and Echos were often mistaken for the Big Evil of the setting, and almost rightly so.
>>
From a noble family. Fucked up his family's reputation after accidentally (wasn't exactly good with a sword back then) killing someone in a duel that wasn't intended to be to the death. Ran away after that, and now anonymously sends his parents some of the money he makes from adventuring to absolve his conscience.
>>
>>46571885
Are you saying that as long as they use contraceptives, your wife can shop around for all the BBC she wants and it isn't cucking?
>>
>>46573367
At least he's trying to make it up for them.
>>
>>46533536
It does, actually. That combination of hair colors is possible in kids from the same parents.

For example, father has brunette and redhead genes, while mother has blonde and redhead genes. If the kid gets the brunette gene, it'll be brunette. If it gets two blonde sets or one blonde and one redhead, then it'll be blonde. And if it only gets redhead genes, it'll be redheaded.
>>
My characters mother is an active character in the campaign, she is one of the most renowned musicians in the world as well as a necromancer, his father was a shambling since before he was born.

my character was raised more as a pet to be trained rather than a real child, his relationship with his mother leans on resent, but he doesn't hate her, his relationship with his father is actually a lot more positive.
>>
>>46575251
shambling corpse*
>>
>>46575251
A light grim story
>>
Dad died in a tragic cartwheeling accident, mom is in charge if the abbey so she's fine.
>>
>>46543163
Wolves and dogs imprent so it was more like his brain liked her more than his personality did. Also he got her pregnant while they were both under effects of magic i believe. They didn't really fuck consciously.
>>
>>46578644
>Hpyno sex
Hawt
>>
>>46533492
Of my past 3 characters:
One has a comedically dark back story that involves his father, who was the ringleader of a circus, being murdered by the man who then proceeded to adopt him all in the name of publicity so that he would be chosen as the new ringleader. The subject of his mother has never come up.
One was assembled in a factory, and has a stated age of around 3 weeks.
The other is basically Shrek, if he was much angrier and married to Adam Sandler. His parents never came up, but him and Adam have 3 adoptive daughters. Their relationships with each other are all terrible. I was the only person involved that wasn't plastered during that game.
>>
>>46581997
How...strange.
>>
>>46547042
What Marvel game are you playing?

On topic:
D&D 5e
Just rolled this up last night and he's based off Ash from Evil Dead, so I kind of need to see the next season of Ash vs Evil Dead to know for sure. With what I've got now: rocky. Ash was the only person to survive a camping trip in the woods and his sister was among the dead. So, his parents are supportive of him in public, but they resent the fact that he couldn't save his sister. Plus, he's a gadabout more interested in getting high and laid then planning for a future.

Pathfinder
Also not great with his parents. They where some of the few middle class in the city (from the Blood Islands, if that's what they were called, the one with the demon history, it's been months since we've played). So his parents had money and his uncle was a doctor, who his parents sent him to to also become a doctor. They also used to take him to the opera and he loved the story telling aspect and music. So, he started making up stories about the carvings all over the island to impress his friends. This got him interest in becoming a bard. He had just set off on his first adventure to base original material on when he got press ganged onto a pirate ship.
>>
Her parents lover her very much, but they plan more for her than she wants.
>>
>>46583510
Another player for the D&D5e game also rolled a character: a war priest who's the bastard daughter of a nobleman and his elf mistress. She doesn't have a good relationship with the father and became a war priest to try and impress them.

My character being who he is will probably try and fuck her. Daddy issues lead to kinkiness, he would say.
>>
>>46583577
How so?
>>
>>46533492
Last saw dad when he was swapped by rats trying to shut a blast door. Mum is still going, but has half lost her mind after having to flamethrower rats+dad. Not fun times.
>>
>>46533492
>D&D Game
Happily married and retired.
One's a privately employee Wizard, one's a Knight in Silver, so both are fairly well-off financially.
Actually, his family is so happy and successful that it embarrasses him a little bit (he's got a badass bounty hunter reputation to maintain) so he kinda avoids going home and getting speeches on how much they love and support his chosen profession as an adventurer.

>M&M Game
Both alive again, both retired.
Dad is basically Snake-Eyes from GI Joe with Storm Shadow's backstory, his mom is Scarlet. They retired after years of government service and are living on pensions and investments afterword.
He's a little testy sometimes with his dad since he didn't join AEGIS like he did and went private instead, but he carried on the family's tradition of ninja training so he's mostly okay as long as he doesn't become a horribly amoral assassin.
>>
File: 1456023732497.png (84 KB, 676x248) Image search: [Google]
1456023732497.png
84 KB, 676x248
My Half-Orc barb's Mother (Orc) and Father (Yooman) are both dead. Died fighting off the mother's two eldest brothers, who came looking for her after she ran off with a 'lesser'. While they were alive though they loved my character very much.

He has fond memories.
Thread replies: 154
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.