[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you ever play millennia-old-vampire characters? Why, think
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3
File: EN_Sorin_1_Gallery.jpg (549 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
EN_Sorin_1_Gallery.jpg
549 KB, 1200x675
Do you ever play millennia-old-vampire characters? Why, think long and hard about the answer, just why?
>>
>>46510558
Yes.

Because I'm a slimy pathetic human who yearns to magical realm as a millenia-old vampire. I literally only do it for fetish, and the same goes for anyone else, whatever they say. I like picture my pallid skin, fangs and red eyes. I like to pretend I can smell my own millenia-old vampire parts and sometimes touch them. I also like the illusion of power that comes from having absolute control over every aspect of my character who is nothing more than a vampiric pawn tailored for my amusement.

There is literally no justifiable narrative reason to play as a vampire when you are a human IRL. There is no wriggling out of this. Pretending to be a millenia-old vampire for deep-rooted psycho-sexual reasons is all there is. If you can stand up and admit this then you've gone a long way into self-realization and should be commended for your honesty, even though you're as pathetic as I am.

So I'm fine with playing a millenia-old vampire, and with others who want to fantasize about being vampires, because I'm aware of what I am and I'm not doing any harm to anyone else. Join me, my millenia-old vampire-playing brethren. Join me in self-honesty.
>>
>>46510558
>>46510631
There is a problem with being immortal though.

When you are that old, you perceive time differently. Just like to a child, an hour seems to last forever when you are waiting. And when you are older, a year can pass by and it feels like it was nothing. Time goes by quicker the longer you are alive, simply due to the fact that larger amounts of time represent less of a percentage of your life the longer you live.

So, eventually decades will pass you by and you won't give a shit. You'll start to lose interest in things and do less and less. Relationships will become meaningless and you'll stop caring about people and morality altogether.

It's a sad existence.

And ontop of all that, being immortal doesn't prevent dementia or Alzheimer's. The brain has its limits and you'll reach it before you are a hundred years old. And you want to live like that for a millennia? Your short term memory will become shit. And your long term memory will start to deteriorate. Not only is your life going to be shitty, but your mind will be shitty as well.
>>
>>46510558
I played a Golem who was over 3000 years old once
He was very friendly.
and big
7 and a half feet
I would have made him 8 but then he would have been a Large creature and fitting into armor would have been a pain in the ass
>>
>>46512402
I think vampires have a don't get sick thing. Time would still pass mad fast for therm though.
>>
>>46512402
I think you're right for the most part but the reason those brain diseases happen is due to the brain aging. If you're immortal and retain a youthful body forever then your biocomputer should be immune to physical wear and tear too.
>>
>>46512402
Vampires don't really get sick, so they wouldn't have a dementia problem. The rest of your post is valid, though. Reminds me of God Emperor of Dune where Leto was losing track of the passage of time and was completely unaware that a decade had passed until his adviser pointed it out to him.
>>
>>46510558
Nope, could not get in to that mindset, i get impatient waiting on an electric kettle to boil.
>>
>>46512492
>>46512598
I remember one of Sorin's UR stories mentioned he doesn't experience time anymore.
>>
>>46512492
Neither of those "illnesses" have to do with diseases. It has to do with the limits of the human brain. Once you store up too many experiences, the brain starts to overlap signals in the synapse. Resulting in distortion with memories.
>>
Can vampires get Alzheimer's?
Respond quickly!
>>
>>46512793
7:30.
>>
>>46510558
No. Because level adjustment. Vampires suck. Wizard levels are god.
>>
File: 1370823125062.jpg (572 KB, 2000x2375) Image search: [Google]
1370823125062.jpg
572 KB, 2000x2375
>>46510558
No, but I play vampire lolis.
>>
>>46510631
>the same goes for anyone else
no i did it in 3.5 because my DM let me do it without any level adjustment and the template abilities were fucking great.

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/vampire.htm
>>
>>46512793
Yes. Everything with a brain can.
>>
>>46512793
Yes. But at least they can't get Alzheimer's.
>>
>>46512857
She's not a loli, however revolting her underaged form is.
>>
File: jack.png (277 KB, 792x427) Image search: [Google]
jack.png
277 KB, 792x427
>>46510558
yeah, but I pretty much spend all my time sleeping or playing Bingo
>>
>>46510558
yeah because vampires are sexy
I'll admit that
>>
>>46513060
Yes she is. That is the vampire loli from monster girl quest, and there was a loli lamia, goblin and dragon as well. Pure lolis all of them.
>>
Who the hell wouldnt become an ageless vampire given the chance?
>>
>>46513827
Someone hung up on the whole 'drink blood to live' bit, but doesn't realize we live in the modern era and blood banks are everywhere and most certainly are a vampire pyramid scheme to get thousands of gallons of free food willingly from mortals.

Think about it - do hospitals REALLY need all the blood the average school or company blood drive pulls in? Absolutely not - they're getting a third of it tops while vampires get the rest. It's why I refuse to donate.
>>
>>46512726
That's fucking wrong, learn science and don't tell lies, jesus
>>
>>46513922
>DAMN VAMPURRS ALWAYS TRYNNA STEAL MUH BLOODS!
>>
>>46513773
>Pure
>Monster Girls
What
>>
>>46512726
>Once you store up too many experiences, the brain starts to overlap signals in the synapse. Resulting in distortion with memories.
please never try to explain the cause of any disease ever again
>>
>>46514581
Well, pure loli as in not not fake loli like shinobu.
>>
No, because it makes no sense that they would still be alive and not completely insane and out of touch with not only the world, but humanity at all. Nothing but an animal after that much time.

Plus I don't like playing stuff that powerful.
>>
>>46514739
>No, because it makes no sense that they would still be alive and not completely insane and out of touch with not only the world, but humanity at all. Nothing but an animal after that much time.
want to justify your shitpost as to why an undead should become an insane animal after all that time?

Keep in mind that you can't use things like disease to justify this.
>>
>>46514799
Just think about it as an extreme case of not giving a fuck. How many times can you kill a man before you go numb to it. How many times can you lose a lover before you go numb to it? Sure there will be periods of time where you accept that part of your life and are happy. But how many times does that happen before it also stops working? Desensitized to any form of satisfaction over millennia. The only thing left to you is the need to feed on blood or die. Nothing left but hunger. In the case of a vampire anyway. In the case of something like a lich then you have nothing. Once you finally lose the last thing you give a fuck about, the only thing left to do is lay there without the will to move until you become petrified like a tree.

Do that clear it up for you?
>>
>>46512402
Isn't the reason for time perception changing with older age atleast partly due to brain damage?
>>
>>46515010
That's why a lich devotes eternity to study and a vampire to personal power/wealth/etc.

They don't need to care about the petty lives of men when they rule kingdoms from the shadows or can blink the universe out of existence.
>>
>>46515010

Depends on the setting. If you retain your personality as a vamp, nothing is really saying you have to stop giving a fuck about anything.
>>
>>46512726
Why do you think a vampire's consciousness has anything to do with the cold lump of jelly between his or her ears when they're walking corpses mystically animated by stolen life energy?
>>
>>46515434
>>46515466

Yeah and eventually you would get bored of it. Maybe knowledge finally begets ultimate knowledge and you fuck off to a higher existence, or you don't and you learn everything you have the desire to learn until either you do learn it all or you give up. Ultimately you will have enough power to just get bored. And you'll try something new, and it will be the new cheap distraction from you existential boredom. Keeping your personality means that either you will grow and change as you would as a mortal only now you live forever and eventually get bored and stop giving a fuck. Or you stay locked in the person you are when you become a vampire and thats pretty fucked up as well, I would rather get bored to the point of petrification than live for millennia in arrested development.
>>
>>46515585
You could take over the world and kill yourself if that bores you.

But I think interaction would entertain you for a really long time. I mean, friendships can last a lifetime, and while 50 years might not be a long time for an immortal, there's nothing saying that you'll suddenly stop having fun with your friends.
>>
>>46515644
I generally agree that because new people would be being born all the time you would have an endless supply of new people to meet. But to maintain my argument, theres still the problem of seeing patterns repeating in people, seeing people as archetypes, getting bored with them and moving away from humanity.

Oh this one is the doting lover, this one is the rival this one is the life long confidant, whatever so on so forth.

Any time you bring immortality into the mix you hit the existential boredom wall, eventually you will be bored with it. Or trapped alive somewhere, but thats another problem entirely.
>>
>>46515726
We don't really know how things would work out though because there has been no immortals in our history. This is all just guessing, but it's very plausible if all memories are retained. However given that we can lose old memories even in our short lives, I can't imagine an immortal would remember everything and that certainly would help with existential boredom. Also, the brain of an immortal would constantly regenerate which ironically might mean that he would actually have eternal curiosity and desire to learn like a child.
>>
>>46515726
There's always new science and technology. That doesn't repeat. I imagine a vampire who's been around for millennia, watching how slowly humanity progressed for most of that time, would find the modern era very exciting. Possibly very frightening.
>>
>>46510558
I don't because methuselahs are crotchety old shut-ins. Hiding from the world, and manipulating others from afar, afraid to actually do anything themselves.

I already have a basement and the internet in real life.
>>
>>46510558
I never played a vampire who was that old, but I have played a vampire.

Vampire was a "monstrous" sort, Manbat style who had lived in a spooky castle on a spooky hill. He actually had a deal with the local priest who had slowly introduced the concept of blood rites to the people of the village- he got a chalice of blood a week, and in return he protected the village from all the other shit innawoods. The party lived in his castle and he'd spew esoteric knowledge sometimes when they ran into particularly eldritch shit, as life gets boring when you're in your 500th year of being a bachelor and he'd read everything in his massive nobleman's library.
>>
>>46510558
"Millennia old immortal" is just another moderately spread archetype in my superhero games.
>>
>>46510631
Noice pasta.
>>
>>46514697
>>46513773
So she is an archetype "vampire turned as a child" but before she got "I've spent centuries stuck like this" angst?
>>
>>46515321
No, ots because your brain just hets more information so it pays less attention.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.