[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
roleplaying a schizophrenic question
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 28218-1-1355348181.jpg (283 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
28218-1-1355348181.jpg
283 KB, 1280x800
i want to play a LG paladin who is honor bound to obey his code of ethics, as dictated to him by the CN deity living in his brain.

which alignment do i write on the character sheet?
>>
Deity has to be at least 1 step from paladin alignment.
>>
>>46509145
Don't. Just... Don't. Its insulting to schizophrenics, it wont come off like you are imagining.

I love pressing ones limits in roleplay, but I've seen this attempted and it will inevitable piss off the group.
>>
Ln as lawful neutral means acting to your code of ethics, but your actions are for your own (in this case your god)
>>
>>46509234
well the deity isn't necessarily HIS deity. he could worship pelor but believe he's getting orders from god in his brain, when it's actually a CN chaos deity.

>>46509289
you don't know my group
>>
Memorize this and you're golden

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOYrCHi7yjM
>>
Schizophrenia is not Multiple Personality Disorder.

It is characterized by auditory hallucinations, extreme paranoia, and difficulty distinguishing between fantasy and reality. By far the most common sign of schizophrenia is hallucinations, "hearing voices" and so on.

A schizophrenic LG paladin would be, literally, a murderhobo.
>>
>>46509474
What is that video? I like it for some reason
>>
>>46509145
>>46509352
> i want to play a LG paladin who is honor bound to obey his code of ethics, as dictated to him by the CN deity living in his brain.
>well the deity isn't necessarily HIS deity. he could worship pelor but believe he's getting orders from god in his brain, when it's actually a CN chaos deity.

Your character is LG at heart, so that goes on the character sheet.

If he gets orders that are counter to a Lawful Good alignment, he will be troubled by this. He might still follow these orders anyway, but not blindly or gladly. The Paladin's alignment will probably change towards CN if he keeps following Chaotic orders without argument.
>>
>>46509524
>It is characterized by auditory hallucinations, extreme paranoia, and difficulty distinguishing between fantasy and reality

seems to me like those symptoms could all be emulated by a CN deity taking up residence in your skull unbeknownst to you.

Like, imagine you take an oath to Pelor and then one day a voice in your head starts telling you "I am Pelor, do all these things," and because you're LG and an idiot you just goes with it without questioning if you're crazy.
>>
>>46509532
World famous "schizophrenic" truth-teller and genius Francis E Dec.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwCGi2F24io
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.