[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/srg/ - Shadowrun General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 84
File: 1458255219879.jpg (113 KB, 750x1000) Image search: [Google]
1458255219879.jpg
113 KB, 750x1000
Connecting to JackPoint VPN...
...Identity Spoofed
...Encryption Keys Generated
...Connected to Onion Routers
>>>Login: XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
>>>Enter Passcode: XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
...Biometric Scan Confirmed
Connected to < ERROR: NODE UNKNOWN >

>Pastebin:http://pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
>Chummer 5:https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
>Issue tracker:https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/issues/

Last Thread: >>46481531

Street Gang edition
>>
>>46505890
>Finger on the trigger while you hold it behind your head
That's just asking for an accidental discharge when he tries to ready it or someone spooks him.
>>
>>46506004
Remember, your smartgun system can't always save you from being stupid.

Although, with the right upgrades or settings, this could be a situation where it could save you.
>>
>>46506054
>your smartgun system can't always save you from being stupid

Isn't there an upgrade you can get in 5E called "advanced safety" or something like that which prevents your gun from firing at people with the right RFIDs to prevent you from accidentally popping your buddies
>>
>>46506004
I've been constantly triggered by shadowrun artwork and the lack of trigger discipline.
>have a gun with solid safety and smartgun safety redundancy
>lol I guess it's ok to ignore firearm safety rules
>have to use a vintage gun because reasons
>ND into your chummer during a stealth run
>get caught and get raped in asstech blood rituals
Thanks Obama.
>>
>>46506097
Like I said. Right upgrades or settings.
>>
>>46506097
>Combining a weapon personality with an advanced safety system and an electro-shock system so you can have a semi-aware gun that fucks with anybody who isn't you
I've always wanted to try this.
Seems like it would come in handy at some point.
>>
File: 1456376304792.jpg (163 KB, 979x576) Image search: [Google]
1456376304792.jpg
163 KB, 979x576
>>46506117
>>
>>46506277
Wait, but she's menacing him with the gun. Wouldn't you want to have your finger on the trigger in this instance? Since you might have to shoot him?
>>
>>46506004
What are you expecting from ganger, he barely know how to shoot.
>>
>>46506370
https://youtu.be/6bgGgp4mOU4?t=48s
>>
>>46506432
Is it wrong that for a moment I was expecting a faux dramatic reading of 'Somebody shot Ahmed?' Or Abdul, or whatever the name was.
>>
>>46506370
No, you should put your finger on trigger in half-second before shot, then immediately take it off.
>>
>>46506530
In that half-second the troll will have ripped your head off, chummer. Besides, accidentally shoot a troll? Anyone'll think he started it.
>>
>>46506509
I wish.

>>46506570
The troll's going to take that smg spray like a champ and rip your head off anyway.

No, if you're in that situation, you're hoping the sniper's finger is on their trigger because your showpiece isn't going to do anything.
>>
>>46506570
You know nothing about guns, omae, I am visiting range for more than 3 days already. You should never touch trigger because gun is always loaded, that's the wisdom of life.
>>
Two questions-
One: how cold/dead does someone have to be before you cannot recover him? Assume he gets his body to a hospital.

Two: How suspicious is it if a contact consistently sells you goods at 50% or lower than market price?

I am trying to determine exactly when I can bring back characters the players thought were dead, and whether they will take the bait and use faulty goods
>>
player in my group has retardedly high dodge and nerve strike on his phys adept.

what's the best way to kill him with a mundane character?
>>
File: 1440713748413.jpg (807 KB, 600x1000) Image search: [Google]
1440713748413.jpg
807 KB, 600x1000
Is there any way to only lightly invest in being a mage without it being useless? My group's starting a 3 player campaign soon so we're going to be splitting roles pretty heavily and no one wants to make a purely dedicated mage it seems. A player is looking at aspected magician, but it seems really limited, especially if the gm doesn't allow Sum to 10.
>>
>>46507488
1)Actually, if a body is cooled to about 70 degrees and given proper cpr via a machine, they could be reviveable for about a day with current tech. This includes heart stopping and supposed brain death. Most hospitals in the US haven't actually changed their protocols since the 1970s, so even if it's known, it's not practiced. Have fun, Chummer.

2) Extremely. It should be assumed that this is a temporary thing. It also should be assumed that players should check the merch before paying, which could be interesting if they don't or if they do.
>>
>>46507585
Not really
>>
>>46507488
One: miracles happen all the time, though the magic number that seems to be toted around is 5 minutes without oxygen before brain damage sets in, but that's without counting SR tech.

Two: Unless they can give a good reason for the discount or are extremely loyal, I'd be pretty suspicious.
>>
I've been tricked into playing a game of Homebrew Cyberpunk™
give me some inspiring stuff.
please
>>
>>46507585
Aspected Magician's actually okay as a summoner, but that's because summons are good and you don't lose out that much on being unable to use Alchemy.

As a spell caster, it's not that good. You have to pay for the few spells you have, can't scrounge for reagents, and while counterspelling's nice, you're unlikely to get much use out of Ritual Spellcasting for a while.

Aspected Magician with Enchanting is crap. There's only a handful of spells even worth looking at as Alchemical Preps (armor's not bad, for instance) and you don't get that much use out of the reagents you can scrounge.
>>
Me and my D&D group are gonna start a Shadowrun 5e campaign. We're all new, so I'm gonna run them through Food Fight to get a feel for it.

Any advice going in? I'm a little worried my players might get impatient if things grind down to a halt constantly.
>>
>>46507585

Just make a full mage, faggot. Mysad if you want to be more of a multirole.
>>
File: 1442234475450.jpg (4 MB, 6000x3376) Image search: [Google]
1442234475450.jpg
4 MB, 6000x3376
>>46506117
Just for you.
>>
Now that I think about it more, a really sneaking Aspected Mage (Enchanting) can be an awe inspiring asshole/instrument of terror.

If not a good combatant. Eight or so drain coming your way is going to put you in a bad place (especially if you rolled well enough that the drain's physical) but having a Force 8 fireball happen when somebody touches a very intricately graffitied bathroom door or credstick is the kind of thing that makes headlines.

AoE is there to minimize the effects of losing Potence.
>>
>>46507493
bump

>nerve strike OP
>how to defeat/work around it?
>>
>>46508413
1) 3DPD
2) Airshit
3) Impractical gear, such as poorly fitting gloves

Was that supposed to cheer me up? I'm even more triggered now.
>>
File: A Night's Work 3.gif (6 MB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
A Night's Work 3.gif
6 MB, 480x360
Enjoy A Night's Work, some classic Shadowrun marketing. Why does no one do this anymore? If anything, the market is more open to something really dumb and 'nerdy' like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GPGQoR6f6w
>>
>>46508543
Shotguns I guess. If he's dodging means he probably isn't built for soaking, so just gun him down.
>>
File: 1442377293248.jpg (103 KB, 502x616) Image search: [Google]
1442377293248.jpg
103 KB, 502x616
>>46508582
No, it was supposed to make me feel better by hurting you.
>>
>>46508608
he doesn't have much armor, he essentially just maxed out an adept's magic and made a pacifist.
>>
>>46507493
Suppressive fire.
AoE damage, but make sure he doesn't have spare movement to dive for cover.
Surprise attack, if he doesn't have combat/danger sense.
>>
>>46508543
Shotguns on wide choke, full auto bursts, suppressing fire, sneak attacks, explosions, gas attacks. There's also AOE and direct spells but you said mundane specifically.

Why do you want to kill him though? Are you the GM or another player?
>>
>>46508710
he literally has no guns, and i have an SVD, 2054 shotgun, and a guardian
>>
>>46508659
You're evil.
>>
File: 1445456388672.jpg (101 KB, 900x634) Image search: [Google]
1445456388672.jpg
101 KB, 900x634
>>46508975
And here I thought we were friends.
>>
>>46509034
That's not just bad TD, the whole piece is very poor. That stance is ridiculous, the faces look off and the anatomy isn't quite there.
>>
>>46509034
That pose is atrocious.
>>
>>46509197
>>46509269
But there is Mario.
>>
>>46509034
What did super Mario ever do to transBowser?
>>
>>46509322

Fucked him up in MarioKart 2075
>>
File: devNull.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
devNull.pdf
1 B, 486x500
First time runner here. Well...soon-to-be-first-time?

I've put together a decker based on some probably faulty assumptions, some reading and a lot of guesswork

So I come here in the hopes that someone will tell me precisely how and why I've fucked it up. Any volunteers?

Supplemental information: We theoretically have a mage who might own our primary means of transportation and an Adept whose player assures me he is both sneaky and killy but I have no idea how good he is at either. That is the current party as much as I understand it.
>>
>>46508543
Shock weave and shock frills, contact poisons, etc - options that punish for relying on touching a target.
>>
>>46509813
Oh, and background counts. Killing an animal or person, or raising emotions, is enough to reach bgc 1-3.
>>
>>46509714

First, sniper plus decker is a shit combo. Plus your agility is garbage.

Second, a Renraku Tsurugi is overkill for chargen

Third, your cyber-bioware selections are odd. Eyes are good but go ahead and get a smartlink if you buy eyes. Skilljack is an odd choice even if you are playing with German errata.

Reaction enhancers really aren't worth it on your build. Cut costs elsewhere and just get wired reflexes 1.
>>
>>46509714
...did you buy all the programs? just be aware you have a limit on how many, and you can swap em out.
>>
>>46509714
One of your biggest mistakes is that you're really pants at fighting, and you came sorta-close to being better. See if you can scrounge up enough to put a smartgun system in your gun and a smart link in your eyes.

Take the Cybertechnology and Biotechnology points and put them into Longarms. (One can be put in as a specialty.)

That of course depends on how you got your skills. The deck configuration's not great and while you could shore up the low firewall by slaving it to the commlink, that makes hiding your other stuff difficult.

Also, the commlink can't run those programs you have on it, so put those guys on the deck.
>>
>>46509322
One too many "So long gay Bowser jokes"
>>
>>46507585
Shaman/face because they both need charisma
>>
>>46509714
You're putting 1 point into a bunch of skills you are never going to need, and I doubt your character has a compelling reason to know.

Longarms is a poor choice for a character that has very little combat ability. I would strongly recommend Automatics instead.

A rating 3 deck is far more than you need at chargen, and is taking away money you desperately need elsewhere. A hermes chariot is nearly as good and is 80k cheaper.

Skilljacks are something I doubt you will ever be able to take advantage of. As a muggle you'll be pouring your money into augs and your deck, and your karma will be going to skills. Skilljacks require a huge buy-in before they pay off (you also need skillwires to use active skills).

You need to decide what you want your guy to do besides decking, and put some money and skill points towards that. Being just a decker is both boring and unhelpful.
>>
>>46506261
>After a careful search of Googs, I have learned there are actually a lot of companies working on smart guns. So that's cool.
>>
>>46510100

The major exception to skilljacks being garbage is if the GM uses lots of knowledge/language skills because it's sometimes useful to just slot a knowsoft or linguasoft and be able to blend into a new city.

Personally for a group of novice players I'd actually suggest that he Decker be a NPC that works remote so that the PCs can focus on on-site activities.
>>
>>46509714
1. You don't have a native language
2. You have lots of 1 Rating skills that you won't be using (like Leadership)
3. You need more rating with Longarms than that to be effective. Otherwise, go automatics and spray fuckers with ARES Alpha.
4. Get a higher rating Cybereyes so you can cram Smartlink and more Vision Enhancement in there
5. You need an initiative booster. You should take Wired Reflexes or seek the Jazz lifestyle
6. Rating 6 Medkit or bust. 3 is useful because its smaller though.
>>
>>46510250
With the wireless bonus, he's better at first aid than any of the medkits would be, which has its own kind of interesting usefulness.
>>
I think our decker might be gay for one of the members of our team, How do I bring this up before it becomes a problem?
OR should I just ignore it.
>>
>>46510458
Ignore it unless it starts being a problem.
>>
>>46510458
Ignore it. Especially if you're a drama whore in and out of character.
>>
>>46509938
Okay, drop the sniper in favor of...shotguns? I'm basing weapon choice basically off the idea that as a not-at-the-front not-having-to-sneak guy I should take advantage of that to pick up weapons others might not want due to being obvious as fuck.

>>46509965
I did. I'm aware I have limit on how many I can have uh...'installed' at once but frankly compared to the big ticket items they were both cheap and expanded my options so I figured 'why not'

>>46509977
Which Biotechnology points? I kinda left the deck's config on the default just because I could reassign them later quickly

>>46510100
I've picked up the skilljack purely because the game is set in Europe(starting on the Channel Islands specifically), and I'm lead to believe it will behoove me to be able to speak, at a minimum, English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Polish and Greek. This seemed expensive in skills so I planned to just let myself pick up linguasofts.

Overall what I'm hearing is trash Reaction Enhancers, scrounge up enough to get Wired Reactions, maybe get a not-quite-as-nice Cyberdeck to get the extra cash, and Smartlink/Smartgun. Also raise Agility, though I'm not sure what to lower to get the Karma for that.
>>
>>46510250
Native language is supposed to be French.
>>
>>46510530
There are these things called muscle toners. At the minimum you should get them at rating 1.
>>
File: CF2.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
CF2.pdf
1 B, 486x500
So, I'm in the same game as that Decker you guys are ripping apart. Same boat... so anyone want to take a look at my Phys Adept Inflitration/Street Sam?
>>
>>46510530
If I read the pdf properly, you have points in the skills Cybertechnology and Biotechnology. But seeing as you also have one in First Aid and Medicine, you probably got them through skill groups. So you could drop that group and put it in another skill group and see if you can spare two karma to have that one rating in First Aid. (Because you're going to be better than a medkit working on its own, as long as you can take the time.)
>>
>>46509714
Willpower at 6 is overkill, 5 is enough, and you have same amount of stun boxes.
Specializations for skills. Takes them.
You are spreading too much on random skills. Are you planning to travel on a ship constantly?
You don't need to spend points on your native language, leave it at 0.
Usefulness of Quick Healer depends entirely of how your DM handles damage.
Your cybereyes have nothing useful to be worth money your spend on them. Put goddamit smartlink in them at least, or just remove them, put smartlink directly into the eyes and put all other enhancement in glasses/contact lenses.
Also external smartgun in you rifle.
And you have nothing to protect yourself in case you wouldn't be able to take your illegal sniper rifle, but that depends on how pink is your game.
Your reactions enhancers do almost nothing useful, you'll get 2nd path in 66% cases even without them. You have fuckton of essence left, you can fit Wired Reflexes 2 if you have money. Or put some cheap damage protection like Bone Replacement.
Your skilljack is useless because you have no autosoft to use with it.
Your list of programs in deck makes me think you don't actually know what you gonna do, so you just buy everything.
About deck itself, this is just my personal opinion, but I prefer MicrotrĂłnica Azteca 300 from data trails, since I usually don't need all 4 attributes at the same time.
You cannot run cyberprograms on commlink.
Buy APDS instead of regular ammo, and 50 is enough even if you gonna long-burst everything. Also, couple spare clips.
You need license for your deck. Because you don't want to show your "legit cyberdeck license" from you legal SIN when you got inspected while on the run. Leave it at your home and pretend you totally didn't left your apartment in time when some terrorists break into corp facility on the other side of city.
Oh, and buy armor jacket instead of coat. You are fragile as fuck and that is totally not the case when you can go style over substance.
>>
>>46510672

Sammies without init boosters are dead sammies.

Bio-Adept (Adept with some bioware typically muscle toners and synaptic boosters) is typically the favored adept build.
>>
>>46510672
You need a smartlink to benefit from your smartgun systems. If you don't have an implanted smartlink, a laser sight is a decent alternative to a smartgun system.

As I'm pretty sure people here have told you before, you need an initiative booster. For adepts, this means improved reflexes. It's expensive, but worth it.

Taking multiple ranks of Attribute Boost is a waste. The first rank gives you 7 dice to troll for your agility bonus, and incurs 1 drain. Rank 3 gives you 9 dice to roll, and incurs 3 drain. That's an awful deal for half a power point.

You're taking encumbrance penalties for your riot shield because you only have 3 strength. It's not the end of the world, but finding 1 more strength would help you a lot if you ever plan on using the shield.
>>
>>46509938
EBR is basically assault rifle with bigger damage, he will be ok with it.
You don't need to go full lone-wolf shit to use it.
>>
>>46510672
I'd say drop Demolitions entirely and put the points as specialties in your sneaking skills and pistol skills, first off.

Drop the riot shield and the Silvergun. The first because you're gonna take penalties for it, the second because it's an F weapon that's crap against anyone wearing any armor.

Take the savings and get some fake licenses to cover your R rated stuff.

Light Body and Mystic Armor are definite Qi focus powers. Rearrange points to get some init boost like >>46510898 said.

It can be power points back with a Qi Focus or just rearranging it so that you can absorb the loss of essence and magic from 'ware.
>>
>>46510898
>>46510918
>>46510951

I dropped Raise Attribute to 1, removed Mystic Armor and Light Body, and dropped Traceless Walk so I could take Improved reflexes 3. Also, dropped the Sliver Gun and the Riot shield, and bought an Adept License, a Firearms License, a Conceal Carry Permit, and two firearms licenses (all fake). I'd like to keep demolitions, since that's a nice option to have when things go to crap, but if the points aren't useful, then what specialties should I pick up?
>>
>>46511296
Given the status it has as your heavy weapon, you could take Revolvers in Pistol, Direct in Leadership, and Urban in Sneaking. That would let you keep some demolitions while still getting a few good specialties.
>>
>>46509714
What others said, plus you NEED per 6. Sometimes there is bobody else to act as your eyes, and you'll end up walking into a mine. If nothing else, it can prevent you from being surprised, which can save your life.

Also consider skilling up in a melee weapon just in case you don't have access to a firearm.
>>
>>46511539
>you NEED per 6
Sound's like you have dickish GM.
12 dice on perception, including bonus from vision enhancement and spec, is pretty much enough for everyone.
>>
>>46510672
I was building a loli infiltrator earlier, and I was getting 15+ dice with sneaking.

Her rough overview is in the past thread if you want to take a look, I wasn't at least getting ripped apart in thr thread so I must have done something right.
>>
>>46511724
Depends on what you want to be able to see without specifically searching for it, while distracted / in unfavourable lighting / at a distance / other.

I like playing characters that will notice shit going down before it reaches them.
>>
Honestly most characters can probably go with the following:

Intuition 4
Perception 4
Specialization (Visual)
Contacts or Glasses with Visual Enhancement 1-2

The alternative is going without the visual specialization and just get earbuds with audio enhancement 2
>>
>>46511904
Sure, if you want to be dependent on technology.
>>
>>46512020

>implying that the rigger shouldn't be releasing a swarm of flying eyes at the beginning of most runs in order to detect just about any possible ambush.

Awesome for scouting because while their dog brains aren't stellar you can send 3-4 of them out and chances are they'll be able to scout out the majority of a floor way faster than the team can.
>>
>>46512020
I can spot you are gaydept even without assensing test, let alone technology.
>>
>>46512126
Sure, if you want to be dependant on your rigger. At least in my games, players will always spend time alone, and csn't be babysit by anyone. Also, the eyes can't into astral. And they could trigger things while the fly, and be visible to spiders.

Not saying that isn't a good tactic, but there are situations where that wouldn't work or be right tool for the job, and self-sufficience is always good.
>>
>>46512186
I'm all using tech to amplify your skills as long as you understand that they should be used as a boon, not a clutch. Being dependent is to be vulnerable.
>>
>>46512186

Honestly adepts don't even have an excuse not to take contacts and googles.

About the only one that gets fucked is the mage because some GMs rule that you can't see through glasses for targeting purposes. But the mage should be rolling in with spirits and watchers so they don't get ambushed.

>>46512239

Goggles and contacts are such a minimum investment there is no reason not to have them.
>>
>>46505890
>using a straight cyberpunk image as the OP
Jeez, why make it harder to find the thread? It's what the OP pic should be for.
>>
Howdy kids, Got a question again. Our mage is telling us we need enchanted weapons to kill spirits and guns can't be enchanted this true?
>>
>>46512584
Technically, no, but killing a Spirit with a gun is an absolute bitch. Materialisation Spirits get Hardened Armour versus non-magical shit equal to their Essense doubled, and their Essence almost always equals their Force. This means an F6 Spirit will ignore anything doing less than 12 damage, modified by AP. This means you get APDS and use Bullseye Burst, which is basically the best way of saying "Fuck Spirits" since FAB III was discovered.
>>
>>46512584
Like Hate Fish said on the first part.

One the second, you could enchant a gun, but it's not worth it. For less effort you could enchant a club and it'd probably have better accuracy and damage than the enchanted gun-used-as-a-club.
>>
>>46512584
>>46512584
When a Spirit is only on the astral plane you need something that can touch the astral, like a Weapon Focus, Magic, Killing Hands, etc. When a Spirit is Materialized on the physical place, they can be shot up like anyone else. However, they have Hardened Armor against Mundane weapons equal to to twice their Essence (their force) which is a fuck to deal with. Use ADPS to burn through the Hardened Armor.

Guns can be enchanted as Weapon Foci. HOWEVER, it doesn't apply to the bullets. The dice pool bonus only applies to beating the fucker with your rifle. Also it means you can beat the spirit to death with your rifle I suppose
>>
>>46512584
Is your mage also offering to sell you weapons? And enchant them for a 'reasonable' price?
>>
>>46512739
On the flip side, a spirit on the astral can do a good bit less to you than it could manifested.
>>
>>46512706
You could enchant a bayonet.
>>
>>46512584

High Force Spirits are pretty much full godmode enabled they basically can tank all but the heaviest weaponry.

Pretty much EX-EX and APDS is what you need or a MMG going full auto.

Generally spirits are why you try to keep the mage from getting geeked because dispelling or hitting the spirit with direct damage spells are a great way to kill off spirits.
>>
>>46512347
>ctr + f "srg"
>>
>>46512846

Also hot spirit on spirit action.
>>
>>46512886

It's too bad ally spirits are such a karma suck because it's kinda cool to have an ally always running overwatch for your party.

Especially because they can always manifest and then lay a beatdown on the opposition.
>>
Hey everyone, I'm back again for another possibly stupid question.

Which is better in the long run, bioware or cyberware? Or is it completely situational and they aren't comparable? Or is it something that is completely opinionated and only matters based on the character's opinion?
>>
>>46512667
>>46512706
>>46512739
>>46512760
>>46512846
Thanks guys for answering the question, And no he dones't have the karma yet to enchant anything. So I was wondering if there was a loop hole. I'll just turn my combat axe into a weapon foci.

>>46512728 and [you] you spammer
>>
>>46512957
That's a stupid question only because you don't have to choose one or the other (there are exactly two things in the game that privilege one over the other, and neither is so significant that you are locked into one or the other anyway).
>>
>>46512957

Personally I like a mix of both.

Outside of opposition razorboys which almost always have the following.

Muscle Augmentation 2 because you can be swole as fuck
Wired 1 + Reaction Enhancer 1 because gotta go fast and cheap
Cybereyes 1 + Cyberears 1
Hand Razors

5 Essence and relatively cheap, it's the standard syndicate upgrade package for higher status enforcers.

PCs typically focus more on muscle toner for the reduced essence (plus most aren't close combat goons) but cheap bioware like orthoskin is common on bodyguards that often have to sacrifice the protection of heavy armor for a suit.
>>
>>46512852
>implying a shit load of us aren't out and using mobile.
>>
>>46512584
>enchanted weapons
Um, what? I doubt Weapon Foci will do anything if wielder is not awakened.
>>
>>46513293

Honestly anyone that wants to melee with a spirit needs to be either a troll with a fuck huge weapon or an adept.

If you are in melee with a spirit you are probably dead already unless you are a cyberzombie.
>>
>>46513237
>not using browser on mobile Hint: browser can search text on page even if it's mobile browser
>not using built-in 4chan search
>unironically manually searching thread by pictures
>complaining about it
Just kill yourself, seriously.
>>
>>46513374
Depends on spirit. Those who have engulf and/or energy aura are absolutely badasses in close combat. Otherwise in might be not so bad.
>>
Does anyone have any stories to tell of high edge characters? Preferably pure mundane.
>>
>>46513490
Oh god engulf. Materialize a fire spirit behind a wall, distract the target, and give them a hug. It's some whiz shit chummer.
>>
>>46513407

Just let someone else make threads if you're really gonna have a shit fest because a single anon points out the lack of Shadowrun op pics. Seriously the excuses are getting annoying and both you guys are shit-posting,
>>
>>46512290
>Honestly adepts don't even have an excuse not to take contacts and googles.
Hawkeye + Tetrachromacy make a good argument for not taking tech / cyber / bio vision mods.
>>
File: 1442030329410.jpg (110 KB, 736x1011) Image search: [Google]
1442030329410.jpg
110 KB, 736x1011
>>46514031
Not that anon, but can we agree trying to find /srg/ by combing the catalog via picture, and not using the search feature, is the kind of thing only a massive faggot would do?
>>
File: 1456016978605.jpg (307 KB, 1250x1126) Image search: [Google]
1456016978605.jpg
307 KB, 1250x1126
>>46514107
Shhhh. No tears. Only dreams now.
>>
>>46514107

No, that's retarded. There's more than one way to do anything, and this ones actually designed in. What you're saying is the same corporate, religious, or bigoted bs that's usually the bad-guy in campaigns. Literally who cares how other people do shit.
>>
>>46513237
http://boards.4chan.org slash tg/#s=srg will take you to the catalog.
>>46514031
Well, what's the criteria for a Shadowrun OP pic?
>>
File: 1442028948481.jpg (41 KB, 387x750) Image search: [Google]
1442028948481.jpg
41 KB, 387x750
>>46514188
Thanks for proving you are 12 and still angry that Mom told you to stop shitposting and go to bed.

Two things to note:
1) The search feature is built into the website specifically so you can find the thread you're looking for.

2) The catalog displays the name right below to the pictures. If you have time to work out if it's an orc in cyberwear or just a dude, you have time to read the fucking title of the thread and know immediately if it's the right one.
>>
>>46514188
>corps
>bad guys
oh boy
>>
So questions, Do any of the books have a chart like the Cybernetics [Alpha, Beta, Delta] for Bioware or no?

I'm trying to cut down on the cost of essence for well a lot of the bioware.
>>
File: SALAMAND-R.jpg (165 KB, 900x1286) Image search: [Google]
SALAMAND-R.jpg
165 KB, 900x1286
>>46514427
Bioware comes in the same grades, with the same Essence reductions and cost increases. If you have a deep enough pocketbook, you can put a hell of a lot of bio and gene therapy into a person.
>>
what do chameleon suits look like?
>>
>>46514478
Really, Might I ask where that is said in the books? I've only found Cyberware coming in said grades or did I miss read it?
>>
>>46514509

On the same page I think. The exact same values affect bio as they do cyber
>>
>>46514243
>criteria for shadowrun OP pic
be shadowrun related, or close enough. to be thought of as related.

>look at pathfinder general's OP pics
>>
>>46514509
You really misread it, considering that the section header says Cyberware and Bioware Grades.
>>
So! How do I get myself a nice force 12 spirit who's happy to be of assistance?
>>
File: 1442279501234.jpg (124 KB, 484x600) Image search: [Google]
1442279501234.jpg
124 KB, 484x600
>>46514509
>>46514550 is right. 451 core book; the section is called 'Cyberware and Bioware Grades'.
>>
>>46514506
If it's any good, like whatever's behind it
>>
>>46514570
Be a Human, take Lucky, have a high enough priority to have Max Edge.

Then summon and be lucky. Then bind and be luckier.
>>
>>46514684

How long could I keep my pet spirit around when it's bound?
>>
>>46514571
>>46514568
>>46514550
So ya... thanks guys, I apparently read the title and then deleted it from my brain. Thanks.
>>
>>46514712
Until you die or use up all of the services you've got from successes on the summoning and binding rolls.

Considering that it's FORCE 12, that first one is more likely to happen than the second.
>>
>>46514757
My pet spirit wouldn't kill me, would it?
>>
>>46514643
what's it look like when turned off?
>>
>>46514801
Well, the drain could kill you. But it's more that once you get over force 4, it becomes an increasingly better plan of action to find and kill the mage that summoned the spirit than to actually try fighting that spirit.

The Spirit Whisperer quality would help a little (as you can summon it at force 11), but frankly it's all a matter of luck.
>>
>>46514801
It might go djinn on you if you make it sit around bored for ages. The higher force, the more likely it's to take offence. Keep in mind that spirit attributes are equivalent to their force for the most part, so a force 3 spirit is about as smart as the average human. It scales up from there.
>>
File: latest.jpg (136 KB, 757x854) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
136 KB, 757x854
>>46514839
You'd probably wear the straps below it though.
>>
>>46514261
>being this butt-blasted over differing opinions
>2016
ishygddt
>>
>>46514915
Oh hey that's actually neat. A force 12 air spirit would have a log of 12. How smart is a being with log 12?
>>
>>46514261
>kid
>neckbeard
Wow. This thread is a bunch of cool dudes and one cunt who apparently still does old school flaming.
>>
>>46514929
i honestly was hoping it'd look something like that in my mind.

I put attachable gear access on it as well, so the straps prolly are just pressed between layers of the suit.
>>
>>46514952
About as smart as a dragon.
>>
>>46514970
And that's pretty smart I take it?
>>
>>46514843
Well, what would you say is the practical range of spirit force?
>>
>>46514992
You don't fuck with a dragon.
As in, you are unable to fuck with a dragon. And if you are stupid enough to try anyways it will eat you. They are literally Xanthos
>>
File: XanatosGambitDiagram_7509.jpg (35 KB, 350x367) Image search: [Google]
XanatosGambitDiagram_7509.jpg
35 KB, 350x367
>>46515067
Sorry, Xanatos
>>
>>46508543
Grenades. The answer to idiots thinking they can ninja dodge everything is weapons that bypass that.
>>
>>46508543
Don't fight him.
Instead kill everything he loves.
If he's a murder hobo, I guess you can lure him into a building and then blow it up, that works too.
>>
>>46515040
I'd say there's two practical ranges. 2-3 and 4-7.

The first range is for semi-disposable, non-bound minions. They won't cause physical drain, are unlikely to incapicate you, and are good enough to be difficult to ignore while not being so good that the enemy's going to come after you just to get rid of the. (Although if you were already seen as really dangerous, this probably just shot you up the list.)

4-7 is where they get pretty scary and you need a license for it. These guys are best to bind because they tend to be strong.

7 requires a special mention because it's only in there if you have Spirit Whisperer and thus can summon it at 6 (and thus take stun if you have max magic) and bind at 7 (take phys, but as long as you're not super unlucky you'll survive).
>>
>>46515093
i was personally thinking those paint bombs filled with super adhesive, or shrapnel.

>>46515116
thought about that too.
>>
>>46515139
Thanks for the list, but now for the important question: can I make my spirits look like lolis?
>>
File: giphy.gif (478 KB, 500x278) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
478 KB, 500x278
>>46515139
>He's not even considering taking physical drain
>>
can wireless bonuses be taken if the device is plugged into a data port?
>>
>>46515192
You're just summoning it, you're not making the spirit
>>
if a gun and chameleon suit are plugged into a commlink that is plugged into a data port. is the wireless bonus still available?
>>
>>46515209
Wireless bonuses are for having the device be online in the matrix. You can use a data port for that, but the data port is just relaying the device into the matrix, and they will still show up.
>>
>>46515192
as per lore the summoner choses the appearance of the spirit.
Or more accurately. the spirit reads the mind of the summoner and appears like he expects them to.

You sick fuck.
>>
>>46515208
If you want to bind, it's best to avoid physical drain in the summoning phase, lest bad luck in the summoning make you roll for your life in the binding.

You could also wait a long time if you took too much physical in the summoning, but you might also not have the luxury of that much time.
>>
>>46515236
How do you expect to go anywhere like that?
>>
>>46515237
Damn, i was wanting to some how keep the bonus from stealth shit for when the run goes dark.

>>46515272
stealthfully without a decker noticing the commlink.
>>
>>46515268
You don't have to do the binding right away, or at all. Just before the next sunrise or sunset.
Attempting to Bind a force 12 spirit is not something you do in a hurry.
>>
>>46515236
The only question would be "Is their wireless on?"

Because if not then no. If so, then yes.
>>
>>46515285
sleaze dongles are in Data Trails, they let you run silent on your comlinks, which makes the deckers have to suspect that someone is running silent, and then beat your Sleaze + Logic with a matrix perception test.
>>
>>46515285
With the comlink pluged into the wall socket? I don't think wall sockets even exist anymore in Shadowrun.
>>
>>46515331
>>46515293
kinda weird how the matrix is able to make a suit less noticable while its standing still when wifi is on.

>>46515354
datajack in the skull.
>>
>>46515290
Thing is any physical damage won't heal until the spirit's gone.

>>46515331
Anything can run silent. It's just relatively easy to find unless you've got a high logic, some sleaze attribute, or both.

And if it's not a device you're going to be doing matrix actions with, there's no real penalty. Other than looking really suspicious if you're found or are being seen by somebody with a good overlay.
>>
>>46515364
The datajack in your skull does only one thing.
Interface your brain with anything you plug into it.
If you plug your comlink into that, that means your brain goes online, and not that your comlink goes online.
>>
>>46515236
If the comlink is still connected to the Matrix (through its own wireless or through that of the device it's plugged in) then yes.
>>
>>46515252
Perfect. My next character is taking form in my mind, and it's going to be glorious. Lolicon tradition... I can't wait to play.
>>
>>46515390
Two things. It also gives one noise reduction.
>>
>>46515383
So you try again until you get lucky on the summoning drain. Also there's drugs and other tricks to get more drain dice. Anything that boosts willpower for example.
>>
>>46515403
Find yourself a tradition with Task Spirits and Guardian Spirits for maximal neckbeard rage.
>>
>>46515406
That's true. Although in the one that started off this chain, I was talking more about practical summoning limits.

I mentioned not taking physical because Spirit Whisperer lets you summon a force 7 spirit as though it were force 6. So you don't have to wait as there's no real chance that a bad roll on the first drain roll will lead to a death that you could have avoided in the second.
>>
>>46515445
Edge helps if you want to summon MOAB spirits.
>>
>>46515425
There's nothing that prevents the default fire/earth/water/air spirits to look human. In fact one example for how a spirit of fire might appear is an archangel with a burning sword and halo of fire.
>>
>>46515425
Can't I just make up a tradition and coin it lolicon tradition?
>>
>>46515472
There's a reason why my glib first answer said that you wanted to be a human with Lucky and maxed out Edge.
>>
>>46515484
Yes you can.
If you GM doesn't beat you with belt buckle
>>
>>46515556
Don't worry, he loves little girls too.

It's so great playing with like-minded individuals, isn't it?
>>
>>46515484
>>46515556
>>46515571
or just reskin an existing one.
or even better, use the "devil worshiper" one and just say theyre demonic servants or something.
>>
File: Yan.jpg (299 KB, 500x773) Image search: [Google]
Yan.jpg
299 KB, 500x773
Posting OC because it's been on my desktop a while.
Oni mage.
>>
File: Ice-Cream.gif (1 MB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
Ice-Cream.gif
1 MB, 500x400
>>46515698
>>
>>46515718
nice gif
Are you going to make it longer and have the guy actually shoot?
>>
File: SlowRide-Nod.gif (1 MB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
SlowRide-Nod.gif
1 MB, 500x400
>>46515698

>>46515748
That was about as long as I wanted it to go, it's part of several involving two PCs that I want to eventually chain together into a music video.
>>
File: SlowRide-Draw.gif (1 MB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
SlowRide-Draw.gif
1 MB, 500x400
>>46515698
>>
File: CokuumCommercials.gif (76 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
CokuumCommercials.gif
76 KB, 500x400
>>46515698
Background for my current bit.
>>
File: DunkMoTron.jpg (35 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
DunkMoTron.jpg
35 KB, 500x500
Cute elf girls jumping up and down holding campaign signs.
>>
>>46515791
>That trigger discipline
>>
>>46516651
I don't see it.
>>
>>46516739
Exactly, she doesn't have any.
>>
File: Topkek.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Topkek.pdf
1 B, 486x500
I accidentally into a hilariously good build:
>>
>>46517271
Well, you're gonna hit your blade's accuracy pretty often.
>>
>>46517271
Seems decent enough, but where's your K-10 Chemical Gland on slow release?
>>
>>46517340
In the realm of fantasy, as all chemical glands for synthetic drugs.
>>
>>46517349
Goddamn it, I always forget that. Omegaware it and talk to your GM, maybe? I'm sure "always fucking furious and dies if ever has K-10 from anywhere else ever" is a decent downside for a chemical gland.
>>
>>46517358
K-10's overkill, to be honest.

Kami+Betameth provides:

+2BOD/2AGI/3STR/3REA/2INT/2WIL +2 Phys Limit, +2d6 ini, High Pain Tolerance 3.

For a total of:

8BOD/10AGI/9STR/9REA/7INT/5WIL, 16+3d6 ini, and 18 dice on defense, and 28 dice on full defense.

This is full on cheddar.
>>
>>46505890
I see that Alex Mercer got tired of slashing people to bits and is now using a shotgun instead
>>
>>46517335
I know, but I REFUSE to use a katana.
>>
>>46517381
Add a Titanium Bone Lacing/Bone Density to add a bit of soak and get more mileage out of your punches should you use them, and you're good to go.
>>
>>46517438
I guess you're gonna eventually get a smartlink, or go to a claymore. Right?
>>
>>46517460
Claymore w/ Personalized Grip is the shortterm postgen plan for this block of Monterey Jack. After that, Titanium Lacing/Orthoskin, and then this guy can be stopped by all of three things: chunky salsa grenades, time, and mages.
>>
>>46517381
You might want to go the extra cost of getting designer grades for both of your drugs. Even at (6 * base cost), they're both still relatively affordable (240 and 180 nuyen respectively), you'd ignore the consequences of speedballing and have a one chance in three of getting the duration of both drugs doubled whenever you take Kami while on Betameth. YEEEEHAAAW!
>>
>>46517553
Christ, that's hilariously good. Turns out, winners do in fact use drugs.
>>
>>46517438
You can just use the katana and call it a vibro sword or whatever, c'mon faggot this isn't hard.
>>
>>46517381
K-10 is NEVER overkill. Get MBW 3 and the Narco genemod, down some Accell, K-10 and that one that cancels Berserk, laugh maniacally as you sit around with 38+5d6 for initiative, being the fastest.
>>
>>46517912
>38+5d6 initiative
>average of 55.5 ini, potential to hit up to 68 ini.
This is when the GM gives up and sends an illusion mage after you.
>>
>>46517977
Just remember: Fast is love, fast is life.
>>
>>46517912
>3 drugs at once

Hmmm... Even if they're all three designer-grade, it becomes a risky proposal. Especially with the Blood of Kali involved.
>>
New GM here, read through some of the thread higher up and saw someone mention that adepts take drain? Could someone give me a page for that? I never saw it when I was looking through the book and thats something Id need to know.
>>
>>46518129
No..? MysAds have to deal with drain if they're casting spells, but standard adepts don't have to worry about that sort of thing.
>>46517912
>K-10 and that one that cancels Berserk
Wait, there are GMs that allow that?
>>
>>46518129
On the phone right now, so I cannot give you the exact page number. But core5, at the beginning of the Adepts section, just before the power descriptions.
>>
>>46518141
Activated powers like Attribute Boost do expose the Adept to drain once they wane off, mah trogga. Unusual but it happens.
>>
>>46518141
>Wait, there are GMs that allow that?
Probably not, but it's theoretically possible.
>>
>>46518157
Oh, those. I thought he meant drain from actually triggering a power, not from maintaining attribute/adrenaline boost. My bad
>>
File: problem_solver.gif (987 KB, 500x270) Image search: [Google]
problem_solver.gif
987 KB, 500x270
Hey, help me out.
How on earth do I actually USE heavy gear? you know, without ruining every run with too much heat.
>>
>>46518300
Option A: Ask your fixer for a run where you're expected to go in hot.

Option B: Keep the gear/yourself stashed somewhere out of sight until the dandelion eater runs out of suave prose and there's some heavy shifting to do to salvage the situation.
>>
>>46518300
You're a man in a van: you, the decker and the rigger drive up in a van and sit there doing your stuff whilst the infiltrator does his thing on the inside. If the infiltrator does his thing well, no need for you do be there. If everything goes to shit, you breaching charge the door and shoot anything that moves.
>>
File: itemcard.png (5 KB, 194x259) Image search: [Google]
itemcard.png
5 KB, 194x259
Hey /srg/, I really like the way Hayek does their tracking sheets and was thinking of making something similar for items in a card format, for tracking weapon stuff like attachments/smartlinks/ammo as well as the expected, like accuracy/damage/etc.

Wondering if that's worthwhile, or if you get to know your gear so well that tracking status/ammo/etc is a non issue? Maybe it'd just take up table/screen space. Let me know your thoughts?
>>
>>46518129
Page 308 if you need or want a page number.
>>
>>46518300
Some runs require heavy firepower.

If you're asked to take out a local crime syndicate by a Yakuza boss, you bring your fucking gyro mount HMG and blow them all away.

If you're the rigger, odds are your van (because let's face it, every real rigger has a van) is a fucking beast kitted out with goddamn artillery cannons and shit. Sure sucks to be the patrol cars chasing you.

If you're sneaking in somewhere you're not supposed to be, odds are that the assault cannon won't make you any more conspicuous than the 12 foot troll covered in chrome head-to-toe, so you might as well bring it for when shit inevitably goes south.

Look, we all get that you're generally not encouraged to start shooting, but we all recognize that you probably will end up in a gunfight at some point during your run. After all, if everything always went to plan, the game wouldn't be very much fun. And at that point the dude with 25 points of recoil compensation and a full auto weapon with a 200 round APDS drum magazine will be your best friend in the world.
>>
>that moment, when you realize, that your "i don't give a shit" Trollminator works for NYPD (we run in Manhattan) as a undercover cop.
>>
>>46510530
If you are going for reaction enhancers + skilljacks anyways, get Move by Wire II and buy a basic skillnetwork subscription.
2000 Nuyenshekels a month to be able to communicate basic needs in every fucking language that exists is a fucking bargain.
>>
>>46518646
Values tend to be standard across the board. I could tell you at any time how many bullets and grenades I have in my Ares Alpha, which after attachments and strength factored in, has 6 points rc, 11p damage, -2 ap, and 8 accuracy, to be bumped up to 9 after aiming.
>>
goddamnit shadowrun general.
I'm trying to watch the mirrorshades streams, but they are just... so bad at shadowrun.
Do they ever become competent? I'm watching at the yakuza breakdown exchange and may have run into my final straw.
>>
>>46518646
i like the ideas of the cards, but instead of doing 1 item per card, do 1 category. all of my offensive options (weapons, martial arts, ect) listed on the front of the card and all of my defensive options on the back.
very personalized and made for more of the new player.
>>
>>46518819
>Trollminator
good things you have all those lewd pictures of him with a centaur to blackmail him with, eh?
>>
>>46519155
Why not both? Cards for single weapons, and category breakdown cards. Could also do cards for weapon mods and which slots they take up, so you know what you can put on what and what those mods do. Hell, you could set up your weapons you use as small decks held in a card sleeve.
>>
>>46519172
Nah, I accidently told our fixer about it.
>>
>>46518716
>>46518444
>>46518300

The typical problem with going in heavy is that unless you are running full Mohawk going in heavy typically results in a couple of HTR squads showing up for your run.

Basically your day is fucked when that happens because you might be a 7 foot murderhobo troll but sheer firepower is going to fuck you over.

For my games HTR squads typically are a 10 man squad with 2 4-man fireteams in heavy armor with assault rifles with APDS + 2 designated marksmen with sniper rifles and APDS.

The response vehicle (Ares Mobmaster) will typically be driven by a Security Rigger who sets up a cordon and then follows the fireteams in a steel lynx with a MMG. In addition to this you will often have 1-2 Wasp gunships sent to the site.

The reality is that going heavy at a corporate site will almost always result in an overwhelming response and it's unlikely that your team has the firepower to trade punches with a HTR team.

If you have a rigger then sometimes it's nice to have a drone that you can use as a decoy so that you can escape because you made sure there was steam tunnels right?
>>
>>46519206
>hey guys we've got a rat.
welp, it was nice knowing the Trollminator.
i'll bet it'll be a ritual sorcery hitman that does him in.
>>
File: 12776596056694.jpg (33 KB, 363x600) Image search: [Google]
12776596056694.jpg
33 KB, 363x600
>>46519206
>accidentally
Yeah, sure.
>>
>>46519236
I feel like if you only had a super hot jammer, you'd never have to worry about HRT.
>>
so i'm comparing the movement rates of pixies vs falcons (from the falcon shapeshifter) and pixies are equal to or fast as a motherfucking falcon. this changes how i view pixie movement quite a bit.
>>
>>46519174
Yeah, I was thinking of doing tokens or additional cards you could slip behind the main one for stock, underbarrel, etc.
>>
Why is it you can Run For Your Life against thrown grenades and indirect AoE spells but not grenade launcher grenades? How does one properly defend against SA fragging?
>>
>>46517271
Your initiative is shite, how exactly is that good?
>>
>>46519625
16+3d6 ini on drugs, 18/28 on defense/full defense. I'd call that bretty good.
>>
>>46519318

Signal jammers are decent but keep in mind that at least some of the connections at a site are liable to be hardwired panic buttons so unless you can disable those the HTR is still going to come.
>>
>>46519252
Well he got beaten by 6 guards in AAA club and came out of jail next day. The fixer said, that after that this secret is like open-secret now. We all stopped for next session after 15 mins later. I bet once fixer leaves - i'm gonna get f'ed.
>>46519255
This fuck forced me to drink strong beer (my char haven't been drinking at all and i got 1 hit - no glitch on drunk test, so i played it out like i was drunk.
>>
>>46518141
Hes just an adept (gunslinger archetype specifically).

>>46518149
>>46518681
Thanks chummers, Ill take another look through.
>>
>>46518276
I kinda did. Though my player does have Attribute Boost so Ill have to take another look through that power specifically.
>>
>>46519236
I agree. You don't go in hot at Ares HQ. But you might as well bring some big guns with you in case you need to hit them hard and fast on the way out. Personally, I find that at the very lest, some explosives are mandatory when you really have to go right the fuck now.

And if you're hitting a target that Lone Star won't exactly prioritize, you might as well hit them hard and fast. It's not like law enforcement or corps are going to give much of a fuck about some dead gangers, ghouls or runners (or ghoul runners working for a gang, for that matter).

Going hot works under certain conditions. Not every run is going to be against the Big Ten in the middle of a corporate compound. Occasionally you're going to be in the barrens or something, and at that point there's only so much you can do with stealth or smooth talking.
>>
>>46519671
I'd prefer to be looking at 5d6 if yoy add in drugs.
>>
>>46519919
>if yoy add in drugs

Synaptic Boosters don't stack with any augmentation that increases reaction/ini. Neither do wires. Drugs count as augmentations as per missions rules (and houserules that I'm playing by).
>>
File: response.png (87 KB, 492x186) Image search: [Google]
response.png
87 KB, 492x186
>>46519236
That seems very overkill, and keep in mind the HTR has to actually GET there.
Specifically the part about sending fucking gunships, I wouldn't bring those out unless the party were doing full on terrorist tier shit.
But most runs probably will be in an A rated zone, so that's ~11 minutes response time on average, and keep in mind a combat round is only three seconds.
The team has 220 combat rounds to do what they gotta do before the HTR actually stops at the door, in that case, on average.
Sure there might be a chase involved, but if your runners know what they gotta do, smash and grab isn't impossible.
>>
>>46519958
Ah, that puts a damper on it.
Although, missions rules aren't exactly errata (but it's fine if you want to use them).
>>
>>46516753
Looks like it's outside the trigger guard.
She's not firing wildly through the window glass, I'd say that's pretty good TD for a runner.
>>
>>46520120
Stop looking at trids, chummer. A runner without trigger discipline, hell, a runner that doesn't know how and when to keep his dozen of guns out of sight won't last long. Gangbangers they aren't (anymore)!
>>
>>46519958

You're the first person who claims that drugs are augmentations. Cool.
>>
>>46520193
But her finger is out of the trigger guard, you can plainly see her nail from the angle of the .gif, if her finger was inside the trigger guard, we wouldn't be able to see it.
Also, she's chambering a round while in a car, so presumably they are going to
>Go to a place they are going to shoot
>Doing a drive by
>Something else that would require a chamber in the round of a gun
So having it in sight is perfectly fine since she's either going to be doing some even more illegal shit, or keeping out of sight as a whole.
>>
>>46520230
Well, missions FAQ calls them that but missions FAQ is far from errata.
It also makes it impossible to get +5d6 initiative unless you have max-ranked WR/Synaptic Booster/Improved Reflexes + Are a banshee/some other infected, which wasn't possible when the core book came out.
>>
>>46520314
Accell and MBW 3 works.
>>
>>46520314
>>46520433
Don't forget about spending edge.
>>
>>46520065
>>46520120
It's a rule I've played with for quite a while. I like it, chiefly from a balance and variety perspective.

Mundanes usually have 2 ways to get combat-capable: synaptics and wires (not going to talk about mbw since that hamstrings street sams hard with the essence cost). This rule does two things: brings power levels down to more manageable levels and adds in another viable archetype: the juicer.
>>
>>46520314
Some shapeshifters have 2d6 natively.
>>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kb1hOCX_UVo
Thread theme.
>>
File: Jumping.gif (2 MB, 427x240) Image search: [Google]
Jumping.gif
2 MB, 427x240
>>46520521
>We've got this sweet first-person action chase scene filmed, going from an everyday office to halfway around the city. What should the thumbnail be?

>I dunno. Tits?
>>
File: 12423651234.jpg (43 KB, 848x198) Image search: [Google]
12423651234.jpg
43 KB, 848x198
>>46520601
IT
JUST
WORKS
>>
>>46520521
Sorry, but that's gay as fuck.
>>
So I'm theorycrafting the maximum GOFAST character.
>Pixie for a base natural REA of 3/8
>Exceptional Attribute(REA) + Genetic Optimization(REA) + Metagenetic Improvement(REA)(via surge, dunno if pixies can SURGE) for a base of 4/11
>Do the same for INT, to have a base INT of 3/10
>REA at 11
>INT at 9
>MBW Rating 3 (+3 REA, +9+1d6 INIT)
>Make a custom drug with the base of Defender (+1 REA, +1 INT, +1 AGI, -1 STR, -1 WIL), Level 3 Shock&Awe (+3d6 init dice), Level 3 Gut Check (+3 INT, -1 REA, -1 STR), and level 1 Lightening (+1 REA, -1 LOG) for a final drug that does
> +1 AGI, +1 REA, +4 INT, +3D6 INIT, -2STR, -1 WIL

With all this shit together we have
>REA 11(15)
>INT 9 (13)
>INIT: 15(REA) + 13(INT) +9(MBW) + 1D6(MBW) + 3D6(Drug)
>INIT: 37+5D6
Anything I missed?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 84

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.