[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Stupid argument thread.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 18
File: 17375_razor_clams.jpg (70 KB, 640x426) Image search: [Google]
17375_razor_clams.jpg
70 KB, 640x426
So what is the stupidest thing that you or your players ever got into an argument about? I just had a surreal experience with my usual group

So I was running a generic game of D&D, when the party enters a tavern
>Player: So what kind of food do they serve here
>Me: Smoked boar, cheese, bread, cockles or razor clams.
>Other player: Dude, just say clams.
>Me: I'm sorry?
>Player: Just say clams, don't try to make up animals
>Me: I'm not!
>Player: You can't just add the word "razor" to an animals name and call it a fictional creature!
>Me: I didn't!
>Player: Yes you did! its lazy and unimmersive!
>Me: Razor clams are real dude, google it!
>Player: No!
>Me: Fine they're clams, whatever. Are you going to buy some?
>Player: No
He spent the rest of the session sulking.
>>
File: 1.png (733 KB, 1125x1600) Image search: [Google]
1.png
733 KB, 1125x1600
>Room is being filled with some invisible gas, we suspect it's flammable
>Player A (skill monkey rogue): I try to open the locked door with my lock pick
>Player B (backstabby rogue): I assist him, I also have my own lock picking kit in case that helps
>Player A: You can't do that! How the fuck can you assist someone else picking lock?
>Player B: I don't know, you can tell me which pick you want and I can pass it to you, so you can concentrate
>Player A: No that's bullshit
Queue huge argument

Later, much later
>Player A, now DM for a new campaign: you see a locked door
>Player C: I pick the lock
>Player D: I assist him
>DM A: Player C, roll at disadvantage because he's distracting you, because you can't fucking assist someone else picking a lock!
>>
>>46498303
>you can tell me which pick you want and I can pass it to you, so you can concentrate

That is actually pretty sound logic, I would totally allow that as a DM
>>
>>46498303
Yea this one I can understand. You can't help someone pick a lock.
>>
>>46498199
Look him straight in the eye and add that the tavern serves "smoked razor boar". After you tell him that razor boar is an actual animal, just like razor clams, then add razor in front of every food. If he objects, tell him the name of the tavern is, "The Razor Tavern".
>>
>>46498415
That's pretty edgy m8
>>
>>46498303
Makes sense.
>>
>>46498415
Built in Razor Village, near Razor Town, in the Razor Duchy, currently facing an infestation of razor gobelins who run around shaving people and cutting their magnificent beards.
>>
I've had many instances where I plan out my BBEG's plan ahead of time, including where he will be and when, and the players get mad when they follow the most obvious trail and he ambushes them.
I throw out plothooks and possible alternate solutions constantly, they just get legitimately angry at all of the "side quests" I'm "making up".
Usually devolves into an argument about how they couldn't have been there, or how stupid it is that the maguffin does some obviously telegraphed thing that they didnt bother to try and counter, and obviously I am abusing my GM powers or whatever
>>
>>46498482
In that case, there's only one thing to do :
>"Okay then, you wanna be GM? Go aheead."
>>
>>46498457
The king is called Ray. Ray Mach.

Ray Zor Mach III, the best a man can get.
>>
File: lock picking.jpg (82 KB, 452x372) Image search: [Google]
lock picking.jpg
82 KB, 452x372
>>46498402
>>46498440
Looks to me like you can indeed assist in lock picking in 5e. The PHB specifically quotes it as an example of assisting.

And yes on both occasions the person in my example trying to assist did have proficiency with lock picks.
>>
>>46498504
And he's also in a cold war with the dwarves to due to edgy bullshit.
>>
File: ohmy.jpg (734 KB, 2365x2365) Image search: [Google]
ohmy.jpg
734 KB, 2365x2365
>>46498504
There is only one way to defeat Ray, an ancient dwarven sword >>46498519
>>
>>46498457
Yes! Razor everything!

>>46498436
Like a razor, bro.
>>
>>46498303
Assisting doesn't have to be physical, he could be telling the person picking the lock about the quirks of that specific brand of lock.
>>
File: raccoons.jpg (29 KB, 610x203) Image search: [Google]
raccoons.jpg
29 KB, 610x203
>>46498504
we had a good laugh
>>
>>46498554
Why is that middle one's nose bent? Did a heavy toilet lid get slammed on it?
>>
>>46498199
Was he legit autist cause that sounds unbelievably autistic?
>>
>>46498530
Now I want to fight things with a cutlass. Looks fucking cool.
>>
>>46498199
>>Me: Razor clams are real dude, google it!
>>Player: No!

This is the point where they went full retard.
>>
I swear I am going to quit the hobby if I am in another argument about how many action in a round they can make.

I don't care if the best whatever in the world can do X so many times in 3 seconds, we are playing a game. I'm not even a rules sperg.

Trying argue that you can move, attack with two weapons and then ready half a dozen actions does not happen, especially in shadowrun when you do not have extra initiative passes.
>>
>>46498199
I had one game where the players triggered an arrow trap. Rather than just mentioning they triggered a trap, I instead tried to be subtle with the whole "You hear a crossbow wire fire, and feel the stab of a bolt into your back. Take XX damage."

Enter a 40 minute conversation where the players were trying to make will saves against a nonexistent invisible foe, claiming that successfully making the save gave them ability to see through any illusion (including invisibility) and would thus identify the attacker. After the first few minutes of this I just gave up, said "yeah, sure, the barbarian has convinced himself that he sees someone" and had him start hacking into a wall, but that just drug the entire game to a standstill as everyone argued the principles of illusions in D&D and immediately assumed that the barbarian was actually attacking a dodgy invisible opponent.

At that point I'd mostly just given up for the night. Things just went downhill from there.
>>
>>46498303
>Queue huge argument
"Cue" is the word you're looking for here. Yes, the two words are pronounced the same.
>>
File: laughing monkeys.jpg (47 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
laughing monkeys.jpg
47 KB, 460x276
>>46498694
>Enter a 40 minute conversation where the players were trying to make will saves against a nonexistent invisible foe, claiming that successfully making the save gave them ability to see through any illusion (including invisibility) and would thus identify the attacker. After the first few minutes of this I just gave up, said "yeah, sure, the barbarian has convinced himself that he sees someone" and had him start hacking into a wall, but that just drug the entire game to a standstill as everyone argued the principles of illusions in D&D and immediately assumed that the barbarian was actually attacking a dodgy invisible opponent.
Oh god what
They are extremely retarded but you're a bit to blame too, for not telling them straight when they started asking questions.
>>
>>46498714
At the very least the dm should have made sure they recorded their damage.
>>
>>46498762
Nevermind my shitpost. I thought he was talking about something we experienced before where players forgot extensive damage.
>>
>>46498714
>started asking questions
You are assuming quite a bit if you think they started asking questions.

Yes, you are right. I am partially to blame, both with poor descriptions (I should've indicated some kind of "trap" sounds rather than just a crossbow going off) and I probably could've diffused it better, although chalk that up to inexperience. But the players certainly never started asking questions about what happened.

Literally, the first thing the player did when taking damage was to roll a spot check to find a hidden attacker, then start insisting on rolling a will save to see through illusionary invisibility.
>>
>>46498810
Excellent point. Learning from your mistakes is important. So is tactile information, such as depressing a stone or brushing against a tripwire.
>>
I am a DM with literal autism.

PCs are in a world fueled by their subconcious. It's like a surrealistic painting (think Dali and such). They start off on a large glass plate held by a hand as big as a 200 year old tree.

"How big are the hands of a 200 year old tree?" she laughs. (She didn't listen.)

I continue narrating how the grass is blue, the sky is magenta and the clouds fly by at the speed of a birds flight.

Later on they arrive at a hall of mirrors. The walls, the ceiling and the floor are covered in mirrors and there is no end in sight of either side of the hall.

"If everything is covered, then where are the light sources?"

"You tell me..."

"You tell me! You're the DM!"

Later on he tries to think of something he has never seen before. Suddenly he is atop a great mountaintop with snow that's... green, warm and smells of... tigerlilies.

"How is this still snow?"

"It FEELS like snow!"

They see a giant, purple snake flying in the sky. When they ask to approach them it became a small snake. They still think that this applies to the 'real' world.

For some reason I couldn't get it into their thick skulls that they were in a world where logic doesn't apply. They used the benefits of it, but still were bumbling and directly asking questions with real world logic.

Now, who is really autistic, here?
>>
>>46498482
So, you are actually so masterful at planning ahead, that they think you are making stuff up as you go along...

That's like telling a very skilled player that he's cheating!
>>
>>46498888
uhh...
>>
>>46498888
Did they know the world was fueled by their subconscious, or just that the world had strange rules? Perhaps they just didn't know or didn't grasp the concept, or knowing the concept didn't seem to matter any. After all, it's not like THEY were affecting how the world changed, and so with no indication of consistency or how things worked, I'd suspect most people would just go along with whatever happened and shrug.

What were you expecting? "I pick up and eat the rock, dealing 15d6 points of diplomacy DC to the wealth level."
>>
>>46498965
He should let them have a glance at his notes. If they're going to be assholes and risk screwing the game up with bickering and people getting butthurt, it would be worth possibly spoiling the game to keep it going.
>>
>>46498578
Man, It is probably best not even to ask about weird furry shit from the 70's.
>>
>>46498980
They did know. It told them that at the moment they thought of an object, it appeared in their hands. They discovered this by themselves. One player theorized that it was based on their subconcious and he started thinking of his greatest desire (which I planned beforehand and he got that). They were playing and interacting with the world and STILL were asking questions.

They still expected that the mailman would give readable mail from the real world. She imagined a person she'd never seen before and thus she gets Tall Dark and Faceless and STILL thinks that that's who she was looking for. I told her multiple times that it was just an interpretation and she got confused when the real person was short, pale but had the same black hair...

I guess my group wants more low fantasy and logic. Time for a tax system.
>>
>>46499202
>They still expected that the mailman would give readable mail from the real world.
I can read just fine in my dreams, thanks.
>>
>>46498980
>I pick up and eat the rock, dealing 15d6 points of diplomacy DC to the wealth level.
MEANWHILE, THE TIME WIZARDS
>>
>>46498199
>Players enter new town
>Player who picked an Aarakocra starts to fly "over 400 ft. in the air"
>k.jpg
>Rest of the party is gathering information for current job, gathering info on region and POI, and looking for other odd jobs
>Player - "I start to shit while I'm high in the sky, trying to carpet bomb the roofs of the city."
>DM - "Dude, I mean...Fine you squeeze out a bit."
>Player - "I then go to the social services building and ask if they have a problem with birds shitting on their roofs and that I'll clean it up for a fee."
>DM - "There's no social services building."
>Player gets asspained about no existence of a social services building but is showed to a place that may be what he's looking for.
>Is told that he'll be paid a copper per roof, if that.
>Player - "That fucking stupid though, I'm offering to clean up their businesses and homes and I'm only being offered a single copper per roof? I shit all over this place I should ge-"
>DM - "No you didn't, at the most you shit on maybe two. That's it."
>Player - "No, I SAID that I shit all over the place."

This continued for at least another thirty minutes and in the end he didn't end up cleaning anything, left in a rage because he couldn't go from rags to riches cleaning his own shit, and was allowed to come back next session with another scat fetish character.
>>
>>46499304
and you didn't kick him out exactly why
>>
>>46499304
>I shit all over the place

Keep rolling those Con checks then, let's see how much pounds of shit your sphincter can hold! Let's see if you can increase your metabolism in one minute. Eating laxatives? Good luck with fatigue and drying out until you're a dead husk!
>>
>>46499304
You have a bad player. Get a new player.
>>
File: what.gif (1 MB, 223x129) Image search: [Google]
what.gif
1 MB, 223x129
>>46499304
>>
File: image.jpg (105 KB, 730x574) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
105 KB, 730x574
>>46499265
>>
>>46499304
How would one roll for forced shitting? In D&D for example.
>>
Thanks to another sperg player, my group has this kind of pointless argunebts almost every session.

Last time he argued about the utility of alchemist fire in a big scale battle where reinessance-era guns are used
>>
>>46498199
Some people are like that, particularly the sort of person that say, enjoys RPGs and say, competitive speech and debate. I swear to fucking God I got in more stupid arguments with (Not) Know it alls in Speech.

Like: "Girl Who is Familiar Enough With World Religions to know the basics of Buddhism and particularly the ideal, philosophical version, but not so well read to know that it's also practiced in lesser, folk versions of it tinged by superstition all over Asia. Like Chinese Buddhism, Japanese (Shinto tinged) Buddhism, etc."

Which was infuriating because most people who are ostensibly Buddhist operate at a lower level of understanding or enlightenment to use the terminology of the practice, and she didn't seem to realize that, while also firmly denying that Buddhists could believe in a Hell or anything. Maybe her parents were Buddhists and she refused to conflate irrationality or superstition with the family faith?

Maybe she was just an insufferable little know it all.
>>
File: 13964440470721.gif (580 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
13964440470721.gif
580 KB, 480x360
>>46499330
I wasn't the DM

>>46499351
Was hoping for some "fuck you" rolls to make the guy stop being a faget and play with the group but it never happened.

His next character was worse.
>elf chick who had a chastity belt that had no key
>had a magical spell was put onto her so that bodily waste would be teleported outside her body in a random 10x10 square for "comedy relief."
>First tavern we rolled into asks "are there any lonely looking women here?"
>Dm rolls for women and four dwarf women are sitting at a table
>Player - "Are they hot?"
>Dm rolls for beards, they all have one
>Player tried to make them shave theirs beards and have group lesbian sex
>Dwarves get pissed and attempt to forcibly remove the elf from their table
>Player - "I go to the darkest corner I can and shoot an arrow at one of the beards to shave it off with my bow."
>Everyone else - "Wut?"
>Fails roll to even almost miss them and shoots one in the throat and all the patrons are running around freaking out
>Over a two hour long tavern fight ensues with the party, this guy, and the town guards
>His character ends up dying, but not before the DM did a roll for waste removal as his character lost control of her bowels and it landed on his corpse

Guy did nothing but bitch and moan the entire time on how it was bullshit they knew it was him that shot the dwarf whenever we were in a dwarven city, where no one uses bows, and he just waltzed out of his corner after shooting someone with his longbow.
>>
>>46499477
Constitution, Dexterity for aim (failed dex = miss roof)
>>
>>46498199
Not a GM for this argument, but I was around to hear most of it before I just walked away from the session for a few minutes, to come back to them still arguing.
I jumped into a DnD expedition, it's where you jump into a group of new people to learn the game a long with them while Wizards gives you adventures that help you learn the game.

Setting: We're in a room that has small doorways with black, magical screens blocking our view and the screens are not allowing us to hear or smell anything beyond the screen. Walking into the screens deal 2D6 damage on a failed Con save,half with a successful save.
This is a prefab campaign, just as a reminder.
We get through and beat the shit. One player thought it was a stupid puzzle because he couldn't figure it out. He's the "smart" one of the group, as he puts it.
A week later, I come in to hear them arguing.

>Player: That puzzle last week was stupid.
>DM: Sorry, but I don't control what the puzzles do.
>Player: You should have given us a hint.
>DM: That's not how this works, it's just one of those puzzles you need to get through. That's how the puzzle is done.
>Player: Well, you should have made it easier.
I shit you not, this is what he said.
>Player: If I can't figure out that puzzle, then it's stupid.
>DM: Wow, thanks for putting down your party members. If you don't like how this campaign is turning out, you can always drop out.
>Player: Well, I guess they'll be without a healer then.

He leaves and I ask what the hell class was he. The DM didn't even know.
He was a dragonborn something that always used dragon breath, even if we were in close combat with someone. Never seen him use spells, never seen him use a class ability, always missed due to a low strength score or dex score. I'm pretty sure he was a druid, I think. We're still debating what he was over a year after the argument.
>>
>>46499531
If this is how elves behave then I can understand the hate.
>>
>>46499558
What was the puzzle? What was the correct way of completing it?
>>
>>46499531
Sounds like you're dealing with batshit (hehe) insane scat fetishist who also has thing for beardless dwarf lesbians there. Keep stories coming, they're tons of fun to read, but I can imagine it would be annoying as fuck to play with guy like that.
>>
>>46499558
Okay with that situation sure, you wouldn't know what he is.
But the DM should know this. The DM should have seen what class he was by looking at his char sheet.
>>
>>46498457
Totally barberous.
>>
>>46499608
/tg/ elf hate is a meme originating from a few things: dwarf fortress, which was a huge part of early /tg/; 2e elves, which are ludicrously overpowered; eldar (40k basically ran /tg/ in the early days); and elf fanboys portraying them as holier than thou (not on /tg/, at the gaming table).
>>
>>46499702
And Palading avoid that part, because it put them on the edge.
>>
>>46499720
I figured there was something I was missing. I could only think of Lord of the Rings and /tg/'s "humanity, fuck yeah" being most of it.
>>
>>46499768
Dawn of War made eldars so hilariously broken it wasn't even funny.
>>
>>46499720
To be honest elf-hate is old meme as hell. I encountered it first during 90s when I started this hobby. No idea where it actually comes, but I think it's mainly because elves tend to be hippies and/or think they're the master race.
>>
Elves are only good for bullying.
>>
>>46499806
Pls no bully
>>
File: 1378060356092.jpg (40 KB, 500x388) Image search: [Google]
1378060356092.jpg
40 KB, 500x388
>>46499616
That's all I have of that guy, he raged after his second character died.

But speaking of bats, his aarakocra was raised by bats and he was adamant on always saying he was going to sleep upside down in some tree. The DM had a sickness element into his game and if you slept with a bedroll, tent, full stomach, and/or blanket, etc. you had a significantly less chance of getting sick but this guy slept nude in a tree so he got sick alot with colds and fevers. He also always tried to get advantages on perception checks because of "muh echolocation" that his aarakocra magically was able to have simply because he was raised by bats. To which the paladin started to joke that he was raised by the Tarasque and should get legendary dice. Or how when he flew up, let's say 300 ft., that his arrow should be doing an extra 2d8 damage because of some stupid math that he did and that enemy arrows should do 2d8 less to him since they were shooting straight up. Or that him flying by someone to attack with his talons should make him immune to opportunity attacks because he's flying "really fast."

God we hated that guy.
>>
>>46499806
>>46499832
>>
>>46499832
>implying spanking an elf's pure white butt wouldn't turn your boner into diamonds
>>
Also, elves tend to be "Mary Sueistic" as fuck. Not really that often mechanically, but in lore I mean. There's usually some legends of ancient superelves that were so much better than anything else in the setting. They're also often immortal and if not then have longest lifespan anyway. Not to mention that they're all beautiful.
>>
>>46499787
Yes. Also 2e elves. Remember how the torment kickstarter had "author of the complete book of elves apologizes"? There's a reason.

>>46499768
LOTR caused 2e elves I suppose. Elf hate is actually older than HFY.
>>
>>46499787
Elf-hate originates from them tending to be badly written fan-wank.
>>
>>46499531
>His character ends up dying, but not before the DM did a roll for waste removal as his character lost control of her bowels and it landed on his corpse
Mein sides.
>>
>>46499869
Eragon was also recent at the time, and had some of the most obnoxiously Mary Sue elves ever.
>>
>>46499898
Isn't HFY extremely recent?
>>
>>46499995
I guess the name HFY is extremely recent, but as an attitude/philosophy it is much older. Probably about as old as elf hate if not older.
>>
>>46500079
I only learned of it when I saw it mentionned on /jp/, so it may be late compared to /tg/.
>>
>I'm an aasimar that carves things out of the bones of my enemies!
Um... okay.
>I want to make bone arrows out of this bandit I just killed!
That's going to take a while, and you'll get two.
>But I'm proficient in it! They'll be special arrows, right?
You can't dismember a body and dry its bones in the middle of a dungeon. And no, you can't craft +1 arrows at will at level 2.
>I'm leaving.
Good.
>>
>>46498199
Whether or not an atmosphere would be ignited by an electricity overload or a hand grenade. The planet we were on had a pot of oxygen on it and a grenade ignited the air but apparently a giant electricity bomb I jury - rigged wouldnt.

There were dozens of other solutions, such as the fact there was high oxygen would dampen many explosions and choke out the flame. But instead the GM used the following argument: "does electricity set fire, or does FIRE set fire?"

The face paling intensified.
>>
File: bucket-head.jpg (34 KB, 507x338) Image search: [Google]
bucket-head.jpg
34 KB, 507x338
>>46500450
>face pailing
>>
>>46498504
>their currency is called Gil, and they call their spare change gil-ette
>>
>>46498199
>Need to get more specifics on enemy command structure and enemy commander's basic info
>Trying to get information out of captured enemy obviously by roughing them up because a plate of milk and cookies isn't going to do anything
>DM: "Make a strength check"
>"Why?"
>DM: "To see if you will do fatal damage with this."
>"But I'm not trying to kill him I'm trying to get information out of him."
>DM: "Yeah but you are still doing damage so he has a chance to die."
>"By breaking a finger?"
>DM: "Yes."
>STR check was too high and the guy died, to which the cleric simply brought him back and I continued to try to get more information out of him
>DM: "If you guys keep doing this he's just going to go insane."
>"I've told him what I want to know and he, actually YOU, are being a faggot about the HP system and are simply making him die over and over again for broken appendages. Are we just never supposed to torture enemies to get information? Are we supposed to just say oh well and walk straight into enemy camp?"
>DM: "That's for you to find out."

Eventually the DM just quit because we were all done with doing any sort of adventuring or rp after that point and it turned into one long meta gaming, and table-talk filled, session.
>>
>>46501037
And thats why when I play as an inquisitor i always put a torture skill so the subjects dont die
>>
>>46501138
For actual information gained then yeah it makes sense, but regardless of how much of a novice you are at torture you cannot kill someone by breaking their finger. Unless you mistake their finger for their neck yeah, but that should only come into play with a character with an INT of 5 or lower.
>>
>>46500686
Yeah p. Much. Dealing with that group was always such an arduous chore, considering that I didn't want to be laughing about stupid shit every 4 minutes. Every 20 would have been fine.
>>
>>46500797
GROAN
>>
>>46501268
Even an animal can tell the difference between a finger and a neck. You'd have to go into Int 0-1 for that kind of problem.
>>
>>46499995
>>46500079
>>46500100
I don't remember if the first thread was '08 or '09, but it was definitely a thing in '09. I remember that Glorious Dawn song came out a while later and suddenly people were posting it in every thread. There was some Church of Sagan style stuff too. And the name is almost as old as the first thread. It couldn't have been more than a couple threads before the name popped up. So it's been around for at least 7 of /tg/'s 9 years
>>
>>46499239
No, you can't.
>>
File: 1452551248328.png (93 KB, 359x254) Image search: [Google]
1452551248328.png
93 KB, 359x254
I once watched a nearly 20 minute argument at a 40k tournament over the importance of a comma in a skill description.

I can't even remember what it was specifically but it was an attack skill that caused several extra attacks. Somewhere in the description there was a comma before mentioning some further effects. The argument was whether or not the further effects were on all attacks or just the base attack.

The best thing was that the two owners of the store got involved and couldn't agree, either.
>>
>>46499841
>Or how when he flew up, let's say 300 ft., that his arrow should be doing an extra 2d8 damage because of some stupid math that he did and that enemy arrows should do 2d8 less to him since they were shooting straight up.
I can see the logic here, actually.
>>
>>46505504
>I once watched a nearly 20 minute argument at a 40k tournament over the importance of a comma in a skill description.
What.
>>
>>46498199
Elven slave girl. Due to a combination of amazing rolls and min maxing, one of the pcs killed the entire party just so he could keep the contract that made the girl obey him, instead of setting her free like the rest of the party wanted.
>>
>>46505525
Little changes in the english language can make a huge difference in meaning.
>let's eat grandma
Vs
>let's eat, grandma
>>
>>46505546
Sounds entirely justified to me. Thieving party members deserve a new character sheet.
>>
>>46505525

I was there to play some Magic in the other room and this argument broke out so I had to watch these two guys argue back and forth as one repeatedly pointed out there was a comma, A COMMA.

He was really adamant on his stance.
>>
>>46499239

You can read things in dreams, but if you look away and read it again it changes sometimes.
>>
>>46498199
Oh have I got a good one for you

so my group built a little boat to sail down a river
Everyone is saying what they are bringing
I bring my chest of gold
other guy brings his stuff
ext, ext, ext
Some guy wants to bring his horse
Our boat is not very big, and would most likely sink from so much weight if he brought it
I call him on it
he loses his shit
"Why don't you ever agree with my Zero? Why do you always shoot down my ideas? Do you not like me?"
He wasn't wrong
I did shoot down a lot of his ideas. Because they were stupid.
I guess he came to a boiling point
We spend the next hour all arguing over thing.
(We were on d20 btw)
Eventually he says he has to go.
Next day the DM messages us all on facebook that they guy has left the game because hes 'busy' irl

fucking hell man
>>
>>46505722
>Why do you always shoot down my ideas? Do you not like me?
Should told him "I like you and I want to bend you over the table and bang your ass non stop for hours, but your ideas are fucking retarded".
>>
>>46505722
>I bring my chest of gold
That would sink the boat itself. Gold is insanely heavy. A chest of gold is definitely heavier than a horse.
>>
>>46505922

Depends how big and full the chest is. If it's like a foot-long lockbox, then it's only 50-60 pounds. On the other hand, if it's like a big-ass thing 5 feet wide, then it'll be probably 10 tons.
>>
File: 1432938846370.jpg (162 KB, 490x789) Image search: [Google]
1432938846370.jpg
162 KB, 490x789
>>46499777
As it should be you fucking Mon'keigh.
>>
>>46506762
Fun fact : eldars are my training dummies for when I try new tactics with the orks.

Another fun fact : orks are pretty fun to play in Dawn of War.
>>
File: 1459326770046.png (19 KB, 598x621) Image search: [Google]
1459326770046.png
19 KB, 598x621
>>46506782
>Mfw Orks are my dummies on the table and DoW
Weird world huh?
>>
>>46506867
Sounds like someone wants a choppa to the face.
>>
>>46501037
to be fair if the dm was going by the book rules, then theres a chance that even stepping on a lego, aka improvised caltrop, could knock someone unconcious. so its not to far off that if you break someones finger it could drop them into negatives, and depending on how much damage he took overall, his current mental state, and how old he was, he could have suffered a heart attack.

but thats how i would justify it, none the less still seems like a dick move for both parties

>>46505521
as can i, i can sorta see the AoO one as well, but if anything it would be pluses to his ac, like +1 "he's fast" bonus
>>
It's been a while so I might have the words in question the wrong way round here but you'll get the gist. Playing Warhammer (8ed). My unit of big'uns lead by a warboss have to make a LD test. Roll a 10. I just pass due to the unit having the Banner of Disipline (+1LD). "Hang on", my opponent says, "Can that unit have that banner?"
He gets the book, flicks through, "No they can't use that banner."
"What yes they can! It says right here," I point to the exact line, "Unit may have an magic standard up to 50 pts."
"Exactly! It says magic standard not magic banner."
He then procedes to argue that the wording for a battle standard bearer specifficaly states they can carry a "banner" of any points cost. Therefore this proves magic standards and magic banners are diffrent catagories.
>>
>>46499531
Some one screencap this >shit
>>
>>46510321
40k 4th, Nids vs all shooty SMurfs, tourney. Board: village around the perimeter of the board with Stone Henge type structure in the middle.

Mission: The Duel, the highest point HQ unit in each army must start the game 6 inches from each other in the center of the board. Other than that deploy in table quarters and play with killpoints. The side whose HQ wing the duel gets an extra three.

I had a 2 talon, bioplasma, adrenal/toxin Hive Tyrant.
He had a Chaplain. No upgrades.

Twenty minutes wasted arguing about the things in Stone Henge getting cover, or whether the stones only block LoS (like they might currently). Eventually the judge wandered by and said 'roll a die'. I lost, and he got first turn.

Tyrant survived the storm of fire by the heart of the cards, and my opponent wanted me to roll for difficult terrain to get his Chappy nommed. In a piece of terrain that doesn't give cover. And is actually clear in the middle.

Very nearly lost my shit there, not gonna lie.
Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.