[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Black Legion formations
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 1455062226746.jpg (292 KB, 700x525) Image search: [Google]
1455062226746.jpg
292 KB, 700x525
http://imgur.com/a/EAPhU
Seems a little under whelming. Opinions?
>>
People think they'll be able to use the psychic power to take over a stormsurge and fire all of its weapons, but it only grants a single shooting attack, not a whole shooting phase.
>>
>>46494980
Whether or not it's one weapon or all weapons, I think it's still not good enough. Overall the formations were a disappointment to me even when I did not even have high expectations.
>>
>>46494572
Formations are good.
It's the vanilla CSM that still sucks, but we all know that.

No Detachment is the real problem, and there is no really an excuse for that.
>>
>>46496005
No, they aren't. They are not even close to the level of what other armies get.
>>
>>46494572
>Opinions?
40k general is already shitting themselves over it.

Might as them.
>>
>>46494572
that thing on the pic looks pretty awesome
>>
>>46494572
>opinions

More garbage from Games Workshop. Support army X, fuck army Y in the ass in order to drive sales of army X. A few years later, support army Y, fuck army Z in the ass. Repeat ad nauseum.
>>
File: 1458667151354.jpg (10 KB, 480x256) Image search: [Google]
1458667151354.jpg
10 KB, 480x256
>>46494980
>non-vehicle unit
>make a shooting attack with that unit
RaW seems like the best use is picking a unit of longfangs, or a gargantuan creature. Or hell a wraithknight would be perfect.

These datasheets are remarkably underwhelming. None of them address the key problem of getting CSM into melee.
It doesnt matter if possessed are s10 i10 and A10. If they cant reliably make it into melee they suck.
>>
Can you make a unit shoot itself? Stormsurge targets itself with D Missile, flamer unit crisscrosses templates to blanket itself, guard unit just rolls to-hit/to-wound its own unit and saves vs its own fire?
>>
>>46504484
I'd say no. It's shooting 'as though it were part of your army', and your units can't shoot themselves. If it was more vague, like saying it just resolved a shooting attack against an enemy unit, there would be some leeway.

Of course, with template weapons you have a bit of wiggle room, since if the unit is close enough to another they could drop a template on themselves and the other squad, I think.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.