[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let me tell you why the worst alignment is Lawful Good and you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 1459135486652.jpg (346 KB, 695x900) Image search: [Google]
1459135486652.jpg
346 KB, 695x900
Let me tell you why the worst alignment is Lawful Good and you should reconsider your life choices if you play it.

If you live in a first world country your alignment has to be primarily Lawful, because getting away with fun crimes is difficult unless you are rich. This includes being deferential to the empowered and protected evil ones in society, and the people we may not like.

It sucks, doesn't it?

So why would you, given free reign in your fantasy world to release this frustration, not?

Being evil in games is HARMLESS. No matter what Jack Thompson said, running over hookers in GTA or killing orcs in DnD doesn't make you shoot up schools.

Being evil in games is CATHARTIC. If work or school really sucks because you have to pretend you like being a good guy, then letting off steam killing facsimiles of your problems is vital stress relief.

But most of all, being evil in games is FUN. It just is! Being good sucks IRL and sucks doubly hard in fantasy. On the other hand being able to take what you want is pretty fucking great!

So, try it one day!
>>
Not everyone hates their life as much as you do, OP.
>>
>>46487829
Man, why are there so many inflammatory 0-reply posts today?
This is like the 5th one I saw sinking into the mists.
Is someone doing mass bait?
>>
>>46487868
It was literally made less than two minutes before you posted.
>>
>>46487887
Still, there's like 50 threads up bitching about this or that.
Make a bitching-about-things-and-bait general or something.
>>
>>46487829
Counterpoint?
Being good in a game is harmless.
Being good in a game is cathartic.
Being good in a game is fun! Being evil REALLY sucks IRL, what, with the police and the forensics and the prison rape and all.
>>
>>46487829
Because everyone is different and some people just don't have fun that way? Not everyone is a repressed murder hobo trying to blend in with society. Some people, strangely enough, are actually good rather than just pretending.

As a GM I love playing evil NPCs because it motivates my players. As a player I cannot enjoy being evil. I have tried in order to see what the big deal was. I was not sickened. I was bored. Does that mean I think everyone else would find it boring? How the Hell should I know what other people enjoy!?

Let me tell you a Stoic fable. Once there was a woman who was too crippled in her age and frailty to climb the temple steps to give sacrifices and praises to the goddess Athena. Her two sons pulled her up with a cart and some rope, scraping their legs on the rough steps and burning their shoulders with the rope's cords the whole way. These two men are suffering because they are doing good for their mother. When they just reached to the top and the sons are struggling to lift their mother, joints and pain in their arms and back, their mother calls out to Athena, "Oh goddess! Let my sons die happy men!"

Both of her sons dropped dead on the spot.

No good deed goes unpunished. This is not a lesson from evil men, but from good. Suffering and sacrifice is part of the reason people indeed do good things. Economists have to account for altruism because people like giving things to other people and like seeing other people smile.
>>
>>46487829
Being Lawful Good is a fun challenge
Being evil is taking your hair down and letting loose
Being neutral is boring and for minmaxers

We can all agree on the above.
>>
>>46487829
>free reign
Your opinion is invalid until you can spell this turn of phrase correct.
>>
File: Lawful good.png (249 KB, 1903x950) Image search: [Google]
Lawful good.png
249 KB, 1903x950
>>46487829
>>
>>46488118
Not OP, but I never knew the idiom is supposed to be spelled without a g.
Thanks for indirectly enlightening me, Anon.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.