[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Warhammer 40k General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 49
File: General.jpg (332 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
General.jpg
332 KB, 1024x768
Eldar Exceptionalism Edition

>Rules databases
https://mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
https://kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>FAQs
http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V7.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index
>>
OK so the black legion has some new formations, both good and bad, any news on what crimson is bringing us?
>>
>>46481054
Ours doesn't, but every previous psyker conclave made casting easier.

Prior to the Conclaves, CSM Spell Familiars gave us a nice edge in the psychic phase. Now we're well below our loyalist brethren.
>>46481227
Not yet. It'd be nice and hilariously incongruent if they don't suck and/or contain demi-companies for the other three gods.
>>
>>46481176
Claimed for 9th legion. For Sanguinius!
>>
File: 1456236279236.jpg (36 KB, 460x268) Image search: [Google]
1456236279236.jpg
36 KB, 460x268
Reiterated shitpost clearing compilation to clean the thread before it starts.

>Melee Race, I2, Orkurion, Blitz Brigade.
>When are they going to fix Tyranids?
>"All x-race players are y"
>D Weapons
>Super Heavies
>Baleflamer Salamander ruling
>Complaining about Woofs
>Complaining about Eldar, Tau, or Crons.
>CSM real update never :^)

So with those new muhreen powers, can GK's now have 3++ on all their units? Personally I think those new disciplines should be universal, or they should patch up the disciplines that already exist.
>>
>>46480954
Still waiting for this shitposter to explain his alternate method.
>>
>>46481562
Don't get too excited, he probably hasn't played a single game with Chaos.
>>
What would be the most anti-marine list possible for your army for at 500 pts? Close quarters and maze-like scenario.
>>
>>46481964
Warpflame Host
Herald of Tzeentch- 45
9x Exalted Flamer- 50 (450)
Herald will try to summon buddies, Exalted Flamers pour hot death into any Space Marine that wanders into LoS.
>>
>>46481964

I am not experienced, but I think IG would just die.
>>
>>46481165
>>46481176
Why the fuck do we have two generals?
?And why do I have to add this to post in both?
Created within 1 minute of each other
>>
Would anyone mind running through the good Imperial Fists, Black Templar, and Crimson Fists stories out there in the BL? Thanks. 40k or HH are fine.
>>
>>46481964
Militarum Tempestus
>>
>>46481964
2 50 man conscript squads with that banner that gives all units fearless with 18 inch
they can't kill them all before the game ends!
>>
>>46482105
I fucked up. Don't bump this, we'll probably just migrate here once the next one hits the limit.

Sage'ing.
>>
File: howling banshees2.jpg (3 MB, 2106x2826) Image search: [Google]
howling banshees2.jpg
3 MB, 2106x2826
>>46481964

>anti-marine
>Close quarters and maze-like scenario.

Lots o' Banshees.
>>
File: 1385929248215.jpg (701 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
1385929248215.jpg
701 KB, 1680x1050
>>46481176
The Emperor's Champion must have his vows back, its gonna be now or never.
>>
So how are the Dakka jet squadrons from the new Waaagh! Ghazghkull?
>>
>>46482091

We might be able to make do with meltavets + stormtroopers, but yeah, it'd probably be close and I doubt we'd have much of an answer to the SM HQ choice.
>>
>>46481227
We will find out about the formations some time around the end of the week. Crimson is probably more formations too. The only one I saw spoiled was for BL and it was 1 daemon prince with 2-5 squads of possessed. The possessed go up to WS and I 5, but must make a leadership test each turn or they move d6 instead of the full 6, if they are within 18" of the daemon prince, they don't have to do the LD check
>>
>>46487539
All the Black Legion formations have been leaked, they all suck. There are no Decurions for these, confirmed. Maybe the Crimson Slaughter formations will include a Decurion? You know they wont though. Ork tier update, sans Decurion.
>>
R8 my Eldar 1250 list?

HQ: Farseer, Windrider
HQ: Farseer, Windrider

Troop: 5 Windriders, Scatterlasers
Troop: 5 Windriders, Scatterlasers

Fast Attack: Hornet, 2 Pulse Lasers

Heavy Support: Warp Hunter, D-Flail

Formation Detachment, Aspect Host
5 Swooping Hawks, Exarch
9 Warp Spiders, Exarch
4 Dark Reapers, Exarch, Starshot Missles for the unit.

Then, Day 2, you add 600 points.
Heavy Support: Lynx, Pulsar

Lord of War: Wraithknight, Sword and Board

I've got 50 points to throw around. Thoughts?
>>
File: Perty.jpg (203 KB, 535x464) Image search: [Google]
Perty.jpg
203 KB, 535x464
>>46488001
>mfw
It's not 45 Warp Spiders level of hitler, but boy you're trying
>>
How are the other Wraith Knight variants in comparison to the standard one?
>>
>>46488116
>Skatach with Spinners
It's okay/10. I find 2 spinners quickly leads to overkill, or mulching skimmers. I usually go with 1 Spinner and 1 board.
>Skatach with Pikes
Like, really consistent damage to super heavy vehicles and MC's. Not as ride or die as D-Cannons, you'll be much more consistent, but not as fun.
>>
>>46487731
As an Ork player who has a few CSM models and just wanted some formations that are better than an allied contingent to run as allies, I can for sure say this update is better for me than the Ghazgul one. I could take a min sized demi-khornpany and my dudes could Waaagh together.
>>
>>46487731

Bleh that can't be all of them. Also they're missing the bonus for completing a Decurion which is usually the biggest bonus of them all.
>>
>>46490216
That's the thing, though. There is no decurion. Just formations, apparently
>>
Did the Black Legion get any new Daemon Engine formations?
>>
>>46490246

Really? That makes no sense to me. They updated Ork to have a Decurion, why wouldn't they update the Black Legion?
>>
>>46490388
Yes, actually. Take a Warpsmith and 2 Dinobots. They get some preferred enemy when attacking a single enemy character that you choose at the start of the game, and you can have the warpsmith grant his WS & BS to one of the dinobots within 12"

So basically you can have the Warpsmith give a Forgefiend BS 5 while he sits behind it to repair it, and have another Forgefiend on standby in case that one dies.
>>
>>46488001
Unless this is for a tournament, I suggest you go fuck yourself.
>>
>>46488001
Is a Lynx just Heavy support? I thought they were Lords of War.

Not that it matters, since I think there's a formation to take them solo, but still.
>>
>>46490837
Yes, should have said that.
>>46490860
Doom of Mymera Pt 2 makes them Heavy Supports that cost like 225, with 5 HP, and they lose SHV.
>>
Should I buy a forgeworld titan for apocalypse?

I was thinking either
https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-CA/Mars-Alpha-Pattern-Warlord-Titan
or
https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-CA/Ventarii-Reaver-Titan-Maniple-1
>>
>Reaver
Naw, m9. You can kitbash or scratchbuild those pretty easy. And it's for apoc, which is for fun anyway, so...
>Warlord
Jesus, you just have the scratch to buy a small car sitting around? I mean, Unless you're fighting necrons it's guaranteed to wreck face, but...wow.
>>
>>46491097
Ive been saving for awhile. Forgeworld prices are stupid, but the models are really quite good.

Admittedly, I should probably just save my money, but my friend is a real prick with his stompa and I dont really have any counters other then 2 predator annihilators.
>>
>>46491178
>Stompa

Just bring more anti-tank. Or consider a normal knight-titan. The stompa is massively overcosted, so you shouldn't have much trouble.
>>
>>46491178

Is it the regular kind or one of the Kustom ones?
>>
>>46491227
Ive never actually seen anyone field a knight titan.

Are they good? Should I get one? 10? 2 and a half?

As far as I can tell, they are massively shadowed by their much larger brothers.
>>
File: Orks.jpg (510 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
Orks.jpg
510 KB, 1000x1000
>>46491301
Regular, but its red.
>>
>>46490436
Hey man, It's just what apparently the dude on dakka dakka who leaked it said. Or something like that. They could be total liers
>>
>>46491178
you want a warlord, or a titan maniple to counter a stompa?
Let me guess, back in good old days, where duels where a thing, your opponent would use a gold plated duelling pistol and while you would wheel in a shrapnel cannon.

Against stompa, maybe get a third Pred annihilator, they have some squadron thing to do better against it. Fuck get another 4, would still be no money compared to the titan
>>
>>46491303
A Knight titan is probably only going to run you around 400 points at the higher end and be able to wreck at range and in melee depending on what set-up you choose.

It'll probably be able to kill the Stompa in melee without any issue, and has good options for chipping it down from a range. You shouldn't really need more than one.

You're fighting fucking Orks man. You shouldn't need to try this hard.
>>
File: titans.png (821 KB, 852x443) Image search: [Google]
titans.png
821 KB, 852x443
>>46491345
Bringing a gun to a gunfight is fine, but bringing a 100,000 ton machine of death and pain to a gunfight is better.
>>
>>46491322

Overcoming a regular Stompa is not that hard.
>>
>>46491178
A warlord titan is an entire army on its own.
>>
>>46491322
>Regular, but its red

That just means it'll die even faster.
>>
File: image.gif (2 MB, 245x276) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2 MB, 245x276
>>46490216
Nope, no Decurion.

"Just thought you'd appreciate a little fuck you tacked onto the bigger fuck you."

-Fuck you,
Games Workshop

Anyone still denying method to this madness is naive. The Space Marine supplement being released alongside this is so much better, thats no accident. The only logical conclusion is that they hold certain armies down - in the hopes those players will buy into more competitive armies. It's what any publicly held game company thats out of touch with their customers would do. Attempt to force purchases where there otherwise wouldnt be.
>>
>>46490889
http://m.ebay.com/sch/i.html?sid=stephen57425962&_pgn=1&isRefine=true
>>
>>46491380
https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-CA/Mechanicum-Cerastus-Knight-Atrapos

Looking at this as an example, Doesnt look like it does melee, which is obviously heresy, but it does have some seriously heavy firepower.

Its also capable of destroying scenery, so thats nice.
https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Cerastus-Knight-Atrapos.pdf
>>
>>46491499
I'm not even talking about the Forgeworld knights. Even the plastic ones from GW will do just fine. Get a Crusader or an Errant and just stab the Stompa with a D-strength chainsword.
>>
>>46491532
Whats the price range on those? Undoubtedly cheaper then FW, but not by a whole lot, surely.
>>
Why wouldnt the sorc formation kick ass with nurgle bikes?
>>
>>46486334
well, the 3 dakka jet one gives you the fan-fucking-tastic benefit of rerolling failed penetration rolls on other enemy flyers.
>>
I want to build an infantry focused IG army, What is the best way to gear up my platoon infantry quads?

I was thinking 30 man blobs, with 2 vox casters, 3 flamers and 3 autocannons. And then a bare bones commissar who sits at the back and yells at them.
>>
>>46491561
Around $120, possibly lower if you can find a discount or one of the earlier kits that was like 90.

So basically half-cost of the one you were looking at.
>>
>>46490803
a more expensive but kind of fun thunderfire cannon essentially.
>>
>>46491602
Im a personal fan of flamers, just because ork blobs fuck guard blobs in close combat.
>>
>>46491618
Yeah, it's actually a really cool formation. It almost makes me want to take a pair of Forge-fiends, give one autocannons and the other plasma and have whichever BS 5 artillery piece I need on-demand.

Sadly it's 500 points to do that, and it probably wouldn't be very effective. It does sound fun though.

I'm more looking forward to the Sorcerer blob formation. That might actually be a fluffy way to run a Tzeentch army without it being terrible, and the psychic power sounds really fun.
>>
>>46491625
Yeah that was my thinking. And special weapons wise they don't really have anything else worth taking due to their BS3.

I might take a veteran squad with plasma guns and carapace armour just to deal with any particularly resilient MEQ
>>
>>46491567
Because theyre still CSM, and that formation with 3-5 Sorcerers on bikes is going to be your opponents priority. Especially since CSM dont exactly have many threats worthy of drawing fire.
>>
>>46491655
Plasma is ok, but I prefer melta mostly because my shit luck always ends with my plasma weapons exploding in my face.
>>
>>46491303

The Imperial Knight Titan is, in my opinion, the best titan by far. It's the perfect balance of toughness, power, and usability.

For its points it's pretty good. A bit of magnetizing will net you a single model that can be one of six different units, with a wide variety of weaponry to deal with various targets: a large-blast melta gun with a range of 36", a two-shot battle cannon, the biggest minigun this side of Mars, and a selection of D-strength melee. Paint it well and it will be the envy of your FLGS.

But what makes it TRULY amazing is the fact that you can add one to literally any army as an allied detachment (referred to as an Oathsworn detachment), making it 100% legal in any game you can fit it in, points-wise. Of course, running one in a 1000-point-or-less game is going to piss people off, but otherwise, it will serve you well. And it will WRECK a stompa.

Sure, a Warlord or Reaver will also wreck face, but you'll never be able to use them in normal games, either because you don't play Guard or because they're too many points.
>>
>>46491685
So just take nothing but Sorcerers on Bikes. Maybe some Tzeentch ones on Discs to mix it up. Then thrown in a Chaos Knight to help distract.
>>
>>46491730
Problem solved! CSM no longer suck. You need to get this solution to the masses anon, all our CSM bros are going to be so thrilled.
>>
>>46491729
>literally any army.
So it'd be fine if I took one with Tyranids?
>>
>>46491729
Whats the movement like? Im not CREEEEEED so I cant just make it appear out of no-where, and would like to be able to get it around the board.

Other then that though, it sounds pretty badass. Ill look into this.
>>
>>46491602
>flamer squads
You've got the right idea. It's the only weapon infantry squads have that's more viable wielded by them than by veterans, eats blobs alive, and gives them additional overwatch power.

>not a Lord Commissar
Careful, anon. He's cheap, but a Commissar is also not an Independent Character, so he gets a 4+ Look Out, Sir! roll. Enemy snipers will be able to pick him off with suprising ease. If you don't intend on your men taking cover (or more specifically, Going to Ground) then use a Ministorum Priest. He gets a 2+ LoS!, and a 4++ save on top of that, making his chance of ignoring a given enemy attack 11/12!

>Autocannons
Good idea here, though. The AC is the best gun to stick in a blob, since it mostly does the same job the lasgun does, only louder and better. Order the squad Forwards for the Emeperor! to effectively make it Relentless.
>>
>>46491824
Moves 12.
>>
>>46491760
As long as you deploy it far enough away from your Nids and keep is 6" away after that, you could take 3.
>>
>>46491760

YES. You'd be dealing with the Come the Apocalypse ally restrictions, but the Knight's a TITAN; it doesn't care about support. It'll wreck face on its own well enough.

>>46491824
Baby's a Super-Heavy Walker. She stomps 12" each turn and can run 2d6x2", if i recall. She's QUITE fast.
>>
>>46491843
Thats not bad, especially when compared to the slow-as-molasses-in-January large titans
>>
>>46481421
You realize that you're shitposting by spamming that post every thread right?
>>
>>46491824
12" movement, and it has fairly long-range guns along with a directional Invuln save. Getting it across the board is easy. The Stompa only has one gun that can really threaten it.

As for combat ability, I'd put it at around 50/50 odds of beating the Stompa. The knight swings first, but the Stompa has a lot more Hullpoints. Considering a Knight is half the cost though, 50/50 is great odds, and even if it loses it'll deal enough damage that your tanks should be able to finish the Stompa off.
>>
>>46491729
Something i learned last week is that if you're facing a drop pod army:
Hold it in reserves. It'll fuck them sideways
>>
>>46491878
The runs kind of a game changer huh? With a lot of luck you could cross 36" in one turn. Thats one hell of a "Ill just let myself into your frontlines".
>>
>>46491865
>>46491878
I find this hilarious.

>"Why am I helping the Tyranids again?"
>"Eh, so long as I get to kill things. It's pretty boring back home in the courts. This is a lot better."
>>
>>46491892
All super heavies can move 12"
>>
>>46491902
>50/50
Any knight with a Reaper Chainsword swings 3 times with the D. That's 2 shots on average to hit that magic FUCK YOU 6 roll, and 2 penetrating hits at AP2 otherwise. The first strike is a SERIOUS advantage. I'd give it a 75% chance of coming out on top.
>>
>>46491878
>>46491937
Pretty sure it's only the forgeworld titans that have extra run distance.
>>
>>46481227

They all say "This is a Black Legion formation." I'm assuming that's to stop people using them with anything that's not painted BL, right?

>tfw no good way of making custom warbands for CSM with unique "chapter tactics"

desu I just want to run the Purged or the Scourged (but the Purged formation is meh with CSM)
>>
>>46491902
Yeah, I could keep the annihilators at a distance pounding it with cannons while the knight gets into close quarters.
>>
>Dark Eldar
>Scourges
>up to 4 birds can have Heat Lances
>fuckyesmelta.lance
>assembling birds
>one fucking Heat Lance in the entire box

What the fuck?
Is this normal for GW kits or something?
I've halted assembly since I'm not sure what to do now
Fuck
>>
>>46491948
Even if it dies it's going to hit it with another str D hit.
>>
>>46491960
>>46491878

Yep, that's right. Imperia; Knights only run 6". Still, they're not slow; they're half-again faster than footsloggers, and thanks to their sheer size and the fact that they don't give a chocolate-coated FUCK about dangerous terrain, they tend to be faster than non-super-heavy walkers, too.
>>
>>46491980
Yes it's common for kits to only come with one of each weapon. Haywire is better for scourges btw.
>>
File: 15616565115.jpg (20 KB, 379x364) Image search: [Google]
15616565115.jpg
20 KB, 379x364
>>46491980
>Is this normal for GW kits or something?

Yes.
>>
>>46491980
Devs and Longfangs don't have enough Heavies to kit the entire squad out
>>
>>46491948
Well, to mathhammer this out, assuming the Knight gets the charge...

Knight swings 4 times for 2 hits. Assuming average rolls, it deals 4 HP to the Stompa. Assuming a 6 result and another normal result, on average it's still just 1 short of a kill.

Either way, Stompa is likely alive long enough to swing. 4 attacks and 2 hits as well, dealing 4 HP back, possibly 1-shotting the knight with a lucky 6.

Next round, the Knight will likely deal closer to 3 wounds on average, having dropped to 3 attacks. 3.5 hits on average isn't the best odds for getting a 6 result, but that does mean it'll happen a bit better than half the fights, which means that by round 2 the Stompa is either close to 5 HP or dead. Assuming it's at 5 HP, the Stompa will clean up next round without much issue.

Obviously this fight is very swingy due to 6s, but I think it's a relatively even matchup, aside from the fact that the Stompa costs double.
>>
>>46492097
Even if the stompa wins, you still get the apoc blast from the titan death.
>>
>>46491980

Yes, if you haven't noticed yet, you also don't get nearly enough Blasters in Warriors boxes to make all of the Blasterborn squads you'll need. You could make 2 out of the box if you cut the one Shredder or w/e it is up and reassemble it a bit so it looks different, but that's it.

GW are real fucks. All of the good weapons are expensive as fuck on bits sites btw, enjoy $8 Blasters.
>>
So is there any real info on the new supplements?
>>
i miss rhino rush
>>
I kinda want to put power swords on my two tactical sergeants for a beer and pizza 1000pt list...

Would that even be worth doing?
>>
>>46492116
Right, which means if the Stompa wins it's going to be closer to 3 or 4 hullpoints assuming a good result, barring a lucky 6 in the first round by it.

And, since the fight is over in 2 rounds, that means if you charge, you're in a prime position to finish it off with your next shooting phase.

So yes, it's about even as to who will win the fight, but the Stompa is probably dead afterwards.
>>
>>46492176
Thankfully no one will know what DE weapons look like so you can just say that they're whatever.
>>
>>46491980
This is the exact reason I dont play what you see is what you get. Pretty much no one in my group does. We just do the physical build of what guns/weapons we think look best (while still sticking within the rules, ie squads have the proper number of special/heavy weapons, etc) and tell our opponents before the game what is what if its not what the model is holding.
>>
>>46492097
>>46492116

This is about right, but one must recall that knights in melee are actually kind of lousy. If you're going to be beating down a Stompa, you'll want to do it at range, first; it's Deff Kannon will bounce off your shields half the time (though it WILL reliably penetrate your armor, so watch that shield facing), while you can pound it with high-end Imperial Ordnance from a distance. If you sprung for the Knight Crusader and went full shooty, you might have an ass-whoopin' incoming, but you'll give that Stompa a beating:

>Avenger Gatling Cannon
>12 shots, 9 hits
>S6, 1.3 rends
This from 36", so the Stompa will get shot this way at least 3 times. You'll eat 3 shots from the Deff Kannon, but you'll lose less HP to it.

>Rapid Fire Battle Cannon
>2 shots, both will hit due to sheer target size
>S8 Ordnance, 1.11 HP lost)
This from SIX FEET. You'll chew it up pretty good by the time it gets to you. Same rules for the Deff Kannon apply.

Take one of these with your Reaper Chainsword and the Stompa will be in serious pain by the time you actually charge it. Add in a hull meltagun for some extra fun and get choppin'. Again, all this adds up to about an EVEN match between the knight and the Stompa, but remember that your knight is at MOST 470 points, while his Stompa is 770. If the two knock each other out, you've won.
>>
Trying to find/create a Tyranid Survival/Last-Stand game to play with friends. So far, I've got:

4 HQ's (No named characters), 250pts or under.
Once they lose their last wound, they get knocked down, and can be brought back up at the beginning of the surviver's turn if there is another HQ within 6" of the downed guy.
(How many wounds should they be brought back up with? Do HQ's regen wounds at the beginning of turns?)

At the beginning of Tyranid turns, new enemies arrive from a random side on the board.
Turns 1 and 2 are just gaunts, Turn 3 is warriors, Turn 4 is genestealers, Turn 5 is a Carnifex, Turn 6 is a Hive Tyrant.

Need to do some playtesting to figure out if this will work at all/how to balance it, but how does the idea sound?
>>
>>46492324
This discounts any repairs the stompa might have.
>>
>>46481264
Excellent job my brother
>>
File: Thegodemperorsblessing.jpg (70 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
Thegodemperorsblessing.jpg
70 KB, 960x720
Alright, I believe this to be a sign from the God Emperor himself, personally blessing this chaplain here. Today while I sat down to start today's painting session, I witnessed a Ray of Golden Sunlight shining directly through the tree branches near my house, and DIRECTLY onto this Chaplain's Crozius. It glowed like a great fire, and was such a glorious sight that I had to whip out my phone camera right then and there to take a picture.

So here it is, a sign of the God Emperor's Blessing himself. The upcoming space marine supplements will change the game forever. The Age of the Emperor is upon us, and Eldar shall be dethroned from their mountain of bullshit. The age of the Space Marines shall be upon us, and the game will be glorious once again.
>>
>>46492408
At that point though, you're talking about paying another 100 points or so for however many Meks you want to shove in it. That's pushing it from double points closer to triple, meaning a lucky 6 on the Knight's part is going to kill even more point's worth of stuff.
>>
>>46492457
Pretty sweet color scheme. What chapter is that?

THIN YOUR PAINTS.
>>
>>46492471
To be fair the ork player can throw a unit of tankbustas at a knight that will blow it up for cheap as well.
>>
>>46492493
They are fucking thinned, and this guy was to be the subject of today's painting session.

Colour Scheme is Raptors 2nd Company. Or well it will be once I'm done with all of the Ultra-thin layering being done. I'm painting him by the wash method, so all of my paints are 95% water.
>>
>>46492501
At which point you're looking at 1000 points of your army trying to handle this one 400 point unit.

Let's just call Knights and Stompas even, accept that Stompas are horribly overcosted, and stop this from devolving into a 'but what if he has x?'
>>
>>46492554
Well you wouldn't be using the stompa to fight the knight at that point. I just wanted to point out that a knight isn't a guaranteed counter to a stompa.
>>
>>46492457
Truly, he is blessed, Brother! Go forth with the Emperor's light, and smite the foul Heretic, whom would corrupt the citizens of Man!

>>46492523
I got to say, he looks pretty cool.
>>
>think about giving a jump pack to my captain
>remember that i cut assault marines from my list because an accident damaged mine beyond usability
i feel like having only one guy capable of jumping around isn't useful
>>
>>46492639
Put Two Lightning Claws on him, run him as MURDERWINGS

Then feel free to use him like an Eversor, just stick him behind some kind of BLOS, and let your opponent know that they won't be able to get anywhere fucking close to said location without horrifically dying to 12 melee attacks plus an orbital bombardment on the charge
>>
>>46492639
I've run a Chaos Lord as the only jump model in smaller games before. Having a killy source of fearless like that hopping between squads is actually rather interesting.
>>
>>46492618
Thank you! May the blessings of the God Emperor be with you as you slaughter the enemies of mankind.
>>
>>46492704
fuck it i'll give it a try

>>46492678
sadly i don't have any LC sitting around
was thinking of giving him a power sword and a grav pistol
>>
>>46492457

>Badab war chapter

Good taste, but you might not be able to use the Raven Guard goodies in the supplement unless you have Raven Guard tactics, we don't know yet
>>
>>46492723
grav pistols are pure shit
power swords are for the weak, LC or TH, or if you feel really fucking TESTICULAR, take both
>>
>>46492757
>LC and TH

that sounds like the ultimate "get the fuck out of my face" loadout

i love it
>>
>>46492723
>>46492757
Grav-pistols are okay. They're a bit expensive, but they're nice against 2+ and concussive is handy.
>>
>>46492735
The entire rest of my collection that I inherited from another person was painted as Astral Claws. But I have never once used the Astral Claws tactics on the tabletop, because they're just insufferably shit, to a point where I don't even fucking know why the original owner painted them that way.

I'm currently in the process of having them all repainted, but it's a slow process.

I've gotten all of the Companies set up with their own unique camo pattern. Right now I'm doing the 10th company in a Swamp-Camo of my own design, with combinations of amoebas and stipples.

Once I'm done with this company, I'm going to do the 9th company in Mountbatten Pink with olive-tigerstripe and grey stipples.

Only my 2nd and 1st companies are going to be in the traditional colour schemes. This chaplain here will be from the second company.
>>
>>46492853

Astral Claws are meant to be played as Tyrant's Legion, basically you get hive militia as meatshields and artillery support.
>>
Are there any of the stuff like SMASHFUCKER for Imperial Fists?
>>
>>46492878
Yea, which is kind of hard when I don't have any militia meatshields. Maybe someday I'll revisit that idea when I start grabbing up Empire Free Militia models to run a Imperial Militia levee horde.
>>
>>46492879
His name is Darnath Lysander, I'm glad I could get you two acquainted
>>
>>46481964
>>46484576

ASPECT HOST

Howling Banshees (10)
Exarch w/ Executioner

Howling Banshees (10)
Exarch w/ Executioner

Howling Banshees (10)
Exarch w/ Executioner

Don't even take the last 50 points. You'll also want to bring a mouth-guard as you're gonna get punched in the face.
>>
>>46492184
Space Marines are getting a compilation of recent SM supplements/rules - with some new formations tacked on. They're also getting new psychic abilities/cards.

CSM are getting Black Legion with shitty formations, Crimson Slaughter with (assumed) shitty formations, and a big dick in their gaping, bloodied asshole.
>>
>>46493060
you are forgetting another set of bundles with the same models they try to pawn to CSM players for the last years
>>
>>46493060
Crimson Slaughter formations are almost assuredly some of the already-crimson slaughter themed ones they've released. Kranon's Helguard, etc.
>>
>>46493060

Admit it, the warpsmith + pets and the sorcerer conclave formations are good
>>
>>46493059
i thought we all agreed that banshees were a joke for killing meq, besides the exarch
>>
>>46493179
would anyone be upset if i used defilers instead?
>>
>>46493203

Not for a homebrew scenario if you can fluff it and it's with a friend.

But in tournaments or leagues, it wouldn't be allowed.
>>
>>46493179
Sorcerer conclave is good for spamming sorcerers, the power's kind of meh unless you're against something with a Wraithknight/Stormsurge/Grav-heavy unit.

Warpsmith + pets is way too expensive for what it does, and what it does isn't that impressive anyways.
>>
>>46493248
>Fluff it

They're all Daemon engines. Really that formation could be any 2 vehicles with the Daemon special rule and it would make as much sense. Heck, even if it was Obliterators it would still make sense.
>>
>>46493267
The main thing the Warpsmith formation does is make autocannon Forgefiends more viable if you were already taking all those units. BS 5 on 8 shots like that is nice, but at the same time, you could just as easily get 3 plasma blasts that don't care about BS that much.
>>
>>46489999
>>46490029
I'd completely forgot to ask, but why green for the tongue and mouth?
>>
>>46493475
Shoot, messed up the second link,
>>46490028
>>
>>46493413
You can make two squads of four autocannon havocs for a few ablative wounds that is both more resiliant and has the same amount of firepower as that formation, though.

Longer range, too.
>>
>>46493643
Well, there are a few other differences. Pinning is minor, but it is there. S8 is a meaningful change compared to S 7, as it ID's T 4 and can glance AV 14. BS 5 is also still an improvement over BS 4, though it is slight.

More resilient is a bit debatable. Yes, the Havocs will have more wounds, but are more vulnerable to infantry guns, and lack any sort of Invuln save like the Forgefiend can get. Furthermore, IWND combined with the Warpsmith means it's difficult to wear down.

The Forgefiend also has the benefit of being more mobile, since it's a Walker.
>>
>>46493189

They're a joke for everything besides MEQ. A squad of 10 will kill 10 marines in 2 turns if they don't sweep them the first round, can't be overwatched, and are cheap as shit. Pretty ideal for what the guy asked I'd say.
>>
>>46493873
Is that before or after accounting for Shuriken pistol shots?
>>
>>46493888
fuck off khorne
but really, i wouldnt even bother firing the shuriken pistols if you have a decent sized unit, you dont want to risk doing enough damage to cause your melee to wipe them out first round of combat and then get shot the fuck up
>>
Getting my partner a 1500 DE/Harlequin army for her birthday/christmas this year, but don't have much experience with either. Does this look decent?

HARLEQUINS - Cast of Players
Death Jester
Shadowseer - lvl 2, Mask of Secrets
7 Players w/ 3 Harlequin's Kiss

DARK ELDAR - Realspace Raiders Detachment

HQ
Haemonculus - Webway Portal, Archangel of Pain
Succubus - Archite Glaive, Haywire, Armour of Misery

ELITES
4 Incubi w/ Klaivex, Venom with Splinter Cannon

TROOPS
10 Kabalite w/ Splinter Cannon, Sybarite, Power Sword, Raider with Dark Lance
5 Warriors w/ Blaster, Sybarite, Venom with Splinter Cannon
10 Wyches w/ Hekatrix, Haywire, Power Sword, Raider with Dark Lance

FAST ATTACK
Raider with Dark Lance
5 Scourges w/ Solarite, Power Lance, Splinter Cannon

HEAVY SUPPORT
Ravager w/ 3 Disintegrators, Nightshield

She likes the Wyches, Warriors and Harlequin models the most, whilst I would be keen to paint Incubi and Scourges as well. It would be 99% for friendly matches, and my group is pretty good with keeping the power levels low.
>>
File: TheCovenant.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
TheCovenant.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>46481176

I'm trying to figure out a believable backstory for how a Fallen Chapter Master would come to control a Loyalist Chapter by the 41st Millenium. My notes so far are:

>Luciphros is a Heresy era Terran Marine; Chapter Master of the 1st Legion.
>When the schism happens Luciphros plans to side with Luther and rushes his fleet into position
>Warp fuckery happens and Luciphros arrives in the 34th Millenium with the remnants of his Chapter
>Luciphros learns of what really transpired with Lucifer, has reason to believe the Lion lives (but doesn't know where), and wants to seek out the Lion for redemption
>Luciphros and his men adopt the colors and heraldry of an annihilated Unforgiven Chapter named the Covenant and pretend to be the warp lost survivors of the Chapter; only recently returned to the Imperial fold.
>Luciphros desperately steals any information, relic, or mystics/prophets he can in order to discern clues as to the Lion's status/whereabouts whilst having to avoid the modern Dark Angels and their allies.

Sound plausible? Attached a PDF of what I've got on the Chapter so far.
>>
>>46493936
realspace raiders is solidly pointless with that list, if you'll be playing maelstrom, then obsec is far more important than the 5/6+ cover save turn one
also, wyches are hot garbage, and i would replace them and that FA raider with reavers
>>
>>46493944
I don't think it's bad, what's the normal marine color schme look like though?
>>
I have a question: can more than one Mek be attached to the same unit? is it possible to have multiple meks repair the same vehicle in a single turn?
>>
What's the single biggest piece of fluff bullshit?
>>
>>46494006

I'm playing Deathwing so I haven't actually painted any 3+ Marines but it would be the same; gun-metal arms/weapons, light green eyes, imperial purple body.
>>
>>46494078

I realized 40k Fluff was sliding when the Blood Angels first bro'd out with the Necrons.
>>
>>46494072
yes

>>46494078
as in stuff i personally can't stand or the one most agree is bullshit? i can't think of any fluffi really hate (even the draigo stuff since grey knights are made for fighting daemons) but my favorite fluff is anything including changeling
>>
>>46493936
Oh oh oh.
While I admire your enthusiam there is almost no ability to counter enemy armor in there. That is bad.

Don't know much about harlies, I assume they go into the empty raider?

the Haemo does what?

succubus is solid

would take a raider for the incubi, with nightshields as it is more durable. Synergy with Jink-saves also disintegrator as you will be jinking anyway and enhanced sails to go faster than the orks allow

10 kabas: sybarite is worthless in there, take splinter racks to twinlink for cheap, also nightshields
5kabas; again sybarite what for?

wyches: PowerSword->agoniser as you can wound bigger things with it, especially mcs. again nightshields also cut down by a couple wyches as they are good for tarpitting

5scourges ???A heavy and a melee weapon why. The best setup is 4 haywire/heatlance/blaster but getting the bits for that can be frustrating, as there is only 1 per box and bitsites are notorious for being out of stock on them

would consider a squad of reavers with caltrops for S6 rending impact hits. Realistic minimum is 6. No special weapons they are fragile as shit.

Ravager Solid you might want a second with dark lances.

While a usual recommendation is 5 trueborn warriors with blasters I would wait until GWs big FAQ is out before thinking about that. Currently the transport can jink and while it has to snapfire, the passengers do not have to. If that changes to snapfiring passengers as well, many DE builds will have to adjust. Drastically.
(which is why Dark Lance on raider is not exactly good anti-tank in the first place)

So all in all consider DE and Harlies are fragile so you should avoid putting too much in one transport. They will get shot down. Fast. Best to have more smaller units.
Also change Realspace Raider to normal CAD for obsec
>>
>>46494078
I think there was one time in the novels when a dozen tactical marines killed 3000 Dark Eldar.
>>
>>46494078
Didn't a marine bench press a titan's foot once or something?
>>
>>46494430
angron did indeed squat a titan, when it was about to step on him and lorgar(?)
so i mean, its still silly, but its slightly more reasonable because its fucking angron
>>
>>46493475
That was just an example. I didn't want to repeat red because the eyes should be, and the mouth is typically a brighter, fleshy color (pink, purple, green, etc.). I know they're Hive Fleet Ultra, but I think have a metallic mouth is a little too much, and I didn't know if you wanted to make the tongue/mouth blue, too.
Go for it, if you want. That was just me spit-balling ideas.
>>
>>46494078
>>46494195

Yeah, Newcrons are the biggest fluff bullshit
>>
>>46494430
>>46494415
If that's true, that's so bad it's hilarious. Like, I get marines are absolutely superhumans and practically comparable to tanks in terms of strength and durability, but how the hell can you justify those things?
>>
>>46494521
>>46494444
Okay, that's a little bit more believable, but that's still a little bullshit.
>>
File: fighting dark eldar.jpg (9 KB, 360x450) Image search: [Google]
fighting dark eldar.jpg
9 KB, 360x450
>>46494415
not that hard to imagine, they are running around in 5+/6+ armor and av 10 open topped skimmers
>>
>>46494078
old C'Tan
5th edition Grey Knights in general
anything by CS Goto
all that ancient illuminati star child sensei crap
perpetuals

take your pick from any of the above
>>
Can anyone tell me if the standard land raider comes with a pintle multi melta? I'm trying to figure out if i lost part of the sprue. Buildin an achilles
>>
Any recommendations for good batrep channels? Looking for some tyranid videos and I've seen pretty much all of the MiniWarGaming stuff
>>
>>46494621
If it was like, a company, I could understand. But it's like marines. They're outnumbered 300 to 1.
>>
>>46494678
maybe

as the enemy is DE there is a fat chance they fought amongst themselves
>>
how do i play blood ravens in 30k
>>
>>46494678
what if the dark eldar were wearing super flammable clothing, eating hot food, standing next to red barrels and wearing their armor? i mean in that case 1 marine could kill 10 dark eldar every minute
>>
File: Capture.png (57 KB, 673x492) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
57 KB, 673x492
>>46494415
I think I know what you're talking about, but it wasn't like the tacticals were just sitting out in the open with a metric ton of raiders flying around them. Also, it was pretty intentional.
>>
>>46494988
>>46494725
>>46494678
>>46494547
>>46494521
>>46494415

In the Iron Snakes novel one tactical marine kills something like 5000 Dark Eldar. Not kidding.
>>
File: Thousand Sons.jpg (1 MB, 2620x1191) Image search: [Google]
Thousand Sons.jpg
1 MB, 2620x1191
>>46494949
>>
>>46494949
Play Thousand Sons when their rules come out.
>>
>>46494949
you dont
>>
>>46481176
>trying to find the 2016 ork supplement
>can't find shit
;_;
>>
>>46495169
Mega guy vanished.
>>
>>46495169
You don't want to find it
>>
>>46495185
Anyone have a digital DL for the Daemon stuff from the Wulfen update?
>>
>>46495185
RIP.
Anyone got a .pdf of it?
>>
>>46495185
Good thing I just downloaded all my shit yesterday. Good timing, I guess.
>>
Is their any other in universe books besides the uplifting primer?
>>
>>46495414
i believe the codex are written in universe as well, or at least parts. the other parts are written by the blue scribes or changeling
>>
>>46493179
NO. It should have been at least Optimized stealth cadre + Warconvo^2 level to be able to even beat massed ork boyz list.
>>
>>46494521
Duh, they are marines, they can get away with anything. In lore and on table.
>>
>>46495414
The xenology.

The 13th Black Crusade campaign book.
>>
File: Tau Sept.png (297 KB, 794x1123) Image search: [Google]
Tau Sept.png
297 KB, 794x1123
What are the rules for a good symbol, banner, flag, insignia?
>>
>>46495596
>good
has to have a two headed eagle on it at the very least
>>
>>46495027
Aren't situations like this the reason why the space marines have cyclonic torpedoes and life eating virus bombs?
>>
>>46495414
Munitorum manual.

>>46495427
>>46495465
I think he means a book that's published in the 40k universe, like the uplifting primer.
>>
>>46495685
How badly can one misspell evil?
>>
>>46495685

The Nazi agree with you.
>>
>>46495596

I see the Farscape Peace Keepers symbol and the Combne from Half-Life in there. Thanks anon!
>>
Anybody able to give me a text-run down of the Black Legion formations? Is it worse than Ghaz?

Crimson Slaughter with some nice ones would be pretty good as the Relics were pretty nice iirc. If they can make Possessed good, then it'll be pretty great.
>>
>>46496198
well they were the good guys
>>
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Warhammer-40k-space-marine-dreadnought-1990s-metal-Pro-painted-battle-worn-/172130507906?hash=item2813c71c82:g:DtUAAOSwoBtW4xFF

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Space-Marine-Blood-Angels-Assualt-Squad-Pro-Painted-/121942912136?hash=item1c645d2c88:g:YYAAAMXQlgtS7YOl

Why do people put this up as "pro painted"? Is it a joke or are people delusional? I just don't get it, please help me understand.
>>
>>46496211
Most are shit but the Sorcerer coven thing can be neat. No easier casting unfortunately (cant be as good as a librarius conclave, emperor forbid), but spell familiars help with that. Using an enemy unit to shoot as one of your own can be massively powerful against armies like Tau and Eldar though
>>
>>46496228
By putting "Pro Painted" in the title, it triggers their item to appear when people type "Pro Painted" into the search engine.

I've bought stuff from Ebay which look better than that shit and it wasn't labelled "pro painted", but it could have gotten away with it, had it done so. I need to take pictures of them to show, but they're what I classify as "gaming quality". As in, on a table, you'll think they look good and do look good, it's only when you get to look up real close that it's not quality.

And by not quality, I mean, not Gold/Slayer Sword quality. That Blood Angels diorama (or whatever the other term is) got Gold + Slayter Sword award. Not like that quality. But good enough for you to enjoy looking at them.
>>
>>46496228
Just because it says "pro painted" does not mean it's well painted. It merely means they're trying to do it for a living or just profit from it.
Most of the time it also means the models are painted with cigarettes.
>>
>>46496237
So, not too bad? I was hoping for a rule write up or better arranged rule pictures.

But that will do anon, my Chaosfag friend will be slightly happy. He hates Loyalists so much. Mostly due to the fact they get love and Chaos doesn't.
>>
File: BlackLegionFormations.jpg (2 MB, 3776x1502) Image search: [Google]
BlackLegionFormations.jpg
2 MB, 3776x1502
>>46496264
Here's the picture that was linked to a previous thread. They're fine if you have a casual meta, but they really don't make CSM any more competitive than they were before.
>>
>>46496243
This. However, as I said in my post above yours, it's often done to get the search hit to show theirs.

However, if none of their products have ever sold, they cannot be considered "professional". You only get that label when you've sold lots.

But, on the other hand, in society, "Professional" means they're skilled and trained to do good quality stuff (this obviously goes hand in hand with getting paid). So, perhaps that anon was wondering why it goes like that.

tl;dr, professional means they get paid, not that they do it well. Society thinks professional means doing it well.
>>
File: noice.png (11 KB, 150x148) Image search: [Google]
noice.png
11 KB, 150x148
>>46496284
Thanks anon. Casual meta is cool. Most people who want to do competitions due the best lists from the best factions anyway. I doubt there are many 100% CSM armies getting 1st in competitions outside of local FLGS competitions.
>>
>>46496287
Well, in a way, Society is right about that. After all, if they're not doing it well, then they won't be getting paid for long.
>>
>>46496284
The Coven allows to span sorcs which enables making deathstars. Going to start testing a deathstar version in two weeks.
>>
>>46496284
I'm really liking the multi-sorcerer formation. I'm getting the strong urge to start up a Tzeentch army consisting of nothing but a bunch of sorcerer covens.
>>
>>46496303
Correct. You also risk getting negative feedback on Ebay from people having a go cause it isn't what they would expect from 'professional'.

It's scummy, but I've gotten good deals from Ebay. I used to check regularly, but I have so much crap now if I saw a good deal I don't know if I could resist.
>>
>>46496303
>>46496313
Again, fine in a casual or friendly meta, but at least in my meta the whole release seems to be just unplayable.
>>
>>46496313
>Fucking CSM cheese, fuck off, I'm going to tell people not to play you
>*packs up Eldar and three Wraithknights*
>>
>>46494651
TTT.
They have loads of different armies, don't "umm and err" for 3 hours and don't try to force in shitty jokes and quirky behaviour to be interesting.
>>
>>46481421
You forgot to add that the rules are so bad it hurts. Formations and epic40k sized battles are killing this game. Apocalypse was fun occasionally. Now without house ruling it's mini apoc all the time.

They are fucking it up like they fucked warhammer up. The starting costs are just way too high. Good luck getting new players GW, and you need them now more than ever since so very many people have quit due to shit rules, and the knock on effect of AoS.

I go to 3 different gaming clubs, all of them were 40k dominated. Now it's all X-Wing and infinity. Plus some Mantic gaming and a couple of 30k players.

I'm really sad with what happened to muh game.
There's so much right, the new armies, the kick ass minis. But the rules mang... the rules.. and GW's fuck you customer attitude.
>>
>>46495194
No.

It wasn't worth the effort, only 8 pages are changed from the old ghazghkull supp, 1 is the index, 2 are fluff for badrukk.
>>
>>46495048

wuz they heed from?
>>
>>46495596
K.I.S.S.
Make it somthing you can recognize at range, replicate across an army and didn't rip from an anime.
>>
>>46494651
>I've seen pretty much all of the MiniWarGaming stuff
How can anyone watch this channel without cringing at unpainted minis, poorly painted minis, forgetting rules, intros with annoying voices, blatant cheating or those pointless 1v1 unit videos?
>>
>>46496466
>mfw daves new sons of horus are painted salamander green
>they paid some shitty painting company to do this, or it was done by the company for free in exchange for advertisement, proud of the poorly executed shit they gave him.
its hilarious
>>
>>46496487
Why? That doesn't make sense. I can get it if it was your own OCDONUTSTEEL chapter in 40k... But outright not doing the right colours for 30k is just.... cringey.
>>
>>46496504
>Why?
because sons of horus green isnt an official color, and its apparently hard to figure out, so the lazy shit company just painted them all salamander green. kek

the best part is that the MWG guys are so retarded and know so little about the fluff, that they didnt even realize they got like 3k+ points worth of shit painted the wrong color.
>>
>>46496313
Speaking as a Tzeentch player, to have them worth a damn it's going to be ridiculously expensive. Made a list yesterday and you'd want +1 Mastery to gain access to non-Tzeentch powers, MoT for obvious reasons along with a sigil and a spell familiar to make them more resilient (3++). 3 of those is 420 points. Adding 2 more for a nice cabal of 5 sets you back 700 points. It's ridiculously expensive.

that said if you have bodyguards and the enemy isn't too bothered about including Precision Shot in his list, you might actually get away not getting sigils at all, since your bodyguards will pass LoS on a 2+. Might be risky, but its up to you. You'd shave off 125 points with that.
>>
>>46496531
It is now, Forge World makes it.
>>
>>46496531
Also Quirks AL are metallic crimson fists, but I like their videos, it's kinda like some dudes at your LGS made videos, I like that
>>
>>46496552
guess they didnt get the memo. shits laughable, they have a huge salamander army, and a sons of horus army painted the exact same color.

if they did a batrep against each other you wouldnt even be able to tell whos who.

>>46496558
steves IW are too shiny too, they are like grey knights.
>>
File: sons of horus.jpg (38 KB, 600x620) Image search: [Google]
sons of horus.jpg
38 KB, 600x620
>>46496531
>>46496552
So this is made with the SoH paint? Surely it would be slightly harder, but possible, to make it? I swear a company did a colour similar to this as well.
>>
>>46494651
Winters SEO and Geeks 40k are probably the best for fluffy, well painted and balanced battle reports that don't last for hours. Tabletop Tactics if you want to learn the meta and rules also have great banter and well painted models.

Striking Scorpion is probably the original high production value battle report channel but the actual battle reports are usually slow, one sided and the narrative approach gets lost in the players gloating. Used to have flavoursome armies but has fallen to powercreep.

If you're looking for nids go to Striking Scorpion and Tabletop Tactics.
>>
>>46496592
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayiA0miLrSw
heres MWGs SoH for comparison

kek
>>
>>46496592
Lots of companies do.
Its a sea green.
>>
>>46496641
It's a nice clean Salamanders scheme alright, but not SoH.
>>
>>46496641
Yes. That is defo Salamander. It's not bad though. But any professional company should have mixed a fucking colour for SoH. Vajelo as I said do one I think.

>>46496647
Then no excuse if they're dropping big bux on it.
>>
How does BS 6 plus Twin-Linked work?
>>
>>46496701
BS6 and above grants you a form of "re-roll" that isn't one at the same time. It's still 2+ to hit as 1s are always a failure, but if you get a 1, you get your BS-granted re-roll of a 6+. If you fail that, your twin-linking ability allows you to repeat the whole process. First a 2+ and a 6+ if you miss that again.

As you can imagine, its not very useful.
>>
>>46496701
It's in the Brb.
>>
>>46496715
You can't reroll a reroll.
Bs 6 will let you hit on a 6 if you miss, proper TWL is a second try.
>>
>>46496715
You're wrong. BS6+ is a reroll and you cant reroll a reroll. So having BS6+ is wasted if you are twinlinked.
>>
>>46496701
Roll a dice
Result is 1
You now choose if you want to use your twin-linked re-roll or your BS6 re-roll.

Obviously you pick the twin-linked so you're still hitting on 2's instead of 6's.

Can only re-roll each dice once.
>>
>>46496752
Unless you are firing twin-linked blasts.
>>
>>46496757
>>46496752
>>46496744
Well, I'll be fucked. I thought it was like FnP in that it gives you something extra. I always thought the BS6+ re-roll was just a way to counter the limitation of using a 6-sided die with values that go over 6. Didn't think it counted as a re-roll.

Fair enough, thanks for clearing that up.
>>
File: Capture.png (75 KB, 593x447) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
75 KB, 593x447
>>46496701
>>46496721
>>
>>46496785
Never found it weird why Tau don't mega boost their Twin-Linked units instead of only going to BS5 if that was the case
>>
>>46496922
No cause I never played against Tau in my meta. There's only 3 people that do. Two dickheads who stay in a different club and run full cheese and me, who plays footslogging infantry stealth/sniping casual lists.

But I always thought that people stopped because "eh, BS5 is enough, no need to complicate shit". Plus if you go beyond BS5, you don't get a good chance to hit until Bs8, so there's like a 3 point gap I thought people saw as a deadzone of sorts.

You live and learn!
>>
>>46496922
Well, assuming they use Co-ord fire from a hunter contingent, most units will only be at BS4 and will need at least 4 markerlights in order to get a reroll worth using (4+)

considering you could just remove cover and boost your BS by 1 for 3 markers, it's generaly a better option.

not to mention tau players never bring enough markers IMO
>>
>>46496970
How many markers is enough in your opinion?

I bring.. 8 BS5 and 9 BS3 and 1 Networked BS3.
>>
>>46497030
For a 2000 pt game I bring twenty nine.

6 Pathfinder teams (3 of which have infiltrate and shrouded thanks to a formation)

markerlights in my four firewarrior squads, plus the one from a fireblade.

which brings it up to 29. fluff wise my army doesn't use vehicles so most of the markerlights get spent on the broadsides, but the firewarriors and kroot snipers can make effective use of them too. For the same points however, you could drop the kroot/vespids and take the formation that has three skyrays, giving you around 30 seeker missiles.
>>
>>46493189

Without the formation? Yeah. With WS5 though they actually do their job assuming you can get them in.
>>
>>46497056
Holy shit that's crazy. But sweet, Kinda sorta myself. My main source is my 5-man pathfinder "spotter" team (the other 5 are in a sniper team with darkstrider) and 6 marker drones attached to a commander. then its my fireblade, stealthsuit Shas'vres and the remora drone. Granted I only use the fireblade and stealthsuit markerlights if I REALLY need to or guns aren't in range.

I play 1500, but considering my few units, I don't really need any more markerlights. I might have too many for my use, actually.
>>
>>46496641
This is why I play Luna Wolves. You can't go wrong with Black and White. And if the white streaks, all you need to do is Nuln Oil that sucker and it gives a nice dirty effect.
>>
>>46497056
I didn't know kroot could use markerlight boosts.
Though it was only true tau units.
>>
>>46497532
Weren't they grey and black?
>>
>>46497548
It states any unit with the Tau Empire faction can use it. Which mean both Kroot and Vespid can, but not allied units
>>
File: Luna_Wolves_Mk_III.jpg (180 KB, 523x881) Image search: [Google]
Luna_Wolves_Mk_III.jpg
180 KB, 523x881
>>46497557
Well, it's an exceedingly light grey. I based my army's colour-scheme off this picture.
>>
>>46497787
Yeah.
Almost silvery white.
Like the moon.
Just got that now.
>>
File: image.png (444 KB, 400x585) Image search: [Google]
image.png
444 KB, 400x585
>>46497908
They did get that name for attacking the moon.
>>
File: 1453514280433.jpg (85 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
1453514280433.jpg
85 KB, 500x400
>>46495596
>>
File: image.jpg (3 MB, 1824x1226) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 MB, 1824x1226
>>46496198
Think older.
>>
>>46495042
By chopping through them with a chain sword, or by setting a reactor to overload?
>>
>>46494494
Ah, no it's fine, was just wondering why.
>>
>>46496466
You mean all the shit you get by going to a gamestore anyway? At least they do decent editing for their battle reports.
>>
The Ultranids thread got archived. A shame, I thought it was hilarious.
>>
>>46481258
What would you wanted from the Sorcerer Coven?
>>
My second game and my opponent brings 1500 to a 1000 game. Bastardized tried to play it off too.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 49

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.