[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's your current campaign like? Pic related.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 27
File: 1450768441097.jpg (105 KB, 861x960) Image search: [Google]
1450768441097.jpg
105 KB, 861x960
What's your current campaign like?

Pic related.
>>
File: kill me snake, DO IT NAO.png (389 KB, 596x416) Image search: [Google]
kill me snake, DO IT NAO.png
389 KB, 596x416
>>
File: mood killer.jpg (47 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
mood killer.jpg
47 KB, 720x480
>>
File: Fates.jpg (150 KB, 1200x630) Image search: [Google]
Fates.jpg
150 KB, 1200x630
>>46472560
Not gonna lie, pretty much this sans anime bullshit.
Obviously, it's now completely unrecognizable.
>>
File: Minimum Wage Dragonslayer.jpg (85 KB, 840x623) Image search: [Google]
Minimum Wage Dragonslayer.jpg
85 KB, 840x623
>>
File: The PCs were here.jpg (40 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
The PCs were here.jpg
40 KB, 640x480
>>
File: 2014-01-13-endtown-01-13-2014.gif (274 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
2014-01-13-endtown-01-13-2014.gif
274 KB, 1200x1200
>>46472560

Mistakes are made and people are getting hurt. It's awesome!
>>
File: merrymen.jpg (32 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
merrymen.jpg
32 KB, 640x480
>>
>>46472560
Everyone's a consumate professional but deep down we want to go on a ill-prepared death defying adventure where the odds are against us and wealth and glory lie in store.
System is eclipse phase, we play freelancers not affiliated to Firewall and less powerfull.
>>
>>46472560
The short version:
>ANON'S CHARACTER FUCKS EVERYTHING UP!

The long version:
Our party is basically a group of bounty hunters. My character joined up because a few years back, a certain criminal organization made her mentor disappear (probably to steal research on various magical sciences and projects he was working on). My character is basically the group mage, focused on support magic and disabling enemy magic. She is... not a very good fighter herself, both mechanically and personality-wise. Generally she lets the rest of the group do the stuff that takes... "resolve" or a strong stomach.

Anyway, awhile back, the GM threw us a lead that could lead to more information on my character's mentor but it involved doing some dangerous and illegal things in return... and we were short players that night... so I decided this session my character was going to go off on her own (as to not drag the rest of the group into it) and pursue this lead.

Needless to say, it went like you probably expected. She failed spectacularly and almost got herself killed. She managed to get away in the end... but the ego damage of chasing this for the last couple of years and then FAILING as soon as she gets an actual lead is eating her up inside, and of course the rest of the party can tell it's happening, even if they don't know why and she refuses to tell them.

So yeah, angst and feeling like a failure. It sounds so bad when I put it like that... but meh, I've got a good group, and the rest of the party will shake her out of it as soon as they figure it out. They'll probably even want to help, despite it having nothing to do with them, because the group is almost like a family at this point (which ironically was why she didn't want them involved to begin with).
>>
File: HP system.gif (2 MB, 427x179) Image search: [Google]
HP system.gif
2 MB, 427x179
Our D&D 5e campaign has been quite brutal for us lately.
>>
>>46472560
arl and magnus are surronded by eldar guardians that want to kills them...and we forgot our experimental weaponry...
>>
File: tumblr_nv4d31x2mX1rmerh9o1_500.jpg (155 KB, 500x748) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nv4d31x2mX1rmerh9o1_500.jpg
155 KB, 500x748
>>
File: wabbit season.jpg (52 KB, 412x350) Image search: [Google]
wabbit season.jpg
52 KB, 412x350
A new player joined our long-running campaign and decided to bring furry erp into it.
It turned out exactly as you would imagine.
>>
Post-apoc vehicle oriented game. Group is split, one half currently fleeing from the other half over a betrayal. I'm on the *probable* losing side because I did the stupid thing and went with what I thought was morally correct.
>>
File: image.gif (58 KB, 595x897) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
58 KB, 595x897
Both campaigns.
>>
Cthulhu monster hunter Sigil post-death+rebirth of the universe, maybe? Lady of Pain fucked off at some point and now we are running around in a world where an advanced civ died but left some tech behind.

Now to wait for my DM to see this.
>>
A bit of a cluster because the GM is still learning the ropes, but I'm hopeful that it's going somewhere. We may have accidentally a whole major NPC.
>>
The party were members of a retinue for a Legate in not-Rome. We were to collect tributes from barbarian tribes we whooped decades earlier when we were betrayed. The party escaped the massacre with knowledge of a conspiracy within the Empire against the Empress and Senate involving a Circle of Druids and the fey. We're currently being hunted down by a group of wolf totem barbarians.
>>
Full party of Primary Casters is hard.
>>
File: Out of Spell Slots.jpg (413 KB, 900x971) Image search: [Google]
Out of Spell Slots.jpg
413 KB, 900x971
>>46477459
>>
>>46477299
This isn't homestuck, but I always enjoy a homestuck running gag
>>
>>46477508

but anon, you're not allowed to like Tumblr things they all have cooties

Pic related, it's the campaign I'm currently running.
>>
We decided to have an evil campaign as Pirates plaguing the Lapis Ocean from Not-Polynesia all the way to Not-Caribbean.

As we were deciding on our characters the idea of playing aquatic races was brought up to help void drowning and dirty tricks we could pull. One thing led to another and before long we all decided on Mermaids who hunt Pirates.
It's still an evil campaign though as we channel our inner sirens and continue to rack up quite a hefty body, and ship, count.

We even keep all the skulls.
>>
The Kingdom is getting ass-blasted by a terrible plague. The usual solutions(healing magic, insane medieval surgery, burning everyone, whipping yourself till the gods spare you) aren't working at all. worryingly, the plague only seems to effect humans, elves and their assorted sub-species. The orcs are consequently going on a murder-rampage through the countryside while the Royal army rot in their armour.

The Party are a group originally hired by a local lord to try and find out why this is happening and also to discover a cure.

I say "originally" because we've since been recruited by the plague god to help discover a way to spread the disease to other races(principally the orcs and dwarves) so that the world can be saved from becoming an eternal battleground in the name of progress. In return for our help, we have been granted immunity to the plague and will ensure that our respective races survive in part to see the better world that will follow on after this one.
>>
File: S3ObUUq.gif (61 KB, 365x505) Image search: [Google]
S3ObUUq.gif
61 KB, 365x505
Nobody has any ranks in survival, and most of us have negative WIS.
>>
File: 9slZ3.png (282 KB, 778x679) Image search: [Google]
9slZ3.png
282 KB, 778x679
And this is why you never make a group of nothing but catfolk bard as a joke.
>>
The party is beginning to split on what to do with an npc macguffin. Last session they also attracted the attention of two factions after said Macguffin and are leading one directly back to camp, where a third faction the party loosely allied with is going to be pissed.
>>
>>46472560
I found this image in the file name thread and yeap, that's pretty spot on. He recently was charmed and converted by a vampire though, so I wonder if he'll try to push through it thinking about his dead wife or if he'll just succumb and forget all about his family.
>>
>>46478095
That sounds both hilarious and painful, my condolences. If any of them tries learning the Shishi Hokodan you've found the edgelord.
>>
My campaign that I was playing in just ended. I had a traveling merchant who has made a deal with a demon to get fighting prowess to defend himself. He was a hopeless womanizer who ended making a deal with Orcus to go his realm after death so that he could spend an eternity with his dead waifu (a banshee that had been put to rest).
>>
File: where the hell am I now.png (1 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
where the hell am I now.png
1 MB, 960x540
>>46479130
It makes the DMs job of keeping us on the rails rather easy.
>>
Magical girl campaign.
Stopping the monster has taken backseat to simply ensuring no one is harmed and that we don't end up causing to much collateral.

First we had to make sure our fights were outside.
Now we've started to abstract the distances involved even further.
Though makes it more like an anime now where distances and exact locations only matter when we strive for realism. Otherwise everything is motion lines and artistic license.
>>
File: shit.gif (982 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
shit.gif
982 KB, 500x281
you ever been in a 12 person dnd campaign before
>>
File: 1411333084382.gif (2 MB, 599x334) Image search: [Google]
1411333084382.gif
2 MB, 599x334
>>46481238
we got 7 and thats a hand full already
>mfw scheduling is a nightmare
>>
>>46481238
Eight is the largest it's ever gotten with my friends.
Combat takes forever and sometime it'll be months between sessions just to get a date everyone is happy with but we make it work.

It helps that it was only intended to be a short thing and it'll be wrapping up in the next session or two.
>>
I'm playing a Game of Thrones.

The Verenean Priest is playing Hide and Go Seek with Sigmarites.

The Norscan Whaler is playing DOOM. The Elven Pirate Captain is also playing DOOM, with some drinking games involved.

The Hedge Wizard is a fucking mess between getting a sentient tumour mutation and constantly fucking up his apothecary rolls for making potions and poultices. I don't even know what to compare this guy to.
>>
>What game we picked
The Witcher
>What we wanted to play
GURPS Low Fantasy without the shitload of rules for magic
>What we are playing
Rogue Trader: Medieval Edition
>>
>>46481238
Yes. It was a clusterfuck of forgetting rules, not paying attention, and stories upon stories interfering with each other. The gm was always at least an hour late.

Had such a good time I kept up in the hobby, but the largest I've done since was...7 I think?
>>
>>46472560
Well out of a party of 7 five of us were killed in the last session.
>>
>>46477726
+1 kek
>>
File: 1457680835792.png (228 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1457680835792.png
228 KB, 640x480
>>46472560
The players have broken so many rules. So very, very many.

Fantasy! sweden circa 1650 is going to be getting 2010s technology now, for example. The other fantasy countries on its world are not.
>>
>>46472560
adam sandler no
>>
File: 1458476928714.png (188 KB, 496x692) Image search: [Google]
1458476928714.png
188 KB, 496x692
In short: party ascends to godhood, battles Sun.
>>
>>46481238
>6 is the maximum for me IF people can manage rules by themselfes, everything above will need to split the session in A and B
>>
the dice are pretty much cursed , and i am afraid to even require the players to roll on most things outside combat
>>
>>46473158
Gatecrash, duh.
>>
File: no duh.jpg (23 KB, 640x368) Image search: [Google]
no duh.jpg
23 KB, 640x368
Idiot players forgot that there aren't any casters in the kingdom that can cast greater than 3rd level spells, and consistently rushes the bosses and nearly TPK every session.
>>
>>46473022
Hi Colter.
>>
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 198x285) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 198x285
Kobolds. Kobolds everywhere. We're fucking 8th level and kobolds still show up every fucking session.
>>
>>46472890
Is Europe still EVIL And Japan dindu nuffin?

My game is basically pic related. Except the two not robot girls are actually Clone Troopers, Gene and Jim are one person, and a Davorian gambler just there.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 27

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.