[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the potential viability of War Planets as a TTRPG?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
What is the potential viability of War Planets as a TTRPG?
>>
>>46472353
...is that green-haired chick wearing Saiyan armor?
>>
>>46472353
I remember that show/toy franchise. It has potential.
>>
>>46472353
I used to love those toys! The show was alright.

Anyway, a good system for this would require simple but robust mechanics for politics and social interaction. Combat is a must, but surprisingly not as prominent as you might assume.
>>
>>46472353
Tek best planet.
>>
>>46472353
For some reason this was called Shadow Raiders when I watched it.

It'd be fairly easy, you already have five elemental races(fire, ice, rock, bone, sand) a well as two easily made up groups(tech and water).

Your BBEG could be the shadow planet, one of the ministers, rogues from the prison world or an uppity Royal, depending on what scale you want to go with.

For classes, you could just go with stuff seen on the show (Soldier, beast rider, miner, Royal guard, tech user, assassin) or you could just use a more traditional class set up.

Alternately you could run it like the BSG, Board Game where each of you is a key player in the alliance as you travel through space towards some sort of goal. You work to power up the world engine before the shadow planet catches you. Each time you travel to a new area, you get hit by a random event like an ambush or a food shortage, the game continues until you win or all of your planets are consumed.
>>
>>46472353
The most important thing is to include these glorious fucking bastards.
>>
alot of the show was space jargon to me as a kid but when those world engines fired up, i was fucking hyped
>they were living in thrusters
>>
>>46475049
I always thought the battle-moons were cooler.

I mean yeah, the planets moving was awesome but that was all the work of some mystery alien race.

The Rock people straight-up made the battle moons. They hollowed oout the moons, built a massive habitat on them and then turned them into weapons. That's just fucking cool.
>>
>>46472353
>>46474708
Wow massive nostalgia. Thanks /tg/ gonna relive a bit of my childhood.
>>
>>46472353
Pretty low.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.