[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the hell was WotC thinking with this shit? Who in there
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
File: LRW_logo.png (41 KB, 250x86) Image search: [Google]
LRW_logo.png
41 KB, 250x86
What the hell was WotC thinking with this shit?
Who in there thought it was a good idea?
>>
>>46446509
What are you on about?
Lorwyn was awesome, a nice break from the grimdark edgy shit
>>
>>46446509
>Who in there thought it was a good idea?
A lot of people, and the player base agreed
>>
>>46446509

Go away Maro.
>>
Lorwyn was great. It's a shame we'll never return to it.
>>
>>46448274
>the player base agreed
I have bad news, friend.
>>
>>46449067
Why would maro hate lorwyn? U wasn't broken enough?
>>
>>46449754
I have yet to meet a hater for Lorwyn. It's basically a b- block at the absolute worst
>>
File: 1439177869265.gif (2 MB, 400x250) Image search: [Google]
1439177869265.gif
2 MB, 400x250
>>46449754

Well? What is it?

I mean, aside from you being a shitposter.
>>
>>46451307
The tribal themes didn't go as well as they planned, leading to a very stagnant play environment.

Personally, I think that could have been solved by adding in more tribal 'bridges' like they had in order to better encourage multi-tribal decks.

It's a shame too, because tribal is awesome, and Lorwyn was a really cool place. Neat art, neat fluff, just a really great concept.

It was a very nice change of pace from the typical magic set, though that might also be why there are people who dislike it.
>>
take your garbagio opinions elsewhere plox
>>
>>46446509
>hating on Lorwyn
get out.

>>46449733
Hey, it's better than
>remember your favorite block?
>HA HA TIME FOR ELDRAZI
>>
>>46449733
That might be a good thing.
>>
>>46451307
No walkers allowed meant he couldn't shove Jace in there like he does everywhere else and U took a huge backseat both in mechanics and in fluff.
Of course he detests it.
>>
>>46454540
What are you talking about?
>No walkers allowed
Literally the first set with planeswalkers in it
>U took a huge backseat in mechanics and fluff
Faeries was a deck and Oona was the main antagonist of the story, being the one to split the plane in Lorwyn/Shadowmoor
>>
File: 71.jpg (46 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
71.jpg
46 KB, 312x445
>>46454540
Hurrr
>>
File: Dwynen.jpg (305 KB, 1059x800) Image search: [Google]
Dwynen.jpg
305 KB, 1059x800
>people don't like Lorwyn
>>
>>46446509
I know literally nothing about it, but judging from the logo, is this the Arabian Nights setting?
>>
>>46446509
This is bait.
>>
>>46455293
No. This is "Folklore/Fairy Tale" setting
Arabian Nights was set on Rabiah, which is basically just Earth. Even had Baghdad and Cairo.
>>
File: Doran.jpg (91 KB, 640x645) Image search: [Google]
Doran.jpg
91 KB, 640x645
>it has bright colors and it isn't apocalyptic like Time Spiral, ergo it's shit

Lorwyn was an unfortunate example of players judging a setting by its appearance.

It has some really awesome (and grim) fluff underneath the aesthetics, like the constant pogroms launched by the Elves, Kithkin trying to balance friendliness with self-defense, the Boggart obsession with sensation, the Treefolk swing from friendly dudes to assholes, the Flamekin seeking enlightenment that usually ends with their death, Elementals that are embodiments of prevalent actions and emotions, and the whimsical but mysterious nature of Changelings.
>>
>>46455293
Fairytale land.

It was a four block set, the last two were when it turned into more grimm fairytales.
>>
>>46455515
Also asshole fairies with a batshit insane queen
>>
>>46455515
Lorwyn elementals are god-tier. 10/10 would insert in any of mine donutsteel settings.
>>
>trying this hard to bait /tg/

Son, you should lurk moar.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.