[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is it that good dragons do? The evil ones seem pretty content
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: this dog.jpg (183 KB, 497x500) Image search: [Google]
this dog.jpg
183 KB, 497x500
What is it that good dragons do?
The evil ones seem pretty content with bullying kobolds around and sleeping on big piles of shiny stuff, but what do you do if you're an ancient dragon that's NOT a dick? Read books? Cattle herding? They certainly don't try to get involved in politics.
>>
Good dragon To-Do List:
> Eat some evil creatures or something
> Fight those chromatic bastards
> Protect small villages (?)
> Sleep on a big pile of shiny things
> Finally get around to writing that novel
>>
>>46426998
>good
>dragon

Nah mate. That scaley cunt stole my fucking family jewels.
>>
>>46426998
>what are Chinese Long
>>
>>46426998
Become president.
>>
>>46426998
Depends on the metallic dragon. I know Gold are all about the law, and bronze are good war machines. If you have a bronze dragon on your side then your cause can be seen as good.
>>
>>46426998
>not rooting out political corruption and convincing the greedy swine to clean up their act or face the wrath of a dragon
>not doing detective work
>not setting up a school to take in orphaned Chromatics and show them the path to goodness
>not opening up a BBQ restaurant
>not taking work as a meteorologist

You have so many options!
>>
>>46426998
>They certainly don't try to get involved in politics.
Weren't silver dragons fond of polymorphing and doing just this?
>>
>>46426998
I've got a silver dragon disguised as a blind story teller. He just roams around discussing what was basically ancient history and talking about massive battles like he was there (Which basically he was.). The only person who even knows that this old man isn't human would be the monk in my play group and even then he can't see through the disguise.
>>
>>46428365
This anon gets it!
>>
>>46426998
They usually find something to protect, make friends with the good aligned creatures near it, and then sleep on their shinies like the lazy bastards they are.
>>
>>46428453
>he can't see through the disguise
Neither can the old man.
>>
File: 1348864168626.jpg (47 KB, 576x440) Image search: [Google]
1348864168626.jpg
47 KB, 576x440
>>46428519
>>
>>46426998
Run a banking conglomerate. Seriously, with how long Dragons live, they would make a killing on even very low interest rates. Need money to finance your upcoming summer raids? That ransom overdue for your local barons? Drop by your local Dragon Bank for more info.
>>
>>46428658
That's LE though.
>>
>>46428658
And presumably the good dragons make sure to invest in worthy Good causes?
>>
>>46426998
dragons usually spend their time doing things like making sure rain happens.
Or ensuring the eastern wind continues blowing.
>>
>>46427269
No, Chinese short. Get it right!
>>
>>46428775
only if the dragon uses his banking power for evil. If he offered fair rates, and accommodates people who need help paying it back depending on their circumstances then it wouldn't be evil. Banking is not inherently evil.
If the dragon repos an old womans home because shes late on her first payment hes evil If the dragon has forgiving bankruptcy policy then hes good.
>>
I've got a gold dragon wizard whose basically a meet. Instead of gold, he hoarded books.

He manages the largest library in the world, full of ancient esoteric tomes. The best and rarest he keeps for himself, he trades and lends out more common booms. He's always willing to trade magic items for rare times, or give sage advice. Especially to princesses.

One day, he gonna get himself a princess. And give her le lizard dick
>>
>>46429087
If he Bends his own banking rules and arbitrarily extends the granny's loan, versus the shady businessmen, would that make him more chaotic good?
>>
>>46429494
sure, but he still wouldn't be evil let alone lawful evil.
>>
>>46428365
>>46428471
Yep, 2nd Ed D&D had it right.
That's why Silver > Gold
>>
In my setting, most of them either protect villages from danger or travel the world, seeking out new experiences.
>>
>>46426998
I have a silver dragon whose mere presence is the reason there's not a red dragonborn kingdom where the biggest trade city in the world used to be.
He collects artifacts of power, trains his successor (grandson), backed a group of heroes fighting a Tarrasque, and is currently seeking to find a way to remove a curse placed on a Divine Rank 20 god of the sun by a Divine Rank 21 force of chaos so that said sun god doesn't have to stay in a coma to keep the world's lights on.
>>
>>46426998
>fight evil dragons
>fight evil pirates
>fight evil wizards
>fight evil bandit kings
>raise a family
The same thing good people do, but they're big, scaley, and can fly.
>>
>>46426998

Well some good dragons do some things that help them towards enlightenment or some crap.

Others try to create a benevolent dictatorship, with a goal of elevating humanity to a perfect state, as a hobby. Looking at you Mengkare you gold bastard.
>>
>>46429035
I bet I'm longer than you, gaijin fuck.
>>
>>46428293
>Detective work
Welp. I now know my next campaign, noir dragons.
>>
>>46434490
That is either the stupidest thing I've ever heard, or the greatest thing I've ever heard. I'm going to say it's the latter
>>
File: Fuchur.jpg (38 KB, 430x287) Image search: [Google]
Fuchur.jpg
38 KB, 430x287
>>46426998
Helping the heroes on their quest I'd say. Especially if it's about saving the world.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.