[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How was your prerelease, /tg/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 47
File: IMG_1462.jpg (4 MB, 4608x3456) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1462.jpg
4 MB, 4608x3456
How was your prerelease, /tg/?
>>
File: slash sage.jpg (4 MB, 4608x3456) Image search: [Google]
slash sage.jpg
4 MB, 4608x3456
>>
I went 4-1 and got 6 packs. The packs sucked. My sealed deck sucked. I did not have fun.

Only reason I did 4-1 is because I had a bye and my third round opponent didn't show up.

What the fuck is RW's archetype supposed to even BE? Most of the color combinations have an obvious one. I know a lot of W cards have equipment matters, but R doesn't have anything with that.

I pulled a Nahiri, so hopefully I can cash out.
>>
>>46423653
I made the mistake of not bringing a full set of sleeves. Had to run sleeveless.
>>
>played 3 prereleases so far, opened 100+ euro shekels while payed only 25 shekels because judging the events
Feels good. I don't care about winning. One more 2HG tomorrow.
>>
>>46423207

Got that shitty 4/9 flyer, which imo is terrible for limited.

Got pooped on by Humans, ran Werewolves. No planeswalkers in my deck, 6 Arlin's pulled in other sealed sets.

Zombies did well too. Idfk, they have another tomorrow, but I won't be attending I think. Love the synergies though.
>>
>>46423207
Went 3/0/1, the tie was literally only because my opponent put a necessary kill spell back on top, and then decided to fetch with the defender crow. Turn after, he realized his mistake. I had many keks. Ran R/B good stuff, with Bob's fatter cousin and the double strike wolf. Last game of the day, won by flipping the Land that becomes everything. Was fun as he'll.
>>
How many Vamps in a deck counts as BR Vamps, anyway?
>>
>>46423207

Pulled Arlin and Ghoul in the same pack, went 2-2 because I flooded out 4 times with 17 lands in a 42 card deck. One game, I saw 15 lands and then saw 11.

All in all, pretty shitty and I wish I would've stayed home.
>>
>>46424742
Most of the players who beat me had a good amount of werewolves. The biggest creature I used was Arsonists
>>
Currently 1-0, opened relentless dead and olivia.
I'm playing w/u stuff
>>
Wizards has got to do a better job balancing sealed products. The guy to my left got avacyn stamped Jace sorin and most value Rares and mythic. others got shit on, some people opened so few creatures they couldn't really construct a deck in 2 colors.
I went blue white round 1 and go swamped. The. I replaced blue with green and swept from there on out didn't lose another game. Went 3-1 overall and got five packs only one mythic from 17 packs and it was mind rack demon.
I played the second prerelease and got land flooded in round 1 so before I tilted I just dropped and came home because I was kinda of tired of playing and didn't want to play against someone and make them feel bad cause salt
>>
So what was the most under-rated card as far as you can tell up to this point?
>>
>>46424952
Westvale abbey and the guy who basically has landfall investigate and when you save a clue he gets +1+1
>>
>>46424952
Stensia masquerade really warps combat to a rediculous degree.
>>
Annoys me how BR seems to be the best color combo in Limited most times I've seen Limited.
>>
>>46425108
Wx was stomping at our shop today
>>
File: Image.ashx.png (113 KB, 223x311) Image search: [Google]
Image.ashx.png
113 KB, 223x311
>>46424952
My personal underrated card is pic related.
It looks terrible but it's actually really, really good.
>>
>>46425163
Only guy I won 2-0 against was using white.
>>
>>46425201
Some black guy at our shop was playing like straight control with this and other discard spells and he would kill your creatures and counter them until he played the card that put however many zombies into played based on how many instants and sorceries. It was pretty sweet
>>
>>46425229
Can't win em all
>>
File: e2a.jpg (47 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
e2a.jpg
47 KB, 500x500
I got Avacyn as my promo.

Round 2 I felt really bad for my opponent. We ran the same colors of Selesnya, but he pulled shitty hands so I beat him both rounds.

On the slip, when asked to drop, he wrote in all caps "YES".

I legit felt bad for him, but didn't wanna say anything cause it'd feel like patronising him.
>>
File: IMG_20160402_213303.jpg (673 KB, 1372x1200) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160402_213303.jpg
673 KB, 1372x1200
>>46423207
Chicago, reporting in
>>
Friend just told me he went 4-0 with GW and no bombs.
>>
Me and a buddy played the 2hg event st our store, only since its easy wins against the couples thst decide to mtg once every two months. We went 3-1 and only lost our first round by missing our delerium trigger to gsin trample, letting them survive by one point of health. We only worked it out after surrendering and they opened there packs. My buddy has a hsbit of giving me the vslue packs whenever he gets them and i got a foil seasons pass and the shitty mythic hydra in the one pack. Friend got arlinn cord in another in our last game.

Overall thought this limited was fantastic to play. White with anything was strong, with green had the clues and lots of +1 counters, with black had the exile effect, a lot of removal and flying creatures. The 4/9 angel is terrible in limited, it just sits on defense. The ground clogs up fast in 2hg so flying or skulk with oldric can win games easy. Overall would recommend playing draft this set.
>>
A guy pulled 4 Startled Awake and a bunch of mill cards, went 5-0 playing only lands, draw and slowdown stuff
>>
>>46425544
Top cards for our night, were under the floorboards, bygone bishop, the werewolf that draws cards, skin invasion, the 4/5 vanills wolf and any white creature that can exile itself in the graveyard for spirits
>>
>>46425614
>A guy pulled 4 Startled Awake

Literally what. As a judge I'd be VERY suspicious of someone pulling FOUR of the same mythic flip card.
>>
of the five games I only won one game 2-0 tied the next three due to time and lost the last game 1-2 (due to consistent shit draws and mulliganing to 3 to even get a basic).

Werewolves still shit except for early drops and occasional late drops in sealed and draft as expected, set oozes with flavor, fun, and value; tons of outstanding uncommons and commons. Even the janky rare trash can lead to some fun decks. Watch the fuck out for Rabid Bite. It gives green riskless cheap spot removal. What the fucking fuck.

Overall, this set is looking to be a split 8/10. Good job WotC.

Pulls where:
Avacyn (promo)
Thing in the Ice
Nahiri
Flameblade Angel
Corrupted Grafstone
Drownyard Temple
Triskaidekaphobia
Brain in a Jar

Traded 2 blue clue focused uncommons (can't remember the name or effect) and a common for:
Elusive Tormentor
Scourge Wolf

Over all I'd say some solid pulls. Haven't played since the disappointment that was Zen2, but man does Inn2 look great. Can't wait to see how they fuck it all up in moon.
Bit bummed Thing is going for as high as it is right now. Just wanted to make a janky kitchen table deck with it and hexmages.

Rate my pulls mates.
>>
>>46425727
Better than mine. Fuck you.
>>
File: SanitariumSkeleton.jpg (56 KB, 223x311) Image search: [Google]
SanitariumSkeleton.jpg
56 KB, 223x311
BR Vamps was cray with pic related and Call the Bloodline
>>
In my Friday midnight flight I went 3-1 with a UR unblockable/flying/skulk/prowess deck 12 creatures 12 spells of which three were the doublestrike buffer. Had a Wolf of Devils Breech but never drew it most matches were won by either Niblis or Uninvited geist with the doublestrike instant and the only rare I ran which was a slayer's plate. Match I lost a guy topdecked three sleep paralysis and an angelic purge. Next game I flooded for 6 turns before drawing a spell but at that point to board was gummed up with ground guys and I drew no magmatic chasm to push through.

Next Flight I pulled promo Arlinn Kord. Deck was powerful but slow because I had few werewolves no flash anthem and a lot of clue synergies. First round went to time. Second round I got shit-stomped by low to the ground GW double striking humans. Third round I won immediately because someone played the Castigator and then domed with fiery tempers and Avacyn's Forked bolt. (Don't play that card it's shit)
Fourth round I won 2-0 nothing worth mentioning they had to mull to 5 both games and were on the play.

Third flight I went WB because I had no creatures in other colours I had 12 blue spells somehow. I had no WB removal so I had to splash red for 2x Inner Struggle and a Burn from Within. First two rounds were a shitstomp with the value creatures 1x NH Chaplain, 2x DL Cathar, 2x GC Apprentice.
Third round played some faggot with promo Avacyn who flashed it in turn 5 both games and protected it with the indestructible instant both games. It felt unfair. Final match was against my friend whose shitty deck I had fixed earlier. Was too low to the ground and fast for me to deal with. Good job him/me.
>>
>>46426086
Set is pretty good, early impression is that Khans was much better for limited depth thanks to morph and agency in drafting. To a degree you don't have to think in SoI because while there are synergies you largely ignore them if it would lead to you playing bad cards because too many of the enablers are at uncommon and so critical to their strategy that you need multiples. I think Wizards have fucked up quite badly with rarity balance. I also have a playset of Corrupted Grafstones...

On a different note: what were prize structures like with everyone else's stores? In the past the ones I went to awarded 2 boosters per win. But this one had some cancerous swiss structure where top only got 5 and bottom half get 1. I thought Wizards essentially give them all the prize packs they need, so does this mean the 2 pack per win store is generous
>>
Pulled an Arlinn, I'm happy. I got some other moderate rares/mythics. Nothing awful, nothing tremendous. My promo was the Wolf of Devil's Breach, which I thought was awful at first, but actually proved to be a real winner in clearing boards.

Hands down the MVP of the day was Tireless Tracker. Got me so much card draw and so much damage.
>>
>>46426198
Ideally I think as long as you get a win, you should get a pack.
My old shop did this and the payout for 1-3 was still great while 4-8 was a touch less, but still decent.
>>
>>46426198
> is generous
and further supplement their free supply with their own stock, or did the one I attended jew the players and keep the prize stock to open for singles they aren't paying for?
>>
>>46426207

Oh, I also forgot: runner up for MVP was Town Messenger. Brilliant turn 1 drop.
>>
>>46426198
At our store we now give every player two booster packs regardless of how they played. We give out old promo cards according to standings.
At our midnight prerelease we had a very steep curve, though. 22 players, the first place got 14 packs. 5 to 10 got only one pack, the rest nothing. 2 to 4 got five to three packs.
>>
>>46426198
Our store does 2 packs a win. Your store sounds like its run by gypsies
>>
>>46426244
Maybe the prereleases have tiered store allocation like the MMA and EMA releases do.
Pretty lame either way, I think I'll just make the longer trip to the store that doesn't have lame prize support.
>>
Went 2/1/1 with a B/U skulk deck. Won 6 pack, pulled no mythics across all 12 packs. Not that pissed though, apart from the planeswalkers, the mythics are pretty trash. Funnily enough, only did one digital draft with my mates, pulled Nahiri (that bitch) and Avacyn
>>
Mine went very well, got a pre-release Relentless Dead so I'm ahead just with that. Went 2-1 and lost to that Triskaidekaphobia card in the last game lel

I did a Red/Black list, as it seems everyone else did. The deck is just so powerful with the Lightning Axe/Fiery Temper combo and everything else is slow in comparison. It also helps that Madness is easily the most pushed mechanic of the set.

-Twins of Maurer Estate (a 3/5 is hard to deal with in this format unless you're red)
-Vessel of Malignity (4 mana to exile two cards is back-breaking to your opponent)
>>
>>46426198
Our store does top 16, but the top 2 getting a box and it goes down from there. I was like in the 6-7-8 bracket and got 6 packs. My friend went 3-2 and got 3 packs.
>>
Went UW humans with Odric and Jace
got steamrolled
>>
So is madness shit going to tank? I really want to pick up a fat Chandra for Standard Superfriends, but I don't want to pay $25 for her.
>>
>>46427022
I got steamrolled by a guy with Odric + flying + vigilance + lifelink + indestructible + hexproof + haste + skulk + first strike.
I was amazed and devastated at the same time.
>>
File: CfDWZgVVIAADwU9.jpg (45 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
CfDWZgVVIAADwU9.jpg
45 KB, 640x360
>>46423207
Singapore here
>>
Went 2-2 with BR. Didn't really pull anything great except for Avacyn's Judgement, which won me two games. Besides that I didn't really have any game winning bombs and had to rely entirely on value with madness and using an aggressive curve.

First match was against a UW deck that was just too slow, plus I had great draws. Avacyn's Judgement won me both games.

Second match was against RG werewolves. First game was close but I ran out of steam when I had 15 LP to his 3 and then he took me out. 2nd game I got stomped due to mana screw.

Third match was intense. Opponent was BG and I shredded him quickly in the first game. Got him down into burn range the next two games but that damn 2/5 spider kept cockblocking me plus I couldn't draw any of my burns (or a madness activator for Avacyn's Judgement).

4th Match was against another BR deck. This one was fairly tense since his cards were generally stronger than mine, but his curve was off and I was able to take the board rather quickly in both games. Game 1 was a stomp, game 2 he got me down to 8 before I finished him. Overall the fastest game, was over in maybe 10 minutes.
>>
File: Image (6).png (130 KB, 223x311) Image search: [Google]
Image (6).png
130 KB, 223x311
It was fun but I was really fucking bad at the game since its the first time I played in years.

Went 1-2, there would ahve been a 4th match but enough people dropped to call it early.

Played w/r, but I had no real killer cards for it or anything. Burn from within earned me the victories I did get, so I am glad for that. Pic related was also really good

I do feel a little bad at killing someone for 9 damage when he had 1 life left
But he would have won next round if I didn't and I wanted to make sure he died and couldn't clue shenanigan his way out of it
>>
First flight had insane pool, promo avacyn, avacyns judgement, the delirium wrath, two heirs to falkenwrath, fiery impulse, his as summoning. RB madness got there. Even won round 3 against a nahiri by making my opponent deck himself with the elder that forces you to draw if you casts spells during his turn. Nothing exceptional from the pool other than avacyn and Thing in the Ice.

Second pool was utter garbage, went 0-2 and dropped.

Most underrated card I would vote for Skeleton Key. Skulk is amazing, especially on fliers and repeatable madness triggers in colors works wonders
>>
A picture of me opening my Avacyn got picked up on twitter and I look like shit in it, so that was a pretty lousy time for me. Otherwise it was fun, although I went 1-3.
>>
It went well. My first prerelease in a long time since the Return to Iceage or whatever it was called.

Pulled nothing amazing but my mass of little humans and human tokens was hard to be stopped.
>>
Elusive Tormentor is unbearable in limited. Went 6-0 and won the prerelease using just 1 and a bunch of removal. The last match was against a undefeated guy who also pulled a Tormentor. Whoever played their Tormentor first won.
It is totally and completely busted. It feels exactly like Packrat, you just hold cards to discard and you can never lose. There is no card in the set that interacts with it and it even carries equipment. It ridiculous that it's a rare.
>>
my first time going to a prerelease I went 3-1-1 with GR werewolves (tie because during the first match we took too long, it was 1-1)

won 6 boosters, pulled two of those revealed lands, taimyos journal.... I honestly could do a clue werewolves/human deck if I had that one card that kept giving tokens
>>
my favorite part of the game was swinging for 24 damage trample (with one creature) because that stupid ass angel doubled damage....

ember eye wolf seemed pretty underestimated for limited, flameblade angel is a beast btw
>>
Going to mine tomorrow with 2 friends from my group. Hopefully I better than the ogw prerelease
>>
My promo was foil arlinn kord. It was a nightmare playing and flipping her while in the sleeve because I tried not to touch it too much.
>>
>>46428057
>not keeping it in the packaging just and using one of those cards to mark it

shit nigger what are you doing
>>
>>46423207
stopped going to that faggotry ever since you stopped starting with packs and they started providing sealed decks carefully crafted to be shitty and unbalanced.
>>
>>46428120
It's just 6 packs again and a random promo from among the rares and mythics in the set.
>>
File: latest.jpg (199 KB, 675x506) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
199 KB, 675x506
>>46425201

>Stern Constable

Didn't I tell you not to call me that? I'm the Chief of Security!
>>
>>46424951
>wizards has got to do a better job at making random packs less random
Please stop posting
>>
Zombies are fucking brutal. That is all.
>>
I pulled an avacyn and went 1-2
>>
>>46428359
scrub
>>
File: Danktouch.png (161 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
Danktouch.png
161 KB, 265x370
Went to only event today. From my 5 packs I pulled:

Pepe
Jace
Demon Land
Anguished Unmaking
Promo was Olivia

Sold the Olivia and the Pepe since he betrayed me on the rounds, never drew him on my 4 games.

Also everyone was hoarding Avacyn's. How much you think she will cost once the dust settles?
>>
Got sigarda, went g/w with loads of fatties and removal. Duskwatch recruiter and investigators made the deck play smoothly and minimized the dangers of flood. Easy 3-0, won On a mull to 4 and a mull to 5.

Green just seems really strong. The werewolves it has are just over the top. Having 2 of the 3/4 ones meant that the 5/6 just took over every game.
>>
Biggest limited surprise was Tamiyo's journal. Incredibly good. Find answers every three turns minimum every turn in a clue deck. Busted beyond belief.
>>
>>46428937
Whaaaat? I was ticked when I got one of those at the prerelease. It's already 5 mana and then 2 to sac a clue. I also got a stupid Altered Ego...
>>
>>46428937
Just glad Tamiyo's journal isn't a non-legendary.

One of my opponents cracked jace and Tamiyo's journal. I wasn't even mad so much as surprised.
>>
>>46428937
clue is a blast, got to 140 life with a playset of graf moles.
>>
So what exactly is wrong with Innistrad? Has anyone figured it out yet?
>>
>>46429202
Phyrexia
>>
>>46429202
Ermerkuul
>>
what do you guys think is going to be the $$$ card of the set? As in expensive after it rotates out of standard?

I'm guessing Diregraf colossus and Relentless dead

additionally, this set is weird for sealed. it's so slow and it's really hard to make the cards work well with each other. SoI definitely seems like theros in that it feels more like a supplementary set than a set to be played on its own
>>
>>46429279
Avakin for sure. She's a card normies and others will want. But I agree with you, especially on some mechanicslikes werewolves.
>>
>tfw people got hyped for thing in the ice but then realized it isnt anywhere near as good as people thought
>>
>>46429384
it obviously was gonna be shit in limited. you cannot say its bad until people try it in a deck full of cantrips and counterspells
>>
>>46429384
>Not going to be using subtype -whatever/Horror-

One of us will be expected to be left among the wreckage brother.
>>
>>46423207
Well, I won a game with a Skin Shedder that was enchanted with a Skin Invasion. So that was nice.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 2448x2840) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 2448x2840
Went to my noon prerelease. Made a BR Madness deck with a splash of blue for a Startled Awake. I lost my first round, fixed my deck a little and come out on top for the next two rounds and lost my last round. Highlights included having two Sin Prodders out while all my opponent could do is groan in frustration and Geistblasting the Startled Awake to make a dude mill 26 cards. Even though I only went 2-2 I had a lot of fun and I'm happy with my pulls.
>>
Can someone tell me what a "zombie spell" is? Is it like gisa's bidding where I summon zombies but its a sorcery? Or is it a creature zombie summon? Need clarification for diregraf colossus.
>>
File: 16543743864.png (3 MB, 1265x972) Image search: [Google]
16543743864.png
3 MB, 1265x972
It went pretty fucking great. I also got Nahiri from the midnight release. Funny thing. The guy who opened my packs was pretty new and when he said he opened Jace i was pretty damn happy. Then when i was making a deck with my cards i notice the Avacyn just laying there and im like what the hell how lucky can i get
>>
I had a pretty mediocre pool with Wolf of Devil's Breach and Ever After being the only stand out cards and Scourge Wolf as a promo.

Ended up going R/W aggro because it had some decent cards and none of my colors had strong removal. The best card in my deck was Magmatic Chasm cause I never saw the mythic wolf I opened.

The deck was really fast though, won my last game on t6 with a Devilthorn Fox that did 24 damage by itself with Gryff's Blessing and Slayers Plate.
>>
>>46429584
If it has a mana cost and has "zombie" in it's type-line, then it's a zombie spell.

Anything with a mana cost is a spell when it's being cast and is on the stack. Instants and Sorceries are just specific *kinds* of spells.
>>
>>46429669
Thanks brewing some U/B zombies that abuse Geralf's Masterpiece and Prized Amalgam abilities.
>>
Not very notable because i dont play Magic the gathering.
>>
Went 2-2 with B/W tokens. Lots of zombies and spirits. Only pulls I actually like are my foil Anguished Unmaking and Westvale Abbey (very fun card).
>>
Pulled like crap; two lands, mill mythic and green sorcery EDHbait. Made two decks, RW beats and UB millstall, but not nearly enough creatures in any color made for poor builds. Went 2-3, kept getting mana flooded or creature-starved. Still kinda fun, but not impressed so far. Draft ought to be better though. MVP card is the white enchantment that makes one of your dudes indestructible on your combat. One game, I played that and the lifelink 3/1 guy and turned him sideways ten times for the win.

Notably, nearly everyone was playing Wx or RG.
>>
Went 3-1 with BR Vamps, shit synergises so easily, madness out shit without even really trying. Elusive Tormentor basically always wins you the game too.

I didn't play the original Innistrad, so this was my first experience with werewolves, I think besides all the madness on vampires they were my favorite. Would love to draft up a good werewolf deck sometime.
>>
I killed someone with meme-13 card. Was pretty sweet
>>
5-1 with B/G value, got to use all six of my DFC. x2 Accursed Witch over-performed against my already high expectations, that card is actually absurd.
>>
>>46427559
>Most underrated card I would vote for Skeleton Key

holy shit this, the free looting on hit attached to it? won me most of my games

cool combo my opponent pulled on me game 1 that I stole and used every match after: Ember Eye Wolf equipped with Key, skulk in for 1, then pumped after no blocks declared.

Peck away at your opponent and filter your deck while casting dank madness. Too fun.
>>
Do you guys think Ormendahl/westvale abbey's price go down? Will it see play in anything? The best I can think is that it might see some play in EDH
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1529) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2048x1529
>>46423207
I actually got 1st place with Bant cluedo + Werewolves. I still can't believe it.

Amazing pulls too.
>>
>>46431507
Most likely will see standard play in a number of decks. Most of the pros have been raving about the card
>>
>>46425295

Continuing from here now that I finished the night.

It went fantastic. I ended 3-1, and I ran Selesnya aggro too. I'll probably never do so well again, but this I'll definitely cherish.

Avacyn was my promo alone made me work with White as my 1st color. I naturally like Green (pun intended), so I ran with a Green/White deck that was heavy on Humans and lifelink.

I never thought the combo would work, but it miraculously did. Tenacity, Rabid Bite, True-Faith Censer, and Vessel of Nascency did so much work. Rabid Bite was also too funny to use, great flavor text and literally 2-mana spot removal since it's a one-sided fight.
>>
>>46431507
Seems pretty bonkers in Standard desu. He's great in most control decks and anything that uses tokens. Aside from that probably not so much. 5 creatures is a lot and asking for a blowout if your opponent can handle him.
>>
>>46431625

>~x2.5 the file size of another poster's pic
>Still super fuzzy while other pic is crisp as hell despite smaller file size

Shakey camera, senpai? There should be an option on your camera to be anti-shake. I really want to see the effects of your cards, especially the mythics. You seemed to have gotten some really nice pulls.
>>
File: 1.jpg (568 KB, 1500x1125) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
568 KB, 1500x1125
Went 1-3. Paid for myself and a friend. I pulled jack shit while my friend got a stamped Westvale,a regular one, and Olivia Voldaren.

Round 1 went 1-2 Got killed by Triskaidekaphobia twice.

Round 3 went 1-2 Pinged to death by Sin Prodder and getting Avacyn and Ulvenwald Hydra dropped on my face.

Round 3 went 1-2 the reach spider that can block 8 creatures just stopped my deck and he was 2 life from lethal.

Round 4 went 2-0 against a RW. I found out he gets pity packs for placing last every event. I purposely kept bad hands but managed to win anyway.

Tiebreakers ended up giving me the pity packs and I got a Port Town out of em.
>>
>>46426198
In my store you always get a pack for participating, then top 16 or so get two, top 8 nets you 3, second place 4 and first 5.

It all depends on the turnout. On the first prerelease of the weekend first place was as big as 12 packs AND a trophy.

Since I won the last event I got none of that. It's ok tho, shit was still cash.
>>
Went 3-3. I hate Sealed Deck with a passion. I accept that I'm not the best of players but it just seems the luck involved by far outweighs the skill. It's fine for a prerelease where you can have a laugh about it but to some extent it deters me from trying to be competitive in the game because I know I'll face sealed tournaments somewhere down the line.
>>
Pretty average. My packs were average at best, no bombs, no removal at all save for one lightning axe. My pre-release foil was a land (not the good one). Buddy I went with pulled Sorin and Tamiyo's Journal and basically crushed people with Sorin.

Got 3 packs for playing, pulled a Jace.
Was still a good night regardless.
>>
>>46431968
Sealed decks are for casuals to enjoy ripping packs and thus are fine for prereleases. I agree that they shouldn't be part of competitive at all unless everyone works with identical cardpools.
>>
Wen 2-3 with an atrocious GWb pile. Pool was pretty weak (3 showlands in different color combinations and no real bombs). Got stomped by 2x delirium wurm twice, felt a little unfair.

Had a blast though.
>>
File: 20160403_133842.jpg (415 KB, 1328x747) Image search: [Google]
20160403_133842.jpg
415 KB, 1328x747
Im not that good on the game but i can't say no to these pulls.
>>
>>46423207
3-2, didn't pull any of the cards I want from the set but still had lots of fun. They finally managed to make a set where all color pairs feel like they have a fighting chance
>>
What do y'all think of these cards and if their prices will drop:

Arlinn Kord
Relentless Dead
Avacyn
Pepe
>>
Brazilian stores didn't receive the pre-release material in time. It's being postponed to some yet unknown future date.
>>
I did three sessions, got two Brain in a Jar promos and a Sorin promo. He makes up for the other two, sad to get a duplicate promo though.

I don't think I'll use Sorin in standard, he's a slow play. But he screws the game down in standard. Arrives and kills his immediate threat. Then draws cards and grinds your opponent down in subsequent turns.
>>
>>46432914
Shuts down the game in limited, I meant.
>>
>>46432914
Sorin will almost certainly see play in standard. If not now then when OGW rotates out. He's an insane control top end.
>>
File: 20160403_084305.jpg (3 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
20160403_084305.jpg
3 MB, 4128x2322
Went 4-0 with this lovely little combo

The look on peoples faces when I fireball them to 13 was amazing
>>
So someone else who pulled a mythic flip help me here. On your mythic flip card, did you only get the one nonfoil flip, or did you get two? On all the packs I opened card order was commons, uncommons, rare, flip, and then foil if you got one. The only exception was the pack I pulled avacyn, which went commons, uncommons, rare, flip, avacyn, and I'm wondering if I should get buttblasted about wizards fucking up and that should be a foil avacyn.
>>
>>46433165
WotC has stated that it's possible to get 2 nonfoil flip cards at the back of your booster instead of one and that will replace a common slot.
>>
>>46433185

Well there we have it. Thanks anon. Was really just curious.
>>
>>46431968

I played in 3 prereleases for this set and lost a single round to someone with 7 on-color rares (and still came very close to beating him), and 5 prereleases for Oath and lost zero rounds. Maybe you should try to git gud.

I'll admit that draft is more skill-challenging, however.
>>
>>46431734
Yeah, had to take it with my phone. Not that it matters much, they are all in Spanish so odds are you wouldn't understand.

I have a written list of my pulls tho, if you are interested.

>Bygone Bishop (promo)
>Devil's Playground (promo)
>Sage of Ancestral Lore (foil)
>Sigarda, Heron's Grace
>Startled Awake
>Wolf of Devil's Breach
>Seasons Past
>Prized Amalgam
>Second Harvest
>Inexorable Ooze
>Epiphany at the Drownyard
>Rattlechains
>Engulf the Shore
>Thalia's Liutenant
>Forgotten Creation
>Avacyn's Judgement
>Eerie Interlude
>Asylum Visitor
>Nephalia Moondrakes
>2 Showlands (UW & WG)

Nice rite?, I was really looking forward to some of these.
>>
>>46432785
Arlinn is collector material and pretty good, but it'll drop.

Relentless Undead is a textbook example of a chase mythic and will end up being a 50 bucks card if it finds a home. Otherwise it'll stay at around 8-12 bucks because its only a matter of time an amazing zombie tribal deck pops up.

Avacyn will go around 30sh bucks, but will drop for a while until it reaches its minimum right after the GP, when everybody realises how broken she is and thousands of packs are oppened.

Pepe will go up until the GP, when it'll drop fast if it doesn't see Modern play. Next week will be crucial value-wise. If something that could make Dredge return is unbanned it'll spike, otherwise it'll go down. The problem with Pepe is despite being bonkers I don't see it finding a home in a deck. It wouldn't work in Legacy Dredge either.
>>
Pulled a Thing in the Ice promo foil. That's literally the only good card I got. Fuck this RNG shit senpai.
>>
>>46433769
How about the other PWs and Odric?
got a promo Odric and I might stick him into a weenie Commander Deck
>>
>>46433769
>Pepe seeing Modern play

Kek

Literally only commander playable. Not even standard playable due to a lack of fetches.
>>
>>46423207
Went to a midnight release and a normal one after.

First one, I pulled 2 Foreboding Ruins, one of which was foil, Fortified Village, Descend upon the Sinful, the Bishop as my promo and that Red Mythic devil wolf. Went Bant Clues and was the only blue player in the entire 41 player tournament. Ended up going 3-1, ultimately placing sixth, and lost my only 2 matches in the finale against a Rakdos vampire player.

Second release, I pulled Westvale Abbey as my Promo, Arlinn Kord, the green Mythic sorcery and a few junk foils. Placed somewhere in the middle field using the obvious GR wolf shit.

My personal highlights were a 30 minute long game with my Arlinn deck against a BR player using Jace. We both dropped our walkers on turn 6 and beefed it out for ages, until the other guy managed to transform his Abbey into Ohrmendahl and wrecked my face. The other, and much more hilarious, highlight was managing to mill a guy to death using Fleeting Memories in combination with Ulvenwald Mysteries.

Overall MVP of the whole thing was Descend upon the Sinful, though. That card is way better than I ever thought it'd be in a deck with reliable Delirium access.
>>
>>46434029
>matches
Games, I mean.
>>
>>46425244
why does it matter that he was black
>>
File: 1351095141261.jpg (7 KB, 220x229) Image search: [Google]
1351095141261.jpg
7 KB, 220x229
>>46434029

>Board wipes are good in limited
>>
>>46425391
>sin prodder
fuck, I opened a nahiri in my prize packs, but prodder was the only card I really wanted
>>
File: 8644853517_7ceb471f20.jpg (98 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
8644853517_7ceb471f20.jpg
98 KB, 500x375
>>46434101
>Board wipes are good
>>
>>46433133
no one was exiling triskaidekaphobia? seems too risky
>>
File: V_A_L_U_E.jpg (37 KB, 480x432) Image search: [Google]
V_A_L_U_E.jpg
37 KB, 480x432
This was from the prize packs. Sorin was actually a Nahiri that I traded away. Overall, I'm happy, got all the cards I really wanted from the set.
>>
me and my friend decided to start playing mtg about 5 weeks ago. he had played in middle school and i had never played—we each got starter packs and then some boosters.
he's running G/B with lots of low-cost deathtouch creatures. for a while i was running W/G and losing 20-0 pretty consistently, just made a R/B surge with some colorless effects and doing better. it's a really fun game and i'm glad i started playing.
>>
>>46433871
Odric won't see much play as it is, but I wouldn't discard the possibility of him being a sleeper hit sometime in the future, should a legendary matters block. He also is an excellent commander, even if monowhite hurts. I wanted to make an EDH deck with him too.

Nahiri is good. The +2 filters which is handy for White and the -2 is conditional removal that nontheless hits quite a few permanent types, which makes her a good answer to a lot of plays. The ultimate can be quite potent if you run Emrakul and the likes (and is shit otherwise), and since she gains loyalty counters fast it forces the enemy to put offensive pressure the moment Nahiri hits the board, which in turn leaves him vulnerable to Nahiri's -2. You gotta build around her, but she's a huge threat, make no mistake.

Jace is a good curve topper for control and has a stupid good ultimate, but he's too passive until he can use it. Until then he is just a decent draw engine, which just isn't good enough. The -2 is nice, but blue can already do that without spending 5 mana. The biggest problem for this Jace however is that Mind Sculptor and Origins Jace exist, due to Planeswalker uniqueness rules. Mind Sculptor is banned as far as I recall, but I don't see Control using this Jace over Origins in Modern or Standard. Might see quite a bit of Commander play though.

Sorin I like a lot. The +1 is ridiculously good, the -X is handy removal +lifegain and works well with his Ultimate, which also makes him a natural fit in decent decks such as B/W tokens or esper/orzhov control decks as a finisher. Also unlike Jace he actually does shit before finishing off the opponent, dealing potentially lots of damage. Every Commander deck that can run him will do so, specially Oloro decks. In fact, Sorin alone might push Oloro up a notch as a Commander.
>>
File: 1418849324346.jpg (20 KB, 284x285) Image search: [Google]
1418849324346.jpg
20 KB, 284x285
>mfw 6-0 with R/B
16 packs and the only mythics were 2 geralf's masterpiece.
>>
>>46433942
But that's more or less what I said.
>>
>>46434029
I milled 4 guys to death with Startled Awake. It was the greatest feeling ever.
>>
File: catharscompanion.jpg (40 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
catharscompanion.jpg
40 KB, 265x370
>2 pre-releases
>16 prize packs
>only value was thing in the ice and foil thing in the ice

Other than lack of value, this set is really good Did UW and BW control, this set is really nice for control players.

This was my MVP
>>
Went 4-2-1 running G/W humans/werewolves, sadly no Sigarda so it wasn't as good as it could have been. Really it was just kinda janky aggro, and I unfortunately didn't pull any removal whatsoever but a single copy of Clip wings. Somehow still aggro'd my way to 4 wins, but finally lost out in the last two games of the night, dropping me from 3rd to 17th, literally the highest spot to receive no prize support. Promo was Westvale Abbey though, which is pretty cool and won my 2-3 games over the course of the evening.
>>
>>46434101
Did you read the "reliable Delirium access" part and what the card does when it's delirious? Doesn't seem like it.
>>
>Not a single mythic
>Rares in every color
>Manage to make a decent G/R werewolves aggro deck
>Get shat on by people having 9 rares bomb while i'm running only 2 that are nice-ish
>1-4

Worst result in a pre release so far, but I had fun. The deck went fine, but I fought 3 Avacyn, 2 exile-wrath, 2 mindwrack demons, 2 startled awake, 1 nahiri and 2 arlinn kord in total, not counting the rares. I just couldn't compete.

inb4 git gud
>>
Opened always watching twice and it was my mvp both pre releases in w/r "humans" and w/u fliers. White has so many value creatures its insane.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>46423207
Well.
>>
File: 1457992779017.jpg (330 KB, 1240x1221) Image search: [Google]
1457992779017.jpg
330 KB, 1240x1221
>>46434777
And trips too? What more to ask?
>>
This was by far the least interesting sealed format I have played outside of a core set. A lot of games came down to playing dudes and attacking, that's it. Nearly all the good removal is at rare, what the fuck. I barely saw any crazy/fun madness stuff which was lame because it's what I was looking forward to.
>>
Not that well play-wise (1 win, 3 losses) but pulled a foil Olivia (non-prerelease foil) so happy with that at least. She's safely sleeved for the time being.
>>
Won both events I did, pulled the following:
X2 Arlin Kord
X1 Jace
X3 Sin Prodder
X3 Thing In The Ice (one as foil)
X2 Relentless Dead
X1 Sorin

I'd say I did bretty good.
>>
>>46434472

Did you read the "obviously board wipes are good, you fucking mouth-breather" part and where I was face-palming because even a rank amateur could probably identify the mythic rare as being a good card in limited, regardless of whether you have delirium? Doesn't seem like it.
>>
File: DSC_0002.jpg (1 MB, 3104x1746) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0002.jpg
1 MB, 3104x1746
Poland over here
>>
Crushed scrubs like usual. Didn't open much value though, a promo Olivia and a regular Olivia join a foil declaration in stone as probably the only fucking valuable shit I opened in 3 prereleases. Hopefully there's some good shit in my pile of prize packs.
>>
File: 1457792639266s.jpg (2 KB, 105x125) Image search: [Google]
1457792639266s.jpg
2 KB, 105x125
>>46423207
shit pool
got one 20$ zombie
trade was good tho
>>
File: CfDV_5zUAAAAZFQ.jpg (47 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
CfDV_5zUAAAAZFQ.jpg
47 KB, 640x360
>>46435630
I'd open those and sell them week 1 before hype prices drop.
>>
File: 1458255878455.jpg (383 KB, 1305x892) Image search: [Google]
1458255878455.jpg
383 KB, 1305x892
>>
Ran RW even though there isn't exactly a set archetype in those colors. Went 3-1, the first game I actually lost but the guy crushed his ankle in a ski lift the day before and dropped from the event and gave me the win. Second game ran against Jund graveyard shenanigans, which had a fuckload of delirium and delirium enablers, like Gitrog and crawling sensation, and won due to the opponent misplaying really badly the last game. 3rd game I got my shit stomped by BW. 4th game I went up against Another Jund deck but this time there wasn't really any synergy, so I won 2-0. Prize packs had nothing really great to speak of but my promo was Arlinn and I got some other neat stuff that MIGHT see constructed play. I forgot to bring sleeves or money from sleeves and as such I'm as bad as chandere
>>
>>46423207
I got rekt hard, but had fun, first pre-release I ever went and first time after about 8 years that I've played paper magic, will be there again next time and now I've got an actual idea on what I need in my deck.
>>
File: 1454670677984.jpg (34 KB, 480x851) Image search: [Google]
1454670677984.jpg
34 KB, 480x851
Played R/G werewolves of London, but it was pretty shit. Went 1-3, would have been 2-2 if the kid didn't drop Ulvenwald Hydra 2 games in a row. Literally everything else in his deck was investigating white weenies that I mopped the floor with. Got some neato pulls for my EDH deck though (Descend upon the Sinful and Odric). I probably would have done better if I played white and blue, since I literally never play green.
>>
File: IKNOWTHETRUTHANDITISLAMPS.png (276 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
IKNOWTHETRUTHANDITISLAMPS.png
276 KB, 480x480
Best thing got at my prerelease.
>>
I opened an Arlinn Kord as my prerelease promo. When should I sell and how much is it worth?
>>
File: pretty good.jpg (33 KB, 339x425) Image search: [Google]
pretty good.jpg
33 KB, 339x425
Got a Thing in the Ice as my promo card, pulled Cryptlith Rite and Sigarda as my big stompy rares.

Got the shit kicked out of me regardless.

I hope the Thing has value, but I'm not holding my breath.

Good prerelease, 10/10 fun, can't wait to do it all again with EM.
>>
Ok, rules question: Now that transformed cards have the CMC of their front side... do they still contribute to devotion after being flipped?
>>
File: Value train.jpg (2 MB, 3383x1797) Image search: [Google]
Value train.jpg
2 MB, 3383x1797
WREEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>>46437701
No. They have a CMC but no colored mana symbols.
>>
>>46437425

Nice nails buddy.
>>
TFW made about $80 profit from my tourny. Good stuff.

Neonate was my MVP. No one built anything against menace.
>>
Played two events, pulled $16 in cards. No good card pools, lost placement games due to land flooding, in the other I got killed by Triskaidekaphobia twice.

I don't want to play this game anymore.
>>
Newfag here.

How do I quickly liquidate cards?
>>
I had never played magic other than a few games of kitchen table with borrowed decks. I felt that I knew a lot though, from independent research, pouring over spoilers, and, of course, /tg/.

It was 2hg with a friend who used apparently used to play tournaments in Chicago. I had GW, he was UB.
Went 3-1 (second place).
Worst part: Losing because friend was mana screwed. (2 lands in first sixteen cards) Was still a fun game, trying to keep too many humans on field with Uvenwald mysteries.
Best part: Winning against my other friends by alternating playing my two hydras with haunted cloak while UB was engulfing the shores. Three engulfs in total. (they kept bouncing my hydras, which only lead to more lands. Cloak gave haste too...)

Got Arlinn, couldn't play her. I got the fun white/green experience that I had been hoping for. Good times.
>>
I would have loved to got to the prereleases, but I had to learn for an exam tomorrow. Shitty timing.
Well, maybe the next set will be nice too.
>>
>>46438433
Come on, dying to triskaidekaphobia is a badge of honor. You let someone live the dream.
>>
1 anger dropped from 1 pre, was 2nd and 3rd on the two other one. Got a lot of stuff, that warewolf pw, nahiri, relentless dead, thing in the ice, couple of few euro raes, foil lands.

I gad a great GR deck with a lot of combat tricks one one of the pre.
>>
Did Anybody else shill out $15 dollars for the shitty starter deck because your store wasn't selling boosters or was it just me?
>>
>>46438700

No stores should be selling boosters until next week.
>>
>>46438433
I lost my final match with my opponent being at two health and having dual shot in my hand with no red mana on the field.

It could of been worse, friend.
>>
>>46438700
You could have just bought another PreRelease pack if you wanted boosters.

Thats what i did. Promo was Anguished Unmaking, another Anguished Unmaking in the boosters, Nahiri, Thing in the Ice and some midly playable rares.

Was a good purchase.
>>
>>46438747
They had none left in stock at my LCS
>>
Rarest card i pulled was relentless dead. Sadly, no one really needed it where i play.

New player at magic, so now I have to work out what to build as far as a budget deck goes for Standard.
>>
Went 1-3 cuz newbie (won 2 rounds, tied 1 round, lost 5 rounds)

R8 my deck

White/Black
>Moorland drifter
>Hanweir Militia captain
>2x Crow of DT
>Avacynian missionaries
>Dauntless cathar
>Pale rider of trostad
>Murderous compulsion
>Thraben inspector
>Kindly stranger
>grotesque mutation
>elusive tormentor
>always watching
>tamiyo's journal
>Rancid rats
>Reaper of flight moonsilver
>Forsaken sanctuary
>True faith censer
>Gisa's bidding
>Thraben gargoyle
>Puncturing light
>Strength of arms
>Inspiring captain
>Throttle
>Hound of the farbogs
>Devilthorn fox

and swamps>plains land ratio

Overall I thought I did pretty well for a first timer. My deck was fairly well balanced but I kept getting fucked over by mana dryness or epic aggro pulls.
>>
>>46438700
I've done that before, but they were out.
>>
>>46438888
Nice quads.

I bought the starter deck for the two boosters but just for the fun of it I gave it to my roommate and played it against my prerelease to see how it faired.

The Blue/green starter is essentially just a mill yourself deck. My shitty white/red mana starved promo beat it five zero.

Why does Wizards even try to make these starter decks anymore? They're all so shitty and have absolutely zero chance of making it anywhere in standard.
>>
>>46438995
I always thought the point of those decks was to sucker people into wasting their money and then having them waste even more money going to buy all the cards that they actually need to fix it.

Which is stupid. Purchasable decks should be about getting staples that you need so you don't have to bother with the greedy shits online.

MtG is an online shopping sim more than anything these days.

Commander decks are the only ones getting it right anymore.
>>
>>46438995
That's not what they are there for. Good MTG decks too complicated for new players.

Sure, there are a lot of players who know MTG is a complicated game and want all the fixings, but a lot think "Oh, that's that game for turbonerds, it has too much shit going on to be fun for anything but autists". So, the intro decks are super simple and feature a large variety of cards.
>>
>>46439172
WOTC is scared of people marking up precons if they put too many playables in them for too low a price
>>
Pulled diregraft, oppose the tide (whatever it's called), and titi monster as my notable draws. All my rares except 2 of them were B or U, so of course I played BU zombie horrors.

However, my only low drop zombies were 2 rancid rats, so I stalled out with press for answers. Press for answers was my MVP along side sanitarium skeleton.

3 of my rounds went to time, all of which I lost. For my last round I switched to RU control and won with titi monster. Lightning axe is so fucking good.
>>
>>46439337
I really hate this arms race of collecters vs. Wizards vs. vendors.

Can't we all just enjoy the game together in harmony?
>>
>>46439337
>>46439353
The actual reason is that stores/ tournament player would just buy the decks which would leave none of them for casual players - the people the product is intended for.
Fun fact: This happened with some of the decks 15 years ago. You just couldn't get them anymore in stores because they had valuable cars for Standard play in them. Must've sucked to be a casual player back in the day.
>>
>>46439337
>>46439398

http://mtgsalvation.gamepedia.com/Snake's_Path#Snake.27s_Path

http://mtgsalvation.gamepedia.com/Rats'_Nest#Rats.27_Nest

http://mtgsalvation.gamepedia.com/Darksteel/Theme_decks#Transference

There's a lot more
>>
>>46439398
It sucks to be a casual player now.
>>
>>46435087
Looked like you were implying that you found boardwipes bad (which they most likely are in limited unless you're running few creatures, which they usually are in sealed unless they don't hit you as hard).
>>
>>46439717
Board wipes are not bad in limited. They never have been. Only idiots who never play limited think that. Even if you run lots of creatures, you end up in board states where you are behind on creatures. And in the board states where you aren't, you are winning, so who cares?
>>
>>46438322
>Das Ding im Eis
Kek
>>
>>46428258
kek
>>
>>46429202
Phyrexian Marit Lage riding on Emrakul
>>
are you guys going to turn your prerelease decks into your standard decks etc? I was hoping to do that with my G/R werewolf deck, but surprisingly enough the six prize boosters gave me nothing to work with but a silverfur
>>
>>46439456
>tfw had bought transference back then

It was a pretty great deck for casual play between friends, is there any similar build currently in modern/legacy ?
>>
>>46440048
I would if standard wasn't pay to win. Yeah, I'll probably give it a shot, but I doubt it'll be any better than a limited deck. I'm not good at this game.
>>
>>46440238
I mean yea its probably pay to win, but I feel like it isnt as fucked up as modern.. at this point youve already paid for a few boostes (and perhaps won others?)
>>
>>46440309
I don't know whether I just got unlucky with the pairings or not, but I lost every round I was in. I didn't actually get stomped until the final round.

I really liked my deck though, and I made people work for their wins, for the most part. Pulled off a truly ridiculous combo, too.

>Stern Constable
>Groundskeeper
>Cryptolith Rite
>Crawling Sensation
>Plains

I'm sure you could figure it out.

I still lost.
>>
>>46440378
Always part luck and part skill that sounds like a good combo though..

I was feeling myself too till I lost on the last game 2-1
I ended up just using stoic builders ability to take lands back
>>
>>46440493
I feel like I'd do better if my FLGS wasn't stock to the brim with professional-level players, but that's just excuses on my part.

Hopefully a draft or two under my belt and I'll be able to run G/W human tribal in Standard.

Stoic builder's a solid card, especially if yo want to run heavy selfmill
>>
>>46440134

Affinity comes close, but it's more or less just Ravager putting the counters on an inkmoth or flier for winning. It doesn't use +1/+1 counters besides swinging.

I remember doing a precon war back in the day of Ravnica. Rat's Nest ended up winning pretty heavily. Mirrodin had some fun pre-cons.
>>
>>46440751
I see, thanks
>>
File: whatdoesthefoxsay.jpg (299 KB, 1239x697) Image search: [Google]
whatdoesthefoxsay.jpg
299 KB, 1239x697
Pic related is the deck I constructed out my pool this morning. Steamrolled people all day, going 6-1 and taking 12 packs home with me. Deck was a blast to play.

Ps. The Madness Fireball is disgusting.
>>
Casual player that hasn't played in like six years, should I bother getting a fat pack on the eighth?
>>
>>46441134
my experience:
promo: odric
foils:slayers plate, westvale abbey
R/M's: ulvenwald hydra, moondrakes wolf of devils breach traverse the ulvenwald prized alamgam, drogskul,

went r/w odric build. 2-2-1

tried to sell the foil abbey to the shop but they offered 11.50 usd, so i said fuck that. they are going for 40 on SCG.
>>
>>46441705
When ever are shops not maximum Jew
>>
I'm wondering, to git gud at making sealed decks, is there any program where I can do that and play test the deck vs others? Maybe something like cockatrice? I'm aware of the websites to simulate the pre-release but it's not really possible to get a good grip of how the deck plays out.
>>
Anyone see west vale abbey get played?
>>
>>46438700
I did, but half just to get the alt art Soul Swallower. I want to build a janky green ramp deck with that, oran rief hydran, and the new hydra. Maybe throw an ulamog or the green mythic eldrazi in there for shits and giggles.
>>
>>46442111
I played it
>>46441705
however, i never got to activate it.
might see play with g/w weenies in standard.
>>
>>46440659
its all practice man, I feel like the only reason I lost to the professional level guy at my store was because I drank a soda and that fucking sugary caffiene messed up my flow... which goes to say I think its all attitude... the line between success and failure is so slim... btw you should check out veteran cathar.. seems like a great card for a g/w set up
>>
>>46442111
haha I saw it played but not activated... I feel kinda bad, I think it costed the kid the match it seemed like he was having fun

and literally a kid he looked about 12/13 years old
>>
>>46423207
Horrible. I literally got every card I didn't want. No value no cards for any decks. Nothing. At least I went 4-0 at a new store and crushed everybody.
>>
>>46439769
Or you could have a creature to play in place of the boardwipe. Unless you're leaving something behind in that boardwipe, you're just resetting the boardstate and won't be able to win unless you out-draw your opponent.
>>
are the fat packs even worth it
>>
>>46442232
Veteran Cather is the bomb diggity.

I disassembled the deck, unfortunately, but the original plan was to stock up on Cathars and Lietuentants, and then go to town with Sigarda at the helm.
>>
>>46442515
wow sigarda looks really good... intrepid provisioner might come in handy too.... dat trample damage and +2/2 till end of turn for humans, especially if paired with lieutentants and champion of the parish... Im a big fan of the latter
>>
>>46442111
Had like five of them running around my prerelease, never saw them flipped, but they definitely made people blow removal on stuff they otherwise wouldn't to keep them down.
>>
>>46442595
Champion of the Parish is in standard?
>>
File: 44066[1].png (111 KB, 223x311) Image search: [Google]
44066[1].png
111 KB, 223x311
I watched the people next to me pull 2-3 mythics each, while at least 2 of my packs and my promo where lands. They aren't bad by any means, but I was hoping for something a bit flashier.

Meanwhile, I won 50% of my games exactly (2/4 matches, 5/10 games total) which is good for me.
>>
>>46442651
derp... my bad, for some reason I thought that just because cards were in the blessed vs cursed they were slated for reprints..
>>
>>46442785
No worries, I understand the confusion.

Thanks for the help, though. I guess I'll spend the next little while formulating. I'd take it over to the Standard thread, but they're vicious to budget players.
>>
>>46442309
This is MTG, they don't have infinite cards in hand.

If the board state is clogged and you have 2 cards in hand and they have 1, you wipe.
>>
>>46442771
Eh, I got 2 dual lands and when all hope was lost on the last pack I opened 2 mythics, 1 flip and the other normal.
>>
>>46439456
>Snake's Path -- Top
>Rat's Nest -- Jitte
>Transference -- ???

what am I missing in the last deck?
>>
>>46423207
First prerelease, 2-1, got myself a promo Anguished Unmaking and traded 2 Sin Prodders for an Olivia, Mobilized for War.

Pretty decent.
>>
File: 410013.png (158 KB, 223x311) Image search: [Google]
410013.png
158 KB, 223x311
>>46443822
Forgot pic
>>
>>46443665
http://magiccards.info/query?q=!Skullclamp

http://magiccards.info/query?q=!Seat+of+the+Synod

Both were banned in legacy and modern iirc.
>>
>>46441809
I think it is hard to simulate pre-release on something like cockatrice because there is no way to confirm that your opponent is just using the six packs they opened and not just building whatever they want.

That is only with randoms on the internet though, if you have a few buddies and want to draft/sealed for cheap, then playing on Cockatrice is a good way to do it.

>>46442111
I saw it played a couple times. Some guy got it as his promo and also pulled it in a pack. He played the game next to me first round and I saw him activate both of them on a stalled out board and just smash for a ton of damage.
The next game I played him and he was only able to use it to make chump blockers.
>>
Promo was thing in the ice. Pulled the super tutor junk mythic, and other garbage rares. Made Jund Wolves/Horrors, went 2-1 first round, 1-2 second, 2-0 3rd and left. No complaints though
>>
>>46441597
yes
>>
File: 115267_200w.jpg (24 KB, 200x285) Image search: [Google]
115267_200w.jpg
24 KB, 200x285
Anyone managed to build some neat BR Vampire/Madness/Delirium decks?
Got a foil Count Blackula and plenty of other vampires, so I want to make a tribal/madness deck with them.
>>
Played today, finished fourth and my two boosters had nothing worthwhile in them. My Promo was a Westvale Abbey and I also pulled a Thing in the Ice as well as a Foil Tamiyo's Journal.

Played UB Spooky Stuff. Basically screwed with the opponent's tempo by constantly bouncing and forcing discards while I tried to push for either Thing in the Ice, Westvale Abbey or Aberrant Researcher to flip OR after exhausting the opponent playing a gigantic Rise from the Tides. Somehow my deck became the scary one to beat at the scene since it was so hard to follow exactly when I would become a threat.

Only thing that pissed me off is that the person who took first place did so because his opponent (The only guy who beat me) didn't notice one of his flip proxies fell out of his deck and only waited to tell him after the match started, forcing him to concede due to illegal deck size. Just a bitter feeling whenever the resident That Guy gets a bunch of cards like that, also I would have been bumped to second or third but oh well.
>>
Made Green/Black Delirium
Went 3 - 1 but tied at the end and split prize, got 7 Boosters at the end.

Basically i just stuffed big fucking creatures and delirium based effects. Lost at the final round but we agreed to draw, still my opponent kinda wanted to ditch me and grab first place but the remorse got him and just called it a tie.

Pulled Thing in the Ice, Nahiri, 2 Anguished Unmaking, and lots of useful rares.
>>
>>46443858
I mean, I get buying up all the stock for Jittes and Tops, that shit is played in legacy.

But an uncommon and common that were banned almost immediately?
>>
i didn't get any Innistrad lands, and that upsets me.

I like collecting lands from sets I play in.
>>
Played a second prerelease today, pulls payed for the event (Foil Sin Prodder, Git Gud, Asylum Visitor, Foil Epiphany)

Match 1: Won Game 1 from pure creature advantage, Git Gud won me Game 2.

Match 2: Lost Game 1 to a friend that was running UB Clue Tempo. Won Game 2 and lost Game 3 due to flood.

Match 3: Faced a person who was new to MTG. Won Game 1 easy but lost Game 2 due to a fuckton of flood. Started flooding Game 3 while he was dropping creatures like there was no tomorrow. Conceded and got my pity pack, which had a Foil Tamiyo's Journal and Sigarda.
>>
>>46444661
Just buy the FatPack you stupid shit :^)
>>
>>46444775
If I wasn't literally scraping from paycheck to paycheck, I would.
>>
I didn't go, I can't build decks and my low self-esteem doesn't help.

Was it fun, fa/tg/uys and fa/tg/irls?
>>
>>46444820
I'm with you there, brother. I went anyway, and I hate myself now.
>>
>>46444820
>>46444866
lost almost all but had fun regardless, I also have a better understanding of what I need now, though many matches were close even played vs a qt grill
>>
>>46444866
Did you do any good?

Only pre-release I went to was M15, turned out I had an amazing card pool, but I'm shit so I made a shitty deck, dropped last match
>>
>>46444911
At least you had some fun, pretty luck imo
>>
>>46444929
I had an excellent card pool, I think, but everyone else had better, I think.

I dunno, I like in a reality where I only get shitty mythics and have never held a Planeswalker in my hand.

And nah, i didn't win. I'm basically the guy funding most of the prize packs for the winners.
>>
>>46444929
>>46444866
>>46444820
Not building decks will not make you better deck builders. Also, you can always ask the other players to give you advice on your deck.
>>
>>46444972
I usually tend to build around my removal and wherever the bulk of my good creatures are at. Rares and Mythics can be hit or miss, but not having enough removal or creatures will cause you to lose hard.
>>
>>46445020
The M15 one I asked some guys at the same table as myself for help, they just ignored me. Had a shitty experience overall, which just made me lose interest in actually going to that kind of stuff. Idk
>>
>>46445058
Have you tried going with friends?

Might want to look up some deck building strategies next time and probably even test out some deck building before going, otherwise you'll just be there to pull value or bust.
>>
>>46445047
Can confirm, I got fucked by that.

Actually the informative thing that comes with the pre-release kit helps a lot, too bad I didn't read it before starting, had too many useless spells.

Though, with only 16 lands I never had mana problems, I was getting flooded even despite having a curve of most 3-4 drops and a few 5s and 6s.
>>
>>46445120
I'll look into aspects of deck-building for sure, thanks for the advice!

Sadly, no one in my friend group plays the game, nor wants to
>>
>>46445047
It's more just envy breeding when people pull a Sorin and a foil Kord and you're on the opposite side of the table holding an Eerie Interlude if it's supposed to do something.

It didn't help that my packs had excellent creatures, no removal (barring that chode lightning axe, but I wasn't able to properly play red), and no major synergy.

In draft, I'll admit that I'm actually shit, but I have the same environment as >>46445058 when it comes to community. There are like two people I can stand there, and the rest are made of playing to win and smoke.
>>
>>46445058
sorry to hear that mate, the guys I talked to yesterday seemed chill

I think its all in how you come across too
>>
>>46424742
>Friend was r/b madness vamps
>opponent drops castigator
>Friend burned from withined for 7, flipped heir of falkenrath and did the 3 damage madness 1 r spell
>opponent ded

It was fucking hilarious
>>
File: SOI Prerelease Deck and Cards.jpg (7 MB, 8240x2736) Image search: [Google]
SOI Prerelease Deck and Cards.jpg
7 MB, 8240x2736
>>46445265
Eh, you work with what you got.

Sure pulling value is great and all, but you are never guaranteed to do so, and if you don't then you have to work hard to earn your packs.

Went 4-0 this weekend with this deck. People were pulling walkers all around me while I was stuck with this pile. It takes practice to git gud, and in the long run you are more likely to win if you know how to build a deck properly regardless of how much value you pulled.

Still wish I had pulled Arlinn Kord though.
>>
I ran blue green clue/lifegain. Worked really well as a defensive front while my partner swung with fatty werewolves.
>>
I actually really think the madness mechanic was great and feel bad I forgot to use it... I can see some potentially good combos bubbling up

Especially with mf LIGHTNING AXE
>>
>>46445407
And I'm trying to get good, never said I wasn't.

Doesn't stop it from being crushing from time to time.
>>
>>46445184
> family staying for awhile
> sisters boyfriend brings a shit ton of cards
>5 people playing with one brand new to the game
> loses his shit whenever a big creature gets removed, he's playing mono green
> sister doesn't understand to go easy when trying to get someone started
> playing avacyn and wrath of god and a bunch of other shit where she ends up with two hundred health
> new guy quits when he reads avacyn since he has no removal
>>
>mfw played G/W and curved out perfectly into
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 47

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.