[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>oh man the prank with the brushed was fantastic GW! >$120
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
File: Untitled.png (235 KB, 1348x921) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
235 KB, 1348x921
>oh man the prank with the brushed was fantastic GW!
>$120 for 3 brushes, couldn't have a better prank for April fools day!
>wait, what do you mean it's still on the site and for sale?
>>
>>46415034
You deserve this for supporting such a shit company.
>>
>>46415034
What country's dollars?
>>
>>46415034
There's no way that's USD
>>
>>46415034
I like the description.
>>
File: image.png (185 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.png
185 KB, 640x1136
69 USD. Still pants on head retarded
>>
>>46415034
on the US page it's $69
>>
>>46415176
He knows. That's why he cut out the "Shipping To" section that would show it's in AUD.

I don't know what it is, but somebody recently got a serious hateboner for GW and 40K and is shitposting hard about it.
>>
File: BlmdPZa.png (166 KB, 979x629) Image search: [Google]
BlmdPZa.png
166 KB, 979x629
>>46415097
>>46415100
USD prices are better.

And even if they weren't, high-end art brushes can get really damn expensive. The price wouldn't be totally abnormal either way.

Now, whether it'd be worth it is another matter entirely.
>>
File: 24d.jpg (17 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
24d.jpg
17 KB, 500x375
>>46415219
>Just don't buy from GW
>>
>>46415254
I think Testors has sable brushes for less then 15 for 2
>>
>>46415274

And testor's brushes are shit. They don't even bother to shape the tips for you out of the factory.

$20 MSRP for a kolinsky brush is normal. The thing is, NOBODY sells it for MSRP, not even art stores. You can get a better brush than GW's sable for $10-15, easily.

But the difference between $60, MSRP and "HURR DURR FOOKIN GW LOL $120" is huge. He overstated the price by nearly 100% and hid the country currency. That's like using HK dollars or something stupid like yen to try to pretend the brushes cost $6,000.
>>
>>46415254
Top end brushes used for Miniatures are 20-25 and I'm sure way better than that trash.
>>
File: good joke lads.png (117 KB, 865x504) Image search: [Google]
good joke lads.png
117 KB, 865x504
Duncan lad. Why?
>>
What's with the brushes? Just use your fingers – they're more dexterous, it's extremely hard to lose them, and they're usually free.
>>
>>46421283
>it's extremely hard to lose them
>in a hobby surrounded by clippers and knives

Whatever you say, Teddy Ten-Fingers.
>>
£42?

Are you fucking joking?

you could get #000, #0 and #2 size Windsor and Newton series 7 artists Kolinsky Sable brushes, for less than that - nearly £5 less, in fact.

and Series 7's really *are* the best brushes in the world, hand-made for the last 120-odd years.

That's daylight robbery.
>>
>>46415034
Who the hell is dumb enough to buy GW's official art supplies? Everything is marked up to a fucking insulting level. If you're going to pay that much, going to a professional art supply shop is always a better option.
>>
>>46422974
>ever needing a kolinsky below size 0
>buys W&N S7 instead of Raph 8404 or DaVinci

Mediocre.
>>
>>46422974
>and Series 7's really *are* the best brushes in the world, hand-made for the last 120-odd years.

Second best, maybe. Raphael 8404 are far superior. One look at the bristles compared to the same size W&N will confirm it.

http://www.secretweaponminiatures.com/index.php?main_page=page&id=7
>>
>>46423179
Yup, for a fraction of the price you can buy yourself a set of dentists tools better than any GW sculpting tools or jeweler saw/file sets that cost less than half what GW are charging.
>>
>>46415254
GW brushes arent top end. W&N Series 7 are the same price and cheaper, for much better quality.
>>
>>46424380

I prefer silicon tipped sculpting tools for less sticky hassle. I think those cost more than metal variants though, plus aren't as durable or useful for other things you can use metal sticks for.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.